Rhinoplasty Diary. - Chatswood, Sydney, Australia

Hello everyone, I am a 21 year old female from...

Hello everyone,

I am a 21 year old female from Melbourne planning to have a rhinoplasty done with Dr. Shahidi later this year. I created this account to show you all my journey from the initial consultation through to the surgery and of course all post-operative care.

I currently have my consultation scheduled for the 29th of May, and cannot wait! I have had insecurities about my nose for as long as I can remember now, and have finally decided to go ahead with this procedure. I honestly believe, as naive as this may sound, that a nose job will really enhance my self esteem and ultimately improve my life.

My current nose is nothing terrible (it's actually quite slim and narrow from the front which I like), however I have a small hump that I am desperate to remove, and I also would like to decrease the size of my nose in general, as I have quite small features, I feel my nose is too big for my face.

Like I said, my nose from the front isn't too bad at all, it appears quite straight and narrow, however my side profile tells a different story, and I hate it! :(.

Anyway, this is all I can really tell you about my nose for now, but I am going to post another entry about my consultation with Dr. Shahidi on the 30th of May, and whether or not I will decide to go ahead with this surgeon.

Recent pictures.

Here are some photos of myself that you can see the size and shape of my nose.

Front view.

As I said earlier, I am happy with the shape of my nose from the front. It looks relatively narrow, and you can't tell I have a hump.

New photo.

Side view of my nose showing hump that I hate!
Dr. Shahram Shahidi

Hello, I commented before but I just want to say again that you are lucky to be born as beautiful as you are. I mean that. You are gorgeous with stunning features and a sexy strong nose. I was very beautiful before my rhinoplasty and it changed my look in every aspect of my face for the worse. Aside from my nose, my smile and certain expressions don't look the same. And I miss my face. Now I realize how our nose works synergistically with the rest of our features to make the unique facial expressions and look we have. I just wanted to share my experience with you, so you can make a more informed decision. Because the regret that comes with a bad nose job or missing your old face is unbearable and I don't want others to have to go through what I am going through.
So happy to see another patient of dr Shahidi!!! I had my surgery last December and you will not be disappointed! So worth it :D
You are still a very attractive girl but I understand how you're feeling. I am in the same situation as you! I live in Brisbane and flew down to Sydney to have a consultation with Dr. Shahidi earlier this month. I don't plan on having a consultation with any other surgeon as I believe he's the best. I would really prefer to stay in Brisbane but I would not risk it. It is a lot of money but I have saved up for this and it's on my face..no hiding it if something went wrong! He advised me not to fly up to 7 days after the surgery due to blood clotting as well as the one week post-op check up to remove stitches etc. Let us know how your consultation goes! x
Wow you are absolutely stunning exactly as you are now. You say you are happy with your nose from the front. Well you need to realize that any change you make will change the look of your face, even from the front You can possibly lose the very things you love about your face. I had a rhinoplasty and like you, I loved the way I looked from the front but not my profile. But by lowering the bridge height, it changed the way I looked for the worse. There's nothing wrong with a hump in the nose. In fact they can be sexy!
I a so embarrassed... I really need to let it go and just post a proper picture on here. I suppose Im frightened of people laughing... I think that's what I need a new look. I don't find myself attractive at all.. I just see an old haggard women, with ageing skin a big nose. I do stupid stuff like take silly photos but they only go here I don't send them off to anyone... Anyway I don't see what you see. I think yourse being nice and thank you for your lovely personality.... its so nice to meet sweet people when their is s many ugly horrible personalities out there
Hi - my son (20) had his nose done by dr Shahidi in February 2013. Dr Shahidi was brilliant - perfect result (and excellent care). Best wishes to you!
Good luck with your consultation! You are really beautiful already!
Thank you!
I saw this doctor on the internet and wondered what he is like. I also am thinking that I will get this procedure done.
Hi there, I am a dr Shahidi patient and can assure you, it's well worth it!
Thank you! I read your review on him and that was what ultimately drew me to Dr. Shahidi in the first place. I think I have a similar nose to yours and would love the same outcome! Your nose looks fantastic. I am going to upload some pictures now :).
What is the procedure? I see Doctor Mooney is excels in Rhinoplasty and he is in Sydney. I live in Brisbane an I don't mind traveling. But what happens? Can I fly afterwards? What will my face look like? Are bandages required?
@Chrisinbrissy I would read the reviews on any Dr before booking a flight. I heard Dr Mooney has done some great work, but then I also came across this http://www.realself.com/review/silkwood-medical-bondi-junction-revision-rhinoplasty . So I decided not to book in with him. I don't want to deter your choice, but its always good getting the full picture and doing some research before you make such an important decision.
ps. good luck with your consult tomorrow @frenchfig I hope all goes well.
Oh that's so awesome I'm so glad my review was helpful to you! I actually became friends with another patient on Facebook and she looks amazing too! Just say you like my nose when you see him and hope to achieve similar results. That's what I did with another patient of his :)
I have heard of bad reviews from dr mooney
Thank you, that's definitely what I will do! Do you mind if I add you on Facebook? I'd love to see some more photos of your nose and be able to ask you some more questions, if you don't mind of course! :).
I went to Dr Mooney. It was the best decision of my life. He fixed a my nose after a horrible nose job. He has made my nose beautiful. People always comment on how nice my nose is. He was so kind in every consultation and really knew what he was doing. I can finally breathe and my nose is n't falling a part anymore. I highly recommend him. Some people have unrealistic expectations when it comes to cosmetic surgery. He is a Dr not a magician. He has to work with what he is given. He cant make an ugly face pretty. I highly recommend. He was fantastic and HOT HOT HOT. Sexiest Doctor in history
Good luck and please let us know how your consultation goes! Here's a list of questions to ask.
Very helpful! Thank you so much.