Not As Simple As It Sounds - Charlotte, NC

I had Ultherapy a few days ago and hope it was...

I had Ultherapy a few days ago and hope it was worth it! The procedure was very painful, despite numbing cream and "blockng." My physician hit a nerve in my forehead, which hurt like heck. Now, every time I rub my forehead, I feel it in the top of my head. Strange! And while there is not serious down time, my face is very swollen, and I have some red marks on my cheekbones. I have not seen any immediate results, but was told I would have peak results in four months. I'll re-post after the four-month mark.

Did you think the results were worth it? May I ask who you went to see? Thanks
Thanks, Misslpc1. It's been just over 3 weeks now, and the sensation is fading. Glad to hear it's not permanent. My face seems to be looking a bit fuller, but it's still early. Hope you like your results!
I went out immediately that night. It was more swelling than redness, particularly at my cheekbones. It took 3-4 days for it to go down. The second day was the worst. If I had had to be somewhere days 2-4, I wouldn't have wanted to go. It's not an "absoutely no down time" procedure, at least it wasn't in my case.
Hi Rosie, I had the same experience with rubbing my forehead when I was washing my face and feeling it in the top of my head! It was a completely bizarre feeling. My doctor assured me it was normal and now 4 weeks out that sensation is completely gone. Hope you are seeing some good results.

Sorry to hear about the discomfort you had with the treatment.

Did you feel ok going out & about with the redness, or did you choose to stay in until it subsided?