I am 43 years old and just lost 83 lbs this year....

I am 43 years old and just lost 83 lbs this year. This was all done on my own with healthy eating and portion control by weighing and measuring my food to stick to calorie count of no more than 1200 calories a day and some light exercise. I am 5'6 and weigh 145 lbs. I have been as big as a size 18/20 and bra size of 40G and my highest weight reached was 248 lbs but when i was at 228 when i decided it was time to change my life. I decided that whatever i weighed at the end of the year would be the weight i would maintain. My surgery is scheduled exactly one year to the date of my healthy life style change.
I have been married for 24 years and have a 21 year old son.. they have been very supportive of my decision for surgery.
Weight gain and loss have definitely taken a toll on my breast..right now i'm a saggy 36DD and size 8 pants. Although i look and feel good in clothes I know what i look like underneath and i feel i have worked so hard to get where i am that i deserve to treat myself so i can feel even better about myself. I think my boobs will still be a decent size after lift hopefully a perky 36D and looking forward to a flatter stomach. It was a tough decision as to weather or not i should get implants but 3 out of 4 PS said they did not feel i needed it :) They also said i really don't need liposuction . All 4 surgeons were very nice but i chose Dr Liszka because there was just something in each of the other surgeons that made me second guess them. I would definitely recommend consulting with a few PS if possible.
My pre -op is in 2 days on the 19th and my surgery on Jan 2, 2014...As excited as i am, i am equally nervous. I took a leave of absence from work for 18 days( i work in retail) and hope that my incisions and swelling have healed enough to feel comfortable going back in that time frame. The only kind of surgery i have ever had was getting all four wisdom teeth out at one time...so sometimes i think i'm nuts for electing to have surgery, LOL. I have been reading reviews on this site for a few months now and it has really been so helpful in figuring out what to expect and basically i know it's going to be painful and difficult but it does get better. I know i am rambling on on ...sorry but it definitely helps to get it out. I will post again after my pre- op on thursday.
I will add before photos without bra and panties as i get closer to surgery so you can really see what i look like without support :(

Went for pre op today 12/19/13

All i can say is i'm not nearly as nervous as i thought i was going to be. The appointment was with the PS Nurse Leslie...and she was great. She really went over all the information so that we would know what to really expect the day of surgery and also recovery. My husband and i are calling it "FrankenBOOBY- BELLY" because of how swollen and boxy i will be for awhile...i find it easier to joke about it. I had to sign a bunch of papers that explain all the things that could happen but that didn't scare as much as i thought it would because of all the research I've already done. Got all my prescriptions filled(4) and bought a multivitamin and vitamin C because they wanted me to start taking that now to help build the immune system and promote better healing. Leslie took my before photos and i had my husband take them too so that i can post them today...Let's just say that the blue panty is not very forgiving, and you can certainly see why a breast lift is absolutely necessary!!!Oh and i can totally use a thigh lift my legs were so heavy and there is just so much loose skin but that's for another time. These pictures are really depressing but it what it is :( I am off for a week before surgery so i will have time to get the house in order and make sure i have everything i will need...all i can do now is count down the days and think positive thoughts :)
So excited on your decision. You'll be saying goodbye to frankenbooby belly soon :) and you will be so happy you did it. I'm only on 3 day post and I'm loving my flat belly and shape - and my boobs!!! Excited to follow your posts.

Congrats on that weight loss! You are awesome. I'm so glad you started your story here on RealSelf. Sounds like you're well on your way to an improved version of you. Please keep us posted. :0)

Thanks for sharing your story. You have worked so hard to loose this weight and you deserve this makeover !!!! You are going to look fantastic !!! I will be following your journey :-)

thinking again ...ugh!

So i woke up this morning and i'm only 1/2 lb away from my 85 lbs lost before surgery which is awesome but then i can't help think "are my boobs going to be big enough ?" I really think i will be 36D when done because i'm snug in 36dd and that is definitely a good size. For years i have suffered buying bras and i just want it to be right off the rack 36D but yet i can't help but think should i do a small implant but yet i really don't want implants....I guess i'm going to be driving this crazy train until Jan 2...god help me and my poor hubby :)
Congrats on your weight loss and best wishes on your journey!!!!! I hope to be there with you soon.
Thank you so much...just finished writing my lists of things to do and buy this weekend. I read your story good luck to you on your weight loss...just stay focused on your goal...you can do it :)
So proud of you!!! Looking forward to going through this with you!! :)

Making myself crazy...hopefully PS can get me in on Monday for secondary consult

So i have not been able to stop thinking about adding implants to my breast lift. I'm not looking to be huge but just a well filled out shape. At first i was so set against it because i felt like i worked so hard to get where i'm at with my weight that i should just have the excess saggy skin removed. I was 152 when i went for consult and now i'm 143 and will still probably lose a little more, i'm afraid i will be too small and not be happy.
But on the other hand(this is where i'm on the crazy train)
1.I don't want to look heavy
2. Would only want Silicone implant
3. Cost is a factor Hoping for no more than $1,500 but assuming more like $2,000. If more than that i think i will just stick with the lift and wear push up bras when needed.
Hopefully i can get in on Monday so he can reevaluate my breast since i've lost more weight since my consult...I really just need peace of mind one way or the other.
Oh and of course this really sucks because my surgery is Thursday...so i really need to be seen asap.
Oh and the good news is that i picked out my panties to wear for drawing my scar line on surgery day...yay!!!
Also I think i'm about 85% prepared for recovery just some fresh produce to buy and some cooking to do the day before surgery.
Congrats on the weight loss! You are the prefect candidate for this , you will get amazing results! I can't wait to see the after pics!
Awesome job on your weight loss, you look FABULOUS! I also had a close to 100 lb.weight loss, and I can honestly say having a LBL and breast lift was the best thing I have ever done for myself! ( Well, after losing the weight!). I am sure you will just LOVE your results....

PS squeezed me in for 2:45 today...whew!!!

I am not one who usually worries about things but this has been weighing so heavily on mind. Even though i'm 85% sure my PS is going to say i will beautiful results without implants I feel it's really important that i see him for a secondary consult just to make sure we are on the same page as to what to realistically expect for my results. Although Leslie the PS Nurse was awesome on my pre op visit...I think if i would've have seen Dr. Liszka that day i would've have addressed any concerns at that point.
I am already so much more at ease just knowing that they are making time to see me to address my concerns :) I will update tonight with the final verdict, lol.
I also struggled with getting an implant. It was the one thing I wasn't sure about. In the end I decided to go with the implant. I'm a little over a month post op and I'm so glad I did get implants. My boobs looked good before in a bra. I was a 38D, but when I took the bra off...PANCAKES! Now, they look great. I decided to go with the implant because I didn't want my boobs to be smaller than they were before the lift. I just asked my doctor to make them look like they do in my bra, minus the bra! Good luck!
Thank you so much for your input...that's what i'm looking for too the bra look minus the bra, lol. On my way to see what PS has to say.

Today was like being on a roller coaster...

Let me start by saying i'm so happy i went in today for secondary consult...Dr. Liszka and staff are really so wonderful!!!
Ok so expressed my concerns about my volume because of weight loss and PS did agree i had lost volume since he last saw me in October. I asked him to show me where he thought my boobs would be and size...the placement is awesome I was really very excited however because of the lost volume he said i will probably end up only being a C cup( he even mentioned full B) well that seemed ridiculous to me at the moment so naturally i had to ask about his opinion on implants because i was really hoping to be a D cup.
Dr. said i would do great with implants to achieve the D cup i'm looking for and although he thinks i would do fine with saline i told him i would really only want silicone. He said he would use 250cc's under the muscle.
So now i'm so happy and giddy with joy and relief...my boobs are going to be amazing UNTIL i met with Sherry (office manager sweet as pie) and she told me the cost$$$$$$$$$$. It would be an additional $3840...for real...i asked her seriously? Apparently it's not just the cost of the silicone implants $2100 but the additional surgeon fee $935 and then the combined extra anesthesia & facility fee at $805. As ridiculous as that amount was I still thought about doing it even though i know i really can't afford it.I called the hubby on my way home and he confirmed it...:he said" that's ridiculous are they serious...i don't know how we can do it...do you just want to wait a little longer to have it done?" HELL NO ...i'm doing this now!!!
Naturally at this point i just want to bawl my eyes out... i literally felt so "DEFLATED"
It took me about an hour to wrap my head around this situation...I don't like to dwell on what i can't change...time to move on.
So now i have reasoned with myself that the reason i am having any type of surgery at all is because i was fat and now i'm not. I lost 84 lbs in one year on my own and now i'm smaller and just need to get rid of all the excess skin. The only reason i had big boobs is because it was all fat. So i will take my Perky C cup( i hope) and flat belly and be thrilled because i will look better than i ever have.
Now if by the time my husband comes home he has robbed a bank or something then i'm all in....hahahahahahaha!!!!
Thank you all for going through this with me :)
My surgeon is going to be conservative concerning my augmentation and lift as well- he says he is concerned with making my breasts "more beautiful" rather than "huge" and recommended saline as well. I hated that I felt like I didn't have control over that at first, but he reminded me that I couldn't just choose breasts like picking out a purse at a store, and then I decided to defer to his judgement. He said he's going to go with the desired shape and placement first, then make my breasts as large as my frame could handle and still look nice. It's so hard for me to give up control like this so I know exactly where you're coming from! You can always go bigger later, right?
My PS was happy with how he feels i would look without implants that the only reason for it is if i feel the need to be bigger...so i really think i'm ok without the implants and if i'm unhappy then yes i could add them at another time. Good luck with your surgery, i'm sure you will look amazing!
You will look amazing! Wait until you see how tiny you look with a flat, tight belly. You seem to have a lot of breast tissue, and once it is lifted high, tight, and perky you will have an awesome physique! We are pretty close in size, I am 5'5, 127 lbs and have a small "C" cup.....everyone thinks they are larger because they are high!Try not to get hung-up on cup size....I am sure you will look wonderful!

Back on the coaster for a short ride

So hubby called on his way home and said we will figure it out...My response probably not what he expected " oh come on i moved on and finally made peace with this and it's really just too much money " so for the last two hours i have been going back and forth because i truly convinced myself i didn't need the implants. Here is my issue i want the size D cup but there is a part of me that really doesn't want implants. So i did such good job talking myself out of it that i can't seem to talk myself back into it, lmfao!!!
I know how you feel! I was scheduled for tt bl ba and flank lipo on jan. 3... due to illness postponed till Jan. 9. But I was indecisive as well with all the options and changes! I think thats normal and whatever you decide will be right. It is what it is and you will be happy with what you chose. I hope this helps? I guess if we can't have it all we be thankful for what we can do! You will be beautiful either way! good luck and hope all goes wonderful!
Oh so sorry you had to postpone i hope you feel better quickly. Although i really did lose volume(not crazy after all) My PS seemed so pleased when he showed me what his plan is and told me what a great shape i already had. I have to get use to the idea that "all of me" is smaller...I have been heavy for so many years that even when i look in the mirror sometimes it's hard to believe it's really me. When my husband gave me the go ahead to get the implants I was already over it and was very confident in my decision...it did make me think about again for a while but i guess in the end i never really wanted implants just thought I needed them to look good and i know that is not true because how can i regret a flat belly and perky boobs. I am so very thankful for what i have achieved this year and i'm confident in my PS and my decision. Thank you for your support, look forward to following you on here.
hahaha ...i changed my mind going with BA after all ...what a day!

Going with Silicone 250cc under the muscle ...amusement park in my head closed!!!

So i called PS office first thing this morning and told them i will just stick to my original plan. Then Sherry called me back and asked me if it was because of the sticker shock when she told me the cost ...i told at first it was was that i was ok with out them. She told me that Dr. Liskza could see how excited i was yesterday when we talked about the implants and doesn't want me to make a decision based on money...he just wants me to be happy with my results. At this point i just didn't know what to do so i called my hubby ..he said it's your body do whatever you want but you keep going back and forth and i don't want you to have any regrets. That was it no regrets ...once and done. At this point i had been on the roller coaster so many times i couldn't even think straight ...he called Sherry and they worked out the details.
Dr. Liskza and his staff are awesome!!!!
Going through the same thing with the implants. Doc really thinks I'm looking to go too big. He wants me to wait until my TT settles and look at my portions since I'm curvy. Looking at your proportions I think you would look awesome with just a lift. You're petite and the bonus would be smaller tops. :)
Part of me really didn't want implants because i just want to keep it "real" but i really like the size of my boobs in bra now...so the thought of being so much smaller really scares me...I don't want to go through all of this and have these anchor scars and then be disappointed. I'm not looking for bigger just filled out. When i asked PS what size he said he feels 250cc under muscle will give me my desired look and i didn't question his judgement. Thanks for the petite comment ..I may be smaller than i was but definitely not petite, LOL. Oh you look amazing...i read your story ..you looked so good even before surgery and it looks like you have nice size boobs already...do you need a lift or did you just want to go bigger?
I have dream boobs in mind. I need to lose another 8 pounds and that would put me at a b-c. My boobs are 100 ml different on each side so a lift alone and making me symetrical would def give me a b. My doc feels I may go too big and I won't like them when I exercise. He would put my implants (silicone) above the muscle. Under the muscle for me may result in a snoopy effect. Google it you'll be glad you did. Your boobs have a lot of volume. Do the water test. Fill a 4 cup measuring cup to the line. Put it in another big pan for spillage. Then lean over and let one boob in so your body touches the rim. When u take it out you will see how much water is missing. That's the volume of your boob. Fill up again and do other one. Mine are 225 and 325ml. He also said if I went bigger I wouldn't need the lift but after a lot if reading I would want it so I won't look heavy and droopy in the future. That's not a look I want to go for, lol. You're boobs will be nice and perky and a c is a good size and sexy bras are plentiful. Thank u for the compliments. This morning I woke up and knew it was the right thing that I had it done. Now to sculpt. As for your weight loss.... Fantabulous! That's a lot of weight and I can tell you lost it the smart way as your skin is very nice. Your hubby sounds like he's very supportive. That's awesome as a lot are not. Mine hates my Frankenbelly. He's not a fan of scars. He lets me do what I want though and knows how important it is for me. Best of luck! I can't wait to see more pics!

The final countdown...

I can't believe it...I am 19 hours out from arriving at surgery center(only 25 min away). My surgery is scheduled for 7:15-7:30 am..let's hope it goes as planned. The surgery is going to be about 5- 5.5 hours... TT w/MR , BL & BA. Aunt Flo arrived last night right on schedule but thankfully because of the BC pills i take it's hardly even there. They told me not worry it happens all the time. I'm just sitting here kind of not sure what to do with myself. I thought it would be nice to make a turkey breast and some sides so my husband will have some easy meals to eat the next few days...I will definitely eat the turkey but not all the other stuff, finishing off the laundry, getting my meds and everything i need for the morning ready... God i hope i'm ready for this...my plan is lots of rest, healthy foods & lots of water and taking all my meds. I don't have a recliner but have lots of pillows on hand to prop me up and for under my legs, non stick gauze and paper tape, baby wipes,tissues, stool softener , pads, chapstick, neck pillow, zip front sweatshirts, lounge pants, soft bras. bigger panties,saltines, ginger ale,medicine chart,heating pad for my back,thermometer. I know this is going to be really tough at first but it will get better...all you RS women have survived the pain and discomfort and so will I.
My hubby and i went out last night for dinner and movie. I imagine i won't feel up to date night for a while :(
Happy New Year!!!

Some random pics from the last couple of days

Just wanted to take pics at different angle so i can compare before and afters...wish i was bloated but oh well. Also pics to show how much weight i have lost before surgery.

meant to say wish i "wasn't " bloated...

I wish i wasn't bloated in pics for better comparison but i guess a hanging belly is a hanging belly, LOL
Hope you are doing well.
You will not regret these pics! Good luck and can not wait for new pics and the newer you. You will ROCK it!
Excited to see the new you!

Expect everything you read to be true so you will be prepared

Surgery went really well...Dr. Liskza did a great job!!! I weighed 142.5 surgery morning and have been really swollen since then,it is very uncomfortable but so worth it. I had my first BM yesterday thank god because it was really making me cranky, lol, Definitely recommend buying a bottle of magnesium citrate it worked better than anything else for me.
My hubby helped me shower on Sunday and it was exhausting but did feel good. I have been taking all meds as prescribed and have stuck with only one pain pill at a time. I haven't really had much of an appetite but making sure i eat 3 times a day and drinking lots of water.

Also just want say i'm so happy i decided to go with the BA in addition to BL...even though i'm swollen they look like they will be perfect size for me...YAY!!!!! silicone 250cc in right breast and 225cc in left (was slightly bigger) for symmetry. The scar for TT looks really good too!
The pics i'm putting up are from right before shower.
Thanks for posting! I'm still reading your posts but I had to say, this might sound crazy, but thanks for photographing your muff; it looks AMAZING!! Oddly enough I am most exciting about mine getting smaller. Did they do much to it? Oh, all looks amazing! I feel like we have the same exact tummy!!!
i actually cropped them afterwards ,lol. I had read someone else post that when they do the TT your hooha gets lifted and yes apparently it does...pretty excited about that too!
Nice!

The swelling and back pain are really bothering me

i have been getting up and moving around probably every 1.5 hours. i keep readjusting my binder because i'm just uncomfortable...any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
I used a heating wrap type thing for my back. The thingy you put in the microwave. My doctor said not for more than 15 minutes and not anywhere you don't have any sensation, like your tummy. The back pain is around for awhile, unfortunately. Every week it gets better but mine still hurts if I don't have the binder or spanx on. Good luck, just remember every day gets better than today!
Thank you ... I think the way the binder was bent pushed my muscle under my rib or something.... It goes from my rib cage up to the top of my right shoulderIt's so painful when I lay down ... I go tomorrow for my first post op... Hopefully I can get some sleep tonight...ugh!!!
You look amazing!! Congrats!!!

In the hospital ...

Well turns out the pain was not from my binder ... I have 3 blood clots... 2 in my right lung (excruciating ) and 1 in my leg( felt like a Charlie horse ) as of right now the only way to control the pain in the lung is with IV medication. Hoping to be home by Monday.
Yesterday was my one week post op visit which went well... Took off bandages and took out some stitches ... Everything looks to be healing nicely :)
I hope you are feeling better soon!
Thank you I get to go home in a couple of days. Looking forward to getting my recovery back on track.
WowsA! Serious stuff. Sending you healing prayers!

PS came to see me today in hospital

Dr. Liszka came to check on me today... Said every thing looks good... No fluid build up under TT... So thankful because I'm on bed rest. I should be getting out in a couple of days ... I am going crazy just laying around!!'

finally home and back to working on my recovery

Released yesterday from hospital...yay! Sent me home on blood thinner for the next six months, still hard to believe this happened. My tummy tuck recovery has been set back a bit due to all the pain i was having from blood clot in lung and then from the back pain caused by hospital bed it has been almost impossible for me to not hunch when walking or even standing.
Today however i feel like a new woman...one pain pill and a good night sleep did wonders for me!!!
I probably did more than i should have but i was feeling so good and there is a lot of catching up to do. I am wearing my binder and a compression garment during the day but i think i will take off binder for sleeping.
The pics are from today after my shower ...12 days post op.
Happy Healing everyone!!!
Oh my .. what an "adventure". Glad you are home and recovering. Sending (((hugs)))
Wow blood clots Im sorry to hear that were they able to tell if you had them prior to the surgery? In the past I have suffered from PE and they told me that they usually start in you lower extremities and travel upward. I had so many, my lungs were spotted when they showed me the xrays? Im glad they found them in time that is very scary. So please pay attention to your bodies and ask questions about anything you aren't sure of it really could be a matter of life or death. Happy Healing!!!!!!!
i think it was the day after surgery I felt a pain in my leg...I thought it was a charlie horse from having my legs elevated and then getting up to walk...didn't give it a second thought(but it did happen twice) turns out that was were the blood clot started...broke off and ended up in my lungs. The lung specialist did say that one of the two in my lung seemed like maybe it was older but culdn't be sure. When he was asking me all sorts of questions i basically told it him it wouldn't surprise me because of how overweight i was...that I used to sometimes have shortness of breath and pains. I was also on birth control pills for many years which is also a contributing factor for blood clots...they had me stop those immediately and for good. I'm just glad at that at my post op visit my surgeon said if you start to have shortness of breath you need to go to ER and get checked for blood clots...I am so thankful to be alive!!! Congrats on all your weight loss as well and continued success to get where you want to be before your surgery. Just make sure you are getting all the nutrients your body needs prior to and after surgery to promote better healing :) Did they put you on blood thinner for your clots? and if so do you still take it?

If you haven't already heard of "Exparel"

If you haven't had your surgery yet be sure to ask about "Exparel" it's a numbing medication that last for up to 3 days after surgery...cost about $350. So worth it :) I had it for TT portion of surgery.

I'm feeling really good and hoping i'm not doing too much...will find out tomorrow at my next post op visit.
You look great!! I must say, I wish my tummy had looked as good as yours did after my 80+ pound weight loss. I can't wait to see how everything looks as the swelling subsides.

2 week post op visit today

Well after two weeks and feeling really good Doc said i can start light exercise...walking, treadmill and light weights...just don't over do it. I can also start using scar cream...I bought the one they sell in the office $85. I was going to use the silicone strips but decided not to because the receptionist was telling me you have to rinse them each time and let them dry, sometimes they move too...just don't feel like dealing with that. They snipped the rest of stitches. I am still swollen around my TT but he doesn't think its fluid build ...I'm going for another post op next week too just to make everything is ok. We had a busy day today...after doctor appt. we went to lunch, food shopping, Target, came home unloaded groceries and went out for Chinese(i get steamed shrimp, broccoli& brown rice with sauce on the side) and went to the movies. We were home early but i think it was a bit much...I couldn't stand up straight after movie :( Now it's time to call it a day...Happy Healing!!

3 week post op

So i went for my 3 week post op visit today and i'm feeling really good. Everything looks good but my old belly button scar is still healing. He said it could take a couple more weeks just keep doing what i'm doing keeping it covered with small nonstick gauze and bacitraycin. He wants to see me in two weeks instead of a month just to make sure belly button is healing. He also told me i can stop wearing my sports bra to bed but continue wearing a soft no wire bra during the day. I told him that i still have a hard time lifting my arms above my head because of implants but i've been doing arm stretches to work on that. I have been massaging my scars with Cortisilk scar lotion when i get out of shower and also bought Palmers cocoa butter w/vitamin E scar oil for at night to massage to scars. I feel like a lot of the swelling on my belly has gone down but not completely gone. Morning of surgery i weighed 142.8 and today i was 138 ...I am thrilled because bring to me a 90 lb weight loss. I have been lifting my 8 lb weights every couple of days just starting slow. Although i prefer to walk outside , it's just been too cold and i do not want tot get sick so i used my treadmill today. I did 25 minutes at 3.2mph...i didn't want to over do it since this was the first activity in quite sometime but it felt good to be moving again. I go back to work on Monday just 4 hours a day for the week as per my doctor from hospital because of the blood clots. I just can't wait to be back into my routine.
Happy Healing!!!

4 weeks post op

So as of 4 weeks my TT is healing nicely and old belly button scar is almost completely closed, hopefully by next weeks post op visit it will closed. My BL, BA scars are also healing nicely. I have been massaging the CortisilMDX lotion on daily after showering and then in the evening using the scar oil ...the oil is a lot expensive so i can use more for a longer massage. I feel like my boobs interfere with my upper body strength...it's hard to explain because i'm not sure if i feel the implants moving or if the muscle is still tender (implants placed under muscle) ...it just feels unusual. I just want that feeling to go away. My muscle repair is still tender and i still have some swelling but it's not terrible. I did go back to work just part time for this week, regular schedule next week. I'm glad i was able to ease into it because i do stand all day. In the morning when i get up my boobs feel heavy but that doesn't last long. I feel really good during the day but in the evening i get swollen and my boobs feel a bit sore. Sleeping is getting better but not great. I'm still slightly elevated and have to swing my legs over the edge to get up...i usually get up 1-2 times per night...ugh. Overall though i'm not really complaining just updating my recovery progress...i am so thrilled i did this and already love my results...no regrets. Happy Healing!
Wow, you boobs look amazing !!! Your tummy is nice and flat. The scars are healing nicely. Keep up the good work !! And take it easy at work ;-)
Thank you ...it feels so amazing to have boobs in the right place...Yay!!!

Having a really good day

Last week when i went food shopping(by myself) it really kicked my butt pushing the heavy cart around and then the loading and unloading of groceries ...i had to relax the rest of the day :( Today i'm feeling really good...went food shopping(myself, lol) did laundry, vacuumed the stairs and 4 couches my only complaint is my backs hurts a bit from leaning over to vacuum. My elliptical was delivered the other day but we have to put a lot of it together...ugh...hopefully get that done tomorrow. Happy Healing Everyone!!
Good to hear you are doing good. You look great. I am on my 2 weeks post opp still hunching and having hard time to go to bed. I am still on my recliner. Every morning I wake up very sore with muscle spasms on my breast. How can I straight myself? Did you have issue like that?
I was told with muscle repair "you have to be standing straight by day 5" ...oh boy that was not easy because of the pain i was having in my lung from blood clot but i was doing okay. I found that when i first stood up if i slowly straightened myself before walking it made it a bit easier to stay that way but as soon as you realize your hunching you need to make a conscious effort to get straight again. Being in the hospital for 4 days on bed rest after my first week of working so hard to get moving and straight did set me back quite a bit but i think by week 3 i was doing really good. This week i finally noticed a big difference when getting into bed and getting comfortable doesn't take very long now :) The first couple of weeks really are the hardest but it really does get better each week :) Happy Healing!!!
You look good. I live in Charlotte too and had my surgery 10 days ago. I always afraid of getting blood clot. Glad to hear you found out at early stage. I had shortenss of breath and I had hard time to take a deep breath. It was from my large implants. Now I am feeling much better. I never had swollen on my legs. Only my problem is standing strait.

5 weeks post op

Went on 2/6 for my 5 week post op appt. Old belly button is still about another week away from being completely healed. Boobs still a bit square(you can really see it in pics) Dr. Liszka said if we need to do a slight revision he can just do it in the office but we will wait at least until the 3 month mark to talk about it. I'm really not concerned about it. I don't have to go back now for 6 weeks. As far as exercise I can do just about anything i want at this point except for crunches...which i'm very sad about because i love them :( He said i have to wait until July...ugh!!! The muscle repair is not as restricting as it was but when i laugh(which i do quite often) i still have to hold my stomach and try to control myself but it really only makes me laugh even more LOL :) I asked about pull ups he said yes so as soon as i got home i tried to jump up on my pull up bar and thought i ripped my gut out...so modified pull ups it is...I guess you really just have to listen to your body. I'm slowly building my stamina on the elliptical adding a few minutes each time. I started my regular hours at work this week and it was rough the first couple of days but by the end of the week i was good. My boobs still feel heavy on the anchor part of the incision scars first thing in the morning and then in the evening. My anchor scars are very long so i think the discomfort will last for a while...oh well. I don't really have feeling in the nipples yet...which i'm kind of okay with because they were very sensitive sometimes. I am both a side sleeper and back sleeper and i'm starting to be able to sleep a little on my side but it doesn't last very long and i still elevate myself a little too. Belly still has some swelling and really depends on the day as to the degree of swelling again...oh well. I'm happy with how my scars are healing , every week i can see the difference. Anyone out there who is unsure about surgery I say go for it!!!! It is worth every $$$$$ and every bit of discomfort (which gets better everyday). Before surgery i was so self conscious of my belly and boobs...but now i have no problem walking around naked in front of my husband...i will drop my robe whenever he asks...LOL. I am so proud of how i look now. Between all the weight i lost on my own and TT,BL & BA I truly feel so good about myself and that feeling is Priceless!!!
I am glad to hear you are healing well and are back at exercising! You look fabulous and I think the boobs look great just as they are!
Thank you and you look great as well...i didn't realize your surgery was just a couple of days before mine. I'm happy with the boobs too i don't care if there not "perfect" ...I love them so much I can't stop looking at them...LOL.

6 weeks post op

So It was six weeks ago today I had my surgery and it all seems like a distant memory. My boobs are really beginning to feel natural to me but I do still have pressure pain on the anchor scar when I get up from sitting for a while and getting out of bed. Today was the first day I didn't cover the old belly button incision with tape and gauze... Seems to be closed but will probably wait a little before I start using the scar lotion on it. I haven't really been eating quite as healthy as I should be and I think that is affecting my swollen belly... No more M&M's and salty snacks for me!!! I did a couple of good workouts since last week... Just have to work on my stamina . We had a snow storm these past couple of days ... I did a little shoveling and felt ok ... Not sure if my belly is swollen from that or snacking all day. Anyway I think that's all I've got.... Happy Healing Ladies !!!
Thanks for the encouraging words Hopez...I thought today was my day to get back on track but the hubby to took me out for dinner...it was yummy! Tomorrow i will definitely workout longer...no excuses :) How are you feeling?
Snacking or not you still look great !!! Congrats. I bet when you start working out you are going to look even better !!!

7 weeks post op

This past Saturday I really gave myself a great workout ... I felt really good afterwards. My belly tends to swell up around 3:30pm when I'm at work ... I'm starting to think it's telling me it's had enough and it's time to relax. I finally got my period a couple of days ago and OMG I'm so bloated... I didn't even bother to take any pics this week . I was back to eating really healthy again but today I binged... Couldn't seem to get enough sweet & salty snacks ... Now I'm mad at myself for giving in because I'm really trying to lose 5 lbs. Anyway nothing much else to say... Happy healing ladies !!!

8 weeks post op

This week has been good, I'm really trying to get back to a good routine. I had two really good workouts so far on Tues and Wed...even though i can't do any sort of crunch type workout for my stomach i'm trying to incorporate moves that engage the core but still being careful not to over do it. My stomach still has a little daily swelling and my muscle repair is still a bit tender. I've been busy at work this week with all the new spring apparel coming in so i've started wearing my garment again just for a little extra support. My boobs feel so much better...my only complaint is at night i tend to have some swelling and when that happens my incision lines feel sore ...it just makes me a little uncomfortable. Overall i have to say i'm feeling pretty good. Happy Healing ladies !!!
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

So far only met with him for consult but felt very comfortable.This was my third different PS consult so i was already pretty well informed but he was very informative making sure he covered everything. I will post more when i can. Went for secondary consult today and Dr. Liszka was really helpful and made me feel so comfortable . I know i chose the right doctor. Dr. Liskza is wonderful...came to see me twice while i was in the hospital to check on my recovery. I would highly recommend Dr.Liskza !!!!