Miradry- Hit a Nerve - Charlotte, NC

Hello I had the Miradry treatment done 3 days ago,...

Hello I had the Miradry treatment done 3 days ago, $2900, first one of two. The procedure went well...I think. I got a lot more numbing than I expected, like 6 viles in each underarm. Dispute the numbing I felt burning on 2 of the zaps. My swelling was the worst the first two days, much better now after taking the prednisone. I have one severe bruise.

Now for my main concern. I still have numbness in both pits which is normal. However, the inside of my left arm from my pit through my bicept down to the inside of my forearm to my wrist...is still numb and has not gotten any better. I would greatly appreciate any information on what has happened to me and if/when it will get better.

My dermatologist told me it was not anything to worry about and they would call me next week, however they didn't really tell me what had happened detail.

Ryan you have me nervous ! I need to have this procedure but scared !! Its funny im covered in tattoo's but nervous about this lol Let me get this straight it cost 3000$ each procedure and you need 2 ?? And you insurance doesn't cover any right ?? What i really want to know was it worth it ?? I can't even sit on the computer without sweat rolling down my arms or stomach and forget going out lol I can't even put my shirt on until i get where im going because it would be covered in sweat !! I take three to 4 shirts everywhere i go !! So what im asking is did you sweat this much and how much did the procedure help ???????????????
Hi Ryan, I'm located in the Charlotte area also. I'm very interested in getting the procedure done, but I like to hear details from someone who already had the procedure done. Since it's only one doctor in the area who does the procedure, I'll probably go to same one. How is everything going? Thanks, Senica
I had my first done just two weeks ago today (Aug 30th), probably at the same place you had yours done in Charlotte. Afterwards, I was so nervous that I would call the office first before doing anything. (Yes, anything ... even using soap in that area while showering, whether I should use regular, clinical strength or my Doctor Rx deodorant; and wearing sleeveless shirts.) I know I've probably called the Emergency line no less than 5 times lol. For the first 3 to 4 days, I had lots of issues with the numbing and swelling. It was off the charts horrible. I was miserable!!! It was so bad that I had to call myself out of work for two days. My physician says numbing can last for up to 6 months past the 2nd treatment.
But, at this point and time I am back doing normal activities. No swelling ... no numbness... no pain except when I do extreme arm range of motion. Only irritating thing...visually it looks fine, but I am still VERY sore to touch.
Sorry, June 30th was my first not August 30th :)
ok so I am doing an overnight shift at my job...and I am very tired...two weeks ago... July 30 was my date... LOL
Hi Rita, I'm also in the Charlotte area and interested in getting the procedure. I probably will go to the same doctor as you and Ryan because he is the only one in this area who does the procedure. How is everything going? Thanks, Senica
It's actually a woman that is a physician's asst that did my first treatment. She works under the doctor that is in the office. Keep in mine, if we are talking of the same place in Charlotte, she is well into her second trimester, so she will be going on mommy leave in a few short months. So go ahead and get started, just in case no one else in the office will be doing the treatments until she gets back. :)

But, Everything is going well. I still have a very small amount of soreness under my left arm. It feels like a little nerve under there is still swollen-nothing serious. The best I can described it ... It feels (at first) like getting a fill in at the dentist... you feel something, but not really LOL The only time I really sweat is when I am out in all of this humid South Carolina weather (of say 100 degrees or more) for long periods of time. I feel wetness and sweat but not nearly as much as I used to-with no odor. But since I am only at my half way point, This is what I imagined.

I sort trick myself into thinking like this...
Someone owes you $100
The first treatment gives you 50 bucks and the second gives you the other 50. You don't have all of your money at once, but you do have some.
Does that make sense? after the first treatment, you are only at the 50% or half point of what you will overall be after the second one.

Though I am not quite sure what "normal" sweating is under my arms, but I have a feeling that because of Miradry, I am closer to figuring out my new "normal" everyday. :)

Added bonus for women-well in my case at least-no more underarm waxes for me!!! no more shaving for woman that go the route of razors!!!

I wish you lots of luck!!! Feel free to contact if you have any other questions or concerns.
And, I am not confided enough to where white and gray colored shirts (any solid colored shirts for that manner) yet, but I am working on it. :)
Hi Rita! Thanks for the info. It's so good to hear the experiences of someone who is local to the area. I'm so happy for you that you're finally experiencing " normal" sweating. I'm definitely going to get the procedure so I can experience the "normal"! :)
Ryan,
I have my 2nd procedure in about a week. The numbing in your arms I went through as well and it remained for close to 2 months. I thought I'd let you know as it was a little concerning for me as well. Good luck!
Thanks Chip!!

I'm glad to hear your swelling is going down. Hopefully you are noticing some decrease in the sweating as well.

I can understand why you would be concerned if you are feeling like something is "off". I posted your question in our Q&A section so we could hear the opinions of the board certified doctors who volunteer on RealSelf. It usually takes 24-48 hours for them to start posting. You can click on the link below to watch for answers with me. :)

How Do You Know if a Nerve Was Hit During the Miradry Procedure?

Please keep us posted on how you are doing & what goes on with this area.

great, thank you so much Megan!