Lipo Calves and Ankles - Charlotte, NC

I am scheduled for surgery in a few weeks.Its...

I am scheduled for surgery in a few weeks.Its really hard to find info on this procedure as its not a common problem for most.I unfortunately have lived with large ankles and calves all my life ugh....No shorts or skirts for me! I am so excited and nervous hoping this goes well and get the results I want.

day after

Its the day after my surgery and all in all feeling ok.They gave me some good painkiller.I have a burning sensation after I walk around.Took out 3.50lbs of fat!I havent seen them without my bandage yet but going to the Dr in a couple hours.I will keep updating!

day 4

Im still sore and swollen.I have been keeping my legs elevated and have my compression bandages on.I'm a little bruised and have a blue grayish tone all over my legs ,reminds me of a corpse lol.I'm walking slow and with a limp but progressing nicely.I feel great other than some soreness in my legs.I can tell my legs look smaller even with the swelling.Can't wait to see my actual results though.I know it's going to be awhile.

viewer beware lol

So it's day 6 and still feeling tired,swollen,sore and legs feel hard to the touch.I'm scheduled for my post op on mon.I'm really bruised bUT I can see a difference despite all these symptoms.I'm posting a few pics just to show how gross they look right now.

missed postoperative appt

Well had some transportation issues and couldn't make my appt.I'm going to try and get there next week.I drive a 6spd so a 3hr drive and pushing a clutch is impossible at this pointI feel pretty good overall.I am starting to see some swelling and bruising go down.I can see the shape taking place.I still have some hard uneven spots but was expecting it.My Dr also offers 3 deep tissue massages incuded in my price.It's suppose to help.It's a machine not a person,will break up scar tissue and even the skin.Now as far as walking my legs feel extremely tight like the muscle is scrunchin up inside and the mornings are worse.I guess because they have been in the same position for do long.I can walk but not comfortably.I have a job where I stand and move around quite abit.I wish I could have taken more time off.I would say 2wks if you stand or walk on your job.I'm gonna try to go tomorrow and make it.I still have some pain meds luckily.

2wks postop

I'm feeling human again yay!I still have a little soreness and still swollen.My legs and ankles still feel hard to the touch but they are smaller!I had fun trying on some boots and jeans that I couldn't fit my calves into before! I cannot bend my ankles back n forth all the way so some of my boots I still can't get on yet.I am so excited that I will no longer have to turn down invites to the lake with friends,weddings (unless I wore a maxi dress)and just fun things in general because I felt so embarrassed to show my legs.I think this Dr is totally worth his cost in surgery! You won't see him except for the consult and the surgery but all that doesn't matter to me if you do as perfect of a job that he did. I am extremely pleased with everything so far and it will only get better with time.

before and 2wks post

This isn't a very good before but you can see how big my calf is in this pic

1 month postop

The hardness and soreness are starting to fade away.My ankles still have a lot of swelling.There are a few little lumpy areas.You can't tell with leggings or hose on but noticable without.These spots are just swollen and will also go away in time.I still have some bruising but it's not bad.I have had really dry skin so I'm using lots of lotion.I'm very happy with my outcome.I still do not feel comfortable enough to show my bare legs though with the bruising and some lumpiness still visible.I am wearing leggings and hose though.

1 month post op pics

pis 1 month

better pic

It's hard to tell from my side view pics but the calves and ankles are taking shape nicely.

pic trying again

pic 2

pic2

pics

befores

front

trying to upload front pics

Sorry if its not showing up

pics

pic after

finally got pics uploaded

Everything is stil going well.I am softening up alot.Your skin will be very hard and tight after lipo.My ankles still have some hardness and swelling but all and all doing great.You can see by my pics what a difference it has made.Still have healing to do and bruises are not quite gone yet.There are still few lumpy spots but getting my massage teatments and its helped alot! I would say my measurements as of now are 2.25" down in my calves and probably 1" in ankles so far.
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon