Implants Removed, and Fat Transfer - Charlotte, NC

I had my implants removed and fat...

I had my implants removed and fat grafting/transfer to my breasts. I chose this procedure because I wanted to feel natural. I also wanted my implants out forever. I am 59 years old and had my first implants at age 24. I researched the fat graft/transfer procedure, and plastic surgeons for several months.

I am 5 weeks post surgery. I feel great, and look great too! I no longer have the round look of implants. Dr. Bedner was able to put the fat in the right places to give my a lovely feminine shape, including cleavage which I never had. Oh, then there is the side benefit of fat taken away from my stomach, saddlebags gone, thighs slimmer, and a cuter shape to my derrière. Oh my such a pleasing outcome!

Ok folks, can you tell how please this 59 year old patient is :) Yes I totally recommend this procedure, I must also say, CHOOSE YOUR DOCTOR WISELY!

I went bra shopping for the first time since...

I went bra shopping for the first time since surgery. Did not figure it out so bought none. Today tried on bras that I wore with implants... They fit! I was amazed that I look so much better and so natural that I also thought my size was smaller due to less projection. I am so soft and natural and still a c cup with out looking fake. I love this! Thank you Dr. Bednar. If I figure out how to add pictures I will. I might call Sylvia at office to help.

Fat transfer for breast augmentation, Love it! Update!

I am now 3 months post op., and I feel great! My breast have settled to a pretty B cup with a lovely shape, and cleavage. Perfect size for this 5'2" athletic frame, almost 60 year old body. The lipo Dr. B did gave me my premenopausal body back, even better actually! No more saddlebags, no big tummy, a shapely derrière , and a waist! So happy I did this!

Now almost 4 months.

Still very happy with results. Just upped my work out time doing Zumba. Used this sight to take photos, but not sure if it worked .

Yea!!! Photos up!

I added photos! Looks really good for someone my age ;)
Thank you Dr. Bednar!

overdue update

I am still so pleased with my decision to do implant removal, and lipo for fat grafting to the breasts. Some new folks need reassurance for whatever their decisions and I am here to support these ladies. I am adding new photos, and also want everyone to know that I am almost 60 years old. Age does not really matter in most things, but our body does age.

My new photos

rrrrr, having trouble doing this again. Will try again tomorrow!

fat transfer to breast with implant removal, 2 year check up!

Hi everyone! Well, I am almost at the 2 year mark so had a check up with Dr. Bednar. Everyone in the office still lovely as ever!
Now for my report! I am doing great and will share details. At time of surgery height 5'3", weight 140... a little heavy for my height. Surgery went well with 590cc transferred to each breast and fat placement to give me a very pretty shape. And , yes the most painful part was healing from the lipo but that also went very well. I had hoped for a moderate B cup for long term.
So two years later: age: almost 60, weight 118,( 22 lb weight loss), and 5'3". My breast fat is still great. I retained about 70% of fat, and wear a nice B cup. Breasts are soft, natural, and a very pretty shape. I just love it!!! My lipo scars are hard to find. The nurse that was doing photos for the office had to search for them!
I wish I could figure out how to post new photos, but technology foils me! I gave permission for Dr. Bednar's office to publish photos of me. I am also open to any questions, and of course I want to support everyone and their choices as they decide what is right for them.
My decision to do this was a great gift to myself, and I remain very happy I did it!
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

The time I spent doing research was invaluable in helping me make the right decision. I chose Dr. Bednar in Charlotte, NC. Dr. Bednar has done this procedure hundreds of times, and has continued training and education in this procedure with Dr. Khoori from the U of Miami, Fl. I found Dr. Bednar while researching this procedure. Another benefit of choosing Dr. Bednar was his delightful, AND informed staff. In the front office was Sylvia. She was so well informed, friendly, and always open to many,many questions including more questions the night before my surgery. All the nurses were wonderful, and the anesthesia nurse just fabulous, and so reassuring and informative.