In Love with my NEW Girls. Said Goodbye to Thelma & Louise Aug 20th, 2012

Hello Everyone!!!...I have been reading all the...

Hello Everyone!!!...I have been reading all the comments before and after my surgery and I have to say to everyone that your comments and photos have reallyyyy helped. Because of all the info I found here I went to my PS's office on my pre-op with a long list of questions... but you guys have helped me TREMENDOUSLY. THANK YOU.
I have wanted to do this reduction since teenage yrs. Finally did it on 8/20/12. No insurance because I am 52 and wanted it done like NOW. Waited long enough and did NOT want to wait for insurance approval etc.

Surgery was 10 am 8/20/12... got home at around 3pm and don't even recall the ride home. I have somewhat of a high tolerance for pain and so I did not take any of the pain meds or any OTC. My husband had already prepared his man cave for me... so when I got home I was placed in his recliner with everything one could possibly need. He then prepared the air mattress so he could be in the room with me at all times. It has now been over three weeks and we are both still in his man cave with him on the air mattress.

I am healing perfectly I think. I am just STILL very sensitive/tender/takes a min or so to straighten up after I get up from sitting/laying for any long period of time. I still wear the surgical bra because whenever I go without it and wear a sports bra I end up having little pains here and there.

I am also feeling these really sharp cram pings here and there (nipples/breast). My nipples are EXTREMELY sensitive so even today I cannot let anything touch them. So I wear a gauze pad inside the bra at all times. Still need help putting on that bra. I feel that whenever I shower I get little cramping at the incision areas under the breast... I guess when they get wet/damp. I try not to push it by bending all the way down to do my toes/feet etc.

I went from a G to what seems to be maybe a C. My next visit is on Tues 9/18 so I will get measurements then.
Did anyone still have sharp cramps and overly sensitivity to their nipples even at this time? almost a month. I had the Lollipop cut.
Also wanted to ask how long does the pouch under the arm/sides of breast where they did the lipo.... How long does that take to go away? or does it?

Hello Everyone.... I'm now 1 month Post Op......

Hello Everyone.... I'm now 1 month Post Op... feeling great.. back to work. By Friday I was feeling some pain on left side of breast/under arm jowls... could not put my arm down completely.. so I guess it may have been from the week of driving/train rides/walking etc.. so I will be resting a bit this weekend.
I have tried to reply to all the comments several times and it never seems to get carried over to this page... not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Iowa71...Thanks!!!!.... can you explain "zingers" for me? are those the sharp pains/cramps in the breasts as they heal/reconnect?... any how long did it take for those swollen/painfull jowls/under the arm to go away for you? I am going on a cruise/vacation 10/7 and so Dr said by then I can lift my carry-on but she wants me to ask someone on the plane to lift it up into the overhead. I just hope by then I will be able to wear regular bra.

Symone75.....Hi,Thank you. My right nipple is settling down some. Still waiting for everything to be a bit more relaxed as you mentioned.

Kimberly216... Hello... You will be sooo happy. I am very happy I did it. I just can't even find the words the explain how happy I really am. My clothing fits sooooo much better. Even jewelry that would sit ON TOP of my chest now just lays flat the way they are supposed to be.,,, and not to mention how my new tops fits perfectly. I LOVE IT. Best of Luck/Wishes. You Will Be Great!!!!

Alicia.... Thank you and you're welcome : )

natalierw.....Thanks!!!!

strummer12.... Hi..How are you doing? What size were you expecting? A/B or C? Are you coming along ok?

Two (2) Yrs Post Op from BR .... and now thinking of TT around springtime 2015

Hello RealSelf family!!!!..... It's been a while. I am now about 2yrs post op from my breast reduction. I must say I have noticed I have gotten larger since. I'd say I was a real "C" after surgery, and now I'll say I'm a large C. Those things under my arm pits/dog ears/whatever they are called are still there. Strangely enough I don't recall them being there until after the lipo.
My fear is that I've read where a couple people say they've increased in size and go back to their original size after gaining weight and/or going thru menopause. I did gain about 10lbs and now losing again, but I am also going thru menopause right now so I can only HOPE & PRAY it doesn't all come back.
If anyone has experienced this, I would really love to get some feedback.
I will also take some new updated photos to share. I must say I am still quite happy with my size. I'd say right now I'm about a large C to small D. Depending on the bra I'm wearing also. But I will get some new photos soon. Thanks everyone. Happy Holidays... Mrs J.

Almost TWO (2) Yrs.. 23 Mnths Post Op.... BR... and STILL NO BRA!!!! YEAHHHHH!!!!!

They are now a large C but I LOVE THEM. I am Hoping and Praying they do not go back to their original size. I am now losing weight and plan on NOT gaining so hopefully menopause doesn't take me back to where I came from. But right now I am STILL happy.
Thanks RealSelf family!!!
: )
Dr Kara Criswell

Wouldn't trade her in for any other PS. I plan on having TT in approx 6 months, and will definitely return to Dr Criswell in Ballantyne, and Charlotte, NC.