Capsular Contracture Again After Capsulectomy - Charlotte, NC

My original implant date was 2/15/12 as part of a...

My original implant date was 2/15/12 as part of a Mommy Makeover you can read that review as well. I developed a CC around 4 months PO. I did a capsulectomy on 2/18/12 where we used the same implant after removing the capsule. At around 6 weeks later approximately 3/21/13 I developed a CC. This time it happened sooo fast. One day it wasn't there and the next it was in FULL effect!!! I had no time to react. I immediately began taking vitamin e and accolate and aggressive massage and still nothing happened. It continued to develop rapidly. My PS discontinued the accolate and recommended another capsulectomy w/Strattice or another ADM.

So here I am scheduled for 5/15/13 to hopefully get this over with once and for all. This time with Strattice or Alloderm and a new implant! My original PS will be performing the surgery for the 3rd time. I am so grateful he hasn't left my side thru all of these complications I have experienced.

The explant thing is not really an option for me personally as I have waited too long to have boobies and not sure what will happen after I remove them. I think I maybe worse off. Besides I have went thru too much to get them...both time AND $ therefore...I'm KEEPING them! : )

Only other option is Strattice or Alloderm w/capsulectomy or another capsulectomy with trying a new implant. And still it can develop again so maybe I will give it the best shot now with Strattice or Alloderm.

I heard that grafting is an option as well. I wonder how that compares to using Alloderm or Strattice? Hmmm still more research to do. I asked doctor about that and he said it wasn't a good option for me.

Has anyone used Strattice or Alloderm after having a CC? I am wondering which I should go with? Basically Pig or Human? That's the main difference between the two. I just want this chapter in the book to be closed so I can get back to enjoying my new boobies! Summer is almost here.

So I was supposed to have surgery today but I...

So I was supposed to have surgery today but I pushed it back until next week on Friday. I have to make a final decision so I needed more time. Here are my 2 options:
Doc said you have two options
1. Less invasive- take out capsule by doing a complete capsulectomy (again) but this time put in a brand new implant this time and also with the Alloderm/Strattice.

God forbid it comes back but if it does our last and final resort will be option 2.

Option 2- do a complete redo and place brand new implants under muscle with the Alloderm/Strattice on both sides. This option offers the best option of it not to recur but its more invasive because it involves both breasts and its more money. This alloderm is 2-3k per sheet plus an extra implant.

So now I need to decide what route to take. Should I start with least invasive and keep my subfascial position and repair the affected breast or go for the gusto and do a complete redo (option 2) and change the position to under the muscle with alloderm/Strattice.

One good thing is that I hear that under the muscle has better mammo readings but the reason I went subfacial is because I was afraid of the distortion since I'm in the fitness field. But my friends that have unders say it's not that bad.

Lots to think about. This is very overwhelming but I want it fixed so I can go back to enjoying them. It's been a year and I've had a capsule almost the entire time. But when they were soft I LOVED them.

I'm excited to hear if anyone else had a capsule and how they treated it.

Capsular Contracture Revision

On Friday I had my revision story to remove the capsule. This time around its much more painful. I have a drain placed in my boob due to Strattice being put in. I also have two parachute stitches outside of my skin. Doc said this was to hold Strattice in place. Well I'm happy this is over! Agree with me that this resolved this CC once and for all.

So far so good. Just feeling a little drugged up be side of the pain and pressure. Will update with pics as soon as I can. I'm pretty sure it's nothing pretty looking under here drains and all. I'll update again after my followup appointment.

Breast Revision using Strattice for Capsular Contractute

5 days post op. I decided to do the least invasive procedure and that is a capsulectomy and Strattice. Pain has been much worse this go round. I attribute it to the drain and the Strattice due to the external stitches to hold it up.
This drain is a pain but I'm working with it. I can't wait to get past this part ; (
Once the drain comes out I think I'll feel soo much better.
The first few days I just slept and popped pain pills because it was necessary. I am now just as needed.
My post op appt was yesterday...good report. I hope drain will come out tomorrow at my next post op but it's still draining a little at this point. Fingers crossed its coming out soon its a yucky feeling this drain hurts!
Each time I get tired I say "save the tatas" wow at times I can't believe I am going they all this but I have to save the tatas.

Still soft

So far so great! Still soft. The Strattice is working to keep me soft.

Different but much better

Around 2 weeks ago I went in to see my PS because I felt hardness in my revised breast. It wasn't the same hardness I'd grown used to from dealing with the other cc's but just felt different not as soft.
He examined me and said it has formed a capsule and it's not contracted. At first my heart sank as I heard capsule but a capsule is a natural part of the healing process. That was great news I was told to continue massage and watch it. That was 2 weeks ago and it's fine. To me it looks different than the other. I think my pocket has widened due to two capsulectomies so that's a bummer. I can tell but I don't really think others can. Just a part of the process I guess. That last one was very hard and distorted for so long it did damage I think. One day I wll redo them both under. I need more coverage. I had minimal skin to deal with initially it's even less now after the two capsulectomies so I can feel the implant under my skin and see them a little when I bend over. Maybe I'll get used to it. Ill add a picture later.

CC

So far no CC! However i am noticing a difference between the 2 breasts.
1. Its over to the right more
2. It fills like a ballon
3. It ripples
4. No feeling in my nipple
5. Nipple points down still

Doc said 1-3 is because each time you have a cc when it gets scraped out leaves less tissue. Since i didnt have much tissue to begin with then its now nothing left to cover the implant. I wish i would have known this was a posdibility because I would have waited an opted for under for sure. Its what i wanted but was a lot more $ and more invasive but perhaps this info would have swayed me to other side for sure. I also have 3 more scars that i didnt have before because of using the strattice. : (
He said he can reposition my niple again to bring it up. Not sure if that will help with the last of feeling.

I will also ask at my bext appt if he can do sonething to enciurage it to get closer more centered so my clevage wont look weird. Also if there is a way to cover up the rippling with body fat?
Still not happy with the way things are looking. The left side is petfect. The cc really did a number on this let one. I am wondering if i should go ahead and get them under now? The ripplong scream fake and ugly and i hate looking at it myself. When i lay down flat it falls to the right and ripples. But all in all its CC free.

Hey girl! How are you doing?? Checkin on you!
Hey Scrappy!!! How are you? Im doing well. Im CC free. I will jave to have another revision though because because of the 2 scrapes i dont have enough tissue to cover the implant. All is good! How are you? Do you have a date yet?
I might be going for it Dec. 21st. I'll make my decision tomorrow. Glad all is still well with you, gives me hope!
How much did that surgery cost you?
Thanks for sharing your review.I will have had my drains in 15 days by next Tues and have more pain then I ever anticipated. I'm shocked at the shape of my breast and nipple location but have assured that will all change.
Newmeaug13 did you have a cc too? The shape of my cc breast is odd. Im gonna have to get another revision. It will be right!!! I wont give up til i get what i want!!
Hey FitDiva, I thought I should ask about your recovery while it is still fresh in your mind. What did you feel that you were capable of after 10 days post op? Did you still tire easily? I am trying to figure out what I'll feel like after 10 days after surgery.
Hey scrappy. You have a date yet? 10 days po was hard for me. The drains were a b$*^h. The scars I got from holding up the Strattice were unexpected and a nuisance. It got caught on everything and hurt like hell. It was definitely harder than the initial surgery or my last cc revision capsulectomy. But all in all bearable and worth it since its working. Last time my cc came back in like 5 or 6 weeks. Now I think about 11 weeks. I'm a happy camper.
I am SOOOO happy to hear that it is working for you!! No date for me yet. I am debating about end of year or early next year. I am thinking about vacation time and if work will be slow. What do you mean you got scars from holding up the strattice? I am trying to picture it. One of your updates says you had EXTERNAL stitches. Did I read that right?? Why aren't they on the inside?
FitDiva, I'd be interested in seeing pics if you dont mind sharing. I had to go back and reread your previous updates and I saw the post about the parachute stitches. That must be what you were talking about. I was thinking a whole row like Frankenstein or something. Lol. You say it looks different than the other? Is it the shape of the bottom?
Yes girl you can see pics I hope I have some of the stitches I'm sure I do ; ) they were a pain. It was only 2 one on each side. Hard to explain a pic will be best to show you. It was kinda like suspenders to hold the Strattice. And yes it's the shape all over and the feel too especially the feel at the bottom it's like I can feel it. But it's SOFT!!!!!! So I'm happy!!
Another gal was telling me that some girls who got strattice had a different shape to the boob so I am really interested in seeing what that looks like. That was news to me, I had no idea. And I had no idea you could feel it. I am so glad you got the same procedure to help me know what to expect. And yes, I would say it probably is all worth it to be free of CC and save the Tata's! Lol. I'll message you my email if you are sure you dont mind sharing pics. I really appreciate it!
Hey FitDiva, I'm coming to check on you! It's been about 6 weeks post op now, right? How are you doing? The last time your CC came back by this time. I imagine your drain is out now and you are getting back to normal life. I would love to hear how you are doing---both emotionally and physically. I hope all is well!  Hugs!
Hey Scrappy! Thank you for checking on me. I am doing well girl! Still soft although not as soft as the left but hoping that will change. I don't go back to see doctor until next month. Massaging like crazy and hoping it stays away! No urges to oink either!!!
Hey FitDiva! I just saw your post on Z's review and I thought I'd come over here to check on you! Glad to hear you went with the Strattice this go around. They say chances of recurrence are less than 1% now...those are GREAT odds! Please keep us updated as I will be following in your footsteps before long. Hopefully by the end of the year. I gotta ask....have you had any uncontrollable urges to snort like a pig?? Hahaha! Sorry! Tasteless joke! I had to say something since I remember you were concerned about pigskin vs. human skin. I think you are better off with the Strattice as it prob. works the same but is cheaper. BTW- What happened to your pics? I don't see any up there. I'll chk to see if they are in a diff. review of yours. Wishing you the best!
..I just saw your post that you removed the pics. =( Aw well!As long as yoru doing good, that is what is important. =)
Hey Subsita! How are you doing? Still soft? Mine is so far so good! Happy:)
Hey!!! I'm good! So far so good girl!!! Praying it stays that way!!! Soft and nice. ; ) Glad you are doing well too. Once I get past the 8 week mark ill feel even better.
Hey girl! I hear ya on the drains. I HATED them. They hurt if anything pulled on them and even made it hard to lay on my side when sleeping. Keeping my fingers crossed you will be forever cc free.
Thank you me too!! I pray it doesn't come back it's been an interesting journey! So far so good!!! Last resort is both under muscle after this. I pray I don't have to do anymore surgeries tho I've been thru alot but save that tattas!!
Hi. I am glad That you finally got your revision and wish u all the best.sad part is that no matter what we do there is not a guarantee for us, they should come with at least a 10 yr guarantee of ps do over and implant charge included with all our fees free of charge as we are the ones paying with our bodies and minds just for being women in this society. Again good luck and enjoy
Thanks country girl yes it's been a long road but I am hoping this is the last time.
I had capsule contracture on both at my first BA and had removed with replacement of same implant on one side because other had ruptured, nothing put in as didn't even know of strattice then or other things. They were fine except for scar tissue problems on left and distortion so that brought me into entire different problem. I think if you feel comfortable as can be with your first gut feeling thought then go with it because it is such a tuff road. Wishing you all the best.
I just read your last post, you postponed yours. I will keep you updated about fat grafting . I just peeked at the 'girls', sitting nice and high. He tucked it up with an internal stitches ( both) and injected the fat around, especially on the top and bottom. Not the sides, as I don't want more side boobs. I'm in a lot of pain , as he had to look for fat from here and there. My waist is so tiny I love it. No flanks. Funny, I always wanted the natural little droopy look and now want a bit higher fake look. It's that crazy??
Hey Subsista!!!I had my revision yesterday. Capsule out, using same implant. Did a lipo on me and grafted aroun implant and did a mini tuck lift. I have to say I'm in pain but mostly from my flank , inner outer thigh lipo. He could hardly get 150cc off of me. But funny, I can already see that I have no love handles anymore . Boobs all tucked in bandages , so I can't see how it looks only that the one with a capsular is soft again. But full of bruise from fat injection and nice and high. Please update on yours , as you had it today! Good luck