Capsular Contracture Again After Capsulectomy - Charlotte, NC

My original implant date was 2/15/12 as part of a...

My original implant date was 2/15/12 as part of a Mommy Makeover you can read that review as well. I developed a CC around 4 months PO. I did a capsulectomy on 2/18/12 where we used the same implant after removing the capsule. At around 6 weeks later approximately 3/21/13 I developed a CC. This time it happened sooo fast. One day it wasn't there and the next it was in FULL effect!!! I had no time to react. I immediately began taking vitamin e and accolate and aggressive massage and still nothing happened. It continued to develop rapidly. My PS discontinued the accolate and recommended another capsulectomy w/Strattice or another ADM.

So here I am scheduled for 5/15/13 to hopefully get this over with once and for all. This time with Strattice or Alloderm and a new implant! My original PS will be performing the surgery for the 3rd time. I am so grateful he hasn't left my side thru all of these complications I have experienced.

The explant thing is not really an option for me personally as I have waited too long to have boobies and not sure what will happen after I remove them. I think I maybe worse off. Besides I have went thru too much to get them...both time AND $ therefore...I'm KEEPING them! : )

Only other option is Strattice or Alloderm w/capsulectomy or another capsulectomy with trying a new implant. And still it can develop again so maybe I will give it the best shot now with Strattice or Alloderm.

I heard that grafting is an option as well. I wonder how that compares to using Alloderm or Strattice? Hmmm still more research to do. I asked doctor about that and he said it wasn't a good option for me.

Has anyone used Strattice or Alloderm after having a CC? I am wondering which I should go with? Basically Pig or Human? That's the main difference between the two. I just want this chapter in the book to be closed so I can get back to enjoying my new boobies! Summer is almost here.

So I was supposed to have surgery today but I...

So I was supposed to have surgery today but I pushed it back until next week on Friday. I have to make a final decision so I needed more time. Here are my 2 options:
Doc said you have two options
1. Less invasive- take out capsule by doing a complete capsulectomy (again) but this time put in a brand new implant this time and also with the Alloderm/Strattice.

God forbid it comes back but if it does our last and final resort will be option 2.

Option 2- do a complete redo and place brand new implants under muscle with the Alloderm/Strattice on both sides. This option offers the best option of it not to recur but its more invasive because it involves both breasts and its more money. This alloderm is 2-3k per sheet plus an extra implant.

So now I need to decide what route to take. Should I start with least invasive and keep my subfascial position and repair the affected breast or go for the gusto and do a complete redo (option 2) and change the position to under the muscle with alloderm/Strattice.

One good thing is that I hear that under the muscle has better mammo readings but the reason I went subfacial is because I was afraid of the distortion since I'm in the fitness field. But my friends that have unders say it's not that bad.

Lots to think about. This is very overwhelming but I want it fixed so I can go back to enjoying them. It's been a year and I've had a capsule almost the entire time. But when they were soft I LOVED them.

I'm excited to hear if anyone else had a capsule and how they treated it.

Capsular Contracture Revision

On Friday I had my revision story to remove the capsule. This time around its much more painful. I have a drain placed in my boob due to Strattice being put in. I also have two parachute stitches outside of my skin. Doc said this was to hold Strattice in place. Well I'm happy this is over! Agree with me that this resolved this CC once and for all.

So far so good. Just feeling a little drugged up be side of the pain and pressure. Will update with pics as soon as I can. I'm pretty sure it's nothing pretty looking under here drains and all. I'll update again after my followup appointment.

Breast Revision using Strattice for Capsular Contractute

5 days post op. I decided to do the least invasive procedure and that is a capsulectomy and Strattice. Pain has been much worse this go round. I attribute it to the drain and the Strattice due to the external stitches to hold it up.
This drain is a pain but I'm working with it. I can't wait to get past this part ; (
Once the drain comes out I think I'll feel soo much better.
The first few days I just slept and popped pain pills because it was necessary. I am now just as needed.
My post op appt was yesterday...good report. I hope drain will come out tomorrow at my next post op but it's still draining a little at this point. Fingers crossed its coming out soon its a yucky feeling this drain hurts!
Each time I get tired I say "save the tatas" wow at times I can't believe I am going they all this but I have to save the tatas.

Still soft

So far so great! Still soft. The Strattice is working to keep me soft.

Different but much better

Around 2 weeks ago I went in to see my PS because I felt hardness in my revised breast. It wasn't the same hardness I'd grown used to from dealing with the other cc's but just felt different not as soft.
He examined me and said it has formed a capsule and it's not contracted. At first my heart sank as I heard capsule but a capsule is a natural part of the healing process. That was great news I was told to continue massage and watch it. That was 2 weeks ago and it's fine. To me it looks different than the other. I think my pocket has widened due to two capsulectomies so that's a bummer. I can tell but I don't really think others can. Just a part of the process I guess. That last one was very hard and distorted for so long it did damage I think. One day I wll redo them both under. I need more coverage. I had minimal skin to deal with initially it's even less now after the two capsulectomies so I can feel the implant under my skin and see them a little when I bend over. Maybe I'll get used to it. Ill add a picture later.

CC

So far no CC! However i am noticing a difference between the 2 breasts.
1. Its over to the right more
2. It fills like a ballon
3. It ripples
4. No feeling in my nipple
5. Nipple points down still

Doc said 1-3 is because each time you have a cc when it gets scraped out leaves less tissue. Since i didnt have much tissue to begin with then its now nothing left to cover the implant. I wish i would have known this was a posdibility because I would have waited an opted for under for sure. Its what i wanted but was a lot more $ and more invasive but perhaps this info would have swayed me to other side for sure. I also have 3 more scars that i didnt have before because of using the strattice. : (
He said he can reposition my niple again to bring it up. Not sure if that will help with the last of feeling.

I will also ask at my bext appt if he can do sonething to enciurage it to get closer more centered so my clevage wont look weird. Also if there is a way to cover up the rippling with body fat?
Still not happy with the way things are looking. The left side is petfect. The cc really did a number on this let one. I am wondering if i should go ahead and get them under now? The ripplong scream fake and ugly and i hate looking at it myself. When i lay down flat it falls to the right and ripples. But all in all its CC free.

Another capsular contracture

Wow this was a second one. So now I went for the full overhaul of redoing it all over again and placing them under the muscle.

3 days PO Implant exchange 510cc Gummy Bears Under from subfascial

In pain today although its lesseninh as the days go on. Day 1 and day 2 hurt like hell!!!! I was told i woke up from anestethia moaning and groaning in pain. I kept begging for medicine. Im usially pretty good about tolerating pain but this threw me for a loop. If i let the pain meds wear off... without staying on top of them I would be screaming in pain w/tears and that says a lot for me! I wS having trouble sleeping and my husband didst want to wake me for my meds...i woke up in pain and wanted to hurt him for not waking me up. Every since then i was in charge of administering my own meds.
Well i am hurting now so I'm about to pop a pill now.
I am so worried about the way they are looking now. I am not used to the under the muscle thing. The shape is weird and it looks smashed and small. I told him i wanted bigger but these seem small. I hope they are in fact bigger. We will see. Maybe this shape is normal for po day 3 unders. Im gonna look at some more reviews.

5 days po

So annoyed! I just typed a long review and it didnt save. ???? i went to take a picture and my whole post was gone ????. Omg i am so annoyed. It took me 30 minutes to type all that??? Ok i must turn in now.

6 Days PO Pics BA redo

Everything went well at my po appt today. I am still not sure how this size thing will workout.
I am not able to do much I'm still in a lot of pain on my right side which is really swollen and high.
All i can think is going under the muscle is no joke. I miss my subfascial position because i got instant gratification and it was no where near this painful.
Im beginning to wonder why I tortured myself with this st the beginning of summer. They way these puppies look they might still be high and crazy looking in 6 months. I may have to spend the summer hiding them. I thought i couldn't wear a triangle bikini top then now is a triple no no. I def look like i just got fake boobs. I so wasn't expecting this!
Im wondering if its anything i can do to help them drop. What is it about this "strap" I'm hearing about. Will that help? Is there anything that can help me assist these things to drop?
My right is much more swollen than my left which is my only source of pain. I think ill try to sleep on my side in my bed tonight.
I got to see them today without the tape and planned on posting a pic I took there but its too dreadful to show now. He ended up giving me another lift and stitches puckering etc is not pretty.
If anyone has any suggestions for reducing swelling or helping them to drop please advise! ????

8 days PO

Finally starting to feel better! And after seeing everything with bandages off I think my size will be sufficient.
This sloshing sound in my right breast bothers me a bit. Its not in my left. I can already see the left dropping and looking better. My right again is taking longer maybe because its been thru 4 surgeries. Right now they look different but I hope they even out and I can live happily ever after.
I go back again in 7 days. Will post pics then. He will be removing the tapes off my areola area. I had to get another lift and areola reduction as the CC changed my areaola size.

BA Revision for CC 9 days PO pic much better now

Wow the post surgery blues are real. I am feeling so much better now. Only thing is that my stomach is still quite bloated! Im used to having a six pack at least a 2 pack ???? and the surgery has left me quite bloated still. Hoping that goes away soon!
Here is a pic! Things looking and feeling much better!

Ouch- 13 days PO - Fluid Build up in left breast pocket

Wow all I can say is listen to your body. I have been saying that the liquid sound in my left breast didn't sound right. After calling my PS after hours on Friday he said he wanted to see me on Monday. I was traveling and couldn't get there until 1st thing today. Well he confirmed that I had an unnecessary accumulation of fluids. So he numbed me up and stuck a needle in my boob and drained out over 110cc's of fluid!!!!
Even though he sealed that other pocket off my body was accommodating for the extra space it found. Im guessing after 4 surgeries over there that makes it harder.
Super glad I listened to my inner voice on this one.
Now that the fluid is drained I have to wear a super duper compression bra with foam. I go back in 2 days for a follow up to see next steps.

No more fluid!

I am seroma free! Today is my first day without a compression bra and foam. For the past almost 2 weeks I have had to wear 24/7 compression and I was getting numbed and drained daily minus the weekends.
My back is sooo happy. When I finally took off that bra it looked as though it was painted on me the indentations were soo deep!
Now I am in a regular bra and I couldn't be happier! My rightie is trying to drop now and even out with the left side.
I feel great!!! I will post pics in 2 days at my 4 week mark! I still have tapes on but these puppies are looking amazing!! Time to celebrate being compression free!!!

Almost 5 weeks po PIC's included!!

Still keeping the tapes on to minimize the scarring. Im awaiting my lollipop silicone strips to arrive so I can start wearing those. They are soooo expensive but work great. I used these on my TT incision and its healing nicely finally! : )

So my rightie is still higher than the left. Left looks completely settled and happy! The right is dropping slowly but surely. I ended up having to go back to compression after my last post. I was traveling and I thought i saw fluid so PS said do it until I can get back in to see him. So I went in for a check up today no fluid so all is good!!!
Still taking it easy tho. I got to see my boobies with the tape off today.
I am happy with the size. I have posted a pic from today. Since I got revision on my lift my boobies are usually taped so it was nice to see them today.
I will post my pre BA pic soon...when I look at that I will say all this is still worth it even after all my revisions and the complications I've had.