Fat Transfer to Breast - Charlotte, NC

I am 2 weeks pre op and will be getting fat...

I am 2 weeks pre op and will be getting fat transferred from abdomen/flanks to breasts. I am 28 years old, 5'5", 130 pounds, size 34AA breasts. I previously had 350cc implants removed. Breasts are loose but don't sag so I am hoping there will already be enough room for the new fat. My main concern is some internal scarring from the removal that has left my breast indented but I chose this much more expensive procedure because I thought if I already have to have surgery I might as well get the benefit of lipo and fuller breasts. I had a full A almost B cup before implants and lost shape and fullness from it so I want a more normal looking shape back.
As soon as i have some after photos I will show my before pics also.

1 day post op

So I had surgery yesterday. Everyone has been absolutely wonderful and has made this surgery so much easier. Without them this would have been a nightmare. Surgery was 8 am and I had to be an hour earlier. The nurse who put in my IV talked a lot and sat with me to keep me distracted as I had a bad experience last time I had an IV put in (I went into shock). I didn't get sick this time thanks to her. Surgery went well and doctor Bednar ended up lipoing my thighs as well. I didn't want to get them done but he said my midsection wouldn't be enough fat. I am worried about not having my nice big thighs but he insisted they will still look good and I won't even really notice. So I will update on that when I see the final results. At this point I do trust him as he seems very honest and confident in his work. So, I might just love my thighs when they are healed.
When I woke up I was in excruciating pain. It hurt as much as labor contraction. It made me cry and I didn't even cry while in contractions. As soon as i ate a few crackers I was given pain pills and was in pain only about 15 minutes so it was ok. I must say though it could have just been me becuase I do get allergic reactions from cold and vibration which is a rare condition and I think that might of been why I was in so much pain. So please don't let my experience influence you. My previous surgeries of implants then explant six year later both were painless and this time my breast are fine with no pain just swollen and hot. So it's my thighs that hurt and my sensitivity to vibrations could have just agitated the situation.
The nurse stayed with me the fist 24 hours in my hotel and was an absolute must. I thought I wasn't going to need it but I would have died without her. She was a lifesaver. I also had bought a go girl so I can stand up and pee. It is a must. With the pain pills my legs never hurt again except the two times I tried to sit to pee and it hurt for the rest of the day. Also the surgery made me feel numb and so I couldn't push to pee while sitting.
So far I've been too sleepy to do any reading and have just been relaxing.
If you are trying to decide between the holiday Inn and the hyatt house to stay, definitely do the hyatt house. I stayed my first night at the Holiday Inn and the bed was hard and the hallway was so noisy. It was still really nice but they are about the same price and the Hyatt is a big upgrade. Not Hyatt place which is next door to the Hyatt House.
I have to keep my garment on for three days so I will post more pics then. I am so swollen anyways that the fist pics are going to be way off. My whole body is swollem, face, hands, neck, everywhere.

day two with garment

I posted a pic of day 2. You can't really capture it in a picture but my entire body is swollen not just the places that were worked on. Also the ace bandage has caused welts right at the edge of where the bad age rubs on my skin. I hope this welts won't affect the results. I didn't see anyone else mention it, did you other ladies get swollen everywhere or experience welts from the ace bandage?

day 3

I am feeling a lot better. I was worried about being alone but I am not in as much pain and feel good on my own to just relax. The first two days I was taking 2 pain pills every 4 hours but I have cut back today to only 1 every 4 hours. Tomorrow I am going to try 1 every 5 hours. I haven't had a bowel movement and read that it's because of the pills. If anyone can tell me how many pain pills they took and how their bowel movements progressed I would be greatfull.

sizes

I just got the amounts from the Doctor.
350cc taken from each thigh
1650cc taken from stomach/flanks area
Total removed 2 350cc
Then each breast got 565cc
I am finally starting to get excited and can't wait to see the results when swelling has gone.

photos before lipo and fat transfer

These pics are not the best but I might put some better ones up when I'm farther along.

day 3 after shower

I'm swollen everywhere even my hands so you can't see the lipo yet

day 7

Breast look almost the same but the shape does look normal after letting them loose without a bandage.
The garment feels like it's way too tight and cutting off the circulation to one of my legs. My waist pre op was 33 inches and right now it's 34 inches. So I'm hoping the breast have a lot of swelling and won't stay this large. I have been feeling out about the size. They are bigger than some of the victorias secret size D cups that I have from when I had implants in. Even if they go down 50% I am afraid they will still be too big.
One nipple is looking great so far but the other one seems to be inverted....but this might go away after the swelling goes. I have been walking around fine as long as I take my pain pill every 4 hours.

Not doing so great today

I've been feeling horrible about the size of my breast. I don't think you guys can really see in the pictures how big they are compared to my whole body because I need a picture with more distance. They are. Bigger than I am! I feel like I made a huge mistake and if I am going to end up with size D or C I just rather not even have breasts. I've been so depressed about it and don't know what to do. I keep looking at all the others pictures to see how much you all shrank to get some hope that i will get significantly smaller but the shrinking seems minimal as far as I can see.

Doing better

So I was freaking out earlier about the size. I got a chance to speak to the doctor and he reminded me that since I had a bunch of scaring that he had to release that I was swollen more than his average patient. So I will be going down more to the size I want. I am just going to relax and not worry about it until I fully recover. I think this is a good reminder that everyone's situation is different so too much weight on comparison can Be misleading.

10th day pics of lipo areas

I apologize that the pics don't show the bruises better. It's hard to take pics without help.

pics today, 15 days out

15 days out and still swollen. I don't see any improvements since day one. The only difference is that I'm not in as much pain. Now I am in pain when something touches me or if I sit up to fast.

Tomorrow will be four weeks post op

The needle marks on breast and their size hasn't changed so I'm waiting to take pics. The bruising has gone significantly but still some there and slight pain when I touch certain spots it's not bothersome at all.
The breast are not doing well and are still size double DD. The wound on the left nipple started leaking lots of fluid starring 8 days ago. 2 of the days it leaked a half a cup or so and yesterday I leaked at least a cup. That is when I change the gauze. The rest of the time I keep the wrapped tightly down with an ace bandage. I see the doctor for a follow up in a week. I feel like I am in a nightmare but I'm hoping since the rest of my body is almost healed, hopefully my breast will start to heal more quickly.

5 wks and 2 days out

I just wanted to show you guys some new pics. Since my last update both breast have become different shapes and sizes from each other. First the left one was larger by a whole size but now it has gone down a little and changed shape. And now the right is bigger. The right is fuller all around but especially below the nipple while the left is not as full on bottom but still full on top.

pics

Pics

also

I forgot to say the wrinkles on the skin of left breast are from the bandage so disregard those. And the lighting was bright so you can't see them as well but they are still exactly the same as the previous update.

2 months pics

Quick update......my main concern at this point is the size difference between the breasts. I just wish I had normal looking boobs already.

Before pic

Pic before surgery

lipo scars at 10 weeks

Just giving a quick update on some lipo scars. It looks worse in person but I think they are starting to fade a little.

3 months and a week out

I posted a few pics but I think there is still going to be lots of improvement. The dark dots below the nipple are scabby and just haven't com off yet and so I think this spots are going to look much better in a few months. I almost want to scratch them off. I sat he'd at one and it wasn't ready. I rub hard to towel dry after a shower every day in hopes to move it along. Also you can see how the lipo looks smooth in one pic and in the other the right side is lumpy from a different angle. I'm hoping that will smooth out in the next few months.

pics 3 months post

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

I will give a more comprehensive review after surgery and recovery but so far the doctor and staff has shown integrity and professionalism.

Hi Sao. Are you happier with your results now? Do you have any recent photos? Hope you're doing well..
Sao, did things ever get resolved?
How are your Sao? It's been a while since your last update. I hope all is going well.
hi, any updates, sao?
Thanks for your review Sao. I'm having this procedure done with Dr. Bednar July 22nd (as well as having implants removed). I'm hoping to end up a small C cup when all is said and done. Did Dr. Bednar ask you what size you wanted to end with. My biggest fear is being left oath much larger breasts than I have now with the implants. Also, does he take all the fat you'd like him to, or just enough for the transfer?
Sao, how are you doing? feel free to pm me if you prefer.
Hi! It's been almost a month since your last post, just checking in to see how you're doing!?
Hey Sao, this was a super helpful post. I've started doing some research on fat transfer. And I totally understand your disappointment with asymmetric breasts. That's one of the reasons I'd like to do fat transfer. Good luck and please keep up posted. I'd love to see your new photos and know about your current status.
Sao, I really like the shape of your breasts. Whether it's because of your young age, or the shape of your pre-surgery breasts, or Dr Bednar's work... They are shaped very nicely. I can't say from the pictures if they are now more symmetric or not. I hope you're happier with that anyway. When did the lumpiness start to show itself? Is that only your stomach, or your legs too? That's the only factor that has made me delay my decision to do the surgery. I'm older than you and I don't have a good skin elasticiy. Hope it gets better for you.
Hi Sao, You are a beautiful person. Are you happier with the size now? Looks like they have gone down considerably as you had hoped. :-)
Hey, you should use rose hip oil for the scars or you can try to get laser treatments to lighten my scar, but make sure the person doing the laser has dealt with asian skin before because asians have very sensitive skin and can pigment if done wrong. but i would try rose hip oil, good luck!
Thank you, I never heard of rose hip oil but I will give it a try. I am gonna try whatever it takes to get rid of these scars
How are you doing, Sao? I hope things have been going well since your last update. Has the difference in size become less?
Hi Sao. Thank you for posting your experience. Can you tell me, is it the breast that was leaking fluid that has ended up smaller? Did this breast feel more firmer than the other breast in the days/weeks after surgery? Did Dr Bednar know why the breast suddenly started leaking fluid? Is it fluid that should have been taken away by the lymph system? I hope you are healing well in every way and sorry for all the questions.
Sao, the scars don't look as bad (visible/big/deep) as I was expecting. Or maybe the pictures don't show them as they are... Have you tried hiding them using foundation creme or powder? I'm wondering if that would work. Your lipo sites seem very smooth.... I'm very concerned about the possibility of having loose skin, lumps, or irregularities...
It was suggested to me to have this procedure done coupled with implants to achieve the results I was looking for since I started off with very asymmetrical breast. I refused and decided to go with just implants. So he placed a round in one breast and shaped in the other and said this would make them even and even out my lower poles. I'm nearly 2 weeks post op now and not even near matching. The one breast doesn't even compare to the other when looking at lower poles as he said they would. Now I'm wondering if I should do fat grafting ontop of my implants to straighten out my breast. But I feel like if he said using two different implants would work then it should have worked. I feel like I spent right at $8,000 for nothing but more lopsided breast. I don't think I can afford a fat transfer ontop of what I just put out to not know if it will work. I also kind of want him to switch out my shaped implant for a round to match the other side but don't feel like I should have to pay for that. I did ask him to do both round at our last appointment but he confidently said that I would achieve the best results with the different implants. I'll talk to him this week at my post op and hope that he is willing to fix my breast. I have been so depressed and cried daily since having my breasts augmentation. :(
Southernboobies- what is the doctor's name that did your augmentation?
Dr Bednar
From my experience I think implants are a mistake for anyone. They always have to be replaced and time will fly by faster than u think. Then they will leave scar tissue from the removal that will distorted them and make them look deformed. I'm not trying to add more stress to your situation but I have to be honest. Yours are fairly new and might night leave scar tissue if removed in a year or so. I had mine for 6yrs and they didn't sag just looked weird. I wish I had done the fat transfer from the get go. My right breast turn out beautiful and the left might have if not for the scarring. I understand how you feel. I too was upset daily after removal because of the how they looked. But it doesn't help to be stressed and slows the healing process.
I just saw your pic. One of the Dr's suggested a mini nipple lift and implants. Why not a mini lift a fat transfer? I think that would look the best and you would never need another surgery.
Wow southernboobies, you are probably the 4th person that I know that has had an issue with Dr.Bednar and assymetry including implants (2 women) and fat transfer(2 women). This is not a good sign. Thank you for sharing & please keep us posted of the long range outcome of your situation. I do hope it gets resolved.
Oh my!!! That makes me very nervous!!! I think I'll shop around for the best PS to do work with asymmetric breast. First I'll hear what Dr B wants to do and then get several second opinions. I just want to be happy with my breast.
I see your dilemma. Feel free to pm me if you want. Amelia
I have to agree with sao151, that implants are a mistake for anyone. When you had them yourself you hate to see anyone go through what you did, and honestly its only a matter of time until they have problems.
I think implants are a mistake too especially now that fat transfer is available. Even if you don't experience problems with the implants you still lose your peace of mind. You find yourself worrying about whether they have ruptured, whether they will rupture, whether they are leaking, worrying about whether you are getting capsular contracture in one of them or both of them, worrying about whether they need to be removed/replaced, etc, etc, etc. I'm actually surprised that women are still opting for implants when a much better solution is available. If fat transfer had been available 20 years ago I definitely would have gone down that route.