Depressed :( I'm Not Losing Weight

I had the gastric bypass on dec 14th . and i...

I had the gastric bypass on dec 14th . and i weighed 229 when i came out the hosp .I now weigh 202 and have weighed 202 for the last 2 weeks . should i start looking in to revisions options .im getting so depressed . i want this weight off ! im 43 years old had a baby march 2008 i dont know if any of this has an effect on me loosing weight please help :(

should I start looking into revisions options ?

dr timothy kuwada

very thourgh in making decisions and aftercare

Hi everyone i first weighed in at 268 then i started my two wk post diet, my date of surgery i was 256 i had gbs on 1/27/14. Today's date is 4/14/14 and i am only 228. I have been stuck on 228 for about three weeks now. I still have 90lbs to go. I am at the point where i am so frusterated. I have to admet i dont take my vitamens or protine shacks. I go to the gym 4-5 times a week for an hour. I try to drink water but its hard, i drink about 4 glasses a day. I dont eat breakfest for lunch ill have a salad with chicken and dinner would be the same. Please help i did this surgery as a last resort.
Hello I am post op 7 months very important to eat from breakfast to dinner small meals all day is what I do. Sometimes I don't lose for 2 to 3 weeks then I catch up.I have small snacks in between. I do not always get to work out but do . I have lost 70 pounds to day of surgery and 83 to pre surgery .Hang in there!!
I didn't really notice until now that this is mainly Gastric Bypass ....I had the Sleeve....I knew three other people that had it and did well......but not me....they will tell you over and over that this is just a tool its up to you to use it correctly. After 8 weeks I finally lost 6 lbs.....I thought it would be faster. I originally had to surgery to be healthy...losing weight would be a huge plus....so far I feel great....diabetes is gone (4 shots a day plus meds) walking so much better. I lost 27 lbs on the liquid diet before surgery then nothing until last week.....from Nov 4,2013 until Jan.16,2014 ...up then down up then down...a pound at a time...yay finally 6 lbs.....but I' happy ....hope it continues. Plus I had a salad last week ...first one in months...delicious and I felt so guilty.......Don't anyone tell you this is the easy way(surgery) its still hard work ....so hard that I'm wondering if I could of done it with out surgery?????
I had my surgery on Jan 22, 2013... Was 242... Now 202... Been there for two months. I really need a kick start again. Any ideas?
That happens though.I was at stand still for 4 weeks then kicked off 8 pounds now back at stand still lol no biggy
HAD GBS ON --3-22-12 HAVING A HARD TIME ONLY LOST 42 # I THINK IT STOPPED WORKING HUNGRY ALOT ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATFUL

Hi there,

It might be helpful if you start a food and exercise journal, write down everything you eat and drink and everytime you exercise. After about a week you will be able to look at the data and see if there are any areas that you can imporve upon, such as: are you having too many snacks, not drinking enough water, not getting enough protein, are portion sizes too big, have you stopped exercising as much?

You may also wnat to speak with your doctor/dietician and see what advice they can give.

No, I just went on my own and had blood work done. All was fine just needed more iron. I called to make an appointment and they told me "I needed to just attend group." Nevertheless, I have lost another 22 pounds since the 2010 post, down to 282 and holding, for the last 8 months. I just need to be faithful to going and working out. When I do that, I feel much better and can see the pounds come off.

Excellent news! I'm so pleased for you, another 22 pounds is a great achievement. Vitamins are really important after this surgery, as is taking in enough water. As you know it can be the difference between being healthy and losing weight or having a lot of unwated side effects.

Good job!

It would be great if you would consider sharing your journey by writing a review. I've sent you a PM with a link to the review page, but if you have any questions then please PM me.

Best,

Kirsty

Thanks so much for your support Kirsty.

Not a problem. That's what we're all here for!

I had WLS (bypass) in early 2007. I lost 140 pound by end of 2008. I have not lost any more weight at all— I am struck between 282 and 320, down 289 up to 320 then back down to 282 up, down, up, down all year-round. Almost 3 years no change. I exercise (when I have the energy) and yes, I do eat wrong some days, but most of the time it is because I look at others that have had the operation and they look great. I can still only eat small amount at a time. I cannot eat no way near what I did in 2007.

I do notice when I have my protein shacks on time I see a difference. If I can just get down to 250 (my goal 222) I will be happy with myself. I don’t go to group (support) meetings because I am so embarrassed. The WLS team here are very hard on you, they told me off the last meeting for not being down to 250. I was in tears and depressed for a month after, that was over 18 months ago.

I was 422 day of surgery. Today I am at 304. Again my lowest was 282. I only got on the scale today (first time in over a month) to be able to tell you my weight. I hate the scale. Anybody! Please tell me what I can do to get back on the right course and see weight loss. I ready believe there is still hope.

(pardon all typo's)

Can I ask if you've spoken to your doctor about this and if they've been able to give you any suggestions? Do you go to a support group who could help guide and advise you?

Have you thought about speaking to your dietitian and going through your eating plan with them to see if there's any changes that could be made?

Are you ensuring that you drink the right amount of water and take your vitamin, mineral and protein supplements?

I'm so sorry to hear about your lack of results. Please don't get discouraged; your brain is your worst enemy when it comes to losing weight! There is always an option, always something you can do to right the ship.

I agree with Kirsty that a good first step is to talk with a dietitian. If you don't have one or don't like the one your doctor uses, there are freelance ones who can even consult with you online. Find someone you're comfortable with. Also, if you're not already doing this, keep a food diary. Write down everything you eat, when you eat it, and why you eat it. You or the dietitian can find patterns or triggers for your eating and work on fixing them.

Hang in there! We're all here to support you and help you get the results you want, so please stay with us and good luck. :) *hugs*

I was almost in tears when I read your story. I can relate so much! Oh,the struggle...

Please take a look at this website {edited} this really saved my life.

At one point I was literally starving myself in order to lose some weight. My top is 255 pounds (on a 5 ft 2 inch frame). Now, I'm a healthy 120 pounds and still losing. This way of eating honestly saved my life and I really, really hope that you will take a look at it.

Wish you all the love and wisdom to get through this!

{By Britt. Please PM user for info. Thanks}
Sorry I am just getting back. I drink my protein and take all my vitamins on time.

Hi there,

It's nice to see you back. How are you doing these days? Have you lost anymore weight or spoken to your doctor about your concerns?

Kirsty

where is your website I would like to try it to
what website? which way of eating
When I had surgery everyone told me the first month is your Cinderella month. You lose more the first 30 days than any 30 days after that. You can not guage your continued loss on the first month. What I did is maintained my 4 week diet for a year. I lost 120 lbs. Even though the doctor told me I had to wait until 3 months to start rigorous cardio, I kind of started early. I live on the 4th floor with no elevator. I also practiced what most trainers call "active rest" - park as far from the door as possible, wash your car yourself instead of taking it to the drive thru car wash, take the stairs instead of the elevator, etc. Your loss will pick up again and then it will melt away. Another tip is do not weigh yourself EVERY day. You get obssessed with the numbers. I weighed in once a week on the same day at the same time and recorded it on a calendar I kept on the wall in my bathroom. At the top of each month I wrote my goal. Good luck!!!
I dealt with a lot of people after they had GBS. Results will vary, but if you keep positive, make sure you are being healthy, you will should see results. I will tell you the harder you are on yourself, the harder it will be for you to lose. Make sure you are taking really good absorbable nutrients into your body, like some Greens and a either GOOD multivitamins (even if you have to grind them up in your drink) or liquid nutrients. It's harder to get nutrients into your system now that you've had surgery. Plus, your body went through a lot of stress, you had anestetics, and you may just be taking a bit to recover.
Hi I have to say that the numbers of your weight loss will be up and down soemtimes, I had my bypass almost 3 years ago and would have this same problem or it would stay the same for almost 2 weeks, stick straight to the diet plan you were given and do exercise. You are still newly out so you have far to go still. Alot of people say that they didn't have to work out to get it off but in the long run everyone does to keep it off or you will gain your weight back. Try not to get depressed, working out will help that depression too and try to remember sometimes when the scale doesn't show a change that you are probably losing inches instead of pounds. So I would measure also as well as weigh yourself. Keep at the food and exercise and you can't fail =]
A little confused and discouraged as the numbers are up & down. Im loosing so very slow. Dec.1 st ~226 lbs Dec.10th ~216. lbs Dec.14th day of sugery 220 lbs Dec.18th back home 229 lbs Dec -Jan. 29th 202 lbs Feb.15th 198.lbs Im going to be making some positive changes by adding more exercise. I will let you guys know what happens next . So many folks after WLS dont have to exercise and the weight just keeps on falling off . unfortunaly im not one of those people :( . Thanks for the responses and the support !
My numbers aren't really up and down (just the same, the same, the same.....then down 1. My surgery was 12/17 and I've lost 30 lbs. I'm very pleased with the 30 but it's soooooooo slow. I've added more exercise and gone back to the basics, and nothing seems to budge. Any suggestions? I really expected it to be faster. At this rate, it will take me a year to lose the rest of my weight.
You lost 27 pounds! Why can't you be happy with that? If you follow a strict diet, I will bet you will lose more.