44 Yr Old Mom of 5 (2 C-sections) - Charleston, SC

After five kids and two c-sections I was in dire...

After five kids and two c-sections I was in dire need of a tummy tuck! Finally got my insurance company to approve it! I am about a month away from my procedure and I am so excited!!! At 5'4" and 180lbs, this procedure will only enhance my naturally curvy body and boost my self esteem.
I visited this site often and finally decided to join today. I look forward to sharing my journey and hopefully help someone else through their journey as this site has done for me. August 12th....here I come, new body, new and improved me! Here are pics of what I look like now ( whew)..... I'm considering having my upper back done as well but will wait to see the results of the tummy tuck first.

The Countdown

TT surgery is 22 days away and the nervousness is starting to creep up on me. I will be home alone this week and this site will be my best friend! So, I lost two pounds (wasn't really trying to) and decided I will consciously try to lose another 10 before my surgery on August 12th. I'm so excited, but nervous at the same time!

I'm Ready!!!

Just about 11 more days and I will be on the flat side.....yay!!!! Pre-op appointment on Monday and it's about to get real!

Getting Closer!!!

7 days away.....had my pre op appointment today and it is really starting to sink in. Got my prescriptions filled (Percocet, me flex and flexiril) purchased my arnica (gel and pill) bromelain pills and just a few more things to get before I embark on this adventure. Looking to rent a hospital bed or recliner and purchase my compression garments. I can do this!!!!!

Getting closer....

That would be keflex......not me flex.....stupid auto correct.......ughhhh!!!

I'm finally on the flat side

Had my TT day before yesterday.....all is well. The Dr. Let me look at it yesterday and it looks awesome! Next step, remove drains.

I did it??

Got m TT done and looks fabulous! Pain I minimal and I walk straight.

Some good meds!!!

As you can see from my last post, I was on some good medicine! It's day four and feeling mighty fine. No pain at all!!

Three Weeks Post-Op

Today is three weeks since my surgery. All is going well except I have a bulge under my left breast. Thankfully, I have an appointment with the PS in Thursday...hopefully it is just a seroma and I didn't tear anything. I have been extra cautious but moving around quite a bit.
Not happy with the swelling in the v jay jay area but I know that comes with it all. I am super excited that I can now wear a size small summer dress after coming from a medium or large. Here are some three weeks post pics!!

How did you get insurance to cover your surgery?
Sorry, never mind I just read your comment.
Hello, do you have any pics posted showing bare skin. II would love to see the work that's been done
Thanks Conniescso...how did your surgery go? Hope all went well and you enjoying the flat side!!
I did great too. So surprised I went through with it but not one regret! I'm walking better and seem to be getting back to my normal self. My drain comes out Monday and I'm excited about that! Yah! Keep taking whatever meds you need to feel better. We r all different. Rest up girlie!
Conniescso ...my drains come out on Monday as well. I can't wait to get these things out.
Disappointed my drains didn't come out today :-(
I know the feeling. But I'm sure they will be out by next week.
Thanks......I am able to see result with the binder on! Can't wait to see it live!!!
Good for you!!! You deserve it!
Well you will be fine my husband was with me just day of surgery and next day was up walking and making dinner for the hubby no pain first two weeks and learned how to use my legs to get to bathroom lol . And after almost four weeks is when I feel the most discomfort. When you can feel the healing going on. And no meds. Lol
Whoohoo!!! We did it!!!!
Yes....we did it!!!! I don't regret a minute of it.
Welcome to the Flat side. Hope you're doing well.
Thanks little ai.....i am doing awesome!
Hi! I'm curious, if you don't mind sharing which insurance you have? thanks so much!!
BCBC of Illinois
For insurance to pay it has to be medically needed. My insurance paid because I kept getting a rash in the flap of my skin.
Thanks! Mine itches a lot and sometimes rashes.
mrspd....it sounds like you could get approved for a TT. You need to make sure you see the dr for it so it can be documented.
I've had 4 c-sections with huge babies (10lb14oz, 9lb10oz, 10lb5oz, 10lb10oz) and need a Tummy Tuck, muscle repair for a huge diastasis recti, and hernia repair. I've been told multiple times that the only thing our excellent insurance will help with is the hernia repair. If you have a tip, please share!
Go to your insurance company website and look up the details. Most will pay if it is medically necessary.
Which insurance do you have ChristieT?
I've also had 2 C-sections and am dying to know how you got insurance to cover it.
I would have rashes under the flap or apron that itches and it became raw when I scratch it. She prescribed hydrocortisone and that helped but it came back. Next she prescribed nystatin powder- that helped but it still came back. After my fourth visit with her she concluded that medication will help but won't cure it so she referred my to a plastic surgeon for a tummy tuck. Visited PS in Mt.Pleasant but he didn't seem interested in doing it because they get paid less when the insurance company pays for it. He submitted my paperwork and it got declined because they did not include the medical code. (Took 2months) I visited my dr again and she referred me to another ps. This time I wrote a letter to be submitted along with the dr submission and got an approval 5 days later.