Had my Ultherapy Procedure Yesterday! - Charleston, SC

I was so excited to have this procedure done!! I...

I was so excited to have this procedure done!! I had a consult a year ago and debated about whether to go forward. So finally, I decided now was as good of a time as any. I turned 50 last summer and while I've always had a pretty youthful attitude and look, the imagine in the mirror over the past couple of years was getting a little tired and saggy looking. Ok, I confess: sometimes it actualy frightened me when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, as in "Who IS that??"

I went to a well respected dermatologist who has a beautiful and wonderfully kind staff in Charleston, SC. I took a loratab and xanax one hour before the procedure. I admit that I was a little apprehensive of the pain because of the reviews I read here, but I have a fairly high pain tolerance level and hoped I could handle it well. As it turns out, the procedure was not painful to me at all. It was a little uncomfortable around my jaw in a couple places and along my temple a time or two, but it really did not hurt. It took a little over an hour to have my whole face and neck done. I am anxious to see the results over the next couple of weeks and will post follow ups.

Because I did so well with the Ultherapy, I decided to have Fraxel laser resurfacing done as well that day. My dermatologist was offering a January special that included Ultherapy and Fraxel for $3500, which I thought was an excellent price. The laser procedure also wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. It felt mostly like hot pin pricks but it was over fairly quickly. The staff loaded me up with all kinds of sunscreen, face gels, creams and lotions and also some medication to stave off any complications from the laser resurfacing. Today my face is tight and a little swollen, especially around the eyes. I am very anxious to see my results in about a week. I will keep everyone posted.

It's been almost four weeks since my procedure and...

It's been almost four weeks since my procedure and I think I'm just starting to see some results around my jawline. Still, I am not feeling overwhelmed by the results yet. I wish I had not had the Fraxel done so that I could see if the Ultherapy did anything on it's own. I thought my skin looked great about a week after I had the Fraxel, but now I keep breaking out. I have lost about 10 pounds over the past two months, so I don't know if what I see in my face has to do with the weight loss or not, but I think my skin looks droopier than before. But I am also having some major self-image issues. My daughter, who does not know I had the Ultherapy but knows I had a laser peel, said today she thought my face looked great and that my skin looked far better than before. So, I am giving this a few more weeks before I decide whether it was worth it. I have been taking weekly photos, but I dont want to post anything yet. So far, I don't really see a positive difference.
Dr. Marguerite Germain/ Lauren

My consult was with the doctor but Lauren was the wonderful aesthitician who administered the procedures. I was very, very pleased with the way everything was explained, the comfort level and way I was treated. I had a wonderful experience. Of course, I'm anxious for a few weeks to pass so I can really assess my results and give a more accurate review.

Thanks so much for the update! It really does help. I had my Ultherapy treatment about 3.5 weeks ago and it's too soon to see results but its nice to hear that you saw improvement with the Ultherapy. I have heard mixed results on the Fraxel....possibly some loss of fat?? Anyway, hopefully the Fraxel didn't cause any permanent damage for you. You should still see continued improvements with the Ultherapy....keep us posted if you can. Thanks! =)
I feel poorly for not posting pics (or even taking them for that matter!! lol) and reporting on the progress. What I can say now, 5 months later, is that I am happy with the ultherapy I definitely noticed a tightening and lifting around my jaw and neck and forehead. I would NOT do the Fraxel again. I think my skin actually got worse after the procedure. I don't know...could just be hormones and a coincidence, but I do not think it was worth the cost. Overall, I'm very happy with the Ultherapy and would definitely recommend it. It's not a face lift, but it does take a few years off the saggy face look. Hope this helps!
OneRedskirt how are you doing at this point after having two procedures done? That was a huge undertaking....would love to know how things are progressing for you and if you liked your decision to do both. =)

Oh, I hope you will be seeing some great changes from this combo!!

How long did you wait between your Ultherapy and your Fraxel?

About an hour!! I must be a pretty tough cookie because neither procedure was excruciatingly painful for me. Both were uncomfortable at times, but not anything I couldn't deep breathe through. This is day 3 for me and my face definitely has the "coffee grounds" feel and look from the Fraxel. I should start shedding tomorrow. I can't wait to see my results in another few days. I know I won't see results from the Ultherapy for a couple months, but between the two procedures, the aesthetician assured me I am going to be very, very happy. :)

Holy cow - you must be a tough cookie!! Lots of people say both treatments are pretty dang uncomfortable. So glad that you didn't find that to be the case!

Looking forward to hearing how things look and feel for you as you continue to heal up and see changes. :)