Permalip - Charleston, SC

I was SO scared to do permalip! I wasnt even able...

I was SO scared to do permalip! I wasnt even able to sleep at night because I was kinda scared after watching the procedure on youtube but knew I really wanted the look they give after a lot of research and others experience. I had it done today and I can not believe that I was scared this whole time! It was painless and so very quick. The worse part is the numbing needles and even that was finished so quickly. I am swollen but am taking medications for the pain, swelling and a natural supplement called Anika Forte for the bruising as opted and recommended by Dr. Hochmans office. So far I am in love! I would deff recommend this to everyone that wants fuller lips. I did restylane once and was like I cant afford this every 4-6 months. Any questions I would love to answer to the best of my ability and experience. My sister is going to get hers done in 2 weeks. I can not wait to update you guys when my lips are healed up a little bit more.

Day 3- The first two days my lips felt a little...

Day 3- The first two days my lips felt a little tight which is probably from the stretching of my skin. I also wasnt taking the pain killer because pain killers always give me nausea so I rather deal with the "tightness" than the nausea. I do make sure that I take all the other medication on schedule. All the discomfort has resided. I am still not quite able to smile due to the stitches. Everyday the swelling goes down. I have been using colgate wisp because brushing teeth have been kinda a challenge. I also use listerine. As far as helping the skin stay soft and not cracking, I highly recommend Aquaphor. I am pretty big with tattoos and Aquaphor heals them best also so I saw this to be fit for healing my lips also. I will most deff post another update in about another 4 days!

Its been a week. Today I have much more mobility...

Its been a week. Today I have much more mobility (Less tightness/Stiffness) in my lips. There is still some swelling on my top lip in particular. There is also still some bruising on the wet dry line. So far I am still very happy with the results. I am continuing to use the aquaphor because they get very dry and chapped.

New Photos @ 2 Weeks post op =)

2 Weeks post op

SISTER- Before Permalip

My Sister is not the blogging/forum type so I told her Id do it for her lol I want other women (men too!) to see the results and help the best way I can =)

SISTER-2 DAYS POST OP

Charleston Facial Plastic Surgeon

He is very professional and precise. He has a lot of experience and does a lot of work with the hospital and children. I googled him and researched his credentials extensively.

very beautiful lips....I'll talking with my surgeon!!!
What size did you get?
I woke up this morning with the right side of my face swollen puffy and distorted. I am 16 days out from her my permalip. I called my PS to have them removed. he said I'm throwing in the towel way too early. has anyone else had this weirdness happen to them?. I need help. ng in the towel way too. early.
Dear Inga Thanks for sharing. And I am sorry you went through such a traumatic event. I guess this procedure requires a lot patience and adherence to the after care. Your lips on the pic look beautiful I well tell you that much. And reading from others recovery takes at least 4 to 5 weeks. Please tell me how are you now? Many hugs Paola
Dear Paula0705, thank you very much for your support, I really feel good today. I "lost" my silicon from my lower lip on the twelfth day, but I think it should be this way. I was really afraid of what I will look like only with the silicon in an upper lip, but 25 days after the procedure I can say that is OK and I am not going to do anything with it. I still must do some yoga face, but I am enjoying it and looking forward to seeing myself in prettier way ... hi-hi ... Are you considering permalip? Have a nice weekend, Inga :-)
To all. It has been already 3 weeks since my augmentation by permalip and I have a very bad experience. The first week everything was OK, but on the eighth day the suture didnt heal properly on the lower lip /had been damaged during the procedure I had 3 stitches/, so I had to go for the correction and I had 4 stitches and I was on the antibiotics and I washed my lips with herbs. On the second day after the reparation I had the rupture again and my silicon was out again!!! So, it didnt like my lip at all, or my lip dindt like it. I tried to pusch it inside but it didnt work and after the phone consultation with my doctor /it was sunday/ a pulled it out. Very traumatic moment. For a few days after that I wanted to get rid of the silicon from my upper lip, but my doctor asked me to be patient, that it looks good. I had another problem that ennoyed me a lot, I could not open my mouth properly it felt like I had a thread arround my mouth and it was constict. I had a problem to bite the food. Now it is much more better but I have to do the lip massage a few times during the day, keep my lips creamy and I do face gymnastic. After 3 weeks I can tell that all swelling has gone, I feel comfortable and I hope one day a could say that it was wotht it. I am going to post some pic of me, so have a look if you like, Inga
rosie29 - I had it done on wednesday /5th june/ before lunch, it was really bad for two days, but today on saturday I can go out with my kids and I dont have to be afraid of people staring at me. It looks very nice, just right size, but I am afraid it will go smaller when all swelling has gone. I have size 4 /medium/ for both lips ... :-)
oh thank you for reply.will you be posting some pictures?i'm having my consultation tomorrow.i'll see also what my doctor suggests and hopefully some before/after photos.

Yesterday I took some pic, but I am new here on RealSelf and I dont know how to post pictures, you can send me an email on is****@****.sk and I will send you some ... Have a nice day ...

Hi Ingusik,

If you'd like to post photos on RealSelf you can put up one as your profile pic by going into your profile and uploading a photo.

You can also post as many as you'd like if you start a review. Go here to do that!

Hey again!Just wanted to ask after how many days after the procedure you could look normal(no swelling).I am thinking about the medium size but it's extremely hard to decide.Some say that once in the lips the large size is big comparative to the medium.I don t want my lips to look like i've done something to them.I want a natural result.But then again i'm afraid that if i'm getting medium i might see no improvement at all.Your lips are very nice and they suit you perfectly but they might be a little big for my taste.Are they smaller now or nothing has changed?Thank you. P.S:How is your sister doing?
I had 5mm top and bottom 3wks ago. Still swollen, I hope. Big lips..hoping/still think they are swollen. Every web site I looked at from Docs to patients and people Ive heard from thro Docs office say 4mm too small. They always go back for bigger.I am patiently waiting to get end result. My lips are still swollen at day ay 15.
Sorry typo, Im 15 days out. The shape is fab, tho I had nice shape to begin with. Also not small. Go big if you have thin lips...Definitely!. They will shrink a lot. Dont want you to be dissapointed. Worse, have to go back. Expensive.
Also word of warning. Everyone will notice. I took one week of work. Maybe one month might cut it.
Beautiful!!!!
... uppps ... I have posted it 3 times ... I apologize ... Have a nice day :-)
... uppps ... I have posted it 3 times ... I apologize ... Have a nice day :-)
Dear "xhavefaithx" I went for permalip yesterday. I had red your forum before I desided to go for it and it helped me a lot. Thank you. I hope you are doing well with your new lips, I am looking forward to see myself in 3 weeks. Best greetings from Bratislava in Slovakia, Inga
They look great!!! Been getting Juviderm for years. The last time the nerve block sent me spinning. I think they hit a blood vessel with the novicaine. I said to myself " there has to be something else out there!". This is torture and expensive. My doctor discouraged implants because he said this was a faster "fix". My new facial girl had her plastic surgeon put it the permalip. They are gorgeous and she has no regrets. I'm just curious how long I need to miss work. I'm in the public eye.would it be about the same as Juviderm. Also ,I've heard a lot of people wish they had done the larger size. I usually have 1cc Juviderm. Have big lips anyway but getting older. :(
Hi Love...I would say you should take a goo 5 days plus a weekend...I swell up so much and bruised and you can get make up to cover on the last days of healing..I won't lie, this hurt just as much as the shots, maybe a tad bit more but only for a week (worse pain is in the first 3 days)...I went with the medium and don't have any regrets at all..I just didn't want to turn 50 in 5 years and look silly...medium fits my face well...best decision I have made!! You won't regret it and it's not a quick fix, they make a ton of money off of injections (dah-LOL) so a lip implant infringes on their business, but my doc said he does this so much more now that injections will be the thing of the past...:) I say do it, but let your lips go down to almost nothing, it really hurt due to left over Juv...that is just my suggestion...good luck!
Zabber how is your recovery coming along, perhaps you could post some pics. I am thinking about this procedure as well just too scared at the moment.
xhavefaithx hello I was just wondering if you had an update on your lips. How's your recovery going. They look great.