47 Yrs Old Cellulite Since Jr High - Charleston, SC

I had cellulaze 2 weeks ago. I have major...

I had cellulaze 2 weeks ago. I have major cellulite since I was a child. My mothers was even worse. I work out 6 days a week, usually 2 hrs a day. I am very fit and I never were shorts!! Not even in the 100 degree humidity. At the start of beach season I was so discouraged to walk down the beach in a bathing suite. I feel like I deserve the body that I work out for. So many people work out a lot less than me, eat junk food, and have smooth beautiful legs. For the first time ever, I decided to dive into the world of cosmetic procedures to try to get some improvement on this cellulite that has plagued me for so long.

I had 42 squares done 2 weeks ago. WOW!!!! The procedure itself was painful. The first week I was knocked out on pain meds 24/7. My first shower was 4 days after the procedure and so exhausting and I could not wait to get back into my garment. I could barely walk and I used a hemorrhoid donut to sit on for the toilet. I didn't have any oozing at all. But, OMG the bruising!! Looked like someone took a baseball bat to my back side.

I turned a corner around day 9, bruising down substantially, walking much easier, no more pain meds.

Two weeks out, bruising gets better ever day. Mobility gets better. I have weird sensations in my leg upon touch. I still have ink on my legs since I can't really scrub to get it off. I am showering regularly now so that is nice.

I have a love hate relationship with my compression garment. I can't wait to get it off, but then when it is off for showering and washing, I can't wait to get back in it!! I still have one more week to go but i might keep wearing it for longer. I have been cleared to walk as much as I want and I can lift light weights upper body only. Two more weeks before I can really get back at it, but there is not way I could do a full workout right now. Still to many weird sensations in the legs.

I can't tell if the actually cellulite is improved at this point cause of the ink and the swelling, but I really think that I see some improvement. I said "not sure" if it was worth it because the pain blew me away!!! and I have to wait a few more months to see my lasting change.

not seeing anything

So 3 weeks. I just got out of the garment. Legs feel super super weird and sensitive. I can feel the hard "patches" or "lumps" under my skin. I am slathering my legs in Arnica cream and moisturizer because the skin is so dry. At this point there is no difference in my before and 3 week photos except that I still have some bruising and discoloration. Trying not to be discouraged because I know I have to wait longer.

5 weeks

Ok, 5 weeks out. I am not seeing any real difference. My hubby says my legs look smoother, but he loves me. The discoloration is lessening. The sensitivity is still there. But it is sure better! I can touch my legs now and have very gently shaved them!! I just started back at the gym this week. It was rough but feels so good to be back on my routine. I could only run about 5 mins because the back of my legs feel weird. I can't describe it, the skin is tight and loose at the same time. I am supposed to run a marathon in December!! Let's hope for more improvement.

I bought a pair of men's board shorts to were with my bikini top for the beach this summer. Ironic in years past I felt like I should be covered because of embarrassing cellulite, now I have to be covered up so the sun doesn't cause any permanent discoloration.

Is it worth it? Still don't know.

Ran today!!

I think that the encouragement that posters are providing is amazing. Thank you all for the support. I will keep updating and posting pics every few weeks. Just wanted to update that within a week of my doctor lifting limitations on my workout, I was able to run a nice steady slow 3 miles. Helped my mental set immensely. Leg sensations wore off or were not bothering me about a mile in. So now that my life is getting back to normal I think I will be able to patiently wait for some results. But again thank you for all your comments!!

9 weeks post

I am not posting any pics cause there is no change from my last update. I am 85% back to normal as far as the weird sensations, discoloration, and ability to work out. Now I just have to be patient and wait for any changes. There is something weird going on though. I feel like the back of my legs that were treated are really tight but the area above the treatment seems like it is falling over the tight part. Kinda like you are wearing thigh highs that cut into the fat. So I actually feel like the shape of my whole backside is changed and now I have a more pronounced lump on my outer thigh/butt area. At this point, I am tempted to change my status to "not worth it" due to the pain, limited result, sacrificing my fitness level, and now some weird shape issue. But, I will continue to be patient before changing my status.

I can see a change, I hope it continues to work for you but don't be discouraged, I see it.
How are you doing? I hope you are healing properly,i hear it literally takes 6 months to feel normal again.
Thank u for posting this. I've also had cellulite since jr. hi. I feel your pain. ...darned hereditary genes!
I love your review! Okay, one comment I can make would be to try as hard as you can to not judge any cosmetic procedure until the 6 month mark. Trust me when I say I know that's easier said than done. I was a total freak about my breast implants and became a little obsessed with how they were 'settling'. Also, I am 5 months post lipo inner/outer thighs. I still have strange sensations, moments of pain and numbing feelings. I had the 'jiggly' thing for a long time, still do, but it has improved immensely. PLEASE keep us all posted as you move along especially as you near 6 months! For me my cellulite has worsened considerably since liposuction (I had heard that it might and it makes sense that would). That being said I would love to hear some success stories with cellulaze because I will consider it if it works. Weird that I now have thinner thighs that I would never dare show. I can at least wear tight leggings, skinny jeans etc...but with this cellulite no bathing suit for me unless I'm at home in our pool. I actually bought some super tight to the knee exercise capris if I have to be in a 'swimsuit' in the future. Not a bad idea that makes me feel better to know I won't have to show my cellulite! Thank you for your review!!!
Thank you for the update and your personal experience. I have read some other reviews that felt the same and suffered the same issues you are describing. I have made up my mind that i will Not do cellulaze. thank you for that. I am 43 and will continue to live with my cellulite. What would you rate your % as far as how much cellulite has diminished? I truly hope you heal properly in 6 months and are back to normal. ;) Best wishes
Hey there, just checking in - it's great to see that you are progressing well and getting lots of support from the community. Do you have an update for us?
Maybe you'll see the difference in a few more months. Please keep us updated. I have way worse cellulite than you do and I am constantly looking for a solution to my horrible, ugly disgusting problem. And I'm a dancer! Its bad. I have my mothers legs, thank you mom. Anyway, I hop your procedure will be money well spent. I'm really glad your husband is supportive.
thank you for the support!!
It took me about 8 months to see good results. 80% improvement which I'm really happy about. Now I wish I would have done a bigger area. It's hard to be patient but I think you will have good results after more time has passed, especially if you are going to the gym and keeping muscle tone.
Thank you for the encouragement!!
I am in the same boat as you. Seeing minimal if any results several weeks out. I am praying we see something by the 3 month mark. Keep posting pics!!
Don't be discouraged, early days yet. Your body has to heal from all that disruption! Thanks for keeping us updated. I do so hope you see improvement in a couple of months.
Thanks Eva!! I am staying optimistic!! I am just glad to be back on the road to recovery.
I can see a slight difference i am sure by 6 months there will be a huge improvement or at least more than 50% but again,it's still an improvement and that's great. I understand people feel there is minimal to no results with cellulaze but just a reminder to you we as women are our worst critics. I am very hard on myself. I see a difference and it counts :) smile. I would love to follow your journey as you recover and heal. Please keep me posted and update pics when you can. I am EXCITED for you and your results. I run as well so, let me know how you do on your marathon. How many miles? I never ran a marathon. I bet you will be happy and look great for Christmas Best wishes Bella
hi can you update some pics? I am on the fence about this cellulaze craze. I hear it is painful and takes 6 months to feel normal again,i do have the luxury of that down time but i don't want to go through such excruciating pain and see no results even after 3 months. May i ask if lumps or bumps under skin are gone? do you et massages? have you worked out since? walk? I am very curious as i may do this in october thanks
get massages
Hi Bella, still lumpy and bumpy. Now that I am starting to tolerate my legs being touched I will start massages. It has taken me 5 weeks to be able two walk 2 miles at a comfortable pace.
WOW! this is why i am terrified of doing this procedure. My cellulite is nasty gross on thighs sides and back. lucky none in butt. I run so being off my feet for 5 weeks and only able to walk 2 miles will be hard for me. I run 4-5 miles 5 days a week. Not right now due to my smart-lipo on arms,waiting 2 weeks to run has been like 2 months. Kudos to you for getting back out there. Does the walking help stimulate blood flow and decrease your swelling? I hear walking helps even if it hurts. When you say lumpy and bumpy,is it noticeable on outside of legs or underneath? have you spoke to your doctor about this? Is this normal? I hear that people's legs are smoother but you have said quite the opposite. Just concerned. I appreciate you taking the time to reply and I look forward to your response and recovery after 6 months. Keep me posted and keep up the great work. Thanks
Hi. I had cellulaze about 3 weeks ago. I am also patiently waiting. I think it am starting to see some tiny bit of improvement. Please check out my review and I will keep following yours. I hope you will upload some photos soon! Keep us updated!
Please keep posting your progress. I truly hopeyou get the results you deserve. My legs are very similar to yours before the surgery. I am 43 and have suffered with cellulite since I'm 15. I too work out on a daily basis and my diet is very healthy. I am fit and healthy but my legs do not reflect my hard work and dedication. I also had lipo twice, which only ended up with even MORE unsightly lumps. My PS did a great job on my breasts but a TERRIBLE job on my legs, TERRIBLE, and has done nothing to rectify the matter either. So dissapointing. Lipo was extremely painful, but your post op legs look similar to my post op lipo. I hope this works for you because I was told the only thing that may fix my lumpy legs is cellulaze. Now I just need to find a trustworthy PS. Please keep us posted.
It is so frustrating to be so fit and not have legs that reflect that level of fitness. One of the hardest parts of this procedure is that I have sacrificed my level of fitness. I was shocked at how debilitating the recovery is. I am so happy to be on the road back.
that is good news that you are on the road back.
Hi Natters, May i ask if you like Dr Fuentes in Mexico? I was curious because i was thinking of seeing him because i always go to Mexico but NOT TJ. So i figured why not. I have read great reviews about him. Has he been able to do a revision on your legs? are going to do arms,abs and breasts? I was just curious. I hope he helps you meet your expectations and your end result. Best wishes
Hi --- your arms look great!! And yes, love dr Fuentes!! He is amazing .. I have had some improvement with macrolane and fat transfers to my kegs.. Also dr Fuentes did my breast suggest removal and I am very pleased... My breasts got too large after my smart lipo so I made the decision to have the implants removed.. I am happy.. Yes, visit him and you will be happy with him!
Thank you. I am so glad i got these arms done,No more jiggling when i wave hello to friends. lol. some loose skin but not bad enough to get a brachioplasty. May i ask if you have updated pics? They are worth a million. :) Are you going to do anything to abs or just focus on your legs for now? I am so happy for you that you found a doctor that is worth it for you. Keep me posted,i would love to see the new legs.