First Procedure August 28, 2012 - Chapel Hill, NC

The procedure was nearly pain free. Three or four...

The procedure was nearly pain free. Three or four times I felt pain I would rate as a 1 on a 1-10 scale, with each event lasting no more than a few seconds.

The number of Lidocaine injections you receive will depend on your size. I am 6'2"/180lbs, and received about thirty-five injections in each underarm. The injections were mildly annoying, but nothing like a blood draw or immunization.

I was prescribed Prednisone in advance of the procedure, along with being told to take an OTC pain reliever. Ice packs were applied immediately after the procedure. Swelling is minimal, no post-procedure pain.

Mild bruising is in the form of small rectangle outlines at each location where the Miradry wand was applied. I immediately noticed a change in the way my armpits feel. No more constant moisture.

I am very happy with the procedure and the outcome.
I will post an update and photos in a week.

One week update: I continue to be very pleased...

One week update:

I continue to be very pleased with the outcome of the procedure.

All swelling and bruising was gone by day four.

I have not experienced any underarm sweat since completing the procedure, including during vigorous exercise.

So far, the procedure has turned out exactly as my provider described.

I completed my second miraDry procedure in late...

I completed my second miraDry procedure in late November. The second procedure was similar to the first, as was the recovery. I experienced minimal swelling and pain post-procedure.

Pros: My underarms are completely free of sweat 100% of the time. Antiperspirant is no longer on my shopping list.

Cons: None. I wish I had done the miraDry procedure sooner.
Raleigh-Durham Dermatologic Surgeon

I chose Dr. Cox and Aesthetic Solutions for miraDry because I am an existing patient at the practice. Dr. Cox is an excellent physician - very professional, knowledgeable and friendly. I am very pleased with the nurse practitioner, Karlee Wagoner, who performed the miraDry procedure. She explained every step of the process, listened to my concerns and promptly answered my questions.

Hi Megan How are things since the miradry? I mean any compensatory sweating at all. Any other side effects?
Fosters, from a guy's perspective, I think I'm 95% sold on this. My biggest question that I can't find information on is whether or not you grew your armpit hair back at all in the area. I really don't want to be without any armpit hair in the long run. Temporarily I'm sure I wouldn't mind. Thanks in advance!
hi good for you , after my Mira dry first treatment some of the fat travel to my waist line and it feel giggly, and I never have it before , did you notes anything like that ?
I did Tom Tom. It seems to be getting worst? I'm very scared right now. What was the result?
Don't worry after week or 2 it will be good I am back to my normal body shape I was scared 2 but so far is all good is normal
Oh, thank God. I was freaking out. I will just weather the storm. Thanks for your response
Johnsmith, did your symptoms eventually subside as well? I posted a similar post-reaction response that my waist expanded noticeably 3 days after my Miradry procedure and it was jiggly. I wonder if that was due to a reaction from either the lidocane injections or the Miradry procedure itself. It's interesting that none of the doctors that responded to TomTom's question had any decent response to this type of reaction.
Don't freak out, it goes away after a week or so. Don't try to work out in order such physical activity exacerbates the symptoms; it's very weird. Anyhow, the symptoms will dissipate gradually on its own within two weeks. My symptoms were all gone after 8 or 9 days. My body is back to normal and most importantly no sweating a month after the procedure. Very happy so far.
I think you're right cuz I started working out 2 days after the procedure and the next day is when i notice the body change around the waist. I'll stop doing physical activity and wait another 7 - 10 days. Thanks for your advice.
fosters ! thanks for sharing . I wanted to know how much you sweated before the procedure ?? I get out of the shower and sweat is already rolling down my body and never stops i sweat 24 hours a day .. I cant go out without bringing 3-4 shirts and change through out the night or day lol people look at me and cant figure out what is happening why do you have a different shirt on ?? lol . Also im reading the cost which also scares me lol So you spent 3000$ on the first session did you go back or are you going back and how much is the second round ?? did insurance cover any ?? Im sure it doesn't but it should .. Thanks reading your post made me want to do this even sooner if i can afford it .. Stay dry my friend
I paid $3000, which covers the cost of both treatments. My second treatment will take place in late November. As I understand it, the second treatment is necessary to take care of any sweat glands missed by the first treatment. For me, the first treatment stopped all underarm sweat. My underarm sweat was excessive before the treatment. Like you, I would often take an extra shirt or shirts with me to social events. Embarrassing? Yes. Expensive and time consuming? Yes. In my opinion, Miradry is worth every penny. My underarms no longer produce sweat. I no longer need antiperspirant and my laundry bill has been reduced significantly. My insurance did not cover the cost of the treatment. Would I do it again? Yes, without hesitation.
Hey guys I to have HH and was wondering if there was any way to get around the age requirement (parental consent??). I’ll be 16 in a few weeks and I’m sure some of you know how it is to be a teenage girl with HH. Please help. Thanks 

Though it doesn't refer specifically to Miradry, I think this Q&A might still help with your question, as it is dealing with an elective procedure:

How Old Do I Have to Be to Get Rhinoplasty Without Parental Consent?

I bet you are loving that things are staying dry at this point! Have you noticed any compensatory sweating? Other have mentioned it, so I would be curious to hear.

Megan-

I haven't noticed any increased perspiration elsewhere on my body.

The procedure appears to have done exactly what I had hoped it would do, with no side effects.

Well you have to be loving that! Looking forward to hearing more about your experience. :)

Megan-

The Prednisone was prescribed to help mitigate post-treatment swelling. It appears to have worked, as I have had minimal swelling. Early this morning seems to have been the worst swelling, when it felt like I had golf balls stuffed under my arms. As of this evening, I cannot feel any swelling and the bruising is at least 50% gone.

I am amazed at how well the procedure worked. My underarms have been completely dry all day.

That is awesome to hear!

Thanks for filling me in on what the Prednisone was for.

Please continue to keep us posted on how things are going, and if you are continuing to stay dry.

Thanks for sharing with us how things went for you. That is awesome that you are dryer now. Do you know what the Prednisone was suppose to help with (ie pain, swelling, nervousness, etc).