First Procedure August 28, 2012 - Chapel Hill, NC

The procedure was nearly pain free. Three or four...

The procedure was nearly pain free. Three or four times I felt pain I would rate as a 1 on a 1-10 scale, with each event lasting no more than a few seconds.

The number of Lidocaine injections you receive will depend on your size. I am 6'2"/180lbs, and received about thirty-five injections in each underarm. The injections were mildly annoying, but nothing like a blood draw or immunization.

I was prescribed Prednisone in advance of the procedure, along with being told to take an OTC pain reliever. Ice packs were applied immediately after the procedure. Swelling is minimal, no post-procedure pain.

Mild bruising is in the form of small rectangle outlines at each location where the Miradry wand was applied. I immediately noticed a change in the way my armpits feel. No more constant moisture.

I am very happy with the procedure and the outcome.
I will post an update and photos in a week.

One week update: I continue to be very pleased...

One week update:

I continue to be very pleased with the outcome of the procedure.

All swelling and bruising was gone by day four.

I have not experienced any underarm sweat since completing the procedure, including during vigorous exercise.

So far, the procedure has turned out exactly as my provider described.

I completed my second miraDry procedure in late...

I completed my second miraDry procedure in late November. The second procedure was similar to the first, as was the recovery. I experienced minimal swelling and pain post-procedure.

Pros: My underarms are completely free of sweat 100% of the time. Antiperspirant is no longer on my shopping list.

Cons: None. I wish I had done the miraDry procedure sooner.
Raleigh-Durham Dermatologic Surgeon

I chose Dr. Cox and Aesthetic Solutions for miraDry because I am an existing patient at the practice. Dr. Cox is an excellent physician - very professional, knowledgeable and friendly. I am very pleased with the nurse practitioner, Karlee Wagoner, who performed the miraDry procedure. She explained every step of the process, listened to my concerns and promptly answered my questions.