IPL and Active FX Resurfacing - Chandler, AZ

I had IPL done about 3 times after my first...

I had IPL done about 3 times after my first pregnancy. I had it done for brown and red spots (sun damage) and for melasma. I was very happy with the results at first. My skin looked great and then over a period of about 4 months, I started loosing more and more fat from my cheek area which left me with saggy skin and fine lines all over, especially when smiling. The sagging got better with time, but no where near what it was before and the lines were there to stay. I tried chemical peels (mild to deep TCA) with no change, microderm with no change.

A few years after the IPL's, I decided to have the Active FX resurfacing done. This was fine, but did nothing for the fine lines. I did get rid of red marks left over from acne marks, but left me with a whole new set of problems. I have the same kind of holes on my face that Jaylyn posted plus enlarged pores and scarred pores. All over! Plus, I now have about 50 shallow ice pick scars over my cheek area. I know this because I am now taking a toothpick to apply a high concentration of copper peptides into the ice pick scars. It is a blue color so I was able to count them.

The texture, tone of my face has been destroyed by lasers. I am sure that a lot of people have good results, but it is definitely not for everyone! Wish I would have seen these pictures and postings before hand. Maybe I wouldn't be where I am now. I am praying that these copper peptides will help to fix some of the damage I have. Thanks and I will post this to everyone with pictures and keep you updated if I find something that helps.

Hi everyone... still on a quest to improve what...

Hi everyone... still on a quest to improve what the lasers did. I just went in for my fourth tca and have seen improvements in texture and color of my skin... going in for 3 or 4 more over the next 6 months. Here are pictures to see the difference. Hope everyone is well!

Does anyone know how Chrus is doing after her fat graft? I am considering but am scared to death. Or does anyone have any updates on things that helped? Teana Beana and imsorrynow2...how did things turn out for you?
LMS i have had some luck with using products that are natural and organic that I purchased at health food stores. I totally stay away from anything with retinoid retinol or Vit A they made the damage much worse. I use Arbonne skin brightner you can find someone who sells in your area on the Internet. Botox has helped but I had bad side effect from fillers. I am going to my aesthetician to start with derma pen treatments next week. I am starting with my chest and a small area on my four head just to see how my body reacts to it. I have learned a difficult lesson that is always be patient start with a small area wait 30 days to see what happens. I will keep everyone posted on how the derma pen treatments work. It's taken Six months for me to get up the courage to do this because of my lack of trust of what I'm told by a doctor. I will keep everyone posted on what my results are. Good luck!
Just wanted to let you know since your damage is pretty close to same as mine. I found a product that is called Osmosis Pur skin products. The doctor has a different outlook on lasers, peels, etc. he doesn't believe they help in fact help that are harmful. Anyway being that we are always searching for help I thought I would let you know. At least check out his website and some of his videos. So far it has no negative effects but time will tell. Good Luck
Similar experience on Arms.

I had laser hair removal from the elbow down with IPL over a 1 year period. It wasn't until a few months after the treatment that I noticed my skin had aged! I was 27 at the time and it became very thin and wrinkled. I was also left with a lot of hyperpigmentation that when I get even a little sun turn very brown. I can tell the age difference between the upper and lower arms. I regret having done this. Now, as I age my arms and hands will look much older. It makes me sad b/c I have good elasticity and good genes that I deliberately ruined.

Wow! Looks like you've had much improvement Chrus! I'm so happy for you! Thank you so much for keeping us all updated!
I got burned from the cutera coolglide.I had some facial veins removed and I ended up with blisters.Then when the blisters healed I ended up with huge holes and indents in the shape of the laser head.I had about 20 of these areas on my face.My doctor was terrible.
Seven months later I am at about 70%.I have indented areas that completely filled in.I have been using LED light therapy at home(bonus is I don't need botox anymore) copper peptides with emu oil over that,revlite laser treatments,MSM,vitamin c,and I stopped stressing over it.I figure I have about 3 months of healing left.Your body can heal itself.Worst thing to do is listen to doctors.
Hang in there...you will have more healing after a year. It is more like 2 years and I have even heard longer for a few.
you look fantastic!!!! im so happy you went this route, so happy your hubby did his part to support you and help, and thats an amazing difference! i bet you can breathe again:). thank you for sharing, because it gives the rest of us hope. and word to the wose, stay away from lasers;).
i meant wise! lol

I agree you look fantastic!  I'm so happy for you!!   My thoughts and prayers will be with you on the 13th.  On the same day, I will be consulting a doctor about doing a series of peels during the fall and winter.
Thank u.... Good luck to you, too! Let me know what your doc says.
hey chrus, finally have it all saved up to get out there...lol. mind sending a pm or letting us know wh o ur doc is? thanks a million and hoping that youre back to being carefree and happy:)
Thank you for coming back and telling your update. It gives hope to the rest of us. I pray this will provide a resolution.
I hope so, too. I have only been washing my face every other day. The other days I use oil cleansing method. I use retin A once or twice a week and the rest of the time I use Avacado and coconut oil and cut fresh aloe leaves and apply it daily. I was struggling finding a good sunblock that wouldn't make my face look oily. When my skin is oily, it looks worse. I was watching Dr. Oz and a dermatologist on there recommended a sunscreen so I thought I'd try it. Got it at Walmart and it lightens my skin a little and leaves a matte finish. It goes on whit.. I rub it in really well, wait 5 minutes and then lightly buff the white off. I then use a primer or pore filler and that's about it. Still have some improving to do, but it is looking better. I take a multivitamin, hair and nail supplement, extra biotin, a lot of protein, and a lot of water. Hope the pictures I added up top help. Going in for fat transfer in another week. Good luck and let me know if I can help!

I agree with what the others have said - your skin looks great! It looks like your regimen is working. :)

Thanks... I was just hoping for a little improvement so I am satisfied now. Going to finish my tca schedule... 4 more to go and I am going to leave my face alone. Might stop now while I'm ahead. Thanks for the support.
Did you go to Dr Lam in Texas website? He talks about that at about three months you may see it collapse some but it recovers again. It looks interesting but expensive. He has had good results, so who was your doctor?
Does the doctor doing the transfer think it is fat that has "melted" from the laser? My P.A. said it appeared that it broke down the collagen and never recovered as it should. Just wonder why they think lasers can not go into the layer of fat? Look at the procedures that is suppose remove fat like lipo but is done with lasers what is the difference? I have scars all over my arms from Fraxel and a year later more are still appearing. Just horrible this happens.
One more thing, I am going to go in and have a cheek lift after my second fat transfer.... it is going to cost $5000.00, but should help to smooth the skin out. I will post pics. Hope all of you are doing well!
Hi dmsuarez.... I am so glad you decided not to do it.... very wise decision.... I am always one of those who has to learn the hard way.

Everyone else, II went in on 2-20 for my first fat transfer and I have the second scheduled for 5-20. I figured I would go ahead and try it since it wasn't going to cost me any money. I was nervous about it but talked to the doc and his medical assistants constantly and I felt very reassured by the time I had it done. Some of it is starting to disolve... but it is better than before... the second time should do the trick. I still have texture issues, enlarged looking pores, some random ice pick scars, but I don't look like I am a "meth addict" anymore. All the fat was gone from my face after the laser so I am very happy that I have that back. My mother-in-law came in last week and said "what did you do, you look 15." And my husband said I looked young too, which I guess is nice, but I still wish I could find a solution for the texture stuff. I went and had TCA done and I thought wow this is going to be great, but after a little time it looked the same as it did before. Maybe I will try what you are doing and just go light with the peels and keep doing microderms. I am still using Retin-a, but stopped the copper. I am only using that immediately after the peels. My parents have my camera (they had a house fire and lost everything). So as soon as I get that back, I will take more pics for you to see.
I am glad to hear that. Buy yourself some good skin products at your derms office. It may take a bit longer but it is cheaper and safer in the long run.
Good Luck
Thank you for your pictures and stories. I'm 39 and have developed brown spots that I wanted to get rid as a present for my 40th birthday in July. After reading your comments, I decided I'd prefer the spots than potentially alter the texture and firmness of my face. You all probably saved my skin. Thank you.
Ditto!!
After looking at several photos and seeing many of the same thing on my own skin I have a theory. With IPL for age spots it is suppose react to darker pigmented areas. If you have black heads maybe it reads those black heads causing those areas to enlarge. I mean that explains the pores that look worse. The sunken areas and lines that were not there before I don't know. Has anyone brought before or after pictures to any medical person who admitted this could happen??Will fillers work on sunken check areas, if so what kind?
Hey... I talked to two different doctors who said if the laser was too hot, it can cause fat atrophy and damage to the skin and everything underneath. I have a fat transfer procedure scheduled for Feb. 20th. Not sure if I am going to go through with it.... a lot of bad reviews on here, but these doctors seem to think I need to have fat put back into my face to help fix the texture problems. Who know.... I am so tired of reading and researching this stuff.... so confusing and stressful. After TCA peel in December, skin looked so much better for a few weeks after all peeling and then back to before... well, a little better then before. I am still going to try TCA every two months this year and see what happens with that. As long as it doesn't look worse then when I started, who care at this point. It's worth a try. Anyone know someone personally that has done the fat transfer?