Taking off my Apron - Centennial, CO

While watching a local TV informational program, I...

While watching a local TV informational program, I was made aware of the tummy tuck procedure and decided to get a free consultation. I have had two children, one by C-section and have lost over 50 pounds and maintained my weight for over 3 years. Even tough I have exercised and am quite active the last several years, that darn abdominal apron just would not let me remove it! So I have decided to get it removed and my surgery date is Friday, August 9, 2013.

Taking off my apron

I decided to post my before pictures
I'm 5'4" and my current weight is 184 lbs. my highest weight was 234!
My TT is scheduled for Friday, 8/9.

All set for Friday

Well, thanks to all of my new TT friends, I feel like I am as ready as ever for this procedure on Friday. I have my Gatoraide, MOM, elastic to hold the drains when I shower, etc. I am going to a concert to hear a Canadian singer, Corb Lund, the evening before my surgery,(might be a good distraction?) I really appreciate you all!

Off to the hospital

Leaving for my TT! Will check back in when I can!

POST OP DAY 2

Slept good in rented hospital bed. Still draining about 50 cc in right drain but less than 10 cc in left drain. Will watch closely to be sure not clotting? I can't say enough about the pain control drip system inserted near the muscle repair! It really helps.
Had to take one pain pill at 4:15 am but am up in a chair drinking coffee now.
Have heard that day2 and day 3 may be a bit more challenging so am mentally prepared if that happens. I hope all my other TT buddies are doing OK. Later........

Flat Stomach!!

Went to my surgeon today- day 3 after surgery. Amazing!! Still lots of expected swelling but I was told he repaired a muscle split of 3 finger widths and removed 8 pounds of skin and abdominal fat! I am doing great with minimal discomfort ! So worth it!!!

5days PO

8 days po

Today I had my 3rd shower still with some assistance with drains. It works great to pin the drains onto one of those stretchy exercise band while showering. I went out into the back yard and did some hand watering of the garden but was careful not to get into a lot of harvesting or weeding yet.Had a protein shake for lunch and am now planning to relax and read or nap. Very little discomfort and usually only take something for pain at bedtime now. Still enjoy the rented hospital bed because I can change positions so easily. Probably could do without but minimum rental was 30 days, so I will enjoy it while it's here. 2nd po appointment is Monday so I'm wondering if my drains will be removed? They are still both draining > 50 cc per day but the color is clearing up from the dark red to a light orange with sediment. I still strip the tubing several times a day to keep them open. The compression garment sometime rolls and rubs so I put a piece of gauze if any velcro rubs and try to keep it smooth around the edges if it rolls under or to the side of my breast. The center of the cg actually feels good and supportive. Later.....

Day 10 po

Just returned from check up and had one drain removed so all will drain into one rather than 2. I am so happy with the results so far and very happy i had this done!
I had posted before pictures on this site but deleted them quickly. Now, I got a new before picture that I will scan and post. Amazing difference after only 10 days!!

Before TT

Back from doctor's appointment- day 17

Well, it looks like everything is healing just fine. Sutures removed from BB. Didn't hurt- parts of tummy are still numb. Swelling is down and PS is pleased with progress. Still have one drain that is draining 70-80 cc in 24 hours. Need to decrease to 30! I'm to call back in 3 days and plan to try to remove later this week if at all possible. I'm getting some walking in and went to the grocery store yesterday with a friend. Still get tired and need tokay down in the afternoon. Will be glad to be able to do more exercise but need to be patient and continue to heal now. Loving the results!

Day 17

A few more pictures

Day 22 PO Pictures

Day 26- feeling great!

Today, I finally got my last drain out and I feel like a new woman! I can wear the compression binder either during the day or at night but don't have to wear it 24/7. Activity level is as tolerated. I am having someone mow for me today but may mow myself next week. Have lost 7 pounds since my TT but am not concerned because I still have quite a bit of swelling that may last a couple months or more. But the bottom line is that I am so glad I had the Tummy Tuck and really am seeing a difference !!! Will add a photo soon.

Day 28

One month ago today I had my TT transformation. This morning I showered without drains and put on my new compression garment after sleeping with it off in my own bed.
Awesome! Still swollen but suture line and BB look great. Continuing the healing process. So happy with the decision!!

Day 28 frontal

Day 28 right side

7 weeks

I can't believe I am already 7 weeks post TT! I am do happy I took the risk and did this for myself. It is great to have a nice shape at age 63! No rolls to try to hide with loose clothing! I'm almost back to full activities . Went hiking in the mountains and did great. First day I hiked 4.5 miles and the 3rd day, hiked about 3 miles at 10,000 ft over the continental divide. Still very careful of my repaired abdominal muscle and do not lift heavy things, mow or do any abdominal exercises. I wear a binder or Spanks most days but can go without at night and parts of the day. Still swell a little but usually down in the mornings.
Love the transformation and I'm still healing. So worth it to have a nice shape at age 63!! Never thought that was even possible.

8 weeks!

Feeling great at 8 weeks post TT. Pretty much back to normal except I'm still careful not to strain my abdominal repair. Trying not to list heavy things and not lifting weights yet. Flat tummy except for some swelling at the end of the day . Suture line looks good. Getting ready to travel to DC, NC and SC next week. I love the way dresses fit. Before I had too many rolls to have a dress lay nicely. I love my results and would do it again in a minute!!

12 Weeks post TT / muscle repair

Today is my 12 weeks anniversary date for TT / muscle repair. I am doing great and love my results! I have a shape now at age 64 (tomorrow) I love the birthday present that I gave myself. Went to my PS last week and he is pleased also but wants me to return in February for my " after pictures" because he thinks the swelling will go down even more and the scar will fade even more. I got released for full activities but so far have only hiked and walked and done some yard work and basement cleanup. I have hesitated doing major ab toning and think I'll still wait on that but need to get back to toning , strengthening and yoga. I have been busy with a couple trips and out of town company, but time is good now before the holidays are here. All in all, I am so happy that I did this while enjoying great health. It is motivating to me to keep doing healthy things to maintain this/ or even look better next year !!

16 week update

I can't believe that it has been 16 plus weeks since my TT with muscle repair. All is still great. I still get swelling just above my pubic area and have some numbness but seems better. At times, my abdomen gets really tight. Haven't worn CG or Spanks and sure LOVE the way my clothes lay over my waist- do not miss the bulges! Lots of walking but not much strengthening/ toning yet. I plan to work out more after the holidays. Would also like to lose 10-15 pounds then but just maintaining for now. Have a reunion in May and my after pictures in February!

5 Month update

It has been 5 months in 1/9/14 since I had my TT with muscle repair. I am feeling great and have finally started going back to the gym to do strength training and toning. Up to this time, I have been walking, hiking and snowshoeing. I think I waited to do machine work because I wanted to be sure my muscle repair had healed. Then came the holidays so I decided to go for January. I am pleased but still am working on losing 10-15 pounds now that I have lost my apron! I did 2 weeks of South Beach- phase one and lost my holiday gain but I'm having trouble going lower. I do however love the loss of the bulges! I really love the feeling of having a shape again and feel feminine and sexy again.
I'll post some updated photos

Photos- at 20 weeks

10 months post Tummy Tuck

What a difference a a few months makes. I feel incredible. I just returned from a high school reunion and loved the way I felt and looked. I have a nice shape and wore a fitted dress to the party. Remember that I am 64 years old and used to have a couple large rolls! I have lost 14 pounds since my tummy tuck and am pretty close to my goal weight.
I don't swell but I do have a small amount of fatty tissue just above my pubic area that I may elect to have removed by lipo sometime around my one year appointment. My scar looks great. I'm wondering about having lipo on my back just above my waist but I haven't asked my doctor yet.
I am very happy with the results so far and would have it again in a minute knowing the results i have now.

10 months

Here is a photo of the dress that I wore at my 46 th HS reunion at about 10 months post tummy tuck
Matthew B. Baker MD, PhD

Dr. Baker is very well qualified and he did a great job. Very courteous and professional.

Looking great lady. So glad to hear from you...can't believe you are 10 months PO. How wonderful you must have felt at the reunion. Congrats! :-DSuzy
Thanks Suzy! Yes- I'm feeling great and hope you are too!
Cindy63, I can't thank you enough for sharing your story and pictures. I am 62 and active, but heavier than I would like. My TT with muscle repair is scheduled for February 28 and I can't wait! I have lost 60 pounds with diet and exercise and have an apron of low-hanging skin that I just hate. I think I have been afraid to lose the next 20 pounds because I am afraid the apron will get worse! So, I have found a surgeon I trust and a facility I like, so will get the work done. I just decided I couldn't wait to be at my ideal weight. Thanks for all the info and inspiration. Hope you continue to do well.
Congratulations Picklejama on your weight loss and decision to move forward. You will love it when your apron is gone! Even still about 15-20 pounds away from my ideal weight, I can wear a dress without a sweater or jacket to hide my rolls. I have a shape! Now, I am excited to lose a few more pounds to see how that will enhance my figure even more. We have many more years to live and we might as well be able to feel really great about our bodies! I love feeling sexy at 64!! Hugs to you and thank you for letting me know that I may have been a factor in your transformation !
Good for you, getting off the holiday weight. You are disciplined, and that's what will keep you lookin good ;-). Thanks for sharing and continued good healing to you
Thanks HappySuzy!! Best of luck to you on your upcoming TT / muscle repair. Will be following your posts!
Your incision is nice and low like mine :-)
Yes- your incision looks great in all your photos! Also your flat tummy looks fabulous! Congratulations
Thank you!!! ☺
You look great...
Thanks chicaLa! Your pictures look really good too!!
Your scar looks better than mine and I'm three and half months post op. I wonder if mine is EVER going to lighten up. Oh well, nobody sees it so I won't fret about it too much.
My scar has healed really well but has really just started to fade at 5 months post TT. I hear it fades more over time and really gets better after a year. Keep the hope! I'm sure yours will improve even more with time too!!
Thanks, maybe at 5 months it will get with the program.
You are looking great. The scar looks nice and flat. It will be so nice for you to go for the after pics, you will be even happier with your results by then. Best birthday present ever for you I bet.
You look wonderful!
congratulations. Please keep in touch Would love to know how you are progressing. I worked out pretty regularly prior to my TT ( I am 8 days PO) . Really hate the drains but I am draining less than 30 CC per day now. Hopefully the drains will come out on the 30th.
Looking good!
Looking awesome!!! :)
Hey there. Just wanted to let you know, that in addition to a couple other gals here on RS, YOU make me feel hopeful for my own TT. If you check my profile, you'll see I am having my TT for the same reason as you I think. Want to get rid of my apron so I can become more mobile and fit in and look better in my clothes. Already had a breast reduction which has made a world of difference. Think the TT will finish what I've started. I too want to lose a little more weight and just keep this bod a movin' ! Anyway, just wanted to tell you how you have helped and motivated me, so THANK YOU for sharing your journey along with pics. Bless you and Happy Holidays and have a wonderful new year ;-)
What a wonderful note to read from you. You made my day. Thank you! I hope you have a wonderful holiday season and welcome to the flat side in 2014!!! I will be watching for your posts and cheering you on!
Looking hood lady. I'm getting ready for mine in January. Hope I do as well as you. Looks like you healed up nice. Your scar is nice and thin. Congrats and continued good healing and improvement. Happy holidays ;-)
Thank you HappySuzy! Excited for you in January! I hope you do well also. It is quite the journey but I would do it all over in a heartbeat! Have a wonderful holiday!
Congrats on your recovery you look great! I'm 18 weeks & love my results:) I'm still extremely tight & still swell up after much activity but it'll all heal with time.
Looking good at 12 weeks!!! It will only get better! Once you've healed completely you can get back into working on those abs. I'll be 8 weeks post op tomorrow and did a 7 mile hike (much of it uphill) yesterday and had no trouble at all keeping up with the fittest (and much younger person) in the group! It felt great and I had no pain afterwards either! I'm a bit afraid of doing abs so I'll hold off with that for a few weeks longer.