Removed my 'Meme' Implants 'en bloc' (with lift) May 8th 2013 After 25 Years ~

Today is the 27th of March..Last week i scheduled...

Today is the 27th of March..Last week i scheduled surgery for removal of my implants along with a breast (anchor) lift. I have been reading all the posts here and they are helping me tremendously, as this is a something i have wanted to do for the last five years but didn't have the money, or i had fears of the surgery. Anyway it's time to get these things out. I am sixty two and although i am slender i just feel that they are too large.. and my left breast has contracted somewhat because it feels a little hard. Also with the years they seem to have become huge!!

I live in Mexico now and wanted to be sure i would have a good surgeon so had consults with three different ones. I decided to go with a very popular surgeon here where i am living as a friend of mine had had the same procedure done by him about seven years ago. and her results were beautiful.

Six weeks seems like an eternity and i can hardly wait. I am literally counting the days. The doctor was fully booked though (good sign) and couldn't get me in any earlier.

Three weeks to go and i am on this site every day...

Three weeks to go and i am on this site every day reading everyone's experiences. I just checked this Mercola article out :http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/11/18/dr-kolb-discusses-breast-implants.aspx
My doctor is taking them out 'en bloc' which means the whole capsule.but says i will only have the drains for one day. I am going to ask him about this when i go in because i absolutely do not want fluid accumulation. Oh it's all so nerve racking. Wish it were over. Three more weeks and counting every day..

Today is 1st of May and next Tuesday the 7th i go...

Today is 1st of May and next Tuesday the 7th i go into the hospital for my explant which will be the following morning. I can hardly believe it's so close...have mixed feelings sometimes feel very excited and at the same time feeling nervous. I can't wait though to get these things OUT!!They feel sooo big. I am wondering how long before i will be able to exercise and do long walks again. My daughter says she is excited for me...she has never seen me with little boobs. Anyway i have ordered my Marena bra in a small since i am 28 1/2inches under the breast. (Hope it fits) if not i still have my medium genie bras and a champion sports bra... i've been wearing sports bras for years in the hopes of squashing them down..lol The surgeon will provide the post surgery bra but i've a feeling it will be so ugly..will update again as it gets closer.

Two days more with my melons!! Tomorrow at 4:30...

Two days more with my melons!! Tomorrow at 4:30 the doctor sends someone to pick me up and bring me to the Hospital in Celaya (I'm in San Miguel de Allende) then Wednesday OUT with them!!

Going into hospital tomorrow to prepare for the...

Going into hospital tomorrow to prepare for the surgery early Wednesday. Was jittery all day today and yesterday but feeling better now as i have talked to the doctors assistant about a few things and tomorrow will meet with the doctor shortly after i am admitted. Wish my daughter and grandson were here with me..but my boyfriend will be able to spend the two nights in the hospital with me..it's all included in the price:) For pain meds i will apparently be given an IV before surgery and it will stay in place for 24 hours. Of course i shall ask the doctor what kind of pain meds!!! Very excited can barely wait for this to be over with :) Will you all please keep me in your thughts on Wednesday and say a little prayer for me?? Thankyou girls for all the support you've given me. Huggzz and love to everyone :)

Feeling a bit tired so i won't update much...They...

Feeling a bit tired so i won't update much...They are OUT!! I did forget though to ask the doctor for my implants :( When he came later and i asked him. . he told me they had already been disposed of. He did say he took them out en bloc with no problems or rupture and will send me the photos :) (Can't wait to see) I asked them not to withdraw the pain meds as i don't like metamizole..so i'll just take a little parecetomol... Excited to be rid of them but will feel better in a few days..night night all.. and thankyou for being there with me on this journey.

Well i am on my 3rd day post explant and just...

Well i am on my 3rd day post explant and just really happy to feel my natural breasts again and know that those horrible bags are out. I didn't expect to have so much tissue. I was a B cup pre implant and then post implant was a C. Then over the years with a little weight shifting around (and menopause) my breasts went to a D. I am sore though not in pain..i just have to be careful not to pull hard on anything or bump into anything. Overall i am thrilled with my results and only wish i had found this resource and the lovely ladies on it a lot sooner. Love all of you xx

Ladies..if any of you would like to be my friend...

Ladies..if any of you would like to be my friend on FB that would be great..You can find me under Anis Hdz....I just feel i know you all as in a sisterhood!! :)

My doctor just came to my condo to check on me and...

My doctor just came to my condo to check on me and remove just a couple of sutures and the ones i had on my upper eyelids. I am SOOOOOOOOOOO happy with the results. I feel so much lighter. I am really praying for a miracle.. that maybe the arrythmia will subside I have paroxysmal Multi focal Tachycardia (It's like atrial fibrillation) Paroxysmal means occasionally and sudden onset. I really do think these things can cause problems in some women. Anyway just feeling very grateful at the moment :) Love to all of you lovely ladies who are also on the road to recovery, not only physically but in a very spiritual way too. xx

Photos

Still very bruised but here's a photo 9 days PO without bra

cleavage!!

With no bra!

Forgot to add Day 10

Stitches won't come out until Friday...can hardly wait!! Hope the bruising will be almost gone but i'll post photos then. The doctor told me NOT to put ice on them..I ws really wondering about that but found out today from his liason Dawn...that in breast lift and repositioning the nipple he wants to be sure the blood supply is good.

Photos 12 days PO withut tape

More photos!!

Cleavage

Wow!! Funny t..o have this..but know they will 'shrink!! But that's ok, i love them small

Stitches out today....YEAH!!!

Shall post photos later...have some hardness on my right side..wonder what that is? Hope to get all my questions answered today.

FB

Just to let any of you know...If you want to friend me on FB please be aware i am a vegetarian...and also an animal/earth rights type of person..One of my purposes on FB is to educate people about the sensitivity of other sentient creatures besides us humans..ok if you are not..but just to let you know :) xx

Front view of my little ones

Side view (small)

Some cleavage ..yeah!!!

Compression how long?

I am almost at my 4 week PO mark...since i had a breastlift as well as removal en bloc i feel that i will benefit by wearing a compression bra for awhile, even though my doctor has told me i can start to wear regular bras. I look so 'flat' with my compression and am thinking that when i go to dance maybe just at those times i could wear a regular bra..Any thoughts welcome!! :) Thanks

Trying different clothing now!!!

I had to try something sexy on...couldn't resist..but i am still wearing my compression bra for 100% healing.
They are small (actually the fotos make them appear a little larger) but really pretty!!! YEAH!! :) I am still wearing tape and don't know how the scarring will be but not concerned at this point. Still a bit more healing to go but all in all very pleased..

Post Op almost 5 weeks Pics

As you can see i am left with scarring :(
It will fade a lot i know within the next few months...this is my first day without tape . I have to put it back on. As you can see there is still bruising. It's a long process but it's wonderful to be natural, warm and soft again. Wish my nipples were a bit higher though and smaller! They look beautiful under clothes, and with a push up bra (this is a 34 B) they look bigger!! I am still going to wear my compression bras though for another month..

Computer crashed!! :(

My computer crashed so i am on my Sweetie´s computer occasionally...should have one up and running in a couple of weeks so please don´t think i´m ignoring you (anyone)

My healing process

Almost three months now, and i have an appointment on the 9th to see about a little revision. My left breast has a little fold of excess skin..not that noticeable, and i have some post imflammatory hyperpigmentation around my left nipple that will just take time to fade.. i think the doc may inject a steroid to lessen the pigmentation ..not sure yet what he plans to do..anyway all in all i love them and still so happy to be rid of the bags and they were old bags!! As they began to heal and i noticed the scarring more i did become a little down..but that didn't last long lol I wasn't going to post these pics because they are not very nice but in clothes i look great and much more youthful.

New photo, and small revision coming up..

Well it's been a little while since i wrote anything on this forum but wanted to update a little. I shall be having a little revision surgery done on 14th October at which time i shall post more pics..that little bit of skin under my left breast is not really noticeable but my doctor kindly offered to do a light revision if i wanted, he also injected a little steroid into the scar tissue where i hyperpigmented and it is starting to slowly fade....so what the heck!!! I've come this far...meanwhile this is how they look in a bathing suit!! I am Happy :)

Revision surgery today photos

Today at 5 months Post op i had a little revision outpatient surgery. When i arrived i was in arrythmia, and with a lot of anxiety. I thought he would not be able to do the surgery..He did however calm me down, gently reassuring me that it was ok...he would be checking everything and that i would be fine.. It was a breeze and only took him about twenty minutes, his nurses were lovely. Dr. Barrera is very calm and confident and kind. I knew i was in good hands. Anyway here are some photos, and in 9-10 days he will do a home visit to remove the stitches.

After revision...

Had small scar revision in October but it is already lessening ..I think within a year the scarring will be minimul..I am very happy with the way they feel and my boyfriend loves them..he never liked the implants..lol

Before

Just before explant...my round balls..

AtNine months post..Before and after lol

Still scarring but slowly fading anyway love my look!!

A year later

Well they still have scarring but i had a revision in October so that slowed the healing process. I am so so happy to be natural again. I feel more feminine, petite and healthy. I love how they look even with the scarring they still feel warm, soft and i'm very happy with the shape. :)
Dr. Carlos Barrera

I cannot say enough good things about this caring doctor!! I chose Dr. Barrera, because he has removed implants before and understood perfectly when i told him i wanted them removed "en block", A: I have had them in for more than 15 years B:. Given the fact they are textured they will have adhered to my own tissue. He also showed me photos of removed implants and his breastlift work. I feel very confident in his abilities. One of two doctors wanted the same fee, but showed me no before or after photos, and didn´t give me enough information. The third doctor who is a personal friend felt that it would be difficult to remove them without poor aesthetic results, and didn´t want to risk our friendship. I am very pleased with my results. The hospital and after care were exceptional.

You look beautiful and I can't believe you're anywhere near 63!!!! Thank you for sharing your story!
How kind thank you!!! Sometimes I have a hard time believing it too ..lol!!! xx
you really do look fantastic, thanks for posting.
Aw thank you!! xx
You look great! Hope you feel great :)
Yes I love feeling soft and natural and my boyfriend likes me better this way too!! Natural is more beautiful xx
Hope all is well and you're enjoying your summer.
Thanks Bella!! You too and happy your arms are looking great!! xx
Thanks :) i am feeling great!!
Thanks for sharing your experience. You look amazing! I have had my implants for 23 years and feel I waiting too long to have them removed. I too was a size B, went to a full C, then grew with age to a D. I am rather petite with an athletic build. My surgery is scheduled for September 11, just the removal, not lift. I may decide on a lift later if I can afford it and if needed. How is your scarring? I wonder if it would be beneficial to make a trip to Mexico to see your doctor! I live in the San Francisco Bay Area where everything here is so expensive. Thanks again for your inspirational story!
Hi, I was wondering, since you are already scheduled for surgery, maybe the Dr would give a good deal on adding the lift to the same sx. You may not need it at all though. Just a though for paying, CareCredit is a card that gives 1 year no interest on larger medical purchases. I've put all my surgeries on it and would rather keep my $ in the bank and pay over a year than all at once. Just a suggestion.
Sorry, now I see you already had your procedures. Good luck!
My scarring scared me in the beginning ...it was worse than i thought it would be and I did have a small revision. One implant was really stuck to my chest and encapsulated though not so visibly. It has been a little more than a year since i had them removed and the scarring is gradually fading, it takes a good year (at least in my case) I do think in another year the scarring will be almost gone.. I enjoy looking at their new perky shape. They have fluffed so much in one year and at 63 i feel my breasts look perkier than a lot of 30 year olds. My daughter says 'it's not fair" !! lol The office doesn't want me to post what i paid but you can post me privately...
Thanks for the CareCredit info. I just told my by dear friend about this. She had twins 7years ago and would love a tummy tuck, but has no money to afford the procedure....I am going to wait to see how my skin bounces back after the removal before deciding on a lift. Also, am having my insurance cover the surgery. They will not cover anything cosmetic. I will start with the removal, which is what I really want.
Thanks for the reply. I'm so glad you had a good experience. I'm worried as well about the removal since they have been in my body for so long and they are textured, double shell silicone/ saline implants. Oh, did you do local or general anesthesia? My PS wants to do local, but I am worried about the extra time if the capsules need to be removed. I'm guessing they will need to be removed due to the age of my implants and the slight contraction.
No need for prices, it's all relative, where you live, who you use, who your comfortable with, what you can afford..... So glad to hear that the changes continue to get better. I just had a severe breast lift a few days ago and one side looks amazing (I've NEVER had perky breasts, the other side looks very deformed.). I am telling myself it is too soon to worry and everything will fall into shape with time. It's what the doctor had to work with. I opted for no implants, even though I changed my mind daily, even at surgery, but the dr stuck to the plan and no implants. I am SO happy that it didn't get them. I do not need to have large breasts to be beautiful. The are big enough for me so far and from what I read the will fluff more. Thank you for your comments and help, it had truly been helpful to me.
I just looked below and saw your comment on bra size....
Light, You had an excellent outcome! I did not get a lift after explant but am looking for a surgeon now to perform a lift and scar revision. What bra size are you now?
I am small 34 b depending on bra. Sometimes I like to look small chested....other times a bit fuller depending on occasion...but bras can do lots!! Lol ;)
I read your review and you look great. I would have never thought 63 NO WAY! Rejoice with your new girls. ;)
Thanks so much....love them small and perky. Makes me feel ten years younger. Xx
WOOOHOOOOO! That always feels great.
You look lovely I wander what a good bra would be Im a size 38 B Im not to fond of the padded molded bras LOL I have a few I will be modeling several on the 15th will be my three month Mark!!! I have bought so many LOL hard to wear them all LMFAO!!!!!!! What is your final size look alot bittier with out the implants :)
I recently lost 70 lbs and want to have a breast lift. The doctor and everyone else in the office recommend silicone (even small ones) to have some fullness on top. I don't think I want the added implants. Ideas???
Hi finally lighter, it's been my experience and the experience of many women who have shared their explant stories on this site that if you decided you want a lift, then you should stick to your intentions. Don't be swayed by the views and opinions of others. My advice... keep reading the stories and reaching out to your realself friends so you can confidently make an informed decision. The concept of "Upper pole fullness" sounds great, but the reality of living with it is a totally different experience.