Mini Tummy Tuck with Smart Lipo on Thighs and Stomach - Cedar Park, TX

3 Weeks Post-op I am turning 40 in December and...

3 Weeks Post-op
I am turning 40 in December and wanted to do something big for my birthday. Well my thighs are big and my stomach is big so.... I decided that I would finally get the body I have been working for for almost 10 years. I just got a divorce and my lovely ex-husband managed to lose 80 lbs. and drop like 10 inches around his waist in 6 months. That made me crazy so I joined Curves with no results after 4 months of diet and exercise. I actually gained 2 lbs. and added an inch to my butt! I am just really tired of not fitting in my clothes I bought a year ago and I REFUSE to buy a bigger size. Ain't nobody got time for that! I have a little settlement from the divorce and you only live once, right? So I scheduled a free consultation with Beleza Med Spa in Cedar Park Texas after thoroughly watching Dr Lawrence Broder's YouTube videos. I met with his nurse the first go round and she looked at me very quickly and told me that physically I would make a good candidate. I had mostly fatty areas around my mid-section and thighs to get rid of with a lot of loose skin around my mid-section as well. She also told me I would probably need a mini tummy tuck for this extra skin but the Doc could just use my C-Section incision. She quoted me a price of $4599 for the smart lipo around the belly and mini tummy tuck, then $999 for the lip on the thighs. This came out to $5599. I told her that the amount was a little high and she told me about the financing program which I happily agreed upon. Luckily my credit is still good!
I went back for the pre-op with the surgeon about 4 days later. He asked me some questions about my health history and told me to take down my pants. I was like, "You're not even going to offer me a drink first?" He pulled and tugged at my skin and told me that i have a lot of loose skin so he would have to do a mini tummy tuck. He had to check with his assistant to make sure she had included this in the price she had given me, which she had. So that was all taken care of and I am very excited about my procedure on Sept. 12!!! I am not nervous yet because I am so sick of this fat being on my body!!! I have had two C-Sections, (one emergency), Varicose Veins stripped out of my leg, a LEEP procedure and arthroscopic surgery on my left knee. I think I can totally handle this! But I will make sure to keep you guys updated on how the procedure goes and how the pain compares to these other procedures I have had done. Here are some pictures of me 3 weeks Pre-Op... not great pictures but you see my major problem areas!

OOps! I meant Pre-Op!

I accidentally wrote Post-Op in my last review title! If those were post-op pictures I would be very angry at my surgeon. LOL! I am 2 weeks pre surgery now and I am wondering if I am doing the right thing. I have just started taking classes again after a failed marriage and 11 years of being a stay-at-home Mom. I am studying Dental Hygiene so I can try to make a living for me and my two girls. I am worried that the surgery is going to interfere with my classes. How long should I give myself for recovery time? Is it really only 2-3 days for a mini tummy tuck and lipo? I guess everyone is different but I don't want to be all goofed up on pain meds when I go to class. I have a 40 year old brain already and this school thing is already hard enough! I am wondering if I should postpone the surgery. I really want to get it done because I have become so obsessed with this extra fat, I have not been able to concentrate on much else. It sucks. So, I would like to get it done ASAP!

About One Week to Go!

Okay. So I have about a week to go. I am having my surgery Sept.12. and i just feel like I am packing on the pounds. I am not eating any differently, in fact, I totally stopped going to fast food places, but i just feel....bloated. I guess I am wanting to know if I am going to see real results after the tummy tuck and lipo. I just feel so gross now, like none of my clothes that fit 2 months ago are fitting now. I exercise. A lot. I walk 2 miles a night and do Curves strength training. I can't imagine how big I would be without exercising! Geeze. I am also worried about gaining back the weight after the surgery. If anything I want to step up my workout routine but I am feeling like it isn't going to do any good. I guess I am feeling down on myself and a little hopeless. I just feel so bad about myself after my divorce and my husband losing 10 pants sizes. I know I need to get over it. I am doing this for myself, not him. I want to feel comfortable in clothes again. Anyway, he's the one that gave me this pooch by getting me pregnant! LOL!
Anyway, encouragement needed! :)

Decided to go With the Saddle bags first

Well, I was having second thoughts on doing the mimiTT because of all the things I read on here about the recovery time. I called Beleza Spa and talked to Tori. She was incredibly nice and we agreed that I would start with the saddle bags so my recovery time would be less. That way I can schedule the mini TT when there was not much going on.
Anyway, it worked out. These people are so nice and respectful, and the doctor even cracked a smile a couple of times during surgery. (love trying to get serious people to smile) The only part that felt weird but not painful was the initial shot of numbing juice that was added first. It felt like a tool used to crimp pie crust was being moved under my skin. Weird, but not painful. The initial shots were not too bad either. Just a little bee sting. They made sure I stayed calm with meds and all I felt through the process of sculpting was a little heat every now and again. Not a big deal either. When I was done, I was wrapped up with gauze and put in a compression garment which is not bad at all. The only thing is that it is already soaked with blood and other fluids! Yuck! I can wash it tomorrow but now I understand why people buy two! It has been about 6 hours after the surgery and i am feeling pretty good. And yes, I am looking for food to eat, eat, eat, So I need to be better about that.WATER & VEGGIES! But I want OREOS!!! I was told I could even start walking tonight! So, now I am SO ready for the MiniTT. I am not so scared about it and Beleza Spa in Cedar Park was top notch!
Dr. Lawrence D. Broder, MD

Hi lady, I'm also a mommy if two w two csections and I live in cedar park if u can least call me.. I am thinking about a tummy tuck im older than u 43 . .. and works like to talk about your experience. Maybe be can get some coffee at starbucks I would really love to talk to u...
Hope your doing great ! I'm always thinking about you .
How are you feeling ? I hope your doing good .
Hey girl how are you feeling ?
Very sore and extremely bruised but I am not taking anything stronger than Tylenol. So I see that as a positive. I am still swollen so I see absolutely no difference. I think that is fairly typical though. He told me it would take at least 3 weeks for the swelling to go down but dang! the bruising is pretty extreme!
I'm happy to hear from you . I'm sure your real swollen . I'm sure there is a difference . I'm happy your doing ok . Hope you get to feeling better .
I'm happy that it went well and your doing good . As for the MTT you can always get that another time like you said .
Good luck today !
Tomorrow is your big day ! I'm so happy for you . Did you buy a binder or do you get one from your PS ? I haven't asked mine about it yet . There isn't much on here about MTT . I don't know what all I will need .
3 days to go ! I bet your so excited . What time is your surgery ?
Thursday at 9:00!
Don't worry hunny, your just nervous that's all, and rightly so, this will be a huge change for you. But you are moving forward with your life and look at it as a new adventure. The next chapter of your life, it's all up to you now to make the ending..Make it a good one!!! you'll be fine...YAY!!! So excited for you..I am now almost 3 weeks post op and I feel awesome. A few little twangs in my belly but nothing to worry about I'm sure that's sure it healing. I expected it to be really painful but it wasn't. I didn't even need pain meds. so it's different for everyone. Don't sit at home and eat because you can't do anything after your surgery, you'll hate yourself afterwards..Start that new diet regime, drink lots of water and get heaps as much sleep as much as your body needs. Very excited for you.. xx
Are they going to do any Muscle repair when doing mini tummy? My mini tummy I didn't have muscle repair and I didn't have any real pain. I was fine taking the pain medicine. I had breast loft and implants too. I didn't have lipo so I can't say about that. Everyone is different and doctors I think have a lot to do with results as well. Is it worth it? My breast I would say yes for sure my mini tummy id say yes but it took me longer to feel that way than loving my new breasts. I gained weight after surgery and I was swollen I'm only 5'3 so when I gain 5-10 pounds it shows more so on me (being short sucks at times) I'd do it all again and it sounds like to me you need to do something for you I don't know you or can't tell from pictures what I'd say to do to get the happiest result but I'd say yes do for you. Have you gained weight by the scale or do you just feel like you have lately? I'm recently divorced as well and did my surgery with my settlement :) I also am thinking of starting a school to get a trade to support myself and my daughter. :). How do you like dental hygienist so far ? Good luck!!
Wow! It sounds like we have a lot in common! I am not doing muscle repair with the mini TT. I am not sure what it means. Does it give you more muscle definition? I don't really need that! I just want to fit into a size 6 pair of pants and rock them! I am 5'2" so I know what you mean about gaining just a couple pounds. it all seems to go right to my ass and thighs. So I am also getting lipo on my thighs. I was going to have everything done at the same time, but my surgeon added the mini TT after he did his initial examination and told me not all of it should be done at the same time. So I wonder how long I have to wait for the thighs! Somebody posted not to have junk food in the house after the surgery. I'll have to get rid of those Oreo cookies that I bought for my girls! LOL! I love the fact I am taking classes at Austin Community College. If you can afford it (or get financial aid) you should DEFINITELY do it! It is helping me get out of the "divorce funk". I really enjoy having to think academically again. I love to challenge myself. Again, thanks for the encouragement and I will def. post pictures after.
I am 9 weeks post op Girl there's a lot of things that you should be ready for that I wish some one told me. :) Lets see Ur back is gonna hurt so bad cuz u can't stand straight It's gonna be hard to sit to use the restroom The pain pills can constipated you take em with a lax The drainage sucks I would get up every couple of hrs at nite to walk round so I don't get blood clots OMG the throwing up sometimes it just comes out have bags or trash cans ready The garment they give u does suck I bought a tight under garment like a spanx from target Oh and if eating is out of control. BE VERY CAREFUL AFTER when ur at home. Do not have junk food cuz u do get a lil depressed and its better not to hv the food around. Oh or lips will be different ( from dwn there) found that out the day of my surgery. For two weeks you'll hv to sleep in crunch position You need help to get up U will hv sore tummy muscles The incision will feel ropy and hard it should fade away Stomach will feel numb for up to 6 months final results will be in a yr I am 2 months out and I feel fat I hear it is normal Can't do regular workouts yet when I jog it feels weird I tried on some old jeans n they feel like they did b4 only without no muffin top I love results I still feel swollen and in this heat fat too Just keep in mind that every week you will feel better Every month you look better 6 months for swelling to be finally gone and a yr for results One thing I strongly recommend is to not have JUNK FOOD at home Cuz u will eat it and feel bad after!!! Hope this helped
Thanks for telling me about all of the experiences you went through after your surgery. I think everyone is different on how they heal and the level of pain they can take. Have you ever had a C-Section? I wonder if the healing is similar? It was not fun either, but at least I know what it feels like a little! :) I love your advice on not keeping junk food in the house. I tend to eat when I am depressed, but I will just dream about the body I am going to have and I won't eat like a crazy person. LOL! I will keep you updated. Again, thank you for the reply!!
I've never had a c-section ,. I eat when I'm bored and being locked up for a month can take a toll on u lol So if u eat when depressed better not to have it at home :)
Did you have a mini TT or full?
I had a full blown TT not sure bout the mini lol don't the the diff between them but my muscles from abdomen were sore and my stomach area is still numb I had a lot of fat n my stomach and there is none there anymore I also had lipo on the flanks and inner thighs and fat transfer to butt.
Good luck hunny, hope all goes well for you..you won't regret it..xx
I'm excited for you!!! Please post pics after your procedure, hopefully I'm right behind you and getting the same stuff done! Are you doing local or general anesthesia?
Local is when they don't put you all the way under, right? It was the same with my C-Section. I was still awake, but could not feel much. it was just like a POP~! and then I felt a breeze in my tummy area and then....BABY! :)LOL!
Yes but I think an epidual is different than local anesthetics. I had 3 c-sections & the epidural completely numbs everything from the waist down, local anesthesia is administered by q shot but only numbs a specific & smaller area. That's what my PS wantsto for my mini tuck & smartlipo but some doctors think that's a bad idea so Idk what to do :/
Your going to look great . Don't get down ! Your soon to have the body you have wanted .
So happy for you ! Sorry about your divorce . I'm so anxious to see your results . I'm thinking about having a mini TT because my sis on here doesn't think I need a full TT . If I could only take off one wk end from work I could do it now .