Best . Birthday. Ever. - Castle Rock, CO

Hello!! I have been reading posts on this site for...

Hello!! I have been reading posts on this site for about 5 months now. This website truly is a blessing. I feel like it's only fair that I give back and write a review about my mommy makeover experience.
The "Mommy Makeover" has been on my radar since the day I gave birth to my first son. (About 10 years ago!) How could I be so young and have a granny body?? Any ways, I gave birth to two more healthy active boys . I'm a 31 year old mommy of three wonderful boys. When I'm not taking care of the home or working in the salon, we are on the baseball field. I was absolutely nuts for scheduling this surgery in the middle of the season!!!
I started by Google -ing day in and day out all the information I could find about the procedure. Then after a few months of researching surgeons in Colorado I came across Dr. Rhee by word of mouth from a friend. I had three consultations with him. I felt like I would have more and more questions after each visit , and he was never opposed to see me again to discuss the surgery! My wonderful husband finally made all my dreams come true by agreeing to this life changing procedure and putting down the cash!! (He's just always worried about me!!)
I cleared my schedule at work for a month, made all arrangements for care afterwards for me and the kiddos (hubby had to leave for a business trip two days after surgery! ) and began the month long waiting game for the big day!
That month of April was like mommy makeover month. That's all I could possibly think about. It wasn't the surgery itself....it was all the crap afterwards that made me worry...running the household and what recovery was going to be like! I have read every kind of review on this site. So I felt prepared for just about anything. I realized it took three people to manage my day to day schedule with these boys of mine!!
I spent mommy makeover April gathering all my supplies. Thanks to all these reviews I kinda made up my own list.
Non stick Gauze pads
Colace
Laxative suppositories (trust me on this one!!)
Recliner (a MUST) I just have a nice leather one
Shower chair
All my prescribed meds
I'm not big on clutter and massive amounts of crap laying around. These are the only things I bought to prepare and it was perfect.
The week before surgery I was so on edge. I was a bear to be around. I'm usually happy go lucky!!
The night before surgery I didn't sleep a wink! Not one little wink. I guess it didn't matter, I was about to have a six hour nap in the OR. We arrived at the hospital at 5:30. My poor hubby was a nervous wreck. I was nervous but I think I was so ready to do the thing you know!! You get to that point where you've thought and thought and researched and researched....it's just time!
Whatever the hell the sleepy time doc gave me in my iv was fabulous. I had zero cares in the world . Before I knew it I was off to lala land and woke up with an amazing set of new boobies! (And a flat little tummy to go with it)
I stayed overnight at the hospital which was amazing. Highly recommend that. You have constant care and no worries . I can't imagine being home right after that surgery. Pain wise , I have a high tolerance for pain . I had three c sections and took Tylenol after with nothing else. With this surgery I did take dilaudid about every 4-6 hours and never had terrible pain. It was more uncomfortable than anything. Like super tight all through the front of my body. Weird to breath , but hey, with that reflection, I'll take it!!
Overall my recovery has been awesome. Little tiny bruising, incisions looks awesome, little pain, had fabulous bowel movements...super tight, super tired, weird pulling sensations. I wish all of you super happy, speedy, recoveries and may your mommy makeover dreams come true !!!!! Thankyou so much to real self for really preparing me for what to expect!!! Xoxoxo

wow!!!!!

I keep forgetting to take a peak at my new self right when I wake up . That was my mission this morning. I'm 9 days post and WOWZA! !! My tummy is so flat and my girls and looking so good!!!! Happy Wednesday friends !

To the Doc...

Although most everyone complains about compression garments...I think it's way more comfy then that hospital binder. I went to see Dr. Rhee today and got my garments as well as sutures removed from nipple and under my breasts. Everything looks good!!
I am way happy about this compression garment because of how much better it looks under clothes. Have to wear it for one month....ready, set, go.

Good weekend, Very emotional

So most everything you read in all these reviews can be applied to your individual situation in some way! I was so emotional this weekend! Days 12 and 13 and probably today as well! #1) I started my period #2) I'm thinking it's a sign my body is ridding itself from all the heavy meds #3) my stupid achilles flared up!
Prior to surgery I have been battling achilles tendonitis. It reared it's ugly head last night. Can't walk without my boot. So frustrating. I know it only lasts a few days but I am feeling so good post op I'm ready to join humanity again. I see ortho on Thurs and start anti inflammatories and PT hoping to get rid of it once and for all.
I'm a super positive person, and the emotional period still came to visit. Cried watching JT last night on Oprah. ...strange . He is so dreamy though.
Update on my fabulous MM: 2 weeks ago today! I'm barely sore at all today. My hubby made me laugh so stupid hard yesterday and I'm still not sore today. My girls look amazeballs. My swelling has really gone down today. Still in love with my new reflection! Hope for some new pics today

I suck at selfies!

Today was a big day! I showered without feeling super uncomfortable taking off my cg. I had if off for about 30 minutes and was able to stand and breathe normal! Still swollen right around my incision, but way smaller than last week! Yay!
Took some selfies. Loving how I look in clothes! ( And out of clothes! Ha!) But I really suck at naked faceless selfies! Also, I never thought I would love my tt scar....but it's weird cause I do! I think it looks perfect and thin. I'm only 2 weeks and a few days and it already looks that good! Dr. Rhee has mad skills and so much talent. My bruising and scaring was so so minimal. He's a true artist!

better picture

A better picture of my new friends.....I love them!!!

3 weeks post op!

Monday marked three weeks in my new body. It's funny to show my girlfriends my before pictures . I guess they all assumed I just had a rockin bod, but it's amazing what you can do with a pair of cutlets, designer jeans and a good bra. But those days are over friends . No more illusions! I finally look how I've always wanted.
I went to see Dr. Rhee yesterday. It's hard to express to your surgeon what this surgery has really done for you without being mushy and probably weird for him! But every time I see him I get emotional. Maybe it's the results, or the amazing care I received or both. I cannot ever thank him enough.
He removed all my glue from my incisions. They look amazing. Now starting with scar care. He gave me a few creams and potions to try.
I really really struggled with breast size. It took three app with him to figure out what I truly wanted and I am happy to say I think we nailed it. I started by saying I wanted just a lift and a small amount of volume ....but that was what I thought my husband wanted . So when I really truly thought about what I wanted, it was a much bigger size. I'm a curvy girl, I'm am so so so happy I listened to my inner self. I started wanting 250 cc and ended up with 360cc. Perfect. They're coming along nicely!!

swelling....

Still swollen in the tummy tuck scar, but in the morning I have a line that runs down the middle of my tummy! I've never had a line !!!!!!

a few things...

I keep forgetting to mention a few noticeable differences about Dr. Rhee ' s method of care.
#1) I didn't ever have to walk hunched over !!!! That's a huge difference from other surgeons. He said it was something he did with my incision, not quite sure why
#2) I can already wear a real bra!!! Yiippeee
#3) he used glue for my incisions , not steri strips. Thank God. I had steri strips for my c sections and they're aweful.

um....how about this little beauty?

So I don't think I've ever really liked myself in a bathing suit! Until now!! It's always been because of my friends up top. Well not anymore. Cannot wait to sport this little number at the pool in a few weeks! ( lucky for me I live in colorado so I get a few more weeks of tummy recovery till its pool season)
Monday marked 4 whole weeks since my mommy makeover! Today is my first day back to work. My clients are begging for my return. There's hair to be done people!! I feel really really good the past few days. Not as tired. The exhaustion was definitely my biggest issue. Getting less every day. My tummy is still tender. My girls have weird feeling every now and then. Realized I cannot wear most of my old shirts. It's time for more fitted tops! (Or else I look like I'm wearing a tent!) Happy healing friends !!

Back to work!

I'm a part time stay home mommy and a part time stylist. Yesterday was my first day back to work and it went great! I was worried about how it would go, but other than some tugging and pulling at the end of the day...it went pretty smooth. I wasn't even exhausted. Not a ton of swelling either! Continuing my mommy role was much harder actually! I think after this point, it's just gonna be the day to day grind and my results will just get more and more amazing.
It's weird not seeing Dr. Rhee and his staff! I don't see them again till end of june. I got so used to seeing them over and over again.

5 weeks!

5 weeks post op today! Now that I have started back to work, days fly by. My energy levels have come back significantly. I'm no longer exhausted at the end of the day. I noticed that changing last week. I have an hour glass figure in the mirror! Yay for that! My girls have settled alot this week. Less and less swelling every day.
My PS cleared me for light cardio at week three. So this week I have actually stepped it up and am breaking a sweat during my workout. I started with 30 minutes and have worked up to add 15 minutes of resistance too. Yay! Makes me happy to workout again.
Had a little retail therapy today....first time shopping with the girls. Super fun.

5 week pics

New pics for five weeks. I also got a new garment without the shorts and suspenders. I can actually wear summer clothes now!!

o. m. g.

Woke up to this reflection yesterday!!! Yay! Tummy is looking better than ever!! 5 1/2 weeks post.

Fun before and after!

8 weeks!

Time really flies after a certain point in your recovery. 8 weeks since my surgery as of Monday! I had my last post op today with Dr. Rhee. I felt like he was sending me off into the world with my new body and a new perspective. ....so bitter sweet. The whole experience from start till now was so smooth and drama free.
I never really had any pain, just discomfort. I was exhausted afterwards for quite some time. I would do it all again tomorrow if I had to. I really consider this such an amazing experience and life changing. My self esteem is through the roof!! I wish you all the very best. Hope my little slice of the story could possibly give someone hope that this could be not as scary as others have made it sound..... find the right doctor, be healthy, and take time for yourself. Xoxoxoxo
Castle Rock Plastic Surgeon

Amazing! Great procedure pictures. Meticulous. Measured at every single consult! Awesome attention to detail and never felt rushed or annoyed by questions over and over again. Amazing results! Everything about my experience at Dr. Rhee ' s office - the office itself, the staff (so friendly, caring, helpful!) my results! - top notch, 5 stars across the board. I am beyond happy with Dr. Rhee and his practice!