So So Worth It! Feel Like a New Woman After my FTT with MR - Cary, NC

After a 90 pound weight loss and birthing 2...

After a 90 pound weight loss and birthing 2 children, I was left with a very large, very unsightly apron of skin on my abdomen (or as it is technically called a "pannis"). Although I lost 90 pounds through diet alone, I've maintained that loss through sensible eating combined with a challenging workout regimen (mix of strength training and cardio).

It was tremendously discouraging to work so hard and have it show everywhere on my body except my tummy. No amount of core work or running could make my pannis disappear. With my husband's encouragement and support, I checked into the possibility of abdominoplasty and found a local surgeon who I found to be both competent and personable.

We were so impressed with the surgeon, we booked surgery for two weeks after my initial consult! I am so glad I did...it was worth every penny. I can now comfortably stand before a mirror (and my husband) naked and prance around in my skivvies looking pretty darned good for someone approaching 40! I love my new tummy and am looking forward to returning to the gym hardcore at 6 weeks out (I am now 4 weeks post-op).

I have absolutely zero regrets 1 month post-op and I'm sure I'll feel even more positively (if that's even possible!), 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and year out from surgery.

Wow you look awesome!! I had no idea there was anyone in the world that looked exactly like I do! I am 30 and I have two kids, I only birthed my daughter, haha, I will fill you in on that later. My daughter is 6yr old and I gained 60lbs with her and had a c-section, I lost all the weight when she was 2, but being discouraged with my tummy I gained it all back plus another 20. Now back on track I've been working out and so far I am down 22lbs in 10 weeks pretty proud but now once again I am beginning to get discouraged! Seems like every pound lost comes with another inch of sag! I can put my whole hand under that tummy lip thing, its so GROSS!! I am so tired of friends and family sugar coating and trying to help, and if I hear just exercise one more time I am going scream..it is lose saggy empty skin! I have decided that when I get to my goal weight, about 30 more pounds to go, and I am able to keep it off for 6 mos I am going to talk to a dr about a TT. But I have a question for you, exactly like me, you have that hump or ridge or whatever, it is just above your naval..I have that and only after I had my daughter it showed up, is that muscle seperation? Or just pregnancy aftermath? I have never struggled with my weight I am 5'4 and maintained 135 before pregnancy and this is really having an effect on me...I cry everytime I think about it or undress. I am still in the thinking and research part of the process, but hopefully by this time next year I will be ready. I'm not scared of the surgery, my c-section hurt and I may be wrong but I figure the pain will be comparable. My only concern is having a negative effect. You always see the horror stories and that is what scares me. Do you have any suggestions on how to find a good doctor? Or how to find their credentials and references or what I should look for? Thanks for any insight you can give. Oh and fyi my husband is great and he loves me no matter what and he always tells me how beautiful I am and blah blah blah, thats good and everything but his words would mean more if I actually felt beautiful..is that wrong? He is supportive of TT, he is on board with whatever I want to do and what will make me feel better. Sorry had to throw that in. LOL! I am so happy for you, I can't imagine the the confidence and relief you are feeling now! I forgot how that feels and I can't wait to get that feeling again!! Thanks Again!

You look wonderful!   And yes you will notice improvement month after month for up to a year.  As you heal internally everything settles down and smoothes out.
Thanks so much! If any of those who have not yet had their TT's have any questions about what to expect, feel free to PM me.

I was second guessing my decision to undergo surgery many times before the procedure and I'm so so glad I didn't cancel.

Wanted to add info on amount of skin and fat...

Wanted to add info on amount of skin and fat removed during surgery and liposuction- my surgeon removed 6 pounds of skin and 2 pounds of fat. I had quite an apron going on there!

Hi Cary9816...I sent you a private message a few days ago. Wondering if you got that. If so, would you mind private messaging me back?
Thanks a ton!
Niffie
Great pictures and excellent results! You gotta be thrilled, you look incredible!
You were my inspiration photo before this because we had similar before tummy's and I just wanted to thank you for your great photos!

I had my 3 week post-op checkup today so wanted to...

I had my 3 week post-op checkup today so wanted to update with pics. I am now feeling back to my normal, active self and have really kicked up my workouts accordingly.

Those who have recently had their FTT, realize that there is light at the end of the tunnel!

What was your pre op height & weight if you don't mind me asking. Your tummy looks like mine so im just trying to compare I am very nervous have my TT Monday
Looks great!!
Wow you do look awesome! I liked what you said about light through the tunnel, because to me this has o be the hardest surgery bt oh so worth it! I worked out alot as well and never seen results in my tummy area...I always thought"I'm happy with everything else if I can only get rid of this floppy, fatty skin drooping over everything stomach" It stood in my mind until everything fell in place and I was able to get my TT! I feel normal when I sit and do not see all that junk laying on my tummy =)

UPDATE 10/21/11- I'm so confident now that...

UPDATE 10/21/11- I'm so confident now that I've become an Independent Team Beachbody Coach and am now guiding others through the path to their own success story! I've been working out, eating clean and am now able to fit comfortably into a size 6 pair of jeans thanks to my TT and all my hard work! If you'd like to start a workout program and would love the help/encouragement/motivation of a Coach, I would LOVE to hear from you! Feel free to PM me for contact info!
40andSexy- I had just a touch of lipon on hips and flanks during my TT.
You look amazing. I wanted to know if where did you have the lipo? Flanks/Hips? Thanks.
Thanks so much ekate & klewis0906!

December 2011- I am now in a SIZE 4 after...

December 2011- I am now in a SIZE 4 after completing a Beachbody program! If you'd like to see the before and afters, PM me. 8-)
OMG you look absolutely beautiful, "flaunt" it girl, I am schedule for the Dec. 17 I hope and pray to have the same results you have..

Wow! Hard to believe it's nearly been a year...

Wow! Hard to believe it's nearly been a year since surgery. I've been eating clean, training hard and loving the results I've gained from doing so. If you're up for joining one of my weight loss challenges, PM me and I'll send you the details.

Reach your weight loss goals in 2012!

Hey this may be a silly question, but did your cost of tummy tuck ($7500) include the hospital stay and all that, or is that just the surgeon's fee?
Your results are amazing ! I have also choose Dr. Stoeckel to do my tt w/muscle repair and some lipo.I hope to have results like urs but, I don't know if I have enough skin or not . My skin is hanging some but, I'm 165 and 5'4 so if I lost 10 more pds the Dr. said my results would be better but, here I am 2 weeks before surgery and still 165! Please write back if possible I would like to know if u had drains because, he don't use drains anymore. I also would like to ask about the iv sedation. Thanks and take care , Chris
PM'd you my email address Chris. I had drains and I haaaated them. Be glad you won't have these! IV Sedation was a breeze. Was as if I had taken a nap. Eat as clean as possible before surgery and get some workouts in- you may be able to shed 4-5 pounds before you go in.

I am now a size 2!!!! The tummy tuck results...

I am now a size 2!!!! The tummy tuck results encouraged me to really amp up my health & fitness efforts and I'm now reaping the rewards all over. It's been well over a year now and I can again say this surgery was 100% worth EVERY.SINGLE.PENNY.

You look incredible!! :)

I wud love to join one of your weight loss challenges. I have TT scheduled sometime in July but would like to get into a program that will give me the best results. I am 37 and 146 lbs. I have 3 c-section babies and like my body except the tummy. I hope to lose about 5 in the next month and more after. I work out but wud also like to have a much more structured work out program. Help!!
I will PM you! 8-)

I have a free trial offer going on for P90X,...

I have a free trial offer going on for P90X, TurboFire or Brazil Butt Lift Challenge Packs (these include the workout program of your choice, Shakeology, meal plans, coaching and support & accountability of a group). Only available til the end of July (just 3 more days!) so if you're interested in learning more, send me a PM here.
Cary9816, could I purchase the challenge later, I'm not sure when I can start back exercising.
you look incredible! So important for us moms to take care of ourselves once in a while, right? I am soo happy I did tt as well. 21 po and no regrets! Hope you heal quickly!
I am so happy for you! You look amazing! Great job on a Healthy New You!!!

Coming up to 2 years post-op. My scar has become a...

Coming up to 2 years post-op. My scar has become a lot less noticeable visibly- I've lost over 15 pounds since the surgery and everything looks GREAT! I am now a Certified Personal Trainer as well. Anyone looking for an effective workout program, please message me here on RealSelf. Would love to help you out...and no, you don't have to be local. I help people all over the US and Canada.
Hey there - any advice you can give re my latest post and getting back to exercise would be appreciated! You're pics look great btw!
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Dr. S is both personable and competent. He took over an hour to answer both mine and my husband's questions during initial and pre-op consults, responds quickly to emails- never made me feel as if there was a "stupid" question. His staff is equally professional and responsive. And I think my before and after pictures speak for themselves- he does EXCELLENT work!