Giving Myself a New Belly for my 35th Birthday!!! -

I'm a 34 yr old mother of 3. I started having kids...

I'm a 34 yr old mother of 3. I started having kids young, so my body bounced back after my first child. No such luck with the next two, the last of which I had 8 months ago. I had my first consultation with Dr. Stoeckel last week for tummy tuck with lipo of flanks and upper and lower back. I was a little surprised at the cost because of so many reviews I've read on here where the price was much cheaper. Anywho, he didn't sugar coat it one bit! I need to lose weight before the surgery! Ugghhhh!!!! At 5'1, 190 lbs, I would not be able to get optimal results from surgery alone. So now I'm on a journey to try to lose as much weight as possible before August, because I'm having the surgery either way. Because anything would look better than what I do now! I'm going with August because my birthday is in November and I'm going out of the county and I needs to look SEXY!!! I want to give my body a chance to heal before my trip. Any suggestion on how to get motivated to lose this weight would be greatly appreciated. More to come...

New Doc...maybe

So, I have been stalking this website daily and decided to think outside the box and look into going to Miami for surgery. Tonight I had a phone consultation with Dr. Salzhauer, and I must say, I'm very excited! He has awesome reviews and he made me feel really confident that he can make me look exactly how I imagined. He did say I need to lose a few pounds, but nowhere near as much as Dr. Stoeckel. I'm waiting to hear back from his office regarding price, but if his numbers are right, Miami here I come!!!!

Surgery Scheduled With....

I did it! I made the choice to go with Dr. Salzhauer at Bal Harbour!!!! I paid my deposit and scheduled my TT and Lipo for August 1, 2014. I decided that, even with the cost of travel, I would still come out cheaper than having the surgery locally. Now I have to get serious about losing weight. Since I have scheduled a date, I guess it's time I post some before pics...

Surgery less than a month away...

So, my surgery is scheduled for August 1st and I still need to lose 15 lbs! Any last minute suggestions? Help! Also, I know some of you ladies have posted lists of items that you used post op but I don't know where to find them. I'd like a list of only things you actually used. I don't want to waste money on stuff I don't need. Thanks!

Wish Pic

Maaaannn! If I could have this waist to hip ratio, you wouldn't be able to tell me (or my hubby) NOTHING!!! Lol!

Six More Days To Go!!!!

Ok, so much has gone on since I posted my initial review. First off, I had to send Dr. Salzhauer a text message about a month ago and confess that I had actually gained weight since my initial consultation. He texted me back later and told me to call the office and ask them to right me a prescription for some diet pills. I almost started shouting!!!! Lol! I ended up losing 15 lbs on the diet pills. Of course, at your pre-op appointment, they tell you that you have to stop taking all supplements, including diet pills. I was cool with that though because I was going to use my last 10 days before surgery to so the 10 day green smoothie cleanse. Well, I might be the only person in history to gain weight on this diet, but I picked up 3 lbs in 3 days!!!! Ugghh!!! Now, I have to try to get down 9 lbs by August 1st.

On top of that, my best friend, who is my travel buddy/nurse, was just offered a new job and guess when they want her to start...July 31! Man, stressed is not a good enough word to describe how I'm feeling right now! My husband had taken off work to stay home with our kids because we don't have anyone to take them for 9 days. I'm struggling to try to work something out at the last minute. We are not prepared to spend the extra $400 to get him there, plus pay someone to watch our kids, on top of paying daycare for a full week for my 1yr old.

On another note, I am super excited that my date is so close! Everyday I look at my belly and reassure myself that Rasputia will be gone soon! Thank the Lawd!!!! ***praise break*** LMAO!!!

Day 3

I had my surgery on Friday and today I've been well enough to walk around. I hate taking prescription pain meds so the extra strength Tylenol had been working well for me today. Doing my belly, sides, back, and arms all at the same time may have been a bad idea. Especially since my friend is very little help. She wouldn't even help me wash up today. I wish my husband were here with me. I guess I'm just home sick... On another note, my results are good so far. Of course I'm still swollen but I can really see a difference. I'll try to post pics soon. My follow-up appointment isn't until Friday. Uuugghhhh!!! I hope my drains can come out so I can go home.

Photos

Please excuse the dirty compression socks. They only gave me one pair and I'm so afraid a blood clot will rush straight to my brain if I take them off. Lol! I can't wait to see myself with the full garment off. Anybody know how soon I can shower? I've been "washing up" daily but I'm def ready to shower!

My View

I really want to go to the beach!!!

One thing I wished I had picked up before hand...

Hey ladies! I'm feeling so good today! So much so that I took a walk on the strip today. I may have over extended myself though because my back was so sore that I had to take a shuttle back to the hotel. Anywho, the reason I went out was to get the dreaded yeast infection cream. I know, tmi, but being that you are on antibiotics, if you are not staying hydrated, chances are, you will get a yeast infection. I wish I had gotten a Diflucan from my Dr because the cream is messy. Please keep this in mind. Peace out!

Yuck!!!

First bare belly pic

I still have a lot of swelling but I think I'm going to be super happy with my final result!!!!

Family Reveal

Hello ladies! Today I went to my cousin's going away party and lots of my family members who had not seen me since my surgery were there. Needless to say, they all noticed the difference. Some were happy for me, some were haters. Either way, I knew I looked good!!!!

I think I have a New obsession with leggings...

I'm still swollen but I know I'm 100% better than I looked before! I'm wearing the cardigan to cover up my arm garments. Did I mention how much I hate that thing? It squeezes my boobs flat like pancakes and they are super right on my arms!
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Salzhauer seems genuinely concerned about making people beautiful. I'm so excited to go to him because I feel that he can give me the best results. I don't have unrealistic expectations. No I will not look like Beyoncé when this is over, but I think he will make me a more beautiful me and that's all I can ask for!

I think you look awesome, never mind the haters, keep rockin' it girl x
Congrats! You look great and i love the leggings :)
Thank you! I used to wear them before my surgery but I always had to wear long shirts to cover my belly. Not anymore!!!!
Hell yeah! Rock your fits!
Girl you look good.
Thanks hun!!!
Hi... you look awesome... what was your pre-op weight?
Thank you! I was 175 the day of surgery.
You look great!
Rasputia, Did you say your height is only 5'1"???? You look taller than that in the bottom photos! Optical illusion 0_o?lol
Lol! Yep, I'm only 5'1.
You look so GOOD! !!! WOW!
Thank you! Good luck on your journey! I'll be following you.
You look great!
Love your results!
Thank you!
Girl ya look good!
Thanks! I want to get my waist a little smaller. What brand of corset were you using?
Umhhhh.... Shoot me your email and I'll send it to you. I don't know off the top of my head. I have to check my ebay info.
Does a corset actually help your waist heal smaller or are you just using a corset to make you appear smaller with clothes? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question :)
Matea2, Hun that's a very GOOD question! I use mine for waist training purposes. I had extensive, aggressive liposuction to my flanks and waist , and fat transferred to my hips to give me an "hourglass" shape. I started wearing my corset at 3 months post op to shape, and mold my waist line. I like a "dramatically snatched" looking waist so I wear my corset anywhere from 12-15 hours a day, along with a strict eating & exercise regimine. My waist has really cinched in! (Look at my photos on my bbl part 2 blog) However, some ladies don't want to waist train, and they wear the corset occasionally to under a particular outfit to look well shaped. Does that make sense? So depending on the result you are trying to achieve determines whether or not if you user it daily or occasionally. However, the corset improves your posture and keeps you from over eating.
Matea2 I had heard about women waist training with corsets, using them to make their waists smaller. I'm really trying to achieve the waist to hip ratio in my wish pic. For my height, my hips are already wide enough and, when the swelling goes down in my lower back from the lipo, my butt should look bigger.
Thanks MzphatBooty! I did check put your blog. You are a very entertaining writer. We have different body goals and you still made me want to keep reading, even though we are so different.
MzPhatbooty, I want to be at the point we're I don't have to were a compression garment. I would like to have a small waist may period. Could you please send me the info on what brand of corset you use.
Inbox me your email address.