Giving Myself a New Belly for my 35th Birthday!!! -

I'm a 34 yr old mother of 3. I started having kids...

I'm a 34 yr old mother of 3. I started having kids young, so my body bounced back after my first child. No such luck with the next two, the last of which I had 8 months ago. I had my first consultation with Dr. Stoeckel last week for tummy tuck with lipo of flanks and upper and lower back. I was a little surprised at the cost because of so many reviews I've read on here where the price was much cheaper. Anywho, he didn't sugar coat it one bit! I need to lose weight before the surgery! Ugghhhh!!!! At 5'1, 190 lbs, I would not be able to get optimal results from surgery alone. So now I'm on a journey to try to lose as much weight as possible before August, because I'm having the surgery either way. Because anything would look better than what I do now! I'm going with August because my birthday is in November and I'm going out of the county and I needs to look SEXY!!! I want to give my body a chance to heal before my trip. Any suggestion on how to get motivated to lose this weight would be greatly appreciated. More to come...

New Doc...maybe

So, I have been stalking this website daily and decided to think outside the box and look into going to Miami for surgery. Tonight I had a phone consultation with Dr. Salzhauer, and I must say, I'm very excited! He has awesome reviews and he made me feel really confident that he can make me look exactly how I imagined. He did say I need to lose a few pounds, but nowhere near as much as Dr. Stoeckel. I'm waiting to hear back from his office regarding price, but if his numbers are right, Miami here I come!!!!

Surgery Scheduled With....

I did it! I made the choice to go with Dr. Salzhauer at Bal Harbour!!!! I paid my deposit and scheduled my TT and Lipo for August 1, 2014. I decided that, even with the cost of travel, I would still come out cheaper than having the surgery locally. Now I have to get serious about losing weight. Since I have scheduled a date, I guess it's time I post some before pics...

Surgery less than a month away...

So, my surgery is scheduled for August 1st and I still need to lose 15 lbs! Any last minute suggestions? Help! Also, I know some of you ladies have posted lists of items that you used post op but I don't know where to find them. I'd like a list of only things you actually used. I don't want to waste money on stuff I don't need. Thanks!

Wish Pic

Maaaannn! If I could have this waist to hip ratio, you wouldn't be able to tell me (or my hubby) NOTHING!!! Lol!

Six More Days To Go!!!!

Ok, so much has gone on since I posted my initial review. First off, I had to send Dr. Salzhauer a text message about a month ago and confess that I had actually gained weight since my initial consultation. He texted me back later and told me to call the office and ask them to right me a prescription for some diet pills. I almost started shouting!!!! Lol! I ended up losing 15 lbs on the diet pills. Of course, at your pre-op appointment, they tell you that you have to stop taking all supplements, including diet pills. I was cool with that though because I was going to use my last 10 days before surgery to so the 10 day green smoothie cleanse. Well, I might be the only person in history to gain weight on this diet, but I picked up 3 lbs in 3 days!!!! Ugghh!!! Now, I have to try to get down 9 lbs by August 1st.

On top of that, my best friend, who is my travel buddy/nurse, was just offered a new job and guess when they want her to start...July 31! Man, stressed is not a good enough word to describe how I'm feeling right now! My husband had taken off work to stay home with our kids because we don't have anyone to take them for 9 days. I'm struggling to try to work something out at the last minute. We are not prepared to spend the extra $400 to get him there, plus pay someone to watch our kids, on top of paying daycare for a full week for my 1yr old.

On another note, I am super excited that my date is so close! Everyday I look at my belly and reassure myself that Rasputia will be gone soon! Thank the Lawd!!!! ***praise break*** LMAO!!!
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Salzhauer seems genuinely concerned about making beautiful. I'm so excited to go to him because I feel that he can give me the best results. I don't have unrealistic expectations. No I will not look like Beyoncé when this is over, but I think he will make me a more beautiful me and that's all I can ask for!

Good luck on your journey!!!
Good luck :). Prayers for a speedy recovery
Best wishes to you on your journey!!! Heck I wish I was your weight right now...(smh) we all gotta give something in order to gain something with that being said....lose weight to get a flatter stomach or to achieve best results. My PS did not tell me to lose but I took it upon myself to do it anyways because I need to make a transition to be healthier. BTW- my BDAY is 11/11....Scorpio's Rock!!!
Another Dr. Salzhauer doll, congratulations! A TT is also on my list of considerations. He would be my Dr of course!
I have had great success with the Harcombe Diet. You can find the book at Amazon. As for the cost, have you considered going to the Dominican Republic? I've done a ton of research and found my doctor there...it's definitely less expensive!
Thanks for info on the diet! I will look into that. As far as going to the DR, I have heard great things about Dr. Yilly on here. My concern is how expensive it would be for both my husband and I to get there and stay for the time necessary for me to recover. Who is doing your surgery?
Dr. Fernandez Goico. He doesn't have a lot of buzz on here, but I've done the research on him, and I'm really excited to be working with him! My husband is going with me, and including the recovery house (Real Recovery Armonia), the flights, and the surgery, it is still a significant amount less than the amount you listed. I'm not saying it's for everyone...but it's another option. What I like about it is that I will be somewhere for 11 days without the responsibilities and demands of home. I won't be tempted to overdo it, because there won't be anything to do!
Best of luck to you. I'm sure you'll be able to lose the weight. How much did he suggest?
He basically said I need to lose 50 lbs for optimal results. :(
Our stats are very similar. My ps recommended that I try to lose at least 20 lbs prior to surgery so I've been working on that and I've lost 2 lbs so far just by drinking more water & watching my carbs. I haven't had much time to work out but I'm going too. I want the best results possible & I don't want to waste my money!! Best of luck to u!