What in the world was I so worried about?!?

I have wanted boobs from before I can remember. I...

I have wanted boobs from before I can remember. I have had three kids, breastfeed them all, and now they show some wear and tear ;) My husband and I decided we were done having children, I lost all but 10 pounds of the weight I wanted to (those are the vanity ones), so I thought this could not be a better time to get them. I am 35 years old, healthy, and was thrilled to get them until I ran across the breast explant community last night. Now I am getting concerned with my decision to get them. So my questions to this community would be, do you regret them? How long have you had them? Any advice for a newbie? Is it worth it?
I have chosen to get memory gel silicone, under the muscle, but am stuck on what size between 350cc and 400cc. My PS said I am borderline for a lift and it could go 50/50 needing one or not. Please help clear up my fuzzy head :)

Anybody with boobs like mine???

I was wondering if anyone had pre BA boobs like mine that had great results without a lift?!? Going crazy with the should I/shouldn't I get the procedure at all, wish my operation was not so much time after my consult because I have had entirely too much time to think!!

Insane amount of research!!

I have done sooo much research on breast surgery, that I feel like I could answer any question that is posed to me from friends and family. I am feeling a lot more confident with my decision to get them, what kind to get, and what surgeon to use...I sent myself into a whirlwind of emotions and craziness there for a minute, I'm sure that's normal. Now I can start to look forward to my January surgery and hopefully my not-so-painful recovery *fingers crossed* Pre-op is one week from tomorrow, had to schedule it a bit early due to the holidays. I can't believe I am this close, I can feel my heart begin to speed up at just the thought :0 BTW I am sooooo thankful for this site!!!

Decided to go with saline instead!

I just feel more comfortable with being able to adjust the size once inside, a smaller scar, and not having to get MRI's every five minutes :) I know they may not feel as natural, but I will have nothing to compare it to so hopefully it will not bother me. 4 weeks away..yeah!!

To lift or not to lift, that is the question??

I am curious if anyone on here was borderline for a lift going into surgery and ended up not needing one after the BA only?? Please say yes, please say yes *fingers crossed* :)

Tomorrow is the big day

I can't believe that the day has finally arrived. I feel like a subject matter expert on breast augmentations due to the insane amount of research I have done on the topic. I have switched back and forth with everything so many times it would make your head spin. My final decision has been to go with 450cc, under the muscle, silicone. My stats are 5'2, 130 pounds, athletic build. I am so nervous right now I can barely think of anything to write. I have added the dreaded "before" pictures and I look forward to adding the after ones soon. See you all on the other side :)

I survived

I am sooo drugged right now that I can't go into detail about my experience, I will update you all in the next few days of my procedure. I can say that the whole thing could not have gone any better, and from what I can see, they look good. I'm too chicken to take the bra off yet lol. Just to clarify, I am a HUGE baby on pain and it is really not that terrible. I made it out to be much worse in my head. I just love the encouragement, advice, and support we give one an

Oops i updated before I was finished

We give one another on this forum, *Hugs* to each and every one of you!! :)

Boobies :)

The big reveal :)

Hi there side boob :)

I am seriously so happy I did this and I am thrilled with the results. Besides being sore and a little more tired, recovery is going quite well. Looking forward to the dropping and fluffing part, I'm ready for them to be squishy already ;)

2 weeks out tomorrow

I love the results!! I have no more pain during the day, occasionally some tightness but no pain. No more painful morning boob, I can sleep on my side, and they are getting softer daily. I could not be happier with the outcome! 475cc, silicone both sides with a dual plane lift :)


Forgot to mention I have been working out doing cardio since Monday and I feel great. I was approved to do lower body exercises and will begin that again in about a week. If I feel a pulling of stretching during my workout, I stop doing that part but I do go very hard with cardio and he gave me the thumbs up to have a high heart rate.

3 weeks

Still enjoying the new accessories :) morning tightness still exist and sometime I over do things and get a little sore but other than that, doing great!

Boobie greed :)

So I was getting a little boob greed thinking that my new boobs looked smaller than I wanted. When I told my husband this he sarcastically said that they were much too small and I should've gone with 1000cc instead; we were texting this back and forth. He asked if I wanted to see something and sent me this picture from his phone right before my surgery along with the picture of my last update. I smiled and said okay your right, their perfect!!
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Not one single complaint!! Could he be anymore perfect?!? My breast augmentation was a very scary process for me and he handled it with kid gloves, I am sooo happy with my results!! Not only is he a fabulous doctor, but he is a fabulous person. You absolutely cannot go wrong with Dr. Stoeckel or his amazing staff...thank you so so much!!

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? 4 others found this helpful

Comments (72)

Sort by

Congrats they look great, you have a very supportive husband.
  • Reply
Congrats! They look great! How are you feeling? Updated pics/any update would be awesome! How do they feel?
  • Reply
You look fantastic! Congrats. Love the tat...too :)
  • Reply
Thank you! I used to hide my tat a lot but I have a feeling it might get more exposure this summer ;)
  • Reply
And so it should ;)
  • Reply
What's a dual plane lift? So happy about your results!!!! You look fantastic!!! What kind of cardio are you doing? I'm hoping to hit the elliptical this week. My breasts still ache a bit, so I'm wondering how they'll do on the machine! My PS said to wear two sports bras when I get back in the game...any tips for me before I hit the gym?
  • Reply
Thank you! The best way that I could describe a dual plane, would be a mini lift from the inside. I do all lower body exercising like the spin bike, treadmill and if I get on the elliptical, I don't use the arm part. My tip would be to take it easy, if it starts to hurt then stop. I saw my trainer last week and I only made it through half a workout, not messing anything up! You will probably be surprised at how easy it is to get back in the gym...good luck!!
  • Reply
Thanks for the great tips! Keep us posted on your progress!! :)
  • Reply
Dual plane is a partial under muscle placement :) I have this too and it's good for smaller woman. Helps avoid the unnatural "ball" look.
  • Reply
I thought it was something completely different...oops, don't listen to me lol. So let me get it straight so I don't tell anybody else the wrong thing...it's partially under/partially over my muscle?!?
  • Reply
Partially under....They release the muscle so the implant can sit half outside. It's a more natural placement.
  • Reply
No part sits over the muscle. As far as I know. Just below.
  • Reply
That is pretty awesome!! The PS tried to explain it to me but I was just saying uh huh and obviously not paying close attention, I took it wayyy different. Thanks for the clarification :)
  • Reply
My ps told me the dual plane is partial under the 1/4 is out of the muscle for a natural look it is not over the muscle as I dont want over the muscle or I would have not chosen that! Lol
  • Reply
We didn't talk about it before the surgery because he didn't know he was going to do it until I was under. The results were so great to me, I didn't care what he did lol
  • Reply
This is right :)
  • Reply
This is right :)
  • Reply
Are you happy you went with out the lift I'm borderline needing one as well
  • Reply
Very happy!! Although, my PS used the dual plane technique. U might want to talk to your PS about that :)
  • Reply
That's the technique we are going with I'm just so confused being borderline which to go with
  • Reply
I am very happy with my results and wouldn't change a thing! Is your PS comfortable doing it without the lift?
  • Reply
He says I can go either way I'm just afraid I'll have what some people have the look of skin hanging off their implant
  • Reply
It is a risk and a possibility. My PS recommended that we do the implants and if I was unhappy with the results than come back for the lift. He said it was a 70/30 percent chance I would want a lift, with 70 percent being I didn't want one. As for now, I am so happy I didn't!
  • Reply
What size is your surgical bra in your I survived post ?
  • Reply
No specific size just a 36.
  • Reply