POD 16 new pics

I am a 28 year old Mom of 3 kiddos, all within two...

I am a 28 year old Mom of 3 kiddos, all within two years of each other and my stomach showed it. I have worked really hard the last year to lose 40 pounds and change my way or eating. So, basically an entire lifestyle change. No matter how hard I tried I could not get rid of this belly. My husband was super supportive and understood that I needed this procedure to be happy and feel comfortable with my body again.

I am two days post op from my tummy tuck and lipo of the flanks. I'm surprised how little pain I am having. The tuck only hurts when I get up or down, and if I bump any lipo spots those are sore, but I feel fantastic! I would even venture to say this is easier than my c-section. Also, I took my percocet for the first day and a half but now I'm just on Tylenol and still feeling fine.

Also, my incision is nice and low and extremely straight and clean looking.

So, post op day 3 and I am feeling pretty good! I...

So, post op day 3 and I am feeling pretty good! I stopped my narcotics a little over 24 hours ago, as I'm hoping to be able to drive myself to my post op appointment next Tuesday. I'm super swollen. The scale is up 7 pounds from my preop, so I'm drinking a ton of water, walking around the house every hour, and other than that, trying to take it easy. I still can't quite stand up straight. When is that supposed to happen? And how long was everyone swollen before that went away? I'd added a couple new pics, but other than that, not much to report!

Hey everybody. I'm feeling really good today but...

Hey everybody. I'm feeling really good today but the swelling is so annoying! Good news is that I'm standing up just a little bit straighter than yesterday! Not too much to report. Has anyone successfully done the marble in the belly button thing? Hope you're all having a fantastic day!

Hey everybody! So, post op day 12... I haven't...

Hey everybody! So, post op day 12... I haven't been taking anything for pain for about 3 days, not even Tylenol. It's amazing. I'm still swollen, but what's new, right? I'm also getting a yellow/white discharge from my bellybutton, but I read on my post op instructions that it was normal to get something like that around pod 10. They said it was fat or something. Has anyone else had that? Also, my steri strips are still all on. How long does it take for those to fall off? So yeah, feeling good. Even went on a walk with a friend last night and shopping. Also, what's everyone's weight doing? I was originally up 7 pounds immediately after surgery, but now I'm down to 4 under my preop weight, so I'm quite happy. Hope you're all doing well! I'll try to post more pics next time!

Okay girls, I am LOVING this new stomach. My...

Okay girls, I am LOVING this new stomach. My swelling is finally lessening some and I'm having no pain whatsoever. Also, when I started this journey I was 152 on a good day and I'm down to 143 this morning. I know she lipoed 2 pounds of fat and also took two pounds of skin so that's part of it, but I'm thrilled. Has anyone else seen weightloss trends after surgery? Also, is anyone not wearing their CG? Mine's starting to get uncomfortable so I have it off today and it feels way better, but I have a feeling I should be wearing it. Thoughts? Also, including some new pics from this morning.
Oh, and I seem to be totally fine doing whatever now too. I've been shopping with my three kids, you name it! I'm looking forward to the days ahead since every day just seems better and better. :)
Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon

I searched all over the internet for a plastic surgeon and Dr. Turkle's portfolio was far better than anyone else's I could find. She was wonderful and helpful from the very beginning and I even got to talk to a former tummy tuck patient of Dr. Turkle's. This patient had nothing but praise and I feel the same. Dr. Turkle changed my life and I would highly recommend her to my family and friends.

Hi awesome results I was just wondering what your height is?
Congrats!!! you look really great! I hope that I am were you are in another two weeks!
WOW! amazing results.. cross my fingers that I have such good results!
Thanks so much! I'm sure you will! All I did was research the heck out of which doc to use! :)
You are looking great! you must be so happy!! :)
I am! Thanks so much!!
Loving your post op piccies, congrats xx
Thanks so much!!
Hi... I'm new to this so take it easy on me...I had a full Tt with muscle repair and that was 4 months ago and I still have a lot of swell hell going on it is about to drive me crazy I start the day off somewhat flat but as the day go on my tummy gets bigger sometimes I think that something has came apart or something... Well what every I see my ps dr on the 12 hope to get some good news.. Advice please
That would be frustrating! We have a cruise in march so I'm really hoping all the swell hell is gone by then but who knows, maybe it won't be!
Swelling tip is I heard that dandoline tea works for swelling .. are you taking bromelian and arnaca? Those help as well. Icepack 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off.
Do you have drains? And by what day were you able to shower? I noticed you had a towel over your head ? what day are you on today?
I was able to have the procedure without any drains which was great! Apparently, they sew shut the space between the fat and the muscle first, before closing up the incision, so it eliminates the need for a drain, since the space is gone. I was able to shower at 24 hours. Today I'm postop day 6.
how much drainage did you get from your incision site ? day one through day 5 ? Cause the only day that I really had any drainage was on the first day ( surgeryday) then maybe a little the next but since then no drainage at all and just alot of swelling.
Actually, I've gotten zero drainage from my incision site, but the lipo spots were nasty for about the first 12 hours.
oh ok wow!! Yes I Guess when I had asked my doctor... now mind you he is a specialist in the no drain procedure.. With the no drain procedure you should only have leakage the first 2 days at most. I have swelling that feels to me like so much he says its totally normal swelling so I felt much better after knowing that It was just swelling and not fluid retention. How is your swelling. Is it getting better for you?
you look great have a speedy recovery thanks for sharing i love this site its like where strangers with the samething in common and we can relate to one another
Thanks so much! I love this site as well. I've been lurking on here for about 3 years!
Thanks for sharing your story. Best of luck with recovery. I have same procedure scheduled on jan 29
Good luck to you too! Can't wait to see how it goes!
It took me about a week before I could stand up straight without feeling that pulling burning feeling. By the looks of it everyone's swelling seems to be so different. I'm 6 weeks PO and I'm still swollen. You look great though! It will looked better every day:)
Thanks, that makes me feel a little better! I'm hoping to be able to walk into a store in the next week or two without being so embarrassed about the "hunch" :)
Thanks for posting. You look great, it's nice to hear that post-op is easy for someone!
Thanks for the comment! I'm loving this site and all the support you guys give!
Looking great. Good for you-you must be so happy