Like most of the other women here, I have been...

Like most of the other women here, I have been stalking the site for months. Reading everyone’s posts has helped me through my healing process. So for that, I thank everyone. Here is my story. I am 32 years old, married and the proud mom of four boys, ages three, nine, 14, and 15. I had my first son of 17 years old, and my body has never been the same. My first child was average weight, but the rest of the boys were not. Two of them were over 10 pounds, the last was 10 pounds 11 ounces.

My belly had no chance.My last pregnancy, my weight topped 200 lbs. Since I have managed to stay consistent with my weight, usually between 130 and 140 pounds, 5ft., 6inches. I have always wanted and needed a tummy tuck, and have had low self esteem issues for just as long. Not long ago after jokingly asking my husband if I could have the surgery, he finally said yes. So the very next day, my surgery was scheduled. I had breast augmentation surgery in 2007 so I had already had a plastic surgeon.

My surgery was March 7, 2013. For anyone who has not had their procedure yet, be advised for a roller-coaster ride of emotions before and after the surgery. If I were to give one piece of advice, it would be to embrace yourself and your imperfections before you go through with this procedure. I told myself before I had the surgery that I would be hot and happy afterwards, that I would no longer be ashamed of my body. Small sexy, tight tummy, big boobs, and a fat A**, what else could a girl want, right? Well unless you have your mind right, you will find more imperfections every time you look in the mirror. Now I don’t like my arms, my thighs are fat, my nose is crooked, and my neck skin hangs……. On and on and on. When does it stop ladies? When will we quit subjecting ourselves to this and just learn to love ourselves? I look at my body and I now have this scar from hip to hip, I look as though I have survived a violent attack, and I chose this.

Don’t get me wrong, time will pass and I’m sure that I will love my results, but the pain, swelling, an emotional crap is getting overwhelming. OK, I think I have vented enough…. On to the surgery. I had a drain less tummy tuck, muscle repair, and lipo. I know there is some controversy as to how long a woman should stay in recovery, I was out of surgery less than an hour before I got to go home. My surgeon believes that people heal better at home, and I have to agree. My recovery has been uneventful, thank god, knock on wood. Aside from swelling, and glue not wanting to fall off, things have been pretty great. I am at the five week mark, and I cannot fit into any of my pre surgery clothes, due to swell hell. No jeans, nothing, so it is pretty sucky. I live in yoga pants and PJ’s. But on the plus side my husband has promised me a shopping spree once all is said and done. So, I guess I can wait patiently. I have a love/ hate relationship with my compression garments. I am currently wearing Spanx, and they have worked the best for me so far. If anyone else is interested in purchasing Spanx, I would suggest picking them up from a store, to ensure proper fit. I hope that my posts help someone, as so many have helped me. I have included some pics. Happy healing to everyone.

I also want to take a second to thank my husband...

I also want to take a second to thank my husband for helping me through everything over the past few weeks. Without him, I would have never made it!! Thank you!!!

Does anyone have any sleeping tips. I sleep on my...

Does anyone have any sleeping tips. I sleep on my side a little, but soon after start to get sore. I am still unable to sleep flat without the burning and pulling feeling. How long post-op did you ladies start sleeping normally?

I have made it to 6 weeks p.o. and I am finally...

I have made it to 6 weeks p.o. and I am finally beginning to feel a little normal again. I still have some issues with swelling through out the day, but it doesn't seem to be as frequent. My incision is extremely low, and quite thin, just have some glue left over that refuses to come off. It is extremely hard not to pick at it. I have been warned that if I am not patient with it and pick at it, it could break the skin. So.. I will keep it until it falls off. I still have problems fitting into my pre-op jeans, I think my hips are still swollen. It is starting to warm up outside, and I am dying to wear shorts, but very pasty pale. Is anyone here a tanner? If so, when after surgery did you start tanning and what precautions did you take to protect your bb and incision? Good luck to everyone, happy healing.

I recently watched a YouTube video and the woman...

I recently watched a YouTube video and the woman had been using almond oil, castor oil and a Shea butter mix on her scar. Her results looked pretty great and I was wondering if anyone else has used this mix for massaging?

So as you can tell from pics, I have had a good...

So as you can tell from pics, I have had a good amount of glue hanging on. Friday, while massaging one piece came off. Turns out it was acting like a little cork for a small hole. Well the "hole" freaked me out, so I started removing all the glue. Things were good until one of the last pieces, which revealed a larger "hole" and pus. So true to form, I automatically expected the worst. I thought the glue stayed on so long that my skin was beginning to form around it and it was infected now. Thank goodness my P. S. takes appointments on Saturdays and was able to relieve my panic. I would have never been able to wait until Monday. I know some of you have had issues with spitting stitches, but I don't remember anyone mentioning the nasty smell that came along with them. Maybe that was just me ;). So I guess they are no biggie, she removed it, and taught me how to remove future ones myself. I know the pics don't look to bad, but if freaked me out. On the plus side, I was released to lift my little one again( all 38 lbs of him) and I don't have to go back until August. She said I am healing perfectly. Yeah!!!!! Will be at the 7 week mark Thursday. Hope everyone else is healing well. Bye for now!

10 week update

Hello ladies!! Just a little over 10 weeks now, and going great. Healing has went beautifully, thank goodness. At this point in my recovery, I feel almost normal, minimal swelling issues and muscle soreness, but nothing compared to what it once was. I have a feeling that I may have a seroma or possibly a dog ear on my left side, but not sure. A small area above my incision has been puffy and tender for quite a while. Most of the pics i have seen of dog ears seem to pucker at the incision, mine does not, so...who knows. I will prob contact my PS soon, trying to give it time. BB scar is fading nicely, I tend to use scargard on that area more often then anywhere else, too lazy for the rest. ;) I have included some pics, including one of my soon to be wedding dress. My husband and I are renewing our vows next year for our 10th. We didn't do the wedding thing the first time around, but we are now. SUPER EXCITED! Hopefully I don't turn into a bridezilla ;). Good luck to all upcoming surgeries, and happy healing.

Change status??

Does anyone know how to change the status to "worth it"?

12 week p.o. exercise tips

I am officially allowed to do some ab work! I have been riding the exercise bike all month, total of 104 miles between walks with hubby and bike. So now that I can do ab work, I would really like to attack the muffin top and bra fat, prob should have had them lipo'd. :) To work these areas, I would typically lie on my back and ride a "bïke", crossing over to touch elbow to knee. Did 10 of these this morning, and felt as though I had done 60 crunches. I have also been doing push-ups to strengthen core and tone arms. So my question to all tummy tuckers is what exercises worked best for you? What ab work did yáll do to strengthen? I enjoy zumba, and it is really good for you all around, but unfortunately, I have to avoid impact work-outs. I have bi-lateral hip dysplasia and arthritis, so I am sorta limited. But, any ab tips would be much appreciated. I have seen great results on this site, so I know someone knows how to work those abs!! Hope everyone is healing well!! Thanks.

One Year Update! Absolutely Worth It!

Hey ladies!! It has been a little over a year, and I could not be more pleased. I am completely back to normal, with a tad of numbness in lower tummy. Not sure if feeling will every return completely. Small price to pay. For about 2 months, I have been working out six days a week, and watching what I eat. I now weight 125lbs. I am working so hard to get rid of my muffin top, but it is slow going. Extremely stubborn fat the muffin top is!! :) This experience has been a roller coaster, with lots of ups and downs, emotionally and physically. However, I wouldn't change anything and for the first time in my life I feel sexy. This procedure has made me more confident and has really boosted my self esteem. I feel like a new woman, and I am loving it!! Hope everyone is doing well. Happy healing to those with upcoming surgeries. Will probably update one more time if/when I get rid of the muffin top.

One year update. Totally worth it!

Oops. Forgot photos ;)

Cant change status

I still cannot change status to Worth It!!??

15 month PO. New muscle numbness??

Hello everyone!! Recently the muscle in my tummy feels like it is starting to lose feeling/ sensation again. I have had some mild numbness below my scar, but now it seems to be rising. I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced anything like this. I stopped doing ab work and since, the numbness seems to have increased. I'm not necessarily worried, just confused. Any thoughts??
Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon

She has been my P.S. for 6 years.

I feel numb right in the same place. I'm not worried about it either but am glad that you brought it up. Lately, I've switched to "Tupler technique" ab exercises and things feel better.. And a little tighter. You look awesome and thank you for posting one year pics!!!
Love that you came back for a year update. You look fantastic. I'm almost at my 7 month Mark and was wondering if I would ever feel the numbness go away. I don't really mind though. You're def rocking those size 0's!!
The numbness is a little disappointing, but a small price to pay. My husband will rub my stomach and I have to ask him if he is over the shirt or under it. It's a little weird, but you get accustomed to it.
You really look amazing!! Size 0?!?!?????? Damn!!! I'm jealous! Lol. I had big babies too! 9 lbs 12 oz and 8 lbs 5 oz! Totally worth it all. :-)
Thank you. It's kinda crazy cuze sometimes I still don't feel small. The scale says something different, I just gotta get my mind right. Big babies can tear a stomach up!! you have had great results too!!
Thank you!!
wow, you look great! Size 0....jealous!! ;-) You must be so happy!
I am!!!!! Thanks
Thanks for coming bac ad sharing your year update!!!n You look FAB!
Your stomach and story are parallel to mine. My belly looks like a grumpy frown. But hopefully, after Wednesday, it will look like yours! MM here I come
Thank you!! I never thought of it that way but I guess it does look like a grumpy frown. Well I'm smiling now!!! ;) good luck to you and happy healing.
You look fantastic! Thanks for the detailed review! It really helps to see pictures one year out. As for the muffin top, where?! Haha! You truly look amazing!
Thank you soo much!!!
You look awesome! Just read your 1 year post. I'm only 4 weeks out but can soooo relate to feeling sexy now. Gosh I hated my body before. It has totally changed my life. I hate to sound vain but it's the truth. I love the white bandeau bathing suit top. Where did you get it? I'm looking forward to getting back to my REGULAR workouts, not this lame 10# weight limit. I hope I look as good as you at my one year mark.
Thank you soo much!! It's good to hear you are feeling so well this soon. It only gets better from here. ;) I got the bikini from Victoria Secret. They have lots of cute ones. Happy healing!!
You look great! I, too, am 1-yr out from my tummy tuck and agree with everything you have written about it being worth it and how much your life has changed! Enjoy!!!
I will!! You too!
U look great!! I hope to look that good.
Thanks you. Good luck to you!
amazing results! and I cant figure out how to change status either!
Thanks. I am glad to know that I'm not the only one. ;)
amazing result...do you still obsess about the scar or have learned to live with it now....just curious since I feel like I will be so obsessive of it
I think it's just a part of my body now. U get used to it.
Thanks