I'm 48 & It's Time for ME! TT & Lipo of Thighs - Carmel, IN

Hi everyone! Been stalking for awhile & waiting...

Hi everyone! Been stalking for awhile & waiting for a long time. My PS had a cancellation Friday March 7 so I took it! I'm obsessed with TT before & after photos. I'm so nervous. My bf travels a lot & our children are raised & out of the house. It seems I'm getting very nervous sitting here alone. I'm wondering if I made the right decision, worried about the pain & recovery. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for doing this. I had BA in 2007 & love the results. Going back to same PS. Will try to post pics. I hope I'll find a surgery buddy/buddies for Friday.
Thanks & good luck!
Wow.. I'm scheduled for 3/31 and if they called me to come in earlier I would be too scared. You go chica!! Please share how it goes. Good luck!!
good luck!!!!
Dr Turkle did my TT also, your in the best if hands!! Best wishes to you and looking forward to hearing about your recovery

Day 2 post op

Wow! My stomach is really flat! We got pretty inventive to make the couch and our bed comfortable. The worst pain for me so far is getting up & down from my bed or couch. My BF isn't here a lot so I've had to get up & down quite a bit alone. I was really worried about sleeping because I've been on Ambien for 20 years now & was worried about combining pain meds with the Ambien. I've done great without the sleeping meds. I am happy with my results so far, today I'll take the dressings off & finally get to see the scar. I feel like I'm in a dream state, so very happy to rid myself of that tummy! Will post pics soon. I'm already worried about the swelling, hope it doesn't discourage me.

Day 2 Post-op

Hello everyone! It's me, the one with a FLAT belly! Yay!
I'm already bored out of my mind. Here in Indiana Spring is just around the corner. I am looking forward to just take a walk outside of this house. As far as pain goes it's worse raising to a stand & sitting down. This binder is so tight, that's rather uncomfortable too. I feel like I'm going to get bedsores from being down. But no pain no gain --right? My BF is very supportive. He has been running errands, cooking, etc. There's NO way I could have done this without him. I'm very afraid to look at the scar. I'm afraid I won't see the results right now. I'm the kind of person who needs instant gratification & even when I'm thinking logically my mind always drifts into that negative thinking/worrying. I'm hoping what I see on the outside of the CG are just lumps from the dressings underneath it. Happy healing everyone! I'll post photos in a bit.
I'm glad to hear you are doing fairly well. Try to take it easy, even though you are getting bored. Rest is the best medicine for healing. Take the time to read a book. You will not get bed sores from sitting around for a few days. Make sure to stay hydrated and watch your salt intake to help prevent water retention. Don't do too much, helps prevent some swelling. Take it easy & Happy a Healing :)
Hi JoyD! Thanks for your reply. I think the hardest part hasn't been physically, it's been such a humbling experience for me. I'm an RN & always care for other people, never dependent on someone else to care for me. I hate to ask anyone for help. I'm here all alone all day & am going crazy. I wonder if I can try to shower by myself of should I wait until my BF comes home tonight at 7? I don't NEED to shower, just haven't had one in 6 days so I think it's time. I'm getting around the house pretty good. I really haven't been eating but I've been staying hydrated. I'm worried about eating anything with salt, but really not hungry anyway. I think I'll go check out my shower situation & conquer it. We'll see what I can come up with next! Thanks
Congratulations!! So glad that you are feeling good and that the surgery is behind you now, Happy Healing to you!!!

Day 3 postop

Well this has been more difficult than I thought. Again didn't take my sleeping meds but last night I was up ALL night. Very restless, nauseous & a little panicky. I couldn't get to sleep, switched from the recliner to the couch to the bed. I hope I made the right decision by having this done, I'm constantly peeing on the CG. I guess the hole isn't big enough. Then it gets all wet & I stuff TP inside so that wet side doesn't rub up against me. Gross! When will I start to feel better? I'm very discouraged, Haven't had a BM in 5 days so I took a laxative. I'm afraid I'll have to vomit & that will not feel very good..
When do I start walking straight? This numbness in my abdomen-- does it ever go away? I feel like it's really getting stretched. This is just a very weird experience.
Recovery is hard at first, what you are going through right now will pass.. For me it helped to stay on top of the pain pills, and anti nausea pills also.. do you have anti nausea meds? CG's aren't fun are they? They really do help w/ swelling.. joyD1984 (below) had some good advise, drink lots of water (it will help w/ constipation and swelling) and take care of your self nutritionally, it will help you feel better. It took me about a month to really stand straight, and at 9 months post op, I still have numb area's on my tummy.. and some swelling at night, but as I look back now, it was all worth it. In a few weeks you'll be feeling much better. If you have any concerns, call Dr. Turkles office, they are so helpful and re assuring. Keep us posted, and take care!!
Thanks for your reply! I'm staying up on my water trying to move things along.... Yes these CG are something else! This numbness seems to move around, sometimes higher, sometimes lower. It's probably all in my head! Really the pain wasn't that bad. Only took pain meds for 2-3 days. Now I've got to conquer a shower. I wonder if I can try to do it myself? I feel fine. My BF won't be home till after 7 tonight. I'm bored stiff. I only told a few people about my surgery so it's not like a have people stopping over for visits. I'm stuck here all day going crazy & it's only day 6! OMG!! Oh well.... I'm just thankful it's over.
I hear you! I didn't tell anyone that I was having surgery and it did get a little lonely, I'm glad that I found realself, it did put me in touch w/ some really great gals who were going through the same thing right when I needed it. I actually got to meet one of the gals in person a few weeks back. I'm so glad that you are feeling better! Your tummy looks awesome!! so tiny and flat!! Thank you for posting pictures! About the shower, I waited till someone could be in the next room before taking a shower but I probably could have done it by myself.. it just felt a little safer w/ someone right there just in case. Keep us posted!!

Post op day 3. 48 year old with drainless TT with lipo & lipo to inner thighs

Day 3 post op some swelling. Had a miserable night of not sleeping feeling nauseous & constipated. I don't think I slept one minute. When will I be able to stand up straight & feel back to normal? Feeling pretty discouraged now. They said I could shower but I'm afraid to.
Your first shower is certainly tiring. It's hard not to get discouraged and tired of feeling crappy but by day 12 you should start feeling better. The standing up straight is not easy. I kept practicing by standing next to a wall and trying to straighten up. I was pretty straight by 4 weeks. Important thing is to listen to your body. If it feels like too much it is too much. Let your body heal. Feet up. Sleep when u can. As for your shape ... Whoowee! We r both sporting the hour glass but I have boob envy, lol. It gets so much better, I promise!!!!
Ha! boob envy.... thanks for the post.
Thank you everyone! I'm feeling better. Saw PS yesterday -- my first outing since my TT. Having some reactions from the tape but no big deal. I had a much better night, I'm ready to take a shower but wondering if I should wait till someone is home with me? BF is working till 7. Maybe I could just bend over the tub & sponge off?? I've read about people passing out in the shower for their first post op shower. Just wondering..... any advice?? I feel fine, really. Thanks!

Day 6 post op Finallyforme

Well things are OK. Saw the PS yesterday & she snipped a couple of sutures. She said the swelling will go down in time. Nothing too surprising. It was good to good to get out of the house. Still waiting on BF to help me with a shower. I hate depending on others. I feel very helpless. It's easy to get down when you're stuck in the house. I find I have no appetite, all I do is watch the clock. I also feel like around 4:00 my abdomen starts to swell up, (even my pubic area) noticeably more than the morning. I guess I'm going stir crazy. Any advice? I didn't tell anyone except my family that I'm having my surgery-- and of course they live far away. Maybe I should have thought this through a little bit more. Shouldn't I be running around trying on cute smaller summer clothes or something?
You look great lady! I had a drainless TT too and have not been able to wear my binder so I've been super swollen. They first week was very hard for me. I felt like I made huge mistake and that life was never gonna be the same again. Depending on others and not being able to do things on my own was extremely hard for me and made me very depressed. Week two has been much better... threw myself right back into mommy mode. I just keep reminding myself that it gets better everyday and 3 months from now I'll be strutting around this new body, lol! Happy healing hon
Well said. So true.
Just checking in to see how you are feeling? You really are looking fantastic!! So happy for you!

10 days post op pics

Well it's been 10 days. I'm feeling good. No problems other than being bored through the week. This weekend my bf was home with me so we went shopping, out to dinner with friends, & then to the winery so it's been a busy weekend. This week I was thinking of going out on a trail for a long walk. I've been shopping, errands, etc. so I'm sure it will be fine. I'm only hoping it doesn't stir up some swelling. It's ok in the morning, but as the day goes on I start to swell but still down 4 pounds from pre op weight. I've found lots of things taste too salty anymore. I also have this strange "tightness". It feels like everything is being stretched/pulled. I'm sure that's normal. I was wondering when people went back to working out? I'm really going crazy & miss my gym friends. I wonder if they'll notice a difference? Hmmmm...
So I've posted my 10 days post op pics, I think it looks pretty good. I've noticed very dry peeling on my belly, no big deal. I'll call my ps to see if I can put lotion on. Hope everyone is doing well. So thankful for rs & my TT sisters!!

10 days post op

More pics from day 10

10 days thigh lipo bruising

Inner thighs are pretty sore, it's ok though!
Hi, I am in Indiana and will be having my surgery in Carmel on April 16th. I am very nervous, excited and feeling a little guilty for spending money! Your results are amazing.
Hi jo! Thanks for your post. That's awesome on your weight. I don't know anything about Dr. Grasee other than I think she was partnered with Dr. Turkle at one time. Dr. Turkle did my BA years ago & I'm still loving it. I'm sure you're getting nervous- but you'll do fine. Especially with your hubby being supportive. The surgery wasn't that bad for me, honestly. Don't be afraid! The worst part was being bored. Keep us posted. The support here at rs is awesome & it's great to follow other people's journey. I'm sooooo glad I did it. No regrets. Good luck to you!
You look great!! Keep taking it easy. I know it is hard to have others do for you when you always do for others.

Up Close 10 days out

Ewe..... Up close of my scar
Your results are awesome! Congratulations. Be prepared for that tight feeling and numbness to last a while. The numbness might never go away completely. I'm over six moths post op and still feel a bit numb below my BB.
Urghh!! It's killing me, this bloated tightness.
Don't worry, time will make it all better. Good thing it's not summer yet so you don't have to show up anywhere in a bikini! When summer does roll around you're going to feel like a million dollars! Hang in there, be patient!

16 days post op TT/liposuction Carmel, IN.

Ok I'm 16 days post op. I'm feeling great. No problems. I'm still not standing all the way straight up which makes my butt look more flat!! Oh well, I'm going to work on that. I see the ps on Wednesday so I'll check about working out. I'm still going crazy from boredom. The weather here sucks. I've found my eating habits have changed, much more salads, fresh fruit, etc. I've lost 4 pounds. My pre surgery jeans are too big. I still have swelling that worsens throughout the day. I've read that I'll have swelling for quite a while. I've found I don't eat as much as I feel full after a few bites. In my pictures I don't see much of a difference so I'm kinda bummed about that. But it's only a little over 2 weeks so it will get better! I continue to find inspiration here on rs after reading so many great stories. I have no regrets other than not doing it sooner. We are planning on going sailing in the Caribbean in June so for the first time in years I'm happy about wearing a bikini!!!
My BF told me last week I looked sexy, --I haven't heard that in such a long time, since I was wearing yoga pants (not very sexy to me!!) I said why??? He said I'm different-- just the way I carry myself, my attitude, more effort into my hair & make up & just more confident in myself. I agree. I'm loving the new me !!!
You are looking great. It does take time for the swelling to go away, but don't let it get you down. It is great your pre-surgery jeans are too big. Mine were too, which made it handy to wear them for a family picture with my binder on. When we feel good about our body it does show all over. We take more pride in how we look and don't mind being complimented.
Ok this is a little weird. I also had a BA in 2007 with turkle. Was your BA in Feb by any chance?? Ha maybe we r long lost PS twins!! Good luck. ;)
Haaaa!! No my BA was in the summer.... Nothing like having "high" boobs in a bikini!!!. Yep, Dr. Turkle is awesome. I totally trust & recommend her!!

1st workout & swollen! Yikes!! CG??

I'm almost 3 weeks po. I saw the ps yesterday & she thought I had minimal swelling (true). This morning I did my first po workout then put on a BRAND NEW cg. It's so tight & I'm swelling! What's up with that? I want to put my old dirty one back on. Is this from my workout? How do you know if your cg is too small? It's a medium. I'm 5'4" & 128#. I can't imagine keeping this thing on all night. Any suggestions?
You look fantastic!!!!
Thanks girl!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow you look great!! Did you find that eating pineapple helped with the swelling? I have one side more swollen than the other and I'm hoping I Dinh end up lopsided.

5 weeks post op TT with thigh liposuction. Doing great! Cycled 25 miles!!!

Hello all my TT sisters!! I hope everyone is well. Let's see here.... I'm actually 5 1/2 weeks out writing this post. My pics are at 5 weeks. Everything is going great. I'm back to work on an as needed basis.. Which is practically 10 hour days 30-40 hours a week. I work in the OR & I'm standing all day so my swelling has been bad in the evening when I come home. So I lay down with my feet up & by morning I'm as good as new. I still have a 10 pound weight limit so I'm doing very lame barbell strength classes. My bf & I went out for a "little" bike ride Sunday--- OMG I thought I was going to die!!! 25 miles with a killer wind. My only strength was knowing I had a Mojito waiting for me at the restaurant when we rode to downtown!! It was deeee-lish. He pushes me-- too hard sometimes. (I don't know if I mentioned it earlier but a week before my TT I had knee surgery so this was BIG for me).
I don't have any pain- never had much for that matter, just back pain around day 3-5. I think I'm pretty straight while standing up. At least no one has said anything to me. (Only a few people know about it). I'm down to 127#. That's down 6 pounds from preoperatively. My appetite has changed since my TT. I now crave healthy things--- salads, fresh fruits, LOTS of water with fresh lemon. I also feel full pretty easily. It's weird.
I guess my only concern is dealing with my CG. I am lost without it. I think when I see my ps the 21st they'll tell me do switch to Spanx. I'm very worried about that. I don't like not wearing my CG. My bf told me tonight he hates it & doesn't want me to wear it (he paid for the surgery & probably thought I'd be running around in VS undies by now). So that hurt my feelings.... How can I live without it??? Oh noooo!!!! So that's about it. I'm doing ok., no, great!!!! I love my body now & find myself looking in the mirror instead of avoiding it. We are going sailing in June & I can't wait!! My bf is treating me to VS bikinis!!!! Yippee!!! I can't believe I'm finally looking forward to wearing a bikini. It's about time, ya know? Finally!!!! For me!!! FOR SURE!!! Good luck to all of you.... It's soooo worth it if you're one of us thinking about it.

5 weeks po

More pics oops
Hi! I am going to schedule an appointment with dr. T, if you don't mind could you answer some questions, you look amazing so I'm sure you are happy with the results, where you happy with dr.t? Why did you have it with no drains? Cost? I'm so nervous and excited!
Did you get my comment???
i just noticed I did not! Could you please rewrite it!
Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon