I Look and Feel at Least 15-Years Younger! Incredible Facial Rejuvenation by Dr. Catherine Winslow - Carmel, IN

2013 was a year of transformation for me. I had...

2013 was a year of transformation for me. I had facial rejuvenation and body contouring from head to knee! It all began with a tummy tuck on April 18th. Those results we're so dramatic that I decided to follow through on my long-held dream to do a total transformation.

Massive weight loss had left my face and body with sagging skin that aged me. Following my tummy tuck, I had my stage 2 body contouring on 10-10-13. That took care of everything below the neck. Then on 12-12-13 I took care of everything above the neck with facial rejuvenation by Dr. Winslow.

On my birthday in March of 2013 I was a size 14 and looked the 49 years that I had turned. But after my plastics I am a size 4 and look like I am in my 30s from head-to-toe. I am so very glad that I did this. I feel wonderful.

Dr. Winslow did incredible work. No one even comes close, and especially not for this kind of money. I consider myself extremely fortunate to have found two plastic surgeons who are each at the very top of their field (one for faces and one for bodies) and who do not charge people outrageous prices.

I never though that I would have a face and body like this at age 49! It is amazing what a highly skilled and talented plastic surgeon can achieve. I love my face and my body now. I am thrilled!!!

I know that you probably want to see photos, but I do not post photos of my face on the web. Not in any way that I would be recognizable anyway. You can see my body pix on my other reviews on RealSelf by visiting my profile.

OK, I have gathered my courage to post a few photos

Dr. Winslow did an amazing job on my neck, as shown in these before and after photos.

2-months post op

Next month, on March 18th, I turn 50. How old do I really look?

Face by Dr. Catherine Winslow, Body by Dr. Joseph F. Capella

The pix show my total body transformation at 2-mos post facial rejuvenation by Dr. Catherine Winslow and 4-mos post body contouring with Dr. Joseph F. Capella. I look like a completely new person!

You may visit my profile to see my other reviews and my "before" photos. I have lost: 15 years of aging on my face, 37 pounds of excess flesh and fat on my body, and 43 inches on my bust, chest, waist, abdo, thighs, knees, and arms. I have gone from a size 14/16 before body contouring plastic surgery to a size 4.

I still cannot believe what a dramatic transformation this has been. I am so blessed.

A Delightful Post-op with Dr. Winslow Today

I emailed a few pix to Dr. Winslow and asked about some scar tissue. There seemed to be an area under my chin that was harder and two small areas on the sides of my face near my ears. She responded to me right away -- as she always does -- and told me that I looked AMAZING and that I was welcomed to come in and see her.

When I arrived at her office this morning, all of the lovely women on her staff were excited to see my new face! They are always so welcoming and happy -- so much positive energy -- every time I go there. In the waiting area I met another patient. She was older than me, and looked absolutely stunning and elegant. I asked her if she had face work done with Dr. Winslow and she said yes. She was perfect -- Dr. Winslow did not do anything crazy like I have seen some plastic surgeon's do to mature women's faces. Wow, Dr. Winslow's work just completely blows me away. She does the best I have ever seen!

First I met with Heather, whom is my aesthetician at Heather Brown Studios, and who is the darling woman that referred me to Dr. Winslow. Heather had not seen me since my surgery. When I showed her my areas of concern, she had me feel under her chin and the two areas on the sides of her face that I had concerns about. Long story short, I was not used to feeling the bones on the sides of my face or the tightness under my chin that is NORMAL because I had so much excess skin on my face for so long (owing sagging from massive weight loss). How hilarious is that?!?! I keep discovering all these things about my body, like bones I have not felt since I was a teenager/early 20s.

Dr. Winslow and Triste the nurse came in next and Dr. Winslow greeted me with a big hug and smile. She is awesome -- always makes me feel so very welcomed to be there in her practice and always makes sure she has answered all my questions before I leave. So the four of us had some girl talk about my new body and face and it was fun! I shared with them some of my "before" photos of my body. They have only seen me as a size 4, but back in April of 2013 when I began my body contouring journey I was a size 14. I told them a few entertaining stories about reactions I have gotten from men and we all had a great laugh.

Dr. Winslow told me to lightly massage my face as the vigorous massage I had been doing may be causing inflammation. The right side of my face is still swollen more than the left (you might notice that in the pix I posted on Feb 5th). I was VERY happy when she told me that the right side will look like the left side once I am a little further out from my surgery.

It just so happened that I met with both of my plastic surgeons this week, each one a leader in their respective fields (facial plastic surgery, body contouring after weight loss). I shared photos with both of them of my body and face. Each surgeon found the other surgeon's work to be excellent. I am so stinking lucky to have found them... really, I am overjoyed... this sort of wonderful thing just doesn't happen to me... but it did!!!

I tell people all the time: You are not buying a procedure. You are buying a plastic surgeon. There are very few surgeons (if any) who could have delivered the results that Dr. Winslow delivered to me. She is amazingly talented and has a lovely bedside manner. I am so thrilled that I found her!

Finding the real me

Getting a Dx of diabetes was such a turning point in my life. It was a wake-up call that I answered. Had I not gotten diabetes, then I likely would not have gotten bariatric surgery and plastic surgery and turned my health and my life around.

It is hard to look at old photos and reflect back on how I abused my body for so long. But it is a wonderful dose of reality to see how far I have come and reminder that I must now and forever take excellent care of my body. If you click thru to my profile, you may read about the other surgeries I have had and see before and after photographs of my results.

I once weighed 285 pounds and was on 10 prescription medications for obesity related diseases. I did a total,body transformation in 2013. Everything on my wish list has been completed except the breast augmentation, which I plan to get in June of 2014.

I have been free of obesity and my obesity related illnesses for more than a decade. The plastic surgery was the completion of erasing the sins of my past, getting rid of the telltale skin that was a constant reminder that I was a failure with regard to respecting my body for so long.

Never could I have done this without my gastric bypass and body contouring. But they aren't the easy way out. It took dedication to change the behaviors that led me to be morbidly obese in the first place. I eat very healthy - no processed foods, no grains (that includes corn), no red meat, no sugar sweetened beverages, no "diet" beverages or foods, no artificial sweeteners, no potatoes. I eat everything fresh, and organic as much as possible.

I workout. I love planks and squats and HIIT and lifting weights and sprints with my dog blue and BodyCombat class. I hate yoga and BodyJam class and cycling and Burpees and just about any cardio machine.

I am grateful that I persisted in doing that. I am thankful that I had insurance coverage for my weight loss surgery. I am blessed to have had the money for body contouring. I am deeply endeared to my two very talented and relatively affordably plastic surgeons - Dr. Catherine Winslow and Dr. Joseph F. Capella. Most of all, I am so very happy to be the person I am today.

Not only did it shame me to look at my naked body in the mirror, but also it kept me from fully being present to living a life I love. I am so stinking happy nowadays. Today I'm a size small and living larger than ever!

Whoever you are reading this, know that you have within you what it takes to succeed. My wish for you is that you live a life you love and love the life you live.

A funny thing happened at the BMV

Today I attempted to renew my driver's license. I presented my passport for ID. But upon looking at the photo taken a few years ago, then looking to my face, then back and forth between the passport photo and my face a few times, the woman at BMV said, "This is you?" I laughed and gave her my driver's license, "Yes. Look here. It is me." She looked at my DL photo and said, "This doesn't look like you." She said it in the most polite and complimentary way. She beleived it was me, but was incredulous at how different I looked. She called her co-workers over to look at my "before" photos. Comments included, "Wow" and "You've lost a lot of weight" and various remarks about how stylish I am.

Needless to say it was the best ever experience I have had at the Bureau of Motor Vehicle. hahahaha I am so enjoying having fun with my transformation.

The Big Reveal - What Procedures Dr. Winslow Did on My Face

On my flight to California the women in my row discussed what they did to relieve the shock of turning 50. One woman said she created a blog to journal her experience, and I forget what the other woman had done but it was equally tame. I surprised them and made them laugh when I told them that I had plastic surgery to take the sting out of turning 50. My birthday is tomorrow and I am 5-mos post body contouring with Dr. Joseph F. Capella and 3-mos post facelift with Dr. Catherine Winslow.

Here are the facial procedures I had done with Dr. Winslow:
Facelift
Neck lift
SMAS to tear troughs
Upper eye lid lift
Chin implant
Lip lift
Filler to lips, marionette lines, and nasal folds

I have one surgery left for breast augmentation and body contouring revisions with Dr. Capella on May 29th. You may follow my journey here http://www.realself.com/review/ramsey-nj-stage-breast-augmentation-dr-joseph-capella-ramsey-nj-super-excited#/

My Photo Shoot in NYC

One week before my 50th birthday, I did a photo shoot in New York City with a colleague and friend who is a photographer. It was terrific fun and he got some great shots! I felt like a model!!

Feeling like I Just Celebrated My 30th Birthday, Not My 50th

Thanks to the brilliance of Dr. Winslow, I feel like I just turned 30 not 50!!!

Color pix from my photo shoot

Getting Back My High School Face

Dr. Catherine Winslow gave me - at 50 yrs old - a matured version of the face I had in high school. My face had been damaged from years of morbid obesity and massive weight loss. Today I am a size small and living larger than ever!

You May Look Inhuman after Plastic Surgery

Be prepared that if you get a face lift by a facial plastic surgeon that s/he is likely to do a whole lot more to maximize improvement and rejuvenation than a regular plastic surgeon will. If so, the extensive amount of work might leave you looking inhuman for a week or more. And you may not look like yourself months. But, ultimately you will look like yourself, only better, much better. It truly takes a year to see your ultimate results, but after 3-4-months you will be looking great.

Here are a few early post op photos so you can see what I mean.

Dr. Catherine Winslow is amazing!

Dr. Winslow continues to impress me - and I am not easily impressed! While some surgeons leave your side after surgery, and others leave your side after recovery, Dr. Winslow continues to provide the same level of excellence to me now even at 5-mos post op that she has provided since my initial consult.

I emailed her today and she got back to me immediately -- just as she has always done. As a business professional I use a lot of email to communicate, and I have never in all my career seen anyone as quick to respond as Dr. Winslow. That's a a fact -- and it make me feel respected and valued as her patient.

What's more, before I even completed my second email to her, Dr. Winslow's practice was calling me on the phone to schedule an appointment. I truly appreciate and admire that level of professionalism.

I have been in the cosmetic plastic surgery field for more than a year now and I have seen a whole lot of mediocre work and sub-par patient care from other surgeons. But Dr. Winslow hits the high note - the highest note - in terms of the quality of her work and the care she provides before, during, and after surgery. Dr. Winslow is amazing and as I have said many times now, I am so happy that I found her.

My Bariatric Life "before" and "after" plastic surgery - yes, this really is me!

Having gone through my transformation, I think that I now know how people feel having hit the lottery after decades of living in poverty. My results from facial rejuvenation with Dr. Catherine Winslow and body contouring plastic surgery with Dr. Joseph F. Capella are so good, that it is sometimes surreal. After a decade of not having achieved the body and face I wanted to achieve from weight loss surgery, there are times when I feel as if this is just a wonderful dream. And I might awaken from this wonderful dream, lying in my bed in my former puddle of flesh, and not caring much about how I looked.

Just a little more than a year ago, the "before" photo above was taken at Easter. Yes, hard to believe that the person in both images is one and the same. The "after" photo was taken this past March, just 3-mos after my facial plastics with Dr. Winslow and 5-mos after my stage 2 body contouring with Dr. Capella.

I now have the body that weight loss surgery could not give me. It has been decades since I looked this good. Dr. Winslow must have taken 15-years off my face! She gave me a mature version of the pretty face I had in high school. I am going to my high school class reunion this year and I will be very proud to show everyone that I look nearly the same as I did the last time they saw me (32 years ago).

As of this writing, I have lost 50-inches and 40-pounds. I went from a size 14 jeans being tight to size 2 jeans in less than a year since my tummy tuck (my first plastic surgery). Never did I imagine that a simple tummy tuck would lead to this.

If it can happen to me, then it can happen to you. And it's a whole lot more possible than your chances of winning the lottery! It really can and does happen. Just checkout the ~thousand photos on Dr. Capella's website. As for Dr. Winslow, if you think her website gallery is impressive, just wait until you see the before and after photos in her practice.

I hit the lottery alright!

Dr. Winslow Gave Me Back the Pretty Face I had in High School

Years of morbid obesity and massive weight loss did lots of damage to my once pretty face. But Dr. Winslow took out her magic scalpel and Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo, she made my wish come true! I have a matured version of the pretty face that I had in high school.

The before and after photos show my face at the time of high school graduation in 1982, then my executive portrait taken in 2012, and finally my face at 50-yrs old taken in 2014. I don't think it gets any better than this.

I am convinced that very few facial plastic surgeons can do what Dr. Winslow has done for me.

Outdoor photo shoot - 6-mos post facial plastic surgery

I did another photo shoot with my photographer friend. He loves to shoot me and I love to be shot, so it works out nicely. We did some outdoor scenes this time at the Grounds for Scultpure. A woman who works there thought I was a real model - hilarious! It was another fun time! I love living life fully after plastic surgery. I am having such a good time!

My Bariatric Life 6-mos Post FaceLift etc with Catherine Winslow MD (Winslow Facial Plastic Surgery)

I had my 6-mos post op yesterday (well, it is really 7-mos but who's counting). Everyone greeted me with big smiles. Triste the nurse asked how come I look better each time she sees me. Dr. Winslow greeted me with her usual, "Hello gorgeous!" I love this place!

Everything is healing nicely. This truly was an easy surgery and recovery -- and compared to my body contouring plastic surgeries, it was a breeze! The one thing I will say that helped tremendously is a fellow patient prepared me well in advance that my face would look almost inhuman for a while. I looked pretty bad for the first two-months (see earlier post with photos). Later, my husband would say I looked good but I did not look like me. But Dr. Winslow assured me that I would look like me, only better. She was right. At 3-mos post op I had a matured version of the face I had in high school. By 6-mod post op my face looked even "smoother" -- is the best way I can put it.

During my exam, Triste said that she doesn't like the way my body is absorbing Juvaderm and will try Restylane next time for my filler. We discussed the hollows under my eyes that are now more noticeable since my swelling from surgery has gone down. Triste, who is simply AMAZING with injecting filler, said we will try Voluma to even out the surface. Filler is nothing short of amazing in reducing facial creases and making me look instantly younger -- see my Juvaderm review if interested. Here's an analogy: Think of how dramatic hair dye is in making you look younger by covering your grey hair. That is how dramatic filler can be to making your face look younger.

After my exam, I spoke a bit with Dr. Winslow as to why she became a plastic surgeon. She began doing facial reconstruction on children in the Oklahoma bombing and when she put a little boy's face back together whom had been shot at point bank range in the jaw, she knew she had found her calling. She went on to work at Walter Reed Medical Center during the years when so many soldiers were coming back from the Middle East "in pieces." I am sure she put many faces and many lives back together, whole and complete again. That is a very powerful thing to be able to do for someone. I am in awe, quite frankly.

Dr. Winslow has done over 1000 facelifts. I asked her what is more powerful/rewarding for her, the facial reconstruction work she does, saving her patient's lives whom have melanoma, or cosmetic surgery? Dr. Winslow said it is all very rewarding. She went on to explain how wonderful it is to perform facial rejuvenation on a patient who then goes on to live life fully and joyfully -- feeling wonderful inside and out (my words not Dr. Winslow's).

Yeah, I know exactly what she is talking about. I am about the happiest I have ever been in my life. Even though I was a confident woman before weight loss and plastic surgery, I was not confident about my looks. I did not realize just how much that was holding me back. Now I have confidence in my appearance and thus I am doing things I never would have done before. It really is hard to explain, but my constraints have been lifted and nothing is holding me back from doing anything I want to do.

Life is beautiful. Thank you, Dr. Winslow, Triste, and Erin (my nurses)!

A plastic surgeon's training, experience, credentials, and body of work are what matter

Beware of the lipstick on a pig phenomena -- you walk into a plastic surgeon's practice and are blown away by a beautiful spa-like atmosphere, fancy address, and slick website as opposed to what is really important. Any surgeon can pay a designer to create a beautiful interior. Any surgeon can hire a digital marketer to create an impressive website. Do not be distracted by the lipstick on a pig.

What really matters is a plastic surgeon's training, experience, credentials, and body of work. When I walk into Dr. Winslow's practice I feel like I have walked into a doctor's office not a spa. That is what I want. This is a big surgery, serious stuff that I had done. I am not coming for a hot stone pedicure. I am not looking for fountains and lemon-mint water and plush robes. I once fell prey to a plastic surgeon who ran his practice like that -- big BIG mistake!

I looked at Dr. Winslow's training and her experience doing facial reconstruction, putting children's faces back together after the Oklahoma bombing. I looked at her service at Walter Reed putting soldiers' faces back together after Afghanastan. I look at her training and credentials, having done more than 1000 facelifts. I looked at her extremely impressive before and after photos of cosmetic surgery procedures. I asked Dr. Winslow all the tough questions about infection rates and how she would handle me in an emergency. Her replies made me feel safe and secure in her care.

I liked that she was able to offer solutions, sometimes multiple solutions, for all my areas of concern. I never felt that she pushed a procedure on me or recommended something I did not need. In fact, when I told her that I was not ready to give up tanning, she told me not to do the chemical peel during my surgery. I respect that she was more interested in my satisfaction than her profit margin. There is a lot of upsetting that goes on in this industry. Watch out for the snack oil salesmen.

As for Dr. Winslow, I am so very happy to recommend her for facial plastic surgery, and Triste her nurse for filler. If you like what Winslow Facial Plastic Surgery did for me (and the price I paid) then you may want to explore what she can do for you.

I am so happy that I found Winslow Facial Plastic Surgery and went through with ALL of the procedures that I had done. Never did I dream I could look and feel so good at 50yo!
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

I had my facial rejuvenation on 12-10-13 with Dr. Catherine Winslow because her work simply blew me away, and no other plastic surgeon's work even came close to getting me enthused. I have searched for a long time for a plastic surgeon whose face lift work impressed me. I could find no one. The before and afters photos always looked the same to me. Then my aesthetician told me about Dr. Winslow, that she is simply the best there is. I had very high standards going into Dr. Winslow for a consult. After all, I had had my entire body contouring plastic surgery in 2013 by one of the top surgeons in this category, and the results were incredible. So I was looking for a surgeon who could deliver those kind of results for my face. Meeting with Dr. Winslow was thrilling. I had so many areas of concern for my face. And she told me how she could address every one of them! I asked her if there was anything else that she would want to address because I did not want to look "refreshed" I told her that I wanted to look young! So she suggested some other procedures. For each procedure that I was considering, she showed me before and after photos on her wide screen monitor. I was smitten! I knew there was no other surgeon who could deliver such dramatic results so consistently. She is absolutely amazing at what she does, and she has a lovely bedside manner. She is prompt to return emails and she definitely brings a woman's touch to the experience. She phoned me the night of my surgery to see how I was and the next day I received a lovely gift basket in the mail. She also gave me many free products that other surgeons normally charge for. I just adore her and her staff and I absolutely love love love my results. And before I booked my surgery, I asked Dr. Winslow all the tough questions. She always had impressive stats to share with me and was always polite in answering some very pointed questions. What is more, Dr. Winslow gave me an excellent price on my procedures. This was a very good price that I paid for such a highly qualified surgeon to do all these procedures and deliver such spectacular results. My friends tell me I am gorgeous, beautiful, that I look like a model, that I look in my 20s or 30s (I am 49). I give her my highest recommendation to anyone considering facial rejuvenation. Wow!

Your beautiful results speaks volumes!! And what you said above, I agree!!
Thank you and thank you!
Lovely!!
Thank you, my dear. I am SO glad that I chose Dr. Winslow for my facial plastic surgery.
What a journey and what a transformation for you. Congratulations and all the best with your new life. Gorgeous.
Thanks so very much for the compliments and well wishes - much appreciated!
Congratulations for your good result you look very pretty!
Thank you!!!
Did your FL surgeon give you any idea as to how long your results might last??
I will always have my results as long as I take care,of myself, but I will continue to age from this point forward, as opposed to aging from the point that I was at before my facial plastics.
You look absolutely fabulous!
Thank you! You do, too, my dear.
Yip, I'm happy with my abdomen but when seeing your renovated face, I keep thinking, hey for another $15000 or so I could look a lot more refreshed if not a lot younger IF I have a FL!!
I looked very incomplete with just my body being done. I said it looked 18 from the shoulders down and 80 from the shoulders up!
Hi Bar, day 6 here, Look about like you did.... waiting for 10 day mark... tomorrow, round #2, arms & lift... Happy I put off 3 til sept... No way could I do a 3rd, next week.... I am Loving the results, i have my high cheek again, no bags, and Oh lips again, OMG, Loving it... Can't put a Tag on beauty & How you feel.. Best Investment ever... I am so down for it all Like You... Thanks You, for your reviews, Really helped me make my mind up... and I am 1 Happy camper
THAT all is wonderful to hear!!!! A good surgery friend totally prepared me for the face. She said it would be very hard emotionally if I was not prepared -- and she knew what an emotional time I had with my first surgery, my tummy tuck. She warned me that my face would look BAD. So I was thankfully well-prepared because of her and I am very grateful for that. She and I both had our body contouring with Dr. Capella and our faces with facial plastic surgeons. It is amazing how someone can touch you in a very personal way, make a tremendous impact on your life, and yet you may never know that person's real name or face. As for you, you must be a very strong woman to go back and do the arms and lift so soon after the face!!! I had not realized you were doing them so close together. I love that you are so over the moon about your transformation! Continued good healing!
Your before and after pics of your face look like they could be Mother and Daughter photos....incredable transformation!
Thanks, sweetie!!! I honestly was looking very much like my paternal grandmother.
No Kidding AZDee, Mother & Daughter, Keeping My fingers crossed, for those results.... You too Look amazingly young My Dear...=)
Awww, thanks ladies! The filler just amazes me what a HUGE difference it makes. Too bad you have to keep feeding that machine! Yup, AZDee looks fantabulous!!!! And you are well on your way there, my dear!!!
You look like a totally different person now. I'm so happy for you. I dont think I need anything done to my face yet, but in the next few years I will. Thank you for sharing. You look amazing!
Thank you very much, darling! It is my pleasure to share my experience. It has been one heck of a ride.
Bar Considering my nose???? What do you think??? yay or nay???
I think you should wait at least 3-mos if not more to see what your new face looks like with your old nose in order to make that decision. What is it that you do not like about your nose?
The tip, and wideness of it....