Exceeded Expectations! I Look and Feel 15-Years Younger! Incredible Facial Rejuvenation by Dr. Catherine Winslow, Carmel, IN.

2013 was a year of transformation for me. I had...

2013 was a year of transformation for me. I had facial rejuvenation and body contouring from head to knee! It all began with a tummy tuck on April 18th. Those results we're so dramatic that I decided to follow through on my long-held dream to do a total transformation.

Massive weight loss had left my face and body with sagging skin that aged me. Following my tummy tuck, I had my stage 2 body contouring on 10-10-13. That took care of everything below the neck. Then on 12-12-13 I took care of everything above the neck with facial rejuvenation by Dr. Winslow.

On my birthday in March of 2013 I was a size 14 and looked the 49 years that I had turned. But after my plastics I am a size 4 and look like I am in my 30s from head-to-toe. I am so very glad that I did this. I feel wonderful.

Dr. Winslow did incredible work. No one even comes close, and especially not for this kind of money. I consider myself extremely fortunate to have found two plastic surgeons who are each at the very top of their field (one for faces and one for bodies) and who do not charge people outrageous prices.

I never though that I would have a face and body like this at age 49! It is amazing what a highly skilled and talented plastic surgeon can achieve. I love my face and my body now. I am thrilled!!!

I know that you probably want to see photos, but I do not post photos of my face on the web. Not in any way that I would be recognizable anyway. You can see my body pix on my other reviews on RealSelf by visiting my profile.

Did you travel to IN for your face work or have you moved there? And did you post pics that are under another review or will you be posting soon? Also do you know what type facelift you had? Was your anesthesia IV or general? thanks, grace
Hi - I had IV sedation and I did wake up during the surgery. I was surprisingly calm, kept my eyes closed, and told the doctor I was awake. Sorry but I do not post photos of my face on the web. Not in any way that I would be recognizable anyway. Thanks for your interest, and yes, I love in IN.
*live

OK, I have gathered my courage to post a few photos

Dr. Winslow did an amazing job on my neck, as shown in these before and after photos.

Did you do a lip lift? Other than a face and neck lift what other procedures did you have and do you know what kind of facelift Dr Winslow did for you?
She did either a SMAS or sub SMAS.

2-months post op

Next month, on March 18th, I turn 50. How old do I really look?

Just came across your photos - ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! I would never have known you had anything done - you look so natural. Thank you for sharing your story and photos :)
Awww, thank you so very much. I will tell you that I did not look human for the first two weeks! But it was worth it to get rid of my fat jowls and neck!
Beautiful!!! I'm so happy for you!

Face by Dr. Catherine Winslow, Body by Dr. Joseph F. Capella

The pix show my total body transformation at 2-mos post facial rejuvenation by Dr. Catherine Winslow and 4-mos post body contouring with Dr. Joseph F. Capella. I look like a completely new person!

You may visit my profile to see my other reviews and my "before" photos. I have lost: 15 years of aging on my face, 37 pounds of excess flesh and fat on my body, and 43 inches on my bust, chest, waist, abdo, thighs, knees, and arms. I have gone from a size 14/16 before body contouring plastic surgery to a size 4.

I still cannot believe what a dramatic transformation this has been. I am so blessed.

You look fabulous -- your doctor did good!!! Oh, and of course you at the patient too!
Thank you! I appreciate it!
Thank you for sharing your experiences. I've enjoyed reading your updates. How long was it before you felt ok to go out in public after the FL?

A Delightful Post-op with Dr. Winslow Today

I emailed a few pix to Dr. Winslow and asked about some scar tissue. There seemed to be an area under my chin that was harder and two small areas on the sides of my face near my ears. She responded to me right away -- as she always does -- and told me that I looked AMAZING and that I was welcomed to come in and see her.

When I arrived at her office this morning, all of the lovely women on her staff were excited to see my new face! They are always so welcoming and happy -- so much positive energy -- every time I go there. In the waiting area I met another patient. She was older than me, and looked absolutely stunning and elegant. I asked her if she had face work done with Dr. Winslow and she said yes. She was perfect -- Dr. Winslow did not do anything crazy like I have seen some plastic surgeon's do to mature women's faces. Wow, Dr. Winslow's work just completely blows me away. She does the best I have ever seen!

First I met with Heather, whom is my aesthetician at Heather Brown Studios, and who is the darling woman that referred me to Dr. Winslow. Heather had not seen me since my surgery. When I showed her my areas of concern, she had me feel under her chin and the two areas on the sides of her face that I had concerns about. Long story short, I was not used to feeling the bones on the sides of my face or the tightness under my chin that is NORMAL because I had so much excess skin on my face for so long (owing sagging from massive weight loss). How hilarious is that?!?! I keep discovering all these things about my body, like bones I have not felt since I was a teenager/early 20s.

Dr. Winslow and Triste the nurse came in next and Dr. Winslow greeted me with a big hug and smile. She is awesome -- always makes me feel so very welcomed to be there in her practice and always makes sure she has answered all my questions before I leave. So the four of us had some girl talk about my new body and face and it was fun! I shared with them some of my "before" photos of my body. They have only seen me as a size 4, but back in April of 2013 when I began my body contouring journey I was a size 14. I told them a few entertaining stories about reactions I have gotten from men and we all had a great laugh.

Dr. Winslow told me to lightly massage my face as the vigorous massage I had been doing may be causing inflammation. The right side of my face is still swollen more than the left (you might notice that in the pix I posted on Feb 5th). I was VERY happy when she told me that the right side will look like the left side once I am a little further out from my surgery.

It just so happened that I met with both of my plastic surgeons this week, each one a leader in their respective fields (facial plastic surgery, body contouring after weight loss). I shared photos with both of them of my body and face. Each surgeon found the other surgeon's work to be excellent. I am so stinking lucky to have found them... really, I am overjoyed... this sort of wonderful thing just doesn't happen to me... but it did!!!

I tell people all the time: You are not buying a procedure. You are buying a plastic surgeon. There are very few surgeons (if any) who could have delivered the results that Dr. Winslow delivered to me. She is amazingly talented and has a lovely bedside manner. I am so thrilled that I found her!

Congrats on your amazing transformation! 2014 is my year and I'm so looking forward to it!
Good for you!!! Don't let. Anything stand in your way or realizing your dream!

Finding the real me

Getting a Dx of diabetes was such a turning point in my life. It was a wake-up call that I answered. Had I not gotten diabetes, then I likely would not have gotten bariatric surgery and plastic surgery and turned my health and my life around.

It is hard to look at old photos and reflect back on how I abused my body for so long. But it is a wonderful dose of reality to see how far I have come and reminder that I must now and forever take excellent care of my body. If you click thru to my profile, you may read about the other surgeries I have had and see before and after photographs of my results.

I once weighed 285 pounds and was on 10 prescription medications for obesity related diseases. I did a total,body transformation in 2013. Everything on my wish list has been completed except the breast augmentation, which I plan to get in June of 2014.

I have been free of obesity and my obesity related illnesses for more than a decade. The plastic surgery was the completion of erasing the sins of my past, getting rid of the telltale skin that was a constant reminder that I was a failure with regard to respecting my body for so long.

Never could I have done this without my gastric bypass and body contouring. But they aren't the easy way out. It took dedication to change the behaviors that led me to be morbidly obese in the first place. I eat very healthy - no processed foods, no grains (that includes corn), no red meat, no sugar sweetened beverages, no "diet" beverages or foods, no artificial sweeteners, no potatoes. I eat everything fresh, and organic as much as possible.

I workout. I love planks and squats and HIIT and lifting weights and sprints with my dog blue and BodyCombat class. I hate yoga and BodyJam class and cycling and Burpees and just about any cardio machine.

I am grateful that I persisted in doing that. I am thankful that I had insurance coverage for my weight loss surgery. I am blessed to have had the money for body contouring. I am deeply endeared to my two very talented and relatively affordably plastic surgeons - Dr. Catherine Winslow and Dr. Joseph F. Capella. Most of all, I am so very happy to be the person I am today.

Not only did it shame me to look at my naked body in the mirror, but also it kept me from fully being present to living a life I love. I am so stinking happy nowadays. Today I'm a size small and living larger than ever!

Whoever you are reading this, know that you have within you what it takes to succeed. My wish for you is that you live a life you love and love the life you live.

You go girl!! :)
Thank you, my love!

A funny thing happened at the BMV

Today I attempted to renew my driver's license. I presented my passport for ID. But upon looking at the photo taken a few years ago, then looking to my face, then back and forth between the passport photo and my face a few times, the woman at BMV said, "This is you?" I laughed and gave her my driver's license, "Yes. Look here. It is me." She looked at my DL photo and said, "This doesn't look like you." She said it in the most polite and complimentary way. She beleived it was me, but was incredulous at how different I looked. She called her co-workers over to look at my "before" photos. Comments included, "Wow" and "You've lost a lot of weight" and various remarks about how stylish I am.

Needless to say it was the best ever experience I have had at the Bureau of Motor Vehicle. hahahaha I am so enjoying having fun with my transformation.

You look so awesome! Firstly, you're super brave! Secondly, you made the perfect choice in doctor! She did a fantastic job, and I think you look like you are in your 20's! When does the pain go away? When does the numbness subside? I'd really appreciate if you could share that with me. Did you have drainage tubes? Dissolving stitches? Did your forehead size increase? These are my concerns, thank you for helping me Beautiful! You rock!
Thank you! I am still healing, have some swelling and scar tissue that needs to subside. Dr. Winslow said it takes one-year. From what I recall the pain lasted for a few days. I was particularly swollen and bruised because I had a lot of bleeding. So that increases the pain, but even with that, it was not very painful. What does last a long time is tenderness. A certain way that I touch my face, or sleeping on the side of my head is not always comfortable. It took a few months before I could lay on the side of my head. I did not have any drains and she had me wear the compression headgear with ice packs for a week. It took about three weeks for me to look presentable enough to go out in public, owing to all the bruising. Yes, I had dissolvable stitches. And Dr. Windlow puts the incision in the ear not I front of the ear. This is hugely wonderful!!! No one wants a big telltale incision in front of their ears. No. My forehead did not get bigger. I still have localized numbness on the area in front of my ears.
Thank you so much for answering. You look truly awesome! I appreciate the details about the 'discomfort while laying on your side', as I am a side sleeper. Additionally, I wondered about the drainage tubes as most major surgeries involve them. I'm so scared of them, the thought of ripping them out by accident and the drainage. Finally, I inquired about the forehead because I have a palm sized forehead and fear it looking any larger than it already is... You look fabulous, and your braveness is incredible... You did it, and you look fabulous! Enjoy the benefits! All the best!

The Big Reveal - What Procedures Dr. Winslow Did on My Face

On my flight to California the women in my row discussed what they did to relieve the shock of turning 50. One woman said she created a blog to journal her experience, and I forget what the other woman had done but it was equally tame. I surprised them and made them laugh when I told them that I had plastic surgery to take the sting out of turning 50. My birthday is tomorrow and I am 5-mos post body contouring with Dr. Joseph F. Capella and 3-mos post facelift with Dr. Catherine Winslow.

Here are the facial procedures I had done with Dr. Winslow:
Facelift
Neck lift
SMAS to tear troughs
Upper eye lid lift
Chin implant
Lip lift
Filler to lips, marionette lines, and nasal folds

I have one surgery left for breast augmentation and body contouring revisions with Dr. Capella on May 29th. You may follow my journey here http://www.realself.com/review/ramsey-nj-stage-breast-augmentation-dr-joseph-capella-ramsey-nj-super-excited#/

MBLife, To be so close to "finished" must be very exciting; and your results have been incredible. What was the healing from the lip lift like? Do you know how it was done and do you have any residual numbness or noticeable scarring? Never heard of SMAS to lower lid. Is that like a cheek lift and were there incisions inside the lower lid? Those don't require stitches b/c they heal by themselves but was wondering if this was a separate lifting accomplished thru the lower lid itself. tks, grace
Hi Grace and thanks for your nice note. I am glad to be finishing up my surgery and completing my transformation. It has been a long and arduous journey. As for the lip lift, it was easy peasy. I am only 3-mos out and my scar is a thin white line with some redness around it. The redness should go away over time. I saw someone with darker skin than mine and her scar was nearly imperceptible. There is no numbness. Essentially the incision is made along the bottom of the nose and the lip is turned out so that more of the pink shows. As for the SMAS to tear troughs, there is no incision in my lower lid. Dr. Winslow went in under my skin while she was doing the face lift. There was not a lot of pain from the face lift overall.
MBLife, Forgot to ask....was the posted cost the surgeon's fee only or all cost included in Dr Winslow's surgery? And do you know how long the total surgery lasted? grace

My Photo Shoot in NYC

One week before my 50th birthday, I did a photo shoot in New York City with a colleague and friend who is a photographer. It was terrific fun and he got some great shots! I felt like a model!!

Gorgeous !!!! My mom is having a facelift in April!
Thank you!!! And I hope your mom is using Dr. Winslow!
You look great! I would guess maybe 40 not 50!

Feeling like I Just Celebrated My 30th Birthday, Not My 50th

Thanks to the brilliance of Dr. Winslow, I feel like I just turned 30 not 50!!!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Color pix from my photo shoot

Gorgeous!! Your skin looks beautiful too!! Seeing results like yours makes it easier to take the plunge and get the procedures done. Your PS is for sure is tops!!
THANK YOU! Dr. Winslow simply does the best facial plastics of all. And her prices are good. I would not go to anyone else.
Gorgeous !! Loving the leather jacket, tough-girl look - you are rockin' it!!

Getting Back My High School Face

Dr. Catherine Winslow gave me - at 50 yrs old - a matured version of the face I had in high school. My face had been damaged from years of morbid obesity and massive weight loss. Today I am a size small and living larger than ever!

You May Look Inhuman after Plastic Surgery

Be prepared that if you get a face lift by a facial plastic surgeon that s/he is likely to do a whole lot more to maximize improvement and rejuvenation than a regular plastic surgeon will. If so, the extensive amount of work might leave you looking inhuman for a week or more. And you may not look like yourself months. But, ultimately you will look like yourself, only better, much better. It truly takes a year to see your ultimate results, but after 3-4-months you will be looking great.

Here are a few early post op photos so you can see what I mean.

Look great! After your fl did you have any fillers or fat added in the tear trough area? The 3/4 week pics show a very marked difference between the cheek and under eye. But the final result has a perfect transition ~very full under the eye. Just wondering if swelling reduction or fat/filler helped with the transition. You have had an amazing journey...grace60
Thank you! No filler to tear troughs. I think the difference is the bruising in week 3 under the eyes, which is hidden with makeup in week 4 pic.
She's in RI, so she went to my ps in Boston. She's a week post op & already impatient with the healing process! She's not used to be in the house so much. She only had mid face & neck. When did you feel comfortable going out in public?

Dr. Catherine Winslow is amazing!

Dr. Winslow continues to impress me - and I am not easily impressed! While some surgeons leave your side after surgery, and others leave your side after recovery, Dr. Winslow continues to provide the same level of excellence to me now even at 5-mos post op that she has provided since my initial consult.

I emailed her today and she got back to me immediately -- just as she has always done. As a business professional I use a lot of email to communicate, and I have never in all my career seen anyone as quick to respond as Dr. Winslow. That's a a fact -- and it make me feel respected and valued as her patient.

What's more, before I even completed my second email to her, Dr. Winslow's practice was calling me on the phone to schedule an appointment. I truly appreciate and admire that level of professionalism.

I have been in the cosmetic plastic surgery field for more than a year now and I have seen a whole lot of mediocre work and sub-par patient care from other surgeons. But Dr. Winslow hits the high note - the highest note - in terms of the quality of her work and the care she provides before, during, and after surgery. Dr. Winslow is amazing and as I have said many times now, I am so happy that I found her.

This is such a wonderful review, great pics!! Great description of what you went through. Having your face re done, is such a major (and scary) decision, and seeing your beautiful transformation takes some of the fear out of it!
Thank you!!! I felt pretty calm and confident going into this surgery but it was a scary decision to make, to actually sign on the dotted line so to speak. Michelle at the practice really prodded me along. She was a bit pushy because we scheduled the surgery only a week in advance, but it was exactly the push I needed. I am really glad she did that in the end. I would have forever regretted not getting this done with Dr. Winslow.
How did you find Dr. Windslow??? You must have done a LOT of research. Did you know of anybody you knew personally who had a facelift done by her? Even though I've thought of having a facelift I don't think it will ever happen. It must take a LOT of courage to have somebody work on your face---much more so than on the rest of the body. After all, you can't cover up your face and if the results are terrible you would regret it forever!!

My Bariatric Life "before" and "after" plastic surgery - yes, this really is me!

Having gone through my transformation, I think that I now know how people feel having hit the lottery after decades of living in poverty. My results from facial rejuvenation with Dr. Catherine Winslow and body contouring plastic surgery with Dr. Joseph F. Capella are so good, that it is sometimes surreal. After a decade of not having achieved the body and face I wanted to achieve from weight loss surgery, there are times when I feel as if this is just a wonderful dream. And I might awaken from this wonderful dream, lying in my bed in my former puddle of flesh, and not caring much about how I looked.

Just a little more than a year ago, the "before" photo above was taken at Easter. Yes, hard to believe that the person in both images is one and the same. The "after" photo was taken this past March, just 3-mos after my facial plastics with Dr. Winslow and 5-mos after my stage 2 body contouring with Dr. Capella.

I now have the body that weight loss surgery could not give me. It has been decades since I looked this good. Dr. Winslow must have taken 15-years off my face! She gave me a mature version of the pretty face I had in high school. I am going to my high school class reunion this year and I will be very proud to show everyone that I look nearly the same as I did the last time they saw me (32 years ago).

As of this writing, I have lost 50-inches and 40-pounds. I went from a size 14 jeans being tight to size 2 jeans in less than a year since my tummy tuck (my first plastic surgery). Never did I imagine that a simple tummy tuck would lead to this.

If it can happen to me, then it can happen to you. And it's a whole lot more possible than your chances of winning the lottery! It really can and does happen. Just checkout the ~thousand photos on Dr. Capella's website. As for Dr. Winslow, if you think her website gallery is impressive, just wait until you see the before and after photos in her practice.

I hit the lottery alright!

Hi Bar, I am going to get lower eyes done too, so Pretty much everything like YOU.... You are my inspiration.... Hope results as Good... had TT, now face arms breasts then, legs later, calves are aokay as I lost 61lbs, and exercise everyday.... (LOL not this week) but thats due to surgery next week, planning and running errands.... anyway, because of age and weight loss as you know, skin doesn't snap back..... SOOOOO, Ya, Need thighs as I previously posted to you , to complete, my transformation.... just need to convince Fiancee, Hopefully I will look so amazing he wont object....=) Thanks for all the up dates, YOU are amazing....
Well thank you! My husband did not think I needed plastic surgery but he sure does love my body now - not to mention my change in attitude. With regard to eyes, I had SMAS from my face added to fill out the hollows beneath my eyes but now it seems like it is going away somehow. I have an appt to get filler to my lips next week with Triste at Dr. Winslow's and I will ask about it.
BTW who is your surgeon? Are you using the same surgeon for body and face work?

Dr. Winslow Gave Me Back the Pretty Face I had in High School

Years of morbid obesity and massive weight loss did lots of damage to my once pretty face. But Dr. Winslow took out her magic scalpel and Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo, she made my wish come true! I have a matured version of the pretty face that I had in high school.

The before and after photos show my face at the time of high school graduation in 1982, then my executive portrait taken in 2012, and finally my face at 50-yrs old taken in 2014. I don't think it gets any better than this.

I am convinced that very few facial plastic surgeons can do what Dr. Winslow has done for me.

Hi Bar, day 6 here, Look about like you did.... waiting for 10 day mark... tomorrow, round #2, arms & lift... Happy I put off 3 til sept... No way could I do a 3rd, next week.... I am Loving the results, i have my high cheek again, no bags, and Oh lips again, OMG, Loving it... Can't put a Tag on beauty & How you feel.. Best Investment ever... I am so down for it all Like You... Thanks You, for your reviews, Really helped me make my mind up... and I am 1 Happy camper
THAT all is wonderful to hear!!!! A good surgery friend totally prepared me for the face. She said it would be very hard emotionally if I was not prepared -- and she knew what an emotional time I had with my first surgery, my tummy tuck. She warned me that my face would look BAD. So I was thankfully well-prepared because of her and I am very grateful for that. She and I both had our body contouring with Dr. Capella and our faces with facial plastic surgeons. It is amazing how someone can touch you in a very personal way, make a tremendous impact on your life, and yet you may never know that person's real name or face. As for you, you must be a very strong woman to go back and do the arms and lift so soon after the face!!! I had not realized you were doing them so close together. I love that you are so over the moon about your transformation! Continued good healing!
Your before and after pics of your face look like they could be Mother and Daughter photos....incredable transformation!

Outdoor photo shoot - 6-mos post facial plastic surgery

I did another photo shoot with my photographer friend. He loves to shoot me and I love to be shot, so it works out nicely. We did some outdoor scenes this time at the Grounds for Scultpure. A woman who works there thought I was a real model - hilarious! It was another fun time! I love living life fully after plastic surgery. I am having such a good time!

Congratulations for your good result you look very pretty!
Thank you!!!
Did your FL surgeon give you any idea as to how long your results might last??

My Bariatric Life 6-mos Post FaceLift etc with Catherine Winslow MD (Winslow Facial Plastic Surgery)

I had my 6-mos post op yesterday (well, it is really 7-mos but who's counting). Everyone greeted me with big smiles. Triste the nurse asked how come I look better each time she sees me. Dr. Winslow greeted me with her usual, "Hello gorgeous!" I love this place!

Everything is healing nicely. This truly was an easy surgery and recovery -- and compared to my body contouring plastic surgeries, it was a breeze! The one thing I will say that helped tremendously is a fellow patient prepared me well in advance that my face would look almost inhuman for a while. I looked pretty bad for the first two-months (see earlier post with photos). Later, my husband would say I looked good but I did not look like me. But Dr. Winslow assured me that I would look like me, only better. She was right. At 3-mos post op I had a matured version of the face I had in high school. By 6-mod post op my face looked even "smoother" -- is the best way I can put it.

During my exam, Triste said that she doesn't like the way my body is absorbing Juvaderm and will try Restylane next time for my filler. We discussed the hollows under my eyes that are now more noticeable since my swelling from surgery has gone down. Triste, who is simply AMAZING with injecting filler, said we will try Voluma to even out the surface. Filler is nothing short of amazing in reducing facial creases and making me look instantly younger -- see my Juvaderm review if interested. Here's an analogy: Think of how dramatic hair dye is in making you look younger by covering your grey hair. That is how dramatic filler can be to making your face look younger.

After my exam, I spoke a bit with Dr. Winslow as to why she became a plastic surgeon. She began doing facial reconstruction on children in the Oklahoma bombing and when she put a little boy's face back together whom had been shot at point bank range in the jaw, she knew she had found her calling. She went on to work at Walter Reed Medical Center during the years when so many soldiers were coming back from the Middle East "in pieces." I am sure she put many faces and many lives back together, whole and complete again. That is a very powerful thing to be able to do for someone. I am in awe, quite frankly.

Dr. Winslow has done over 1000 facelifts. I asked her what is more powerful/rewarding for her, the facial reconstruction work she does, saving her patient's lives whom have melanoma, or cosmetic surgery? Dr. Winslow said it is all very rewarding. She went on to explain how wonderful it is to perform facial rejuvenation on a patient who then goes on to live life fully and joyfully -- feeling wonderful inside and out (my words not Dr. Winslow's).

Yeah, I know exactly what she is talking about. I am about the happiest I have ever been in my life. Even though I was a confident woman before weight loss and plastic surgery, I was not confident about my looks. I did not realize just how much that was holding me back. Now I have confidence in my appearance and thus I am doing things I never would have done before. It really is hard to explain, but my constraints have been lifted and nothing is holding me back from doing anything I want to do.

Life is beautiful. Thank you, Dr. Winslow, Triste, and Erin (my nurses)!

Lovely!!
Thank you, my dear. I am SO glad that I chose Dr. Winslow for my facial plastic surgery.
What a journey and what a transformation for you. Congratulations and all the best with your new life. Gorgeous.

A plastic surgeon's training, experience, credentials, and body of work are what matter

Beware of the lipstick on a pig phenomena -- you walk into a plastic surgeon's practice and are blown away by a beautiful spa-like atmosphere, fancy address, and slick website as opposed to what is really important. Any surgeon can pay a designer to create a beautiful interior. Any surgeon can hire a digital marketer to create an impressive website. Do not be distracted by the lipstick on a pig.

What really matters is a plastic surgeon's training, experience, credentials, and body of work. When I walk into Dr. Winslow's practice I feel like I have walked into a doctor's office not a spa. That is what I want. This is a big surgery, serious stuff that I had done. I am not coming for a hot stone pedicure. I am not looking for fountains and lemon-mint water and plush robes. I once fell prey to a plastic surgeon who ran his practice like that -- big BIG mistake!

I looked at Dr. Winslow's training and her experience doing facial reconstruction, putting children's faces back together after the Oklahoma bombing. I looked at her service at Walter Reed putting soldiers' faces back together after Afghanastan. I look at her training and credentials, having done more than 1000 facelifts. I looked at her extremely impressive before and after photos of cosmetic surgery procedures. I asked Dr. Winslow all the tough questions about infection rates and how she would handle me in an emergency. Her replies made me feel safe and secure in her care.

I liked that she was able to offer solutions, sometimes multiple solutions, for all my areas of concern. I never felt that she pushed a procedure on me or recommended something I did not need. In fact, when I told her that I was not ready to give up tanning, she told me not to do the chemical peel during my surgery. I respect that she was more interested in my satisfaction than her profit margin. There is a lot of upsetting that goes on in this industry. Watch out for the snack oil salesmen.

As for Dr. Winslow, I am so very happy to recommend her for facial plastic surgery, and Triste her nurse for filler. If you like what Winslow Facial Plastic Surgery did for me (and the price I paid) then you may want to explore what she can do for you.

I am so happy that I found Winslow Facial Plastic Surgery and went through with ALL of the procedures that I had done. Never did I dream I could look and feel so good at 50yo!

Your beautiful results speaks volumes!! And what you said above, I agree!!
Thank you and thank you!

Living the dream...

In an earlier post, I wrote that Dr. Winslow remarked how very satisfying it is to do cosmetic plastic surgery on someone who then feels so wonderful that s/he goes on to live life more fully. And THAT is exactly what I have been doing!

I am seizing the moment, doing things I never would have done with my fat body and sagging face. Most importantly I am enjoying life to the fullest.

So far I have:
Run a 3k with my daughter and granddaughter
Signed up for a 5k
Got a body piercing (you'd be surprised where)
Danced like no one was watching in the middle of the boardwalk with my granddaughter
Did same in front of a huge crowd at the fair
Wore a bikini
Went topless on a nude beach
Own lots and lots of thongs,which I was never able to wear before
Wear mini skirts (sometimes with thongs)
Signed up for crew
Signed up for several ropes course and zip lining
Done not one but two professional photo shoots

What it is all about is having fun. Living life fully without letting inhibitions and fear prevent me from doing what it is I want to do. I love my life!

And just between us girls, I enjoy the effect I have on men. I don't want to sound like a biotch. It is just that it has been quite a while since I could make a man's knees quiver. And it feels nice. We usually laugh about my experiences at Dr. Winslow's office. I'm talking about genuine innocent expressions from men, not crude gestures. Here are a few that make my heart smile:
- I looked up from my purse just in time to see a man walking towards me mouth the word "Wow" to himself. Then he gave me a huge smile.
- a man walked into the co-ed dressing room at Banana Republic and literally tripped over himself when he saw me.
- as I got out of the car I looked a young man in the face and he said, oh wow, I must have died and gone to heaven because you look like an angel. (I know that is cheesy but he was just this kind of dumb cute kid and so it was a little sweet)
- a jeweler in Carmel CA caught me walking across the street in a mini dress and said, "you and your legs just made my day."
- on a business trip I sat in one of the only available seats at a beachfront bars and a conversation ensued with the man sitting next to me. At one point he said he was 50 something and asked if I was obscenely younger than him.

At first my husband was a little insecure about my new look. But now he seems to find amusing the way that men react to me. For example, my husband and I were at an equestrian event and this rich old man was totally charming to me and made me a drink while completely ignoring my husband, whom it was obvious I was with. My husband and I thought it was very funny. Hmmm, perhaps we missed our opportunity at an "indecent proposal" - that's a movie reference in a ease you haven't seen it.

Black tie affair selfie

Last week I attended an awards gala at Gotham Hall in NYC. It was the first time that many of my colleagues have seen me since my plastic surgery (it was a black tie business event). It was such an incredible feeling for me to feel beautiful and elegant. I've attended this event every year for the past 4-years and I'd never felt this way at events prior. It also was very nice to hear the endearing praises of my colleagues -- a few know that I had plastic surgery and were dying to see the new me; others just think the midwest is doing me well (I moved to Indy from NJ last year).

I never anticipated plastic surgery would make me feel so differently about who I am. I've always had confidence but now it goes deeper, to my very core, and pours out of every pore. I am not talking about arrogance. I am referring to truly knowing who I am and being very confident in that, so much so that I have nothing to hide or am too timid to share. I guess it comes down to this: I love myself now. And that is wonderful, because we cannot truly and fully love others unless we love ourselves.

I'll try to post the formals shots that were taken at the event at some point in the future. For now, I have posted a selfie taken just prior to leaving the Marquis on Times Square. It takes a lot of confidence to pull off a red dress at a black tie event. I think I carried it well. I sure felt like I did, and that is what matters.

Love to all.

Your results are amazing!! I like you never have felt my age so certainly didn't want to look 50. I gave myself the best birthday gift I have ever had!! Still recovering and hope I turn out as well as you have. I love Dr. Smith and his staff, they are amazing! Good luck in your future endeavors, " like you need luck!! LOL Happy for you and anyone else that chooses to live life to the fullest and with happiness!
That is an incredible transformation. You look amazing. So pleased for you.
Thank you, love -- Dr. Winslow did so much more than I expected... she is super talented!!!

My Bariatric Life AMAZING Transformation

My Bariatric Life AMAZING Transformation

Love it video. Did u do it ur self? U had an absolutely wonderful transformation. U can just see ur confidence from ur pictures. Congrats
Thank you for your warm comments, ColoradoMaiden. It really still amazes me how deeply my plastic surgery affected me on an emotional level. It has been a very magical experience. Yes, I did the video myself but my wonderful photographer friend shot the amazing photos. He is so good to me!
You are beautiful! I'm trying to inform that anyone who wants a facelift to look for a doctor that specializes on the face. Only the face. I had one done about a year ago and am disappointed. I look as if I never had one! I wish I had taken pictures. Dr. F.H. & his staff were very nice. He is certified as a plastic surgeon Dallas TX, but it seems he operates more on tummy tucks, breast augmentations, breast reductions...but not face lifts.
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

I had my facial rejuvenation on 12-10-13 with Dr. Catherine Winslow because her facial rejuvenation results simply blew me away, while no other plastic surgeon's work even came close to getting me enthused. I have searched for a long time for a plastic surgeon whose face lift work impressed me. I could find no one. The before and afters photos always looked the same to me. Then my aesthetician told me about Dr. Winslow, that she is simply the best there is. I had very high standards going into Dr. Winslow for a consult. Meeting with Dr. Winslow was thrilling. I had so many areas of concern for my face. And she told me how she could address every one of them! Then I asked her if there was anything else that she would want to address because I did not want to look "refreshed," I told her that I wanted to look young! So she suggested some other procedures. For each procedure that I was considering, she showed me before and after photos on her wide screen monitor. I was smitten! There was no doubt in my mind: I knew there was no other surgeon who could deliver such dramatic results so consistently. Dr. Winslow is absolutely amazing at what she does, and she has a lovely bedside manner. Dr. Winslow is prompt to return emails and she definitely brings a woman's touch to the experience. She phoned me the night of my surgery to see how I was and the next day I received a lovely gift basket in the mail. Dr. Winslow also gave me many free products that other surgeons normally charge for. I just adore her and her staff and I absolutely love love love my results. And before I booked my surgery, I asked Dr. Winslow all the tough questions. She always had impressive stats to share with me and was always polite in answering some very pointed questions. What is more, Dr. Winslow gave me an excellent price on my procedures. This was a very good price that I paid for such a highly qualified surgeon to do all 7 procedures and deliver such spectacular results. Dr. Winslow stands head and shoulders above other facial plastic surgeons for: results, price, and care. My friends tell me I am gorgeous, beautiful, that I look like a model, that I look in my 20s or 30s (I am 49). I give Dr. Winslow my highest recommendation to anyone considering facial rejuvenation. Wow! Wow! Wow!