Shideler Dermatology - CoolSculpting in Indianapolis

I was really worried that I wouldn't be a good...

I was really worried that I wouldn't be a good candidate, because I honestly thought I was too heavy to have it done. I've been heavy my whole life, but I had recently lost about 40 pounds and realized that my stomach wasn't losing some of it's stubborn fat, despite the fact that I was losing every where else. After the consult, the doctor told me I was a good candidate, and as long as I kept up my diet and exercise, it should make a difference.

I was really nervous when they attached the "vacuum", as I like to call it. I will say this, the first 20 minutes is painful. I have a high pain tolerance and this was very painful for me. I took lots of deep breaths and tried to focus on something else. After about 20 minutes, the whole area become mostly numb and you just feel pressure. I brought my iPad with me and just watch movies during the hour. The doctor also turned down the lights to create a relaxing environment and offered me the remote to watch their television if I wanted to. They were very accommodating.

After the procedure was done, the area was very tender when they removed the vacuum. I wasn't in pain, but the area was tender and very red. That evening, I couldn't sleep on my belly due to the tenderness. As the days passed, the pain subsided. I did bruise a little bit, and every once in a while, the area would "ache". I would pop a few aspirin and I was okay. Sometimes, sitting for long periods of time would make the area sore, but nothing awful.

So far I'm happy with the procedure. It's only been a week, so I don't have any after pictures to share, but I will share the before! :)

My only advice for those considering this procedure is be prepared for some pain during the procedure and after. Also, I've heard lots of stories of people getting upset and claim it didn't work simply because they didn't maintain a healthy diet and exercise. Just because this kills off fat cells does not mean that the ones remaining can't grow!!

I'm having the same concern.... time will tell. I have mine done on June 24 so it hasn't been a full 2 weeks yet. I don't feel any numbness unless I rub my stomach, so you should bee feeling much different soon I would think. Then it's an odd sensation. From everything I have read I had a much easier time (used an icepack here and there when I had to sit at work or was laying in bed but I could've easily been ok without it) but I think that's because I had so much more to lose. I never really had a pins and needles thing, it just felt weird. I don't run but I do hit a treadmill and walk at 4 mph and I thing doing that each day really helped. Activity was key to healing much easier after my second section so I applied thatr thought process to this. MY doc was straight with me and said it will not help the loose skin and since it reduces fat usually by about 20% a second treatment may be my preference but we will see where I am at in Sept or October.

Same story - I had lost over 40 lbs and same problem with stomach and love handles. I had two large applications a week ago today and didn't think to get pictures, but my doctor's office did. Perhaps they will provide me a copy on my follow-up visit in September. For the most part, I did not find the procedure painful, and the massage was bearable afterwards, but I noticed that my stomach felt strange and a little bit of pain when I tried to run the next day, but since then have been able to run and work out with no pain. However, my afternoons and evenings are opposite, and I find that its the most uncomfortable when I'm just sitting. Little twinges at first, but now its like an alien inside of me! How much longer until the numbness wears off completely and the pins/needles stops? Its been exactly one week today and am hoping that this feeling wears off SOON. Also hoping for good results, but I'm not likely to get another application again - I paid $2300. I was told I was a great candidate, but after seeing some of these people who only had a small pooch, I wonder if I made a costly mistake here.
I look just like you and am almost 2 weeks post of doing both my upper and lower abs. No real pain at all during or after. Still feel numb a bit here and there but that's about it. Haven't seen any changes but it's early yet. I lost 50 lbs and this was to help me look more porportional and less pregnant since my tummy was still a major issue. If I get a good result I am planning on another lower treatment but I'm feeling pretty defeated right now, esp after being VERY swollen. I'm going to buy a tape and start measuring in the morning. I didn't do any before or pics other than at the office. Thought it would make me more crazy. Now I'm regretting it so we will go from here and see if I get any results. For 2700.00 I really hope so. Stay in touch!

About three weeks after my procedure and I am...

About three weeks after my procedure and I am seeing small improvements. However, I will say the procedure motivated me to kick up my cardio and really watch what I eat. I mean, what's the point of getting this done if you're just going to backslide? This isn't a permanent fix, but something you have to maintain. Don't gain the fat back!!!

The areas where I had the CoolSculpting done still feel numb. You can tell it really "killed" those fat cells. Now it's just waiting for my body to eliminate them over the next few months. I had some weird pain in the areas over the past few weeks. Nothing unbearable and nothing Advil couldn't help...but some nights it was uncomfortable to sit up for long periods of time...but that passed after about a week. I'll keep you all updated and take picture next update.

Ritacca Cosmetic Surgery and Medspa

It ws at Ritacca, I paid 1200.00 for lower abs. Normally 1500. but got 20% off.
Ritacca
230 Center Dr
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
(847) 367-8815
info@ritaccalasercenter.com
www.ritaccalasercenter.com/
Hi renge,

If you don't mind disclosing how much did you pay for the first session (seems from your post that the next session would be 50% off). And what was the name of the spa that you went to?
Thanks.
The spa I went to in Chicago gave you a 50% of if you came back for same spot area in 4 weeks. I went during their 20% off special. The place is beautiful, the ladies their were so kind. They all had it done themselves so questions I asked were answered. If you look at Plastic Surgery or laser spas, they have specials.

Almost 3 months later, and I am astonished with...

Almost 3 months later, and I am astonished with the results. I drink lots of water, eat well, and try to exercise 3 times a week to help speed up the process and maintain my results. I've lost 2 inches around my lower belly, and went from a size 16 to a 14 (but those are starting to get big on me now!). My stomach is so much flatter than it ever has been my entire life. Even when I was 16 and weighed 130, I had a little pouch. That pouch is slowly disappearing.

It's important that if you have this procedure that you maintain a healthy lifestyle to help encourage the results. You can't get this done and then eat fatty foods. Although this does kill fat cells, the remaining fat cells can always get bigger.

Again, this procedure helped motivate me to continue on the path of a healthy lifestyle. It's definitely helped speed up the results I see from my efforts, and I would do it all over again. It's totally worth it.

I'll try to post pictures soon. Especially the side view pictures, those show the most difference.

Hi question for IndyGirl I live in the area and wondered if your procedure included your stomache and your flanks or just your stomache. I am trying to compare prices with another practice in the Carmel area. Thanks so much!
Great results! I didn't take a before or measurements and boy do I wish i had!!! Hoping they will give me mine when I go back in a month. It's been exactly 2 months and I CAN NOT BELIEVE the results, I am soooo happy! I will be doing one more on my upper at least. I had no idea how well it would work on my lower and now my upper is a bit bigger. I have dropped a pant size and just bought size 6 jeans! After losing over 50 pounds and still having a large belly I am so happy this seems to have helped. Like you I am still on my healthy lifestyle and working out to maintain the result. Seeing your pics makes me wish I had taken some. Have to wait 4 more weeks I guess.
Thanks! I wish I had taken measurements before, too. However, I'm back into my college jeans, so YAY! I'm down another 10 pounds, and feeling awesome. I'll continue to post pictures, especially after my second treatment to my upper abdomen.
Carmel Dermatologist

Dr. Shideler's PA, Andrea, did the procedure for me. She was wonderful! Very attentive. She followed up with me following the procedure and answered all my questions! Wonderful experience.