I Finally Love my Arms!!! - Carmel, IN

I'm a 51 yr old mom of 4 boys/ and wife. I've...

I'm a 51 yr old mom of 4 boys/ and wife. I've struggled w/ eating disorders up until 8 years ago. I'm now living a healthy lifestyle but because of the wild weight fluctuations/ 6 pregnancy's I was left w/ alot of excess skin especially on the arms. I had a TT/ BA 4 months ago and Arm life a 1 wk ago. I couldn't be happier w/ the result so far!!

Swelling going down!!

I'm 2 weeks out today. Yesterday, I noticed that the swelling in my for-arms is going way down, Yea! It looks so much better. This was a drain-less surgery, and I have not had major swelling at the incision sight, pretty much most of the swelling was in the for-arms (and my hands the first week). Also, I've been having some pain from the inner arm to the inside of wrist, it's getting better. I'll ask my PS about it when I go in next time, but as long as it's getting better and better, I feel good about it.

6 wks post op

Swelling continues to go down (yeah!). I had a couple of dissolvable stitches spit out of the incision, one of them opened up the incision a little.. it may need to be revised in the future. I went to the PO yesterday and they were able to take the little knots out that had come to the surface, this happened w/ the tummy tuck also and the incision healed up just fine... I'm very thankful to have a PO (and staff) so willing to take care of things after surgery (and thankfully, w/ all of my surgery's, nothing big has ever come up) I will post a picture today of the scars. I see my PO next week for my 6 wk po and will post again soon!!

Spitting stitches

New Photo

Hope the upload works this time..

I've tried adding a pic a couple of times this morning and it's not working... any suggestions if it doesn't work this time?

Scar is starting to look a little irritated..

The steri strips that were put on my incision are all of as of 9 day's ago.. my incision is starting to look a little pink and irritated and it is lumpy underneath, part of the scaring process. I've been massaging the incision and using the "healing serum" that my PS prescribed. I used this also on my TT and it worked out great. The area's where the stitches spit out, are healing well. I'm going for an appt tomorrow to talk about using laser on the scars, I will post more about that when I get the info.

Scar pics coming soon

I'm going to have my husband take some 8 wk scar pics.. I've noticed that on the internet, you just don't see many scars as they are healing.. For now, a before pic taken at the DR. and another after.

Pics

Scar update

This is a pic of the scar as of now, swelling is way down and range of motion is back!!

Feeling like myself again

I had a TT/Implant exchange in May (review coming soon), and Brachioplasty/ Lipo of hips and outer thighs in Sept. Out of the two, the TT was the hardest emotionally (I spent a little too much time comparing my results with the results of others.. and that is "not" a good thing.. we all heal differently and start out at different places) and the Brachioplasty was harder physically (not that the TT was a piece of cake, it was painful at first). We just have to use our arms and moving them around at first hurts. It was never unbearable, but even at 3 months, I can feel a little pain here and there, it's almost gone now. I'd say now, at 3 months, If there is swelling, it is so minimal that I can't tell. I am "very" fair skinned so the underneath stitches have created a little pink area around the incision line which you can see in the Dec 10 pic.. looking forward to that fading away! I am SO happy that I had this surgery, and so happy with the results so far!! I am going in for laser of the scar in 2 weeks and will write a post on that. Happy New Year everyone!!

Incision pic 3 1/2 months

Scar Progression 5 months out w/ Laser treatment

I'm 5 months out from my arm lift!! I have had 2 laser treatments on my arms now, the last one being right before I took this pic (a week ago), it was a pretty easy process, not painful at all! One more treatment coming up in about a month. Scars are thin and continue to lighten up. I have massaged the scars daily since my Dr. has asked me too and all of the area's underneath the incision are now smooth, I do have a tiny lump under the incision of one of my arms that I'll have looked at in a few weeks. I'm so happy to have "skinny arms".. I never thought that those words would come out of my mouth about my own arms.

Scar keeps getting better and better

Just a little update at 10 months out. I am noticing that my scars are turning white, starting at the top (behind my arm) and moving down my arm little by little. The scar has flattened out since my last pic and my arms continue to contour. I am very happy with how my arms are turning out!!
Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Turkle and her staff are truly professional and very caring. I felt comfortable with Dr. Turkle from the very start and completely trust her. She doesn't try to "sell" plastic surgery, but cares about what will be best for the individual. She does things in a very thoughtful way and I'd actually call the contours that she creates through surgery, artistic and beautiful. She and her staff went over everything that I needed to know prior to surgery and they are wonderful with the after care. They have alway's made me feel at ease and that I mattered. I would highly recommend her!