I Finally Love my Arms!!! - Carmel, IN

I'm a 51 yr old mom of 4 boys/ and wife. I've...

I'm a 51 yr old mom of 4 boys/ and wife. I've struggled w/ eating disorders up until 8 years ago. I'm now living a healthy lifestyle but because of the wild weight fluctuations/ 6 pregnancy's I was left w/ alot of excess skin especially on the arms. I had a TT/ BA 4 months ago and Arm life a 1 wk ago. I couldn't be happier w/ the result so far!!

Swelling going down!!

I'm 2 weeks out today. Yesterday, I noticed that the swelling in my for-arms is going way down, Yea! It looks so much better. This was a drain-less surgery, and I have not had major swelling at the incision sight, pretty much most of the swelling was in the for-arms (and my hands the first week). Also, I've been having some pain from the inner arm to the inside of wrist, it's getting better. I'll ask my PS about it when I go in next time, but as long as it's getting better and better, I feel good about it.

6 wks post op

Swelling continues to go down (yeah!). I had a couple of dissolvable stitches spit out of the incision, one of them opened up the incision a little.. it may need to be revised in the future. I went to the PO yesterday and they were able to take the little knots out that had come to the surface, this happened w/ the tummy tuck also and the incision healed up just fine... I'm very thankful to have a PO (and staff) so willing to take care of things after surgery (and thankfully, w/ all of my surgery's, nothing big has ever come up) I will post a picture today of the scars. I see my PO next week for my 6 wk po and will post again soon!!

Spitting stitches

New Photo

Hope the upload works this time..

I've tried adding a pic a couple of times this morning and it's not working... any suggestions if it doesn't work this time?

Scar is starting to look a little irritated..

The steri strips that were put on my incision are all of as of 9 day's ago.. my incision is starting to look a little pink and irritated and it is lumpy underneath, part of the scaring process. I've been massaging the incision and using the "healing serum" that my PS prescribed. I used this also on my TT and it worked out great. The area's where the stitches spit out, are healing well. I'm going for an appt tomorrow to talk about using laser on the scars, I will post more about that when I get the info.

Scar pics coming soon

I'm going to have my husband take some 8 wk scar pics.. I've noticed that on the internet, you just don't see many scars as they are healing.. For now, a before pic taken at the DR. and another after.

Pics

Scar update

This is a pic of the scar as of now, swelling is way down and range of motion is back!!

Feeling like myself again

I had a TT/Implant exchange in May (review coming soon), and Brachioplasty/ Lipo of hips and outer thighs in Sept. Out of the two, the TT was the hardest emotionally (I spent a little too much time comparing my results with the results of others.. and that is "not" a good thing.. we all heal differently and start out at different places) and the Brachioplasty was harder physically (not that the TT was a piece of cake, it was painful at first). We just have to use our arms and moving them around at first hurts. It was never unbearable, but even at 3 months, I can feel a little pain here and there, it's almost gone now. I'd say now, at 3 months, If there is swelling, it is so minimal that I can't tell. I am "very" fair skinned so the underneath stitches have created a little pink area around the incision line which you can see in the Dec 10 pic.. looking forward to that fading away! I am SO happy that I had this surgery, and so happy with the results so far!! I am going in for laser of the scar in 2 weeks and will write a post on that. Happy New Year everyone!!

Incision pic 3 1/2 months

Scar Progression 5 months out w/ Laser treatment

I'm 5 months out from my arm lift!! I have had 2 laser treatments on my arms now, the last one being right before I took this pic (a week ago), it was a pretty easy process, not painful at all! One more treatment coming up in about a month. Scars are thin and continue to lighten up. I have massaged the scars daily since my Dr. has asked me too and all of the area's underneath the incision are now smooth, I do have a tiny lump under the incision of one of my arms that I'll have looked at in a few weeks. I'm so happy to have "skinny arms".. I never thought that those words would come out of my mouth about my own arms.
Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Turkle and her staff are truly professional and very caring. I felt comfortable with Dr. Turkle from the very start and completely trust her. She doesn't try to "sell" plastic surgery, but cares about what will be best for the individual. She does things in a very thoughtful way and I'd actually call the contours that she creates through surgery, artistic and beautiful. She and her staff went over everything that I needed to know prior to surgery and they are wonderful with the after care. They have alway's made me feel at ease and that I mattered. I would highly recommend her!

How much do the laser tx cost?
You sound like me with having other surgeries. I only opted to put my TT review on here because that one was by far the toughest one for me. I've had rhinoplasty, chin implant, liposuction to inner/outer thighs and a breast reduction. Then came the tummy tuck. I was an emotional wreck with that one. Never saw THAT coming! And yes, you're right, I would look at everyone's pictures on here and compare. I have since learned to stop doing that since every person's body is completely unique. Congrats to you on your fabulous arms and I can't wait to read your TT review! :-)
Your tummy looks beautiful!!! (Just read your review) Congratulations!!! Thank you for writing I really appreciated that. I didn't know that the TT would be such an emotional journey, I wasn't emotional about the arms at all.. just happy to get rid of all of that loose skin.
I didn't know it was going to be so emotional either. Whoa! The first couple of days I completely regretted it, but when day 4 approached, I felt more positive :-) Thanks for your sweet comment. My tummy does NOT look beautiful though when my period is about to start! LOL!
I hear you on that one, I'm the very same way.
I am curious about the laser on your incisions. I do not scar well and some areas of my scars are quite noticeable.
I'm going in today for the laser. I had laser resurfacing on my face a while back and there was swelling for a few day's then, things smoothed out. I'm interested to see how my arms will handle it. My PS had recommended it early on. I'll keep you posted.
May I ask why she recommended it early-on? I scar badly and if I would benefit from getting laser then I will look into it. Neither one of my surgeons has recommended it to me.
I didn't ask why so early, I can ask today. She was very clear about the scaring before I finally decided to have the surgery, If this will help, I'm all for it.
Thanks! I look forward to hearing about it. Good luck!
Looking good! I have the fold like you do where the scar ends on the elbow. Did you surgeon say how long it would take to go away? I forgot to ask my surgeon.
I haven't asked her about that yet, I was going to wait until my 6 month visit when there is no swelling and things are settled more.
I will try to remember to ask my surgeon when I follow up with him next. I am waiting for 4-mos post op.
Oh good! LMK what he says!! do you have any new pics of your arms? They were looking pretty darn good in your last pics, they are really healing up great!!
Thanks!!! Nothing new, they look the same.
Thanks for sharing. I am hoping to have an arm lift someday myself. I go back and forth on dealing with the scar so seeing the pictures and your progress really helps. Great results!
Thank you!! I went back and forth with it for a while also. I had got to the point that you could see the arm flaps moving back and forth with the long sleeve tops I wore constantly to cover my arms up... couldn't hide them even with clothes. Best wishes to you!
Thnaks for the pics of the arm lift! i was wondering if mine will look like that since we have similar placements? Are you comfortable with showing your bare arms in public? Just curious!
When the scar is healed, and white, I'd probably be able to answer that one better. I'm noticing that as the swelling is going down, the scar is becoming more and more hidden.. so, when I'm a year out we'll see... I'm liking how things are progressing.
That is a very good price for an arm lift!
Her prices are very reasonable considering she is a "Top Doc" in Indy
I have heard some good things about her.
Looking good! I think our incisions are in the same spot. Is your scar completely flat yet? I think mine is getting there, it's not as bumpy as it was a month ago at least.
Hi, my scars are flat. They feel a little lumpy underneath, and on one arm I feel a couple of hard spots. I've been working on messaging them out. Your scars look fantastic!! How have you been doing?
Your scars are looking awesome! If I read your comments right you had Steri strips for almost two months? I don't have anything on my arms or sides....just wearing compression sleeves....