I Finally Love my Arms!!! - Carmel, IN

I'm a 51 yr old mom of 4 boys/ and wife. I've...

I'm a 51 yr old mom of 4 boys/ and wife. I've struggled w/ eating disorders up until 8 years ago. I'm now living a healthy lifestyle but because of the wild weight fluctuations/ 6 pregnancy's I was left w/ alot of excess skin especially on the arms. I had a TT/ BA 4 months ago and Arm life a 1 wk ago. I couldn't be happier w/ the result so far!!

Swelling going down!!

I'm 2 weeks out today. Yesterday, I noticed that the swelling in my for-arms is going way down, Yea! It looks so much better. This was a drain-less surgery, and I have not had major swelling at the incision sight, pretty much most of the swelling was in the for-arms (and my hands the first week). Also, I've been having some pain from the inner arm to the inside of wrist, it's getting better. I'll ask my PS about it when I go in next time, but as long as it's getting better and better, I feel good about it.

6 wks post op

Swelling continues to go down (yeah!). I had a couple of dissolvable stitches spit out of the incision, one of them opened up the incision a little.. it may need to be revised in the future. I went to the PO yesterday and they were able to take the little knots out that had come to the surface, this happened w/ the tummy tuck also and the incision healed up just fine... I'm very thankful to have a PO (and staff) so willing to take care of things after surgery (and thankfully, w/ all of my surgery's, nothing big has ever come up) I will post a picture today of the scars. I see my PO next week for my 6 wk po and will post again soon!!

Spitting stitches

New Photo

Hope the upload works this time..

I've tried adding a pic a couple of times this morning and it's not working... any suggestions if it doesn't work this time?

Scar is starting to look a little irritated..

The steri strips that were put on my incision are all of as of 9 day's ago.. my incision is starting to look a little pink and irritated and it is lumpy underneath, part of the scaring process. I've been massaging the incision and using the "healing serum" that my PS prescribed. I used this also on my TT and it worked out great. The area's where the stitches spit out, are healing well. I'm going for an appt tomorrow to talk about using laser on the scars, I will post more about that when I get the info.

Scar pics coming soon

I'm going to have my husband take some 8 wk scar pics.. I've noticed that on the internet, you just don't see many scars as they are healing.. For now, a before pic taken at the DR. and another after.

Pics

Scar update

This is a pic of the scar as of now, swelling is way down and range of motion is back!!

Feeling like myself again

I had a TT/Implant exchange in May (review coming soon), and Brachioplasty/ Lipo of hips and outer thighs in Sept. Out of the two, the TT was the hardest emotionally (I spent a little too much time comparing my results with the results of others.. and that is "not" a good thing.. we all heal differently and start out at different places) and the Brachioplasty was harder physically (not that the TT was a piece of cake, it was painful at first). We just have to use our arms and moving them around at first hurts. It was never unbearable, but even at 3 months, I can feel a little pain here and there, it's almost gone now. I'd say now, at 3 months, If there is swelling, it is so minimal that I can't tell. I am "very" fair skinned so the underneath stitches have created a little pink area around the incision line which you can see in the Dec 10 pic.. looking forward to that fading away! I am SO happy that I had this surgery, and so happy with the results so far!! I am going in for laser of the scar in 2 weeks and will write a post on that. Happy New Year everyone!!

Incision pic 3 1/2 months

Scar Progression 5 months out w/ Laser treatment

I'm 5 months out from my arm lift!! I have had 2 laser treatments on my arms now, the last one being right before I took this pic (a week ago), it was a pretty easy process, not painful at all! One more treatment coming up in about a month. Scars are thin and continue to lighten up. I have massaged the scars daily since my Dr. has asked me too and all of the area's underneath the incision are now smooth, I do have a tiny lump under the incision of one of my arms that I'll have looked at in a few weeks. I'm so happy to have "skinny arms".. I never thought that those words would come out of my mouth about my own arms.

Scar keeps getting better and better

Just a little update at 10 months out. I am noticing that my scars are turning white, starting at the top (behind my arm) and moving down my arm little by little. The scar has flattened out since my last pic and my arms continue to contour. I am very happy with how my arms are turning out!!
Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Turkle and her staff are truly professional and very caring. I felt comfortable with Dr. Turkle from the very start and completely trust her. She doesn't try to "sell" plastic surgery, but cares about what will be best for the individual. She does things in a very thoughtful way and I'd actually call the contours that she creates through surgery, artistic and beautiful. She and her staff went over everything that I needed to know prior to surgery and they are wonderful with the after care. They have alway's made me feel at ease and that I mattered. I would highly recommend her!

I have a little more weight to lose then I want an arm lift. I hope I would get results like yours! You look awesome!
Thank you so much. The neat thing about the arm lift surgery is that there is an immediate nice result, I'm so happy with it. Please keep me posted when you are ready for your surgery. You are doing the right thing waiting until you are at a comfortable weight. You'll get a better result that way.
If I knew my scars would look like yours I would get my arm lift in a heart beat! I'm glad you are healing so well. Thank you so much for your review. Beautiful results!
Thank you so much! My PS is an artist and her scars are beautiful. Wish you could come out to Indiana and consult w/ her.
Your arms look wonderful! Hope mine look that good when all is said and done. I took my garments off last evening as they were sore. The bruising was down considerably but I still have swelling. In looking at your pics and your explanation of the incisions am I correct that the incisions avoided the arm pit? My incisions go into my pits and I’m finding it incredibly uncomfortable as the edge of my garments rub right against that area. I was instructed to put gauze between me and the garment but that isn't working too well. Have you experienced this at all?
Hi, I just read your review, congratulations on your weight loss, healthy life style, and getting surgery to finish the transformation!! My incisions were put right behind the arm pit and go down behind the arm all the way to the elbow. It was painful at first behind the arms because you have to move the arms and that's where some of the movement comes from. I had "steri strips" on my incision for about a month, and this did help as my incision itself didn't come into contact w/ clothing. If you can somehow protect that area, the gauze that your Dr. recommended or maybe a tight fitting long sleeve undershirt that can come between the incision and your clothing. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your healing. Best wishes to you and don't hesitate to write.
WOW! You arms do look great and scar healed perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gorgeous results.
Thank you so much Bella!! Yours are looking wonderful too!!!
Thanks!!!!!! :) I hope you're wearing those sleeveless blouses,tanks and showing off those arms!!!
Looking good!
Thank you so much for posting your scars.. They look fabulous I am having op in 3 weeks Very scared!
Thank you for your comment!! I am very happy with the way my scars turned out, my PS has a reputation of making beautiful scars. I was nervous about having this surgery also, and it is a little challenging at first.. baby your arms after surgery. Please keep me posted on your surgery! I am very excited for you.. this surgery is SO worth it!!
Thank you for your positive comments. My surgery is august 5 th. Will keep you updated
your arms look great! I had smart-lipo on mine 16 days ago. Your scar is very thin and not very noticeable,which is how it should look. like u have had nothing done. Enjoy your new skinny arms. B
Thank you so much for your comment, my PS did a great job and I'm so happy w/ how my arms turned out. I just read your review, your arms look beautiful and tiny!! Congratulations!
thanks but in my opinion my arms look the same except they don't jiggle and wiggle when i wave "hello" I am so impatient,this waiting game is killing me. I hope we heal fast and normal. Did you get discoloration lumps or bumps? When i touch under my arm it feels weird,i can't explain it but kinda like a piece of cardboard is in there. Hmmmmm
No Jiggle and Wiggle when you wave is a GOOD thing, lol.. that's the main reason I had the surgery, I could see the jiggle even with long sleeves on.. the scars were totally worth it! You are so early in your healing process and are swelling more then you think you are, give yourself some time and baby your arms. I did get discoloration and some bumps early on especially in the elbow area... all gone now :-) And yes, it does feel different around the incision area for a while, but I promise, it gets better.
Thanks so much,good to know. I'm glad it does al go away! WOOHOOOOOO!
all
What was your downtime with arm lift? How soon before you got back to normal routine? Thanks
Hi, thank you for writing. It took me about 3 months to feel normal again . After surgery, I was on pain pills for about 5 days and after that, took Tylenol as needed. As far as down time it depends on ones daily routine I over protected my arms for the first month and didn't over stretch them or do heavy lifting for 2 months.. It was all 100% worth it
I am two months post my brachoplasty and I had Dr. Harper and not Turkle. Question... are your arms symmetrical?? One of mine is significantly larger than the other. I've been told to wait it out and see what it looks like after a year. But that seems like a long time. How much is the last treatment and frequency? I
One of my arms was more swollen then the other after surgery. I was a little nervous about it too. I didn't realize how much I was swelling at first because I was use to having bigger arms,. You are still early post op so are probably swelling more then you think. I'm 9 months out and both arms are the same size now, and no more swelling. Our bodies go through so many changes during healing. Do give it some time, you'll be seeing good changes as time goes by, mine are still changing even now..
Was the last part of the question about laser? I've been having it done once a month for the past 4 months. Dr Turkle had recommended it early on. Call Phases for the prices, I think you can buy packages but I'm not sure what is being offered right now.
Thanks for replying!! I feel much better now!! All I have to do is be patient :)