Careful of Liposuction on Legs

To anyone considering liposuction on your legs,...

To anyone considering liposuction on your legs, please, please be careful. I had lipo on my hips, stomach and thighs a few years ago because I had a slight complex over my pear-shape and my cellulite.

The doctor (came recommneded, over 15 years experience) told me I was a good candidate and that the lipo would smooth out my legs. What happened was that I now hate my legs so much that I will no longer wear shorts, skirts or a swimsuit. My cellulite looks much, much worse,the skin quality is looser and wavy...

I look 20 years older without clothes. My shape under clothes is nice, at least, but I'd give anything to have my old legs back. I tried another lipo to fix them last year and too much was taken out and so now my legs are even worse (which I hadn't thought was possible).

BEFORE and after pictures?
Ive been following everyone's posts and I am thinking that maybe some filler in the depressions in my upper arms might help. Im going to go to Dr Madfes in the Fall. If she ever saw how tan I got she'd kill me. Actually the tan does seem to minimize the bad effects from the lipo. I am convinced that NO doctor can get this lipo right. I think this lipo stinks and makes a bad situation worse. Additionally when fat gets sucked from one area it comes back in another area. Quite honestly Im not too thrilled with anyone's plastic surgery results. Most of the facelifts look so phony. I am considered at 60 a lower face lift and neck area. If I do it I will know at least I won't have that distorted plastic fixed look. Ill never touch my upper face. I had my eyes done yrs ago and I can honestly say this was the one procedure that was easy and a complete success. Sadly it needs to be done again but I have no apprehensions about doing it. The eyes don't seem to show that plastic look either.
I found the same results from Smart lipo, more fat in the places that didn't get lipo'ed. And I got a good tan too to make it look a bit better. Should've just done diet and excercise I guess. I do have a scheduled appt to lipo the parts that are still big, I am 54 yrs old though and worried about extra skin. That's why I am seriously looking into the reality of what lipo does instead of believing all the hype like I did before.
Anyone, please please let me know if you've found a solution to the cellulite problem I've gained on my quads since laser lipo??? It's ruined my self confidence....:((((
I am two sessions into it, so let's all just see what happens. I'm 44, so I really don't need it anywhere else.
I have no idea what you should do. She said there was nothing out there to fix my wavy lipo. I was almost begging. She said that if there was something or she could send me to someone she would. That these dr.s would be more than willing to take my $ if I wanted to try. I have to again say she is tops in cosmetic dermatology. She said there was no laser that would do the job. Can you get out of your treatment plan? If its not going to work on the lipo areas maybe you can use the Accent or another laser on some other part of your body.I did mention that ur ex associate was using the Exilis and she once again stated that even though she is a major player in this laser stuff that it wont work. Needless to say I am hiding my body until something out there can help. Those lasers do work well on the neck and face depending on your age. She uses thermage and frazel and says those really do the job. Sadly at 58 the lasers will no longer tighten my neck area- Ive passed the point when it COULD have worked. Do a google search for Dr Diane Madfes. She is the dermatologist for Garnier and formulates all there cremes and face wipes. All her reviews as a physician it did say many times how HONEST she is. Let me know how you intend on proceeding. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Don't shoot me/ I'm just the messenger.
What did she say Accent WOULD work on if it doesn't work on what they claim it does? I just started and it's a lot of money to just "throw away."
Ive been thinking about you and ur Accent treatments. Any luck?
Hi there! Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. I was told it would take up to three months before I see improvement, so I'll keep you posted.
Yes please let me know. I don't know what else there is for us. Id personally like to just cut off my arms. Then I could go sleeveless-LOL.
I am trying Accent XL treatments. I'll let you know how it goes!
Yes, let us know. Fingers crossed.
Hi well I went into NYC to see my cousin who ised to work for Dr Patricia Wexler and now has her own huge practice. Here's what she said. Nothing out there works yet. That if I want to try the Accent Xl or Exilis she'll be more than willing but it's a complete waste if you have wavy, dimpled arms or legs from lipo. Needless to say I do trust her though I really would like not to! At least if I didnt trust her I'd think there was a chance to make this mess better. I guess it long sleeves for me. The heat of menopause will only make me hotter when the Summer hits. A double whammy.Im curious to see ur Accent experience anyway. Please post when you have some idea of results and at the end of it as well. Praying she is wrong and the XL will work for you.
I had wavy lipo on my upper arms. The dr. was one of the BEST in NYC and the price was insane. So even the best rated surgeons mess up bigtime. My arms are saggy, wavy and looks worse than before. Im just hiding under my clothes 24/7/365. They're is a new treatment. It is VERY new and is the Exilis laser. It smooths, reduces and tightens the skin. Im heading into NYC Wed. to discuss my options. I totally "get" what all of you have said. At least it's not the brutal pain of lipo. Check out this Exilis. Maybe it can help? There are alot of lasers out there and the technology is out there. Ill post as I get info.
MissV,please keep us updated and let us know if the Exilis works for you or not. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
I too have tried velashape with absolutely no results. I wish I would have had smart lipo in conjunction with the tumescent method so I wouldn't have such saggy skin on my legs.
Wow, I am 44 and I have been living with post-lipo legs since I was 29. I, too, wish I had limited the doctor to just doing the saddle bags. Everything else was fine! It's sad to hear that you all are having the same issues as me...it has consumed me and eroded my self esteem. I hate putting on shorts or a bathing suit. Thing is, like many of you have said, I am a very attractive woman...in clothes! I am separated, which means I am getting asked out, and the prospect of shocking anyone with a view of my naked body is enough to send me running to a convent. I am so worried about it! Thinking about Thermage, but is that just throwing away more money?
Stategirl, sounds like we're in the same boat of over 10 years of hating ourselves...I wish there weren't so many of us, or actually, I wish everyone was like us! Anyways, I don't know about Thermage, but I tried Velasmooth with no results. The technichian kept saying she thought she could see a difference, but I saw nothing to make me continue (I did it for 12 sessions). still looking for a miracle!
I can't believe what I am reading. I thought I was the only one. The ugliness if my Old lady legs I gained after knee laser lipo has consumed my life and my self esteem. I'd do anything to be confident in shorts and a bikini again.
Sorry, Amriding. We got ourselves a raw deal. The short end of the stick. We are doing what we can to get by but I know about every 20 seconds or so the thought has consumed me. I haven't had a relationship since the procedure. Sad. 5 years and counting. It's horrible.
It is very destructive to a woman's sense of sensuality for sure. I can't believe they even allowed me to do it when my goal was to be sexier and the side effects made me the exact opposite. Ughh what have I done.
I know exactly. I honestly believe that brochures should be handld out which must show the 'good' results as well as the bad ones. It is something that people going in to have these procedures should be fully aware of and have a fair and honest chance to make their decision then about having these things done to do. That way they see the pixs and if they can handle that devastation to their bodies and are willing to risk it, then they are probably able to be more accepting of these poor outcomes.
Your stories are terrifying...I was considering a little lipo on my inner thighs and back of legs, because I was so excited for the results of the lipo on my flank area after my tt. Ive never heard such awful stories. So you say dont do it???
It's not worth it. Yes, many people have good luck. But then there's the percentage who doesn't -- the percentage we always think we won't be a part of... It's ruined a good part of my life. No more summers at the beach, no more sex with the lights on, no more shorts, no more skirts and no more feeling pretty. Please, please be sure this is something you're willing to take a risk for...
Did you have any laser accent treatments afterwards? My Doc offers accent treatments that are wonderful. Not endermology or velashape but laser treatments.