My Invisalign Journey, Wales UK - Cardiff, Wales, UK

This is just the start of my journey, have found...

This is just the start of my journey, have found other people's reviews helpful in making the decision whether to proceed with treatment so thought I'd add my own in the hope I can do the same! I am in Cardiff, UK - not see any other reviews for here.

Consultation: contacted locally Invisilign specialist, smooth easy task and appointment made for a weeks time... I struggled to find any reviews for any dentist so had to go with which website I liked the look of (not ideal!!).

Appointment: So the appointment was good, told the prices and how it all works. I had pretty much already decided I was committing at this point so during this appointment I also had impressions taken which will be sent to LA, meanwhile I await (2 weeks I'm told) their return so I can see (3D computerised images) what they will look like at the end and how many trays I will need for my new smile.... Cost for impressions is £200 which will be deducted from the quoted amount (£2500) if I decide to go ahead.

Appointment 2: 2 weeks later and I am in looking at the images. All looks good, I am told I need a total of 30 trays, 10 days per tray. So approx 10 months in total. Not bad I suppose! Have to wait a week and the trays will be ready to start making my teeth beautiful (I hope).

Okay... 4 bloody weeks later and the trays still haven't arrived. I am frustrated and I try calling Invisilign who are most unhelpful and refused to speak to me as the dentist is their client not me...

5 weeks later and they are finally here! They have someone else's name on them (this is the reason for the delay I'm told, a handwriting/typo mix up) so I'm a little anxious about putting my teeth in the hands of someone who can make this mistake... Still, dentist is apologetic and assures me all is down with the trays. I had to have 2 teeth filed 1/4mm which didn't hurt at all but there is a visible gap on one tooth. And the trays are in. Ouch. And I have a slight lisp. By the end of the night I have been to buy a nail file to file the base down as my lower lip is cut to shreds and it effing kills.

Day 2 isn't too bad, very slight change to my speech but no one really notices. I am asked if I a in pain as I don't have my usual smile, but no notice of the braces which really are amazingly clear and not noticeable.

I have to go back to my dentist in 2 weeks, will update and add photos :)

Late update!

Life got busy and I havent updated for 32 days! I am now on tray 3. I re-visited the dentist after 14 days and no real issues. I have quite gotten used to the aligners, and oddly feel that my teeth look better with them in. Has anyone else felt like that?! My teeth feel smaller when they aren't in lol. Tray two I had no issue with at all, when I take them out for the first time after fitting a new set they are tender and I cant chew to easily without pain, but I have found this seems to go after the first day or two. Tray three again cut my lower lip, this is the worst thing about the aligners for me. Oh, and that they never quite feel fresh enough to me. I have ordered some retainer bright after reading about this on others reviews, but tbh I don't really rate it. I am concious that my breath might not be fresh, although my partner says it's fine. It's kind of gross having them in your mouth all day. I'm finding the 22 hours easy peasy, and not one person has asked if I am wearing aligners or seems to have noticed! I have even told some people and they have said 'What? you have them in now??' So I am very happy with that :)
I need to post some pictures, I have taken some but I hate my teeth so am putting off posting them!! I will...... Back to the dentist for set four and beyond on Monday, so I will brave up and do it next week - promise!!

Photos...

The first few are the before. And the last few are the 'so far' - Day 3 of Tray 4. No noticeable difference to me yet. Except my skin looks a different colour lol x

Tray 5, grinding :/

I havent noticed any visible changes still, but I took a good look at tray 4 and 6 together and 6 is noticeably different so that movement is near... And so is pain! On tray 5 now and this one has been giving me headaches. One other major issue, I am grinding my teeth in my sleep. It keeps waking me up and boy do I have jaw ache. Anyone else experience this? Is this going to make a difference to my progress?

Tray 14!

I posted an update a few trays ago but it doesn't appear to be here... Technology playing tricks... So its been a long time since a (visable) review!
All going to plan so far, biggest change is my front teeth are no longer overlapping :) am happy so far! Down side is that I now have a small gap between these two teeth, hoping that this will rectify! Time has gone quickly, and I am nearly half way through my treatment. The dentist gave me up to trays 20, I will then go back for more teeth shaving. Will try to update pictures, having some issues with uploading. Nothing else to note. Feel free to ask any questions :)