45, 36E+, Multiple Painful Cysts, Very Lumpy Breast Tissue - Canberra, AU

Large painful breasts all my life! I was able to...

Large painful breasts all my life! I was able to put up with them for a long time, but I gave up smoking 2 years ago and my boobs just went crazy. I put on a few kilos (about 7 )but my breasts just got disproportionately larger and more and more painful. I was in so much pain all the time and could never get comfortable. I couldn't stand to wear a bra, or not wear one - was really going crazy and they just kept getting bigger. So I decided life is too short and 30 years long enough to put up with too large painful breasts. Last time I got measured I was 14E but that was ages ago and I mostly stopped wearing actual bras since then because they made me too sore. Car seat belts really hurt!
Anyway I found a surgeon with a very good reputation via my GP, online research, and asking around. His manner is a bit brusque but all I care about is the quality of the work and the aftercare which is very high so far.
I am 4 days post op. I can't believe I was brave enough to do it as I was very scared of anesthetic for 4 hours and the surgery. Guess it shows how desperate I was! I remember coming to afterwards and was freezing - was warmed up quickly and had fast effective pain relief. I felt like I could have a lot of confidence in the anasthetist also, there was no nausea or anything. I stayed in the clinic overnight. The staff were very good so that first night the easy part. Now I'm getting some evolving areas of swelling and changing soreness and still taking the pain relief. Peoples reviews on this site have been great to help me feel less anxious about what's happening! The morning I went home the pressure bandage was removed and the compression bra was put on. I got a glimpse of my new tiny little boobs and I just loved them. Very happy! They have swollen a bit now, and I've spent the last 4 days either lying in bed or on the sofa feeling totally wiped out and it is all worth it so far. Will add photos soon.

Day 5 post op

Less pain - still feeling wiped out. Went for a walk yesterday evening which went ok, and slept really well. I em enjoying the feeling of being able to breathe more easily, without the heavy weight on my chest.

No dramas

Everything is going well so far - went back to my PS yesterday to have the external stitches removed (there were only a couple). I'm still doing a lot of sleeping and lying around on the sofa watching dvds. A friend lent me all the real housewives of new jersey dvds - perfect trashy reality tv! My brain can't focus on much else. My appetite is coming back a bit. My sister - in-law drove me to my surgeon appointment - she couldn't believe how nice everyone was at the clinic! I feel lucky to have access to such a good option to have my BR.
My boobs are a bit swollen around the lypo areas and I'm looking forward to seeing them as small as they were right after surgery when the photos were taken.
So all good just waiting to heal more.
Canberra Plastic Surgeon

Have a very good feeling of confidence in my surgeon and his staff so far.

Great result! If you don't mind my asking, did you get much financial aid through Medicare or private? Aust doesn't seem to have it as easy as the US.
Thanks! The cost was about 10k with insurance and a few K more without. My insurance is pretty basic and it doesnt cover this surgery. I should get about 1,300 back from medicare apparently. Was a big financial outlay for me but I was going crazy and decided life is just too short!
Doing great.
Oh my gosh what pretty little boobies! You look fantastic :)
they look great really happy for you
The girls look perfect:)
you look wonderful, make sure you are eating well with lots of protein, you should feel better by the day. are you off pain meds as they can make you feel wiped out
Thankyou! Yes still taking pain meds so I think you are right!
You look fantastic, congrats! Is it the best decision you have ever made? I know I feel that way, haha. Being able to do everything with much less weight on your chest feels amazing. You feel so empowered and it's awesome. Happy healing!
Thankyou! I know what you mean I feel like I want to tell everyone how much I love my boobs !
Congratulations to you!! Your results look fantastic and I am so excited to see another Aussie on this site :) I would say I am almost the same size as you, the last time I was fitted I was a 12E and I really want to be a B or a C maximum!! What size do you think you are now?
Thankyou! Yes it would be good to get more aussie reviews here - but all the reviews helped me so much. I think mine are maybe a C now although they will change shape a bit over the next few weeks. Such a relief not to be E anymore!