45, 36E+, Multiple Painful Cysts, Very Lumpy Breast Tissue - Canberra, AU

Large painful breasts all my life! I was able to...

Large painful breasts all my life! I was able to put up with them for a long time, but I gave up smoking 2 years ago and my boobs just went crazy. I put on a few kilos (about 7 )but my breasts just got disproportionately larger and more and more painful. I was in so much pain all the time and could never get comfortable. I couldn't stand to wear a bra, or not wear one - was really going crazy and they just kept getting bigger. So I decided life is too short and 30 years long enough to put up with too large painful breasts. Last time I got measured I was 14E but that was ages ago and I mostly stopped wearing actual bras since then because they made me too sore. Car seat belts really hurt!
Anyway I found a surgeon with a very good reputation via my GP, online research, and asking around. His manner is a bit brusque but all I care about is the quality of the work and the aftercare which is very high so far.
I am 4 days post op. I can't believe I was brave enough to do it as I was very scared of anesthetic for 4 hours and the surgery. Guess it shows how desperate I was! I remember coming to afterwards and was freezing - was warmed up quickly and had fast effective pain relief. I felt like I could have a lot of confidence in the anasthetist also, there was no nausea or anything. I stayed in the clinic overnight. The staff were very good so that first night the easy part. Now I'm getting some evolving areas of swelling and changing soreness and still taking the pain relief. Peoples reviews on this site have been great to help me feel less anxious about what's happening! The morning I went home the pressure bandage was removed and the compression bra was put on. I got a glimpse of my new tiny little boobs and I just loved them. Very happy! They have swollen a bit now, and I've spent the last 4 days either lying in bed or on the sofa feeling totally wiped out and it is all worth it so far. Will add photos soon.

Day 5 post op

Less pain - still feeling wiped out. Went for a walk yesterday evening which went ok, and slept really well. I em enjoying the feeling of being able to breathe more easily, without the heavy weight on my chest.
Oh my gosh what pretty little boobies! You look fantastic :)
they look great really happy for you
The girls look perfect:)

No dramas

Everything is going well so far - went back to my PS yesterday to have the external stitches removed (there were only a couple). I'm still doing a lot of sleeping and lying around on the sofa watching dvds. A friend lent me all the real housewives of new jersey dvds - perfect trashy reality tv! My brain can't focus on much else. My appetite is coming back a bit. My sister - in-law drove me to my surgeon appointment - she couldn't believe how nice everyone was at the clinic! I feel lucky to have access to such a good option to have my BR.
My boobs are a bit swollen around the lypo areas and I'm looking forward to seeing them as small as they were right after surgery when the photos were taken.
So all good just waiting to heal more.
Great result! If you don't mind my asking, did you get much financial aid through Medicare or private? Aust doesn't seem to have it as easy as the US.
Thanks! The cost was about 10k with insurance and a few K more without. My insurance is pretty basic and it doesnt cover this surgery. I should get about 1,300 back from medicare apparently. Was a big financial outlay for me but I was going crazy and decided life is just too short!
Doing great.

Nearly at the 2 week mark!

I had a bit of a panic where one of the drain sites was leaking some gross yellow coloured stuff.
The clinic were great as usual and saw me very quickly to confirm it was all ok.
As always everyone there very lovely.
I was scared about an infection but everything healing beautifully.
Still a bit of swelling and a little bit of bruising but i can't believe how great they look.
I used to hate the bathroom mirror because all i could see was these gross painful things that were causing me all this misery,
and now i'm the most vain person on earth admiring my boobs in the mirror all the time.
Even with the swelling the pain from the cysts and dense breast tissue has gone - it feels fantastic.
Love love love my new small boobs!
They look amazing! SO nice and pert, hope mine look something like this, i'd be very happy
Congratulations on your great results. I too have fibrocystic breasts and it's nice to know that you are doing so well. I kind of hope as well that some if my dense breast pain will be gone after the surgery.
thanks! To be honest, at the moment it feels like ALL of that dense lumpy pain has gone. Makes me emotional sometimes when i realise that it's not there anymore. Good luck with yours! I think any reduction of the breast tissue will help a lot.

Everything good!

Saw my PS today and the incisions healing well but need a bit of ointment to treat one bit which was a bit yuck.
There is still a bit of swelling and i have to keep the tape on the scars for the next few weeks as well.
I have been like my dog the last couple of weeks - 2 walks a day and lots of snoozing - it's been nice.
I was surprised by how tired i was for while after the surgery.
I haven't told many people that I was getting this done - but one friend i did tell said something cool.
She said - you'll be like an Amazon! - meaning the legend that the Amazons would remove their breasts to make them better fighters.
Nice warrior imagery i'll take it!
As usual clinic visit very nice and i just keep feeling happier and happier about all the good things with my lovely tiny new boobs!
Wow!! You had really amazing results too!! :) very beautiful!
At what point after the surgery did your swelling go down?
There's still some swelling there I was told it can take about 6 months to resolve completely. The first couple of weeks it seemed if I used my arms too much they felt more swollen at the end of the day. I couldn't find any bromelian so ate heaps of pineapple so maybe that helped!

Works of Art

Had my 6 week appointment - i don't need to put the tape on anymore around the incisions - just use some silicon gel on them.
Everything healing well which is great.
I have been able to exercise the last couple of weeks - felt great to be able to do some exercise and i wasn't as unfit as i was worried i could be.
I just wore a couple of sports bras (smaller size!) and lighter weights the first couple of times then everything was fine to go back to my normal workouts.
Is a great being able to exercise without the heavy painful mono-boob feeling!
So many moments since the surgery where i realise I don't feel pain / uncomfortable / embarrassed.
It feels amazing - one of the best things I have ever done for myself.
I have another appointment in 4 months - I have been very pleased with the amount of aftercare, I just didn't expect it.
If anyone in the ACT area is thinking of getting a breast reduction - I would say
1. do it!
2. I recommend the CAPS clinic 100%
Very happy : )
what a fantastic result!! if mine turn out as darling as yours, i'll be thrilled! 5 days post op, and boy, i'm exhausted. and geeeez, i'm swollen. good for you!!!
Thankyou!
Wow! What a great result!
Canberra Plastic Surgeon

Have a very good feeling of confidence in my surgeon and his staff so far.