Mommy of 4 Hoping to Get Back What Was Lost! Consultation on July 24th. - Cape Coral, FL

I'm nervous and excited. This has been long time...

I'm nervous and excited. This has been long time coming but I still have so many questions. I've been lurking on here for a few weeks now and decided it's time I start my own profile.
I'll be 47 in October. I'm hoping to have the surgery done for my birthday. A gift from me to me. It's taken a long time to decide that it's finally time. I'm down to 1 child at home and can finally afford it. I'm just hoping I won't feel too guilty. Doesn't it seem like there's always something demanding your pocketbook? After nursing 4 children I feel like my breast are nothing but mush. Sure I can fake it with a push up bra and cami with a built in bra. Bras work magic. Thing is I'm tired of having to wear padded bras ... it's too dang hot here in Florida! Oh and who has not experienced wearing a padded bikini top and having to discreetly squeeze out the water of the pads or else have a river running down your ribs? I can't wait for day to be able to wear any top I want and actually filling out a baby doll ... without pads!!!

I'm 5'3 and weigh a measly 102 lbs. Yes I've always been skinny. Too skinny. I've finally broke the 100 lb mark! Yay!!! lol. Bra sizes are ridiculous. I can wear anything from a 32B, 34 A or B, and most recently I bought an identical bra from Kohl's and decided since my boobs seem more wide than proud that they actually fit better in a C cup .. although the B cup gives the illusion of more cleavage.
I'm thinking of getting 300 cc's of silicone under. Going under the fold, though I do have a scar on my areola from a biopsy when I was 17 so I'm open to peri areola as well. I'd love to hear from slender women who have saline unders and what their experience has been. Rippling? See/feel the bag? I'm so confused about sizing and mostly about profiles. I understand that concept; but not the results. Some girls (similar body type to mine) seem to have balls on their chest; others look quite natural despite both going under the muscle and getting HP or Mod+. I made rice sizers (300 cc's), I'm not sure if I'm wearing them right and wondering if implants are similar in weight?
Breath! I'm going to be brave and put photos up (very shy) because I do believe it's the only way to get accurate recommendations. Hopefully it'll help someone else with similar body type, age etc. down the road.
I welcome comments and suggestions as that's what I'm hear for. I'll be looking for support and willing to offer the same as we all go through this process. Best wishes to all!!

BA without general anesthesia?

I recently read a profile (forget who) where a revision to go larger was done without being put to sleep. How plausible is this? It saves a ton of money so I'd be willing to consider it ... after all i had a C-section with just a local. Anyone had a BA with a local (and maybe a vallium)?

Rice Sizers

So I made rice sizers ... 300 cc and I'm more confused than ever! Are the sizers supposed to be the width of my breast? I don't think they are. How is it possible that I'm a very petite 5'3/102 lbs, 1/2 asian so I have a very small frame and yet my boobs are wide? Are they? I guess that explains back in the day (a very long time ago) that it seems like I had more side boob than frontal. Is this going to affect my results? How do I know if the width is correct and also to pick between profiles based on these things? Also what I really want to know is from the girls who tried rice sizers and have gotten their BA is ... is the weight comparable of the actual implants? I think I'm going to take them with me to the consultations on Thursday to compare them to the width and profile of various sizers they have.

I showed these pics to my bff and she said that I should go bigger .. mind you she is a D cup (which I don't want to be). What do you ladies think? Too big, too small or just right?

I have serious boob addiction. I'm actually losing sleep staying up into the early morning hours despite being thoroughly exhausted looking at boobs and trying to figure this whole thing out!!! I need to get my BA ASAP so I can stop lurking on websites lol. What are the chances that I would go into a consultation and have the surgery done right then and there Lmao!!! Seriously it's not even a possibility since I'm going on a family cruise on August 9th and I don't want to waste my vacation time holed up in my cabin recuperating. Although I will admit; originally I thought it was a great idea! I'm taking the time off already and I wouldn't have to take additional time in September (when I hope to have the surgery performed). But I'm told that I won't be able to enjoy the cruise, the activities and probably wouldn't want to be sitting on the pool deck or beautiful beach just 2-3 weeks Post Op. Thoughts?

1st consult today!

Nervous excitement. Looking forward to getting some questions answered (hopefully I won't draw a blank) and hear what his suggestions are. This PA is rated top on real self but honestly I'm hesitant for a variety of resons. I'll keep those to myself. .. at least for now.
I took a few before pics of what I'm wearing there ....

After Consult #1

As a disclaimer I will not be giving out names of PS that I visit with for the sole purpose is that I don't want to leave a negative remark on any particular PS just because of my experiences as I am only consulting with PS that are highly rated and wouldn't want to do anything to mar their reputation. Now saying that; if I do come across and have a very negative experience in which I would not want my worst enemy going to then I would indeed warn against going there. If you are in the SWFL area and are consulting with PS and would like more information; then I will happy to ... just not on a public forum. I am merely giving my experiences and I realize that not only should we be picking someone who the certifications and skill; but also someone we connect with on some level as well; that can't happen for everyone.

Okay serious crap over.

I learned a lot from my 1st consult; more than anything I'm confused :( or ignorant lol. So I thought during a consult that they measure you and let you know what size would be an appropriate fit. I also thought that I would be able to try on said size as well. Neither happened. It was more about selling the Dr.; giving me his background and telling me why I should use him. I did my homework; I knew how long he's been around and seen before and afters and he comes highly rated. But I knew all that beforehand. His staff was nice enough; especially the 1st lady that set me up in the room. He was pleasant enough. I liked some of the things he said to reassure me he was going to give me the best results possible.

Here's what I was told between the 3 people I spoke with.: I should go with Silicone. He typically uses smooth medium profile; but will vary to texture if desired. He says I should go ABOVE the muscle. I didn't think I'd hear that!! The one girl explained it a way that made sense to me. She says as we age (sadly our boobies will still drop) that if the implant is under the muscle that the implant will remain in the same spot yet your natural breast tissue will sag and years down the road (yes it's possible that you won't need them exchanged for 10+ years) your breasts will not look natural. I'd love to hear your thoughts. He states (and I've read) that overs do not affect mammograms; that mammograms are only as good as the persons performing the tests and the one reading it (also makes sense). He says that he makes the pocket and tries 3 or 4 different sizes and gives you as big as you can go while still looking natural. Okay so this is where you need to really trust his perception of "natural". What scared me is that she said that 375-425 would look very nice on me!!! hmmm I was thinking 300-325 cc. I'm not looking to be a D cup! or am I? lmao. They do not provide a sports bra (I forgot to ask about a band if any), they put an antibiotic in the IV after the surgery so you don't have to start taking them before or during recovery. I like this part as the less pills I have to take the better! No anti nausea meds, and provide pain killers for afterwards (I believe 5 days worth?). The only meds I'll be given will be pain killers. I've read woman having to get a whole slew of meds prior to surgery. I don't know if this is a good thing or not? Comments? Surgery on Friday, come back Monday and can shower ... Yay! (my plan is to have surgery on a Friday for work purposes ... I'll have 10 days at minimum to recover before going back to my labor intensive job and then slowly work my way into being at full capacity.

All in all I think it went okay. I got some of the information that I was needing but I'm not gonna lie ... I was disappointed that I wasn't measured in some fashion or got to try on any sizers. Is this typical? I felt like a total idiot for bringing tops to try on! One of my appointments for tomorrow told me to bring a variety of tops. He did feel my upper breast and said that I have plenty of room and that I was a perfect candidate. They all said that ... is that normal or are the "selling"? The going 375-425 cc's threw me for a loop! I had gone to a very respected PS in another town 21 years ago and was told I didn't have enough skin to even go to a C cup. I was pissed as hell since when nursing I was spilling out of a C.

I have 2 more consults tomorrow. One is with a female Dr. I like her before and afters and was told she's really nice. The other PS one of my clients went to. Honestly I don't know if she's thrilled with her results since I stopped working with her shortly after. I do know she was very happy right after. I hope tomorrow brings a better day. I'm hoping not to have to start looking at PS in Naples but I'm just guessing since it's a very rich town that the prices will go up dramatically.

"adjustable" implants????

So my first consult tomorrow is with a PS that offers adjustable implants. I've heard about these 19 years ago from a friend of mine that was an OR nurse in Orlando. I really like the idea of being able to go up or down cc for 3-6 months before finally deciding on cc's. After all isn't cc's the toughest question to answer? I feel like we are at the mercy of the PS to make that choice for us. We look at hundreds of pictures of different women trying to find those with similar stats to us ... blah blah blah. I've seen pics of befores of "A" cup sizes who look more like B to me. How am I supposed to judge what I'll look like when the afters pics with 300 cc look completely different when each girl was say A cup; 5'3 and 105lbs? Some look like B's; some C's and even a few looked like they were D's!!!! Is adjustable implants the solution? I've only been able to find 1 review so far. I would love to hear from some other women who have experience with them.

2nd and 3rd Consults

2nd consult was with female PS ... not that it matters; but I do think it's cool that there was a female doctor. I really liked her and the office staff. It was a great experience and the office is absolutely beautiful and Pristine Clean. The first PS office was clean ... just not the way it should be. (I own a cleaning business so I'm very keen to these things). The chairs in the exam rooms had tons of dust along the edges. Not that I'm not going to suckered into choosing a PS based on theirfancy décor; but it does make an impression. I think the most important part of my visit is that in no way shape or form did I feel rushed ... like I was being churned out like cattle then on to the next. I was given a few forms to sign, then an album that had tons of thank you letters and pictures from a variety of procedures. After a bit I was escorted into a room where I watched a Mentor video. I was asked if I had any questions; then taken into another (very spacious) lovely room where I actually got to try on sizers!!! She gave me a sports bra and showed my how to properly place the sizers. The Mentor sizers are not what I expected ... they were tear drop shaped so I was taken aback thinking that's what this PS used??? I was told that it's what Mentor supplies to give an accurate depiction of what the implants would look like once placed. After a bit she came back and gave me her opinion how the different sizes looked with different tops. I tried 300 (too small), 325 pretty good; then 350cc. So the 350 looked pretty big in just a sports bra; but perfect with any top. My only concern is how am I going to look in a bikini? too big? It's not like you can really hide the boobies in a bikini! Oh man I wish I would have taken pictures ... I was having so much fun! I wanted to take the sizers home .. they were sooo comfy!!!! At this point and time I think I'm leaning towards 350, unders with incisions under the breast. If I lose 25cc due to going under I will still be very happy. The PS came in and we went over my medical history; she told me that I would need to stop smoking 2 weeks prior and 1 month after (that should be fun), she also told me due to my work I would need to take a whole month off!!! What???? I was thinking 10 solid days; then at least be able to be on site and do light cleaning up until 6 weeks. She told me that I was purchasing an investment and that I should treat it with care and explained the medical risks involved with pushing myself too far too fast (how does she know me so well?). She explained everything in detail and answered my questions with confidence in her knowledge. It really seems like she stays up to date with the newest developments and studies. She would prescribe anti nausea meds, pain meds, antibiotic in IV along with a 10 day supply. I'll need blood work and a mammogram (although I can sign a waiver). No band, and they would send me home in a compression bra. I wouldn't need to return for a week to have bandages removed; I could shower after 24 hours and suggested I use these strips to help the scar heal for 30 days (reuseable $26). Then she measured me. She's the only one who actually took the time to measure me! lol I don't remember all the numbers 14/14, 7.5/8 (due to asymmetry) I was just thrilled that she was actually taking the time to measure me. She asked me how big I'd like to go .. this time I told her I think a full C. She showed me 2 pictures in her book (1 that was natural looking yet you could make out where the implant was, and 1 extremely natural looking; but NO upper pole). I told her my dream would be a combo of both; but if I had to pick it would be pic #1. Then she opened a sizer catalog from Mentor (I feel like I'm pitching Mentor) and said the size that I was hoping for was very doable. It was right in the middle of the sizes I could choose. We talked a bit more, told me to be sure to ask the girls about where I could get a mammogram without a Primary Care Physician referral, etc. Afterwards her staff member came back in and asked me what I thought and handed me some paperwork to take home. I asked her to write down what days they had available for surgery between mid August to mid September and she took the time to write them all down. All in all I was very impressed and thought she would be tough to beat.

Consult #2. Again beautiful office. But I already knew that since I used to clean a Spa/Salon in the same building. Everyone was really nice. I had to wait about 20 minutes .. but no biggie. I was taken to a room and the PS promptly came in and introduced himself. He told me that he does the consult in 3 stages, we talk, we examine and we talk some more. The exam is not what I would call an exam. They had me put on a cape (cool) he came back in and had me stand up and open the cape; and said I was the perfect candidate (he didn't even touch me; not that I wanted to be felt up or anything) and would have great results. Okay so are PS that good that they call tell just by looking? He did say that I'm a full A to small B. That if I went with 350 cc I'd be pushing a D cup; at least at VS. Do I want to be a D cup? I never really thought I could carry off a D! I mean I was probably a D when I nursed; but it was fine since I also had that extra baby weight. Then again I was super skinny before. (I used to pray to be 95lbs without being 7 months pregnant) Seriously I was typically 82-87 lbs. Now I'm 102 lbs. I don't want to gain anymore weight ... maybe tone what I have ... age does take a toll (flab) despite the fact that my work is very labor intensive. Afterwards his financial cooridinator (Maggie; I love her) took me to her office and we talked price (they're offering $1k off for July) , pre op and gave me a few dates that were available. Then she walked me out.

Conclusion after 3 consults

I spent exactly 1 hour (not including the 20 minute wait time at #3; #1 and #2 saw me right away) with each PS and staff.

Consult #1. PS has been around since the 80's so he definitely has experience and a great reputation. Told me 3 weeks down time .. $5650.00 including a $1300 discount) is a No.

Consult #2 Female impressive studies (Mayo Clinic) and awards. Very friendly staff; off site surgical center (closer to home), no pressure, no bragging. Just ... I don't know how to explain it I really liked her. ($5200)

Consult #3 A previous client got her BA there so he's the only one where I knew someone whose work I've seen. He was rather friendly; slightly cocky, staff was great yet I felt a little rushed ( I could actually hear him having a conversation with the patient in the next room while I was changing) but all in all efficient. He did tell me that he would not perform the surgery without a mammogram; and to not be surprised if they called me back wanting to do more films since it is my first time and they have nothing to compare it to. He said not to worry that something is wrong. He said my down time would only be a week. He does a lot hair stylists (arms constantly moving), nurses (moving patients) and bartenders (lots of arm moving). He said obviously no heavy lifting; if I could take 10-14 days even better. It didn't feel very personal the way it did with Consult #2. I feel his 14 years and studies (also Mayo Clinic) he would do a fantastic job. ($5200)

So my two favorites are the exact same price except minor details. #2 I have to pay for labs, compression bra; #3 is all inclusive. And they pretty much have the same experience and credentials. That being said I'm leaning more towards #2 the female PS. with all being equal I just felt more at home with her and was impressed with the time she took to measure me and I was able to try on sizers; also how everything was very professional and very thought out. #1 I honestly didn't even want to go to even though he comes highly rated on realself; but I thought I should go to at least 3 PS. (Should I go to more?) I felt rushed; and almost like I wasn't good enough to be there (hard to explain particularly since his office was not impressive whatsoever; very dated). Looking back knowing I spent an hour with each PS I'm wondering where the whole hour went with #1 and #3 they didn't measure, no trying on sizers and $3 saw me topless for all of 15 seconds. I also felt like I spent A LOT more time with #2 versus with her staff. She also didn't tell me what I wanted to hear regarding the time off that I needed and about the smoking. Neither #1 or #3 told me that I couldn't smoke; it's a horrible habit I know and I'm the last person that wants a lecture but it really showed that she cared.

At this point I'm thinking of going with 350 cc, smooth medium+, under the muscle with incision under the breast fold. I'm waiting to hear back from my bff to see if Sept 4th (and 5th; then the weekend) is a good day for her to take off of work. If so I will more than likely book my surgery date .. unless of course I magically get a referral then I would consider getting more consults.

Oh my biggest concern; how much down time. Well it seems like each PS has given me a different answer :( so apparently I'm going to have to practice some serious self control and REALLY listen to my body. I know me; I can tolerate pain, and will push myself to do whatever it takes to get a job done and done right. Other than the 1st 3 days of recovery this will be my hardest feat to overcome.

Hope this helps anyone is going through their initial consults ... or are about to. Sorry to ramble on and on but I'm trying to give as much details as possible for anyone who may find it useful :)

24 hours since my consults .... second guessing myself.

Why? Why do I do this to myself? Now I'm second guessing if 350 cc is too big. Why didn't I just keep my mouth shut (I told the PS that I didn't want to any higher than 350 and I think therefore she didn't give me the max I could go) Maybe, just maybe if I knew how much bigger I could go I wouldn't be second guessing myself. A part of me thinks I look just fine when I wear a push up padded bra and a cami (anyone else notice that the bra/cami combo does wonders?) and that maybe I should just stick to that and maybe slightly larger? The other side of me just doesn't want to regret no going bigger. Has anyone else out there gone bigger and then wished they hadn't? Decisions, Decisions, Decisions!!!!

Nice touch

I went to my first consult with PS #1 on Wednesday and I know I didn't have too many nice things to say so I thought I would. One thing I did notice is when I emailed the PS requesting a consult that the PS himself emailed me back; not someone from the office (although I thought maybe they did, like a PS has the time to write back). I did thank him for getting back to me right away. In his message he thanked me for my interest and let me know someone from his office would be calling soon to set an appointment. Today I received a card in the mail thanking me for the opportunity to be of service and it was hand signed by the PS. Even if it was signed by someone other than him ... it was a nice touch. It lets me know that they are there if I have in questions and in a small way it makes me feel special.
The above is a part of me that is trying to focus on positive things in my life. Sometimes life has so many negative aspects to it, from people to just about anything .. the news you get it. Sometimes it can get so overwhelming to be bombarded with such negativity that it makes me become negative too. Life is so stressful as it is and so I've committed to focusing on the little things in life that are positive and good and try to relish in these things ... especially when I'm down. We are all here trying to do something for ourselves to make us feel better .. every sexier and if we constantly focus on what we don't like; we don't see the good things that surround us.
To happy thoughts!

bras after BA

I've seen so many women saying that bras don't fit augmented breasts the same way. How so? And why? From what I can tell from pictures it seems as though the bottom of boobs aren't at the bottom of the bra; but I just can't figure out why that is. Anyone?

Pre-Op and Surgery Scheduled!!!

Filled with nervous excitement!!! Pre-op is on August 19th @ 8:15 a.m.. Surgery is on Sept. 4th at noon!

Now that the decision is made I wlll finally share which PS I decided to go with ... I chose Dr. Audrey Farahmand of Ft. Myers (#2 for those who have been following). Denisse my patient care coordinator has been following up with me since the consultation and has been a doll answering all of my questions; very promptly. Today she confirmed the dates and times available and sent a whole slew of information as to what to expect during the Pre-op and what I needed to do. With the information she's given me I will be able to start calling places to have my CBC (blood work) and Mammogram in attempts to schedule them after my appointment. Wish me luck as I really don't want to have to take more days off that absolutely necessary. She sent documents for me to sign and email by to speed up the process and make the most of my appointment. No smoking 2 months prior???? um surgery is scheduled in just over a month. How to quit ... like now!!!
I'm waiting to find out if I'm able to try on sizers with the PS so she can help me finalize the size 325cc or 350cc. I will also ask her opinion if Mod+ or HP would suit me best. At this point I'm just going to have to trust her judgment .. which I do!
I'd love to hear your account of what occurred during your Pre-op appointments and if you have any tips or questions I should be asking. I feel like I'm bombarding my PC rep .. so sad she'll be going back to Medical School and won't be there anymore :(
I hope each of you are doing well in your journey for those who are just beginning to those you are recovering!

Where did all the exictment go????

I booked my pre-op (Aug 19th) and surgery (Sept 4th) and since then I just seem blah! I know I'm a very goal oriented person; but this is ridiculous! It seems as though I feel like I accomplished my goal (though I haven't even had surgery) and it's like everything else ... on to tackle the next .. only there is no next! Don't get me wrong; this is something I've wanted for nearly 30 years (soon to be 47 yrs. old) and I haven't changed my mind. I find it weird that I look down and say "they don't seem so small" (when I'm wearing clothes, or even a sports bra); but then I'll catch myself in the mirror naked and say "wth were you thinking??? they are non-existent"! I think choosing a size is really stressing me out as well.
My nipples are very sensitive. I'm freaking out thinking what if they get even more sensitive? I've never been one to get turned on my nipple stimulation (sorry for the tmi), I'm single and not dating right now; but I don't want them to become a turn off!!! Do you think it's because I've been wearing rice sizers and somehow they are irritating me? I only wear them for a few hours and mainly while I'm in bed doing paperwork .. lol or online with RS. Has anyone else had this problem.
I'm also concerned about my plans to stay with my bff. She has 4 kids who are loud and fight quite a bit; and now she has 2 adults and two more kids staying there! I'm thinking this is not the best environment to be recovering; I don't want to be in pain, feeling sick and constipated with all these people and noise. I'm the type that would rather suffer alone and maybe have someone check in on me. Ugg I iwsh I knew how my post op was going to be. Honestly I think my son could help push me off the couch or bed if needed. He's a great cook, and I'd really rather not leave him alone for 2-3 days either. I was determined to get the surgery done Sept. 4th and for a short time my bff wasn't positive she could get her vacation time switched so I asked my dad if he could take me. Of course he said yes and offered his spare bedroom for me as well. Awkward??? I hate to be a burden on anyone too. I have dogs that need taken out too. How far fetched would it be for me to recover at home with my 12 year old son? I think I will be most comfortable in my own home, my dogs and I know my son is more than capable of making sure we both eat. I do plan on making a few dishes that can just be warmed up and a nice bowl of salad that should keep for a day or 2.

***Disclaimer: If you're having any negative thoughts right now you may want to skip this paragraph!!!

It's not helping that I found all this information about flash recovery and so wish it was available here. It just seems so great ... back to normal activities in a day! And it makes so much sense, control bleeding, no blunt dissection, being very gentle. Have you ever watched a video of BA and thought it looked pretty brutal. No wonder our recovery is so long and so much pain. I watched videos where 2 different PS performed the BA and all 3 girls were up going shopping, to dinner etc just 4 hours. No straps, no drains, no narcotics (just Tylenol) and their boobs weren't swollen or riding high. They all looked very natural (went under the muscle) and you'd never guessed they had surgery that morning. Really no down time; in fact they are encouraged to go about their normal routine (assuming their jobs weren't labor intensive). It really makes me wish that there was some miracle that my PS could learn these techniques overnight!!!! Oh and the founder of this technique also has a very concise technique for choosing size. There's basically no wiggle room. Basically you'd get the size that you were at 9 months pregnant (or what you will be if you hadn't had children). He explained the importance of not going too big OR too small and why. All this information on the surgery and measuring system is well published in medical journals so I will definitely be asking my PS about it. Mind you I'm not switching my PS as I know it can take 20 years for doctors to accept new technology as they are like many and are stuck in their ways and what they are comfortable with.

Okay sorry if all that put anyone off. Was not my intention; just wanted to share my findings and feelings. I'm not sure if anyone else feels the same way; but I know if I don't get it out of me I'll drive myself crazy. I've been told that I'm very analytical, and sometimes it gets in the way; but I really like to have all the facts, think things through and make the best decision possible.

I've been trying to stay busy with work and getting ready for my cruise; but for some reason I'm having a hard time even getting excited about that and it's my first cruise. LOL maybe I'm having the "boob blues" ahead of schedule and my recovery will be smooth sailing! Ha get it? I'm going on a cruise .. smooth sailing!

Okay now that you all think I've totally lost my mind; I should go clean my house start packing, oh I need to make an appointment to get my mammogram done (not looking forward to that), the list goes on.

Good luck to those having surgery today and I wish you all a very speedy recover =)

Frustrated ... Excuses on why I shouldn't have a BA

So my oldest daughter (the one I knew I would get the least support from) was texting me today about bringing cocktail dress for the cruise, blah blah blah. I decided it was a good time to let her know my decision to recover home alone instead of my BFF (my daughter does not like her, but who does she like?) and asked her if she had school on Thursdays. She said no so I asked her if she could please bring dinner over the night of the surgery for me and her brother. She asked me if I had seen a regular doctor and ob-gyn. She knows I don't have insurance and yes though one should probably have regular check ups; knows I don't go unless I have to; which I haven't had to since my 12 yr old son was born. She told me that she couldn't get behind me on this unless I did; (which includes "driving out of my way to bring you dinner". I explained to her that I was getting a mammogram even though my PS would allow me to sign a waiver should I not get one; and that I would not be allowed to have surgery unless I passed the blood test. She said that was not good enough because they are not checking for all "aliments". A part of me feels like she cares; but mostly I feel like she's trying to manipulate me into doing something I don't deem necessary. If I have cancer or some other long term illness; honestly I don't want to know! I know it may sound stupid to most of you. But I don't have insurance and what am I supposed to do about it if I'm diagnosed with some horrible "ailment". She thinks I should take the money I have available (carecredit) to take care of myself. Um If I have cancer or whatever; I hardly think my available balance is going to cover a whole heck of a lot! Yes I smoke (less than a pack a day). I don't drink ... ever. My job is very physically demanding with often times 15+ hours a day; I constantly outlast my helpers half my age. I think I am in great health!
This may sound nuts; but if for some unknown reason my time on this earth is limited; then I'm going to enjoy having a nice rack up until that time! I love my daughter dearly; but I am not going to let her manipulate me for whatever her reason to keep me from getting a BA. Nor do I want to be told that I'm too old and why do I care about having tits? Seriously??? I have plenty of insecurities; but I think I look damn good for being almost 47 and having 4 kids. I worked my ass off to raise 4 kids alone and I'm entitled to do something for myself now that I'm finally financially able to. My oldest daughter is like my mother; it doesn't matter what I do, how successful I am, how many struggles I've overcome .. it's never enough and I'm never going to be whatever it is they want me to be.
I appreciate your support, you're welcome to comment; but PLEASE .. I don't want a lecture about getting routine exams. I guess this is more for me to vent (thank you for listening); and also for other women who may have family members who are not so supportive to know they are not alone. It kind of sucks sharing such personal information; but it's nice to get it out too. Geez I need a life! lol

Bloodwork DONE!!!

Crossing my fingers everything comes out okay. I have a history of being anemic and had to postpone my biopsy for a lump in my breast when I was 17 so I'm a bit nervous. My children used to fail the hemoglobin tests until I learned to give them spinach the night before they were to have any tests done. I would think that with the cruise and eating at least 3 times a day that I would be fine, but I made some broccoli with dinner last night and took a vitamin this morning .. wish me luck!

Pre-op done and surgery paid for. HOLY SH##!!!!!

Pre-op, check. Surgery paid in full, check. Size selected not checked. So I went in thinking 325 or 350cc. I tried on shirts with 325cc and said no. The PS sizing system was such you coil really view a set so i asked the PCC to grab more sizes from another room so i could actually see both breasts in the same size. I was done playing with the combos i could make with what i had and was bored so for giggles i popped in a 450. Then the confusion began ... they actually looked pretty darn good ... until i tried on a bikini top. So then i looked at the sizing chart for my BWD and for standard profile and being a 14/14 it said 385cc would give me the best results. Based on the look I'm going for I need Moderate+; according to the chart the best size is 475cc. Are they out of their friggin minds??? No way am I going with 475cc! So the PS suggested I try 400cc. Based on my wish pics she had said that I was leaning towards the bigger size and every pic I showed her was Mod+. I tried 400cc and they both agreed it suited me very well. Everyone I told I was getting 400cc looked at me like I was crazy! The number is scaring the cap outta me!
Below I'm going to attach pics of both sizes ... please help me decide

400cc

Pics with 400cc sizers

400cc .. the number I should freaking me out!

I'm thinking the number is HUGE. I want a natural look but at the same time want that upper fullness that I'm seriously lacking. After showing wish pics of similar height and weight the PS suggested that 400cc would get me where I wanted to be. Now I'm second guessing myself. She did remaster me and said that my ribs are actually 14/15 but my natural breaststroke actually protrude further ... more like a 16/17. Said I was quite petite but 400cc looked proportionate to my size. She even had me stand facing her and from both sides. In writing this I sound like I'm trying to talk myself into this and maybe not let people who say 400cc for my frame influence me. Should i trust her judgement or my friends. When i show them the pics they say i don't look much larger than with my padded bra and yoga top; but the numbers freak them out too. If the other PS said 350cc would put me at a full C/small D. Would 400 put me at a DD? or god forbid bigger? I think cup size D is freaking me out to. So I'm sitting here remembering that I'm not supposed to decide by cc or cup size ... but i CAN'T!
This is a huge decision ... one that i don't want to regret. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
BTW the sizers are supposed to account for going under the muscle but i find that hard to believe ... not everyone goes under.

16 days and counting!!!! Typos ....

How embarrassing ... I just read my new posts (created on phone) and saw all the typos! lol I'm going to figure all of you are very intelligent women and can figure out what I was really trying to say. Boy do I feel stupid lol ;)
As a side note I forgot to mention that the PS will have both a 400cc and a 375cc on hand in the OR. It's just case for any reason the 400cc makes closing the incision difficult she can insert the 375cc instead. This makes me feel a whole lot better as I can still tell her to just go with the 375's on the day of surgery. 16 more days!!!!

Prescriptions filled. 400cc Rice sizers. 2 weejs from today.

I had some time to kill in between jobs so I figured I would drop off my prescriptions and pick them up on the way home. It cost more than I had thought ($94.37; was told $80.00), but they were ready in 15 minutes. I received pain meds, antibiotics, anti anxiety and anti nausea meds. If you want specific types and dosage; let me know. I was actually kind of hoping for a muscle relaxer as well. Mind you I HATE taking medicine of any sort ... especially swallowing pills! Now I'm just waiting to get my mammogram done .. hopefully on the 2nd; but by then I think it'll be too late since the surgery is on the 4th and not enough time in between to get the results. Please ... let it be normal!!! I had my blood work done on Monday; I was told results would be in 3 days. I haven't heard from my PS; but I'm still nervous that I may show being anemic ... crossing fingers. If there's any chance of needing to reschedule; I'm screwed! I need to have this done ASAP so I'll be completely healed for our busy season.

So I've been stressed out over many things (new helper ready to work on her own, she's still slow and not thorough enough), lab work results, recovering pretty much alone. The one thing I thought for sure I'd have settled is the size. I've really been thinking that 400 cc is too much for my petite frame. It's been bothering me a lot. I absolutely don't want to be any bigger than a small baby D and I think 400cc will be pushing me to a DD land. I don't know if I'm right or not. Problem is my PS said she would "order" 400cc and have 375cc just in case. I'm not sure if I should tell her to bring along a 350cc too! Can it hurt? I mean do they stock them and just bring them to the surgical center or do they really order them??? I really don't want to "settle" on a size. I want to know without a doubt. I think the sizes of wish pictures got misconstrued as what size I wanted to be versus the shape. Uggg I'm stressed!!!

I made 400cc rice sizers. In my opinion what I made at home is NOTHING like what I tried on in the office. When I put these in I was immediately like NO NO NO!!!. Makes me even more confused. Frustrated more like it! Cup sizes, over, under, arm pit, areola, crease, shaped or round, smooth or texture, measurements, charts .. the list goes on and on and on. For all you ladies you made their decisions and are thrilled with their results .. PLEASE TELL ME YOUR SECRET! I know I'm not the only one who feels like this. Yes I'm analytical; but this is just ridiculous! lol Those anti anxiety pills are really starting to look good right now! Can I take them 2 weeks early???? lmbo! JK!!!

stumbling blocks along the way :(

Some of you may know that I own a cleaning business and I was told that due to the nature of my job I need to take a month off and how much that was stressing me out ... oh and I was suppose to quit smoking last Thursday!!!!

My newest helper called off work 3 minutes before her scheduled time (twice in 2 weeks) which left me working until 8:30 p.m. ... thank goodness there weren't any real time restrictions as a tyical job as to be finished within business hours. Needless to say I had to let her go. And now to top it all off ....My team leader who covers the Sarasota/Venice area informs me that this will be his last week. I knew he was having concerns and what makes this harder is that he is my daughter's fiancé. A very long story short; I pissed that he is doing this to me NOW!!! He knows I scheduled my surgery and that it is paid for; knows that I will not be able to work for at least 2 weeks. What am I supposed to do just give up those clients? Unbelievable!!!! I am so screwed!!! I'm left scrambling trying to figure out what to do. I AM NOT going to cancel my surgery!!!! If I don't do this now; I'll have to wait until next May or June!!! It's less than 2 weeks from my surgery date so I'll lost $$ if I cancel... either way I'm going to lose money now :(

I just don't understand most people. I mean most of us here has set a goal to get a BA. We've worked long and hard (It's taken me 30 years) to get within arms reach. What happened to work ethics? Loyalty? Taking pride in ones work? How do people just quit or just don't even bother working when they are scheduled? And when they do work; slack off most of the time and/or do a half ass job? Boy I'm on a rage today!!!! I work hard. I take great pride in the work I do. I'm dependable, honest and gain a sense of satisfaction knowing I'm paying my own way in life helping others. No it's not a glamorous job; but I try to look on the positive side. I really don't think what I do is anything special. I don't even think it's how I was raised. I just believe in treating people how I'd like to be treated. When I clean a house; I do it how I'd expect it to be done if I were paying someone my hard earned money. I don't take my clients (boss) for granted because I know I'm the first one to get let go if finances become an issue. I appreciate everything I have; but most importantly I'm proud of what I've been able to accomplish in a short period of time. Now I have so many people who claim they need to work, have bills to pay, children to feed and clothe yet ... this is what I get in return???

Haha it's not like the decison of 350, 375 or 400cc, recovery etc. doesn't have me stressed out enough?

I'm bound and determined to figure this out ... just had to get this out of me so maybe I can focus. Again this is a rare time that I wish I didn't own a business. That I had a job with benefits and vacation time and didn't have to worry about how business was going to fare when I'm recovering. Prayers, thoughts, and overall good mojo my way would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks for listening!
Good luck to those about to have the BA and happy healing to those in recovery!

Surgery in 1 week and 3 hours away!!!!!

Nervous excitement!!!

I have to say that my PS surgeon's staff is absolutely amazing! I emailed my PS several times expressing my concerns with choosing a size; particularly going too large with 400cc. My head is all mixed up with going by the charts wanting to make sure I fill the BWD but looking very natural as well. I don't want to be busty. She's been such a doll. I had asked if the PS could bring sizers on the day of surgery so I can try them on one more time and to bring 350cc so I at least have the option since from I was told she was only bringing in 375 and 400cc Mod+. She's been very reassuring that the choice is completely up to me. I was bummed that I didn't have time to go in again to try on sizers.

Last night I put the 400cc rice sizers in again. I honestly do not think they are comparable to the Mentor (tear drop shaped) sizers; they appear MUCH bigger. The good news is that all my tops but 1 Hollister button down shirt fit. The Hollister shirt was a bit snug (it shrunk; mostly in the length) beforehand but I could still get it buttoned without the fabric pulling. I cannot tell you how relieved that made me!!! I've said several times that I didn't want to have to buy all new tops; I love the ones I have =) I had asked which sizer was more realistic since rice ones were round and theirs were shaped. She told me I should go by the Mentor sizers and not be concerned about the chart since it's really for the PS to use to obtain the look we are hoping to achieve.

Great news!!!! I emailed my PCC late last night letting them know I had a cancelation today and asked if there was any way possible for me to come in today to try on sizers .. She said YES!!!! I really hope this helps me decide on a size .. if not I'm going to have to trust my PS to choose for me.

So stressed out about business; it's making it VERY difficult to quit smoking. Some things are falling into place; but still have a ways to go. Honestly I'm just an over thinker and even if everything lined up perfectly; I'd still stress out! Gotta learn to just BREATH!!!! Remember not to stress over things that I have no control of (tell that to a control freak!). I have a best case scenario and worst case: tell my clients in Sarasota/Venice that Micheal is quitting; I'm having surgery and I need to put them on hold for 3-4 weeks. I have wonderful clients and I think most if not all will be understanding. My biggest thing is not inconveniencing them and appearing unreliable since it's a major problem down here. I just gotta keep telling myself that I've proven that my services are superior to those they've had in the past and if they have to wait ... I'm worth it. Anyways for the most part I've cut down on smoking for the most part. The high stress days ... not so much. My surgery is at noon on Sept. 4th; I've got to be strong and say NO MORE after noon today! My PS wanted me to quit a week ago ... that didn't happen so I've got to do it now! Wish me luck ..

New boobies just two days away!

Still need to pick up some rubbing alcohol to make ice packs. And jello for easy snacks in case I'm naseaus.
Still debating on 350cc or 375cc. So close I'm not even going to stress about it. I'll leave it up to my PS.

Quitting smoking has been brutal. Haven't completely quit but only had 2 yesterday so we'll see how today and tomorrow goes. My PS gave me anti anxiety meds. I should look into those and see if they'll help me quit. I think she said they make you tired though :( I know she said not to take it the day of. Hopefully she won't cancel surgery.

Surgery time moved up one hour. Happy about that; one less hour to stress. Lol. I still don't have it set in stone who is taking me!

This is where my over analyzing pays off. I stressed and worried and stressed and worried. Always thinking of what's the worst thing that could happen? Plan for it and have at least 2 back up plans. Some people think it's a very negative way of thinking but i disagree. I know whatever I do it's been researched and we'll thought out. I've done my best and worrying and stressing aren't going to make anything better so just enjoy.

Tomorrow will be a busy day. Thursday is surgery day. Clean a bit and make sure my assistant knows what she's doing Thursday and Friday and has what she needs.

good luck to those having surgery today and happy healing to those recovering!

Today is the day I get new boobies

Surgery should start in 70 minutes; wish me luck!

SURGERY CANCELLED!!!

Yep that's right. Dr. Farahmand canceled my sugery because i had not completely stopped smoking. So for those of you whose PS says to quit either quit or look for someone else. I had the IV in and everything. Needless to say I'm pissed beyond words. So much work and effort put in for nothing.
I immediately called PS #2 and she said there was no problem with smoking with a simple BA. She confirmed it with the PS and now I'm scheduled for Tuesday. Hopefully my refund of $5200 will reflect on my account by then. I know how they like to be paid in full 2 weeks in advance. I have a pre-op today at 2:00 so hopefully we can work something out.

2nd Surgery schedule ... a day from hell!

My surgery for today was canceled because I didn't fully quit smoking. I called PS #27 and they scheduled me for surgery on Sept 9th. I've spoken with Dr. F's office 3 times today regarding crediting my account so that I can pay another surgeon who is actually going to peform the surgery. I was told by CareCredit that it could take 7-10 business days. I stated that my next surgery is scheduled in only 5 days and I needed it done now. She told me that if they would refund the money today then they will do their best to expedite reflecting my available balance within 24-48 hours.
I'm surprised that PS#2 actually went ahead and booked my date knowing I have this obstacle to overcome. She was actually looking for a time slot for today or tomorrow but didn't have an anesthesiologist available until Tuesday so I got the 1st appointment time. She asked me to come in for a pre op today. In a way I'm glad I already did all the leg work with the other PS since this one doesn't even do the whole sizers thing. You just show him wish boobs and he gives you what you want. I told him I was undecided between 350cc-375cc and he said it was very doable. He puts sizers in during surgery; sits you up and compares your wish pics and decides which one will give the best results. I'm not too sure if I would have gone with him had I not already gone through trying on sizers. He is a top rated Board Certified Surgeon who also studied at the Mayo Clinic so I'm confident he will do a great job.
It's now after 5:00 and I still haven't heard back from my PCC at Dr. F office. Dr. F said she would give me all my money back and the PCC just didn't to confirm it but said Dr. F was in surgery so she'd call me back when she was able to speak with her. Imagine how pissed I was knowing that my PS was happily working on someone else not even 15 minutes after she canceled me. Guess they gotta keep that $$$ rolling in! That was 6 hours ago and yet I haven't heard back from them or have they sent my blood work results to PS#2. I'll be even more pissed if the charge me for hooking me up to an IV or for the pregnancy test. I told them I didn't need a pregnancy test. I'm 47 yrs old, on my period now ... not to mention I haven't had sex in well ... a VERY LONG TIME!

Looks like I'll be on pins and needles until I know that money has been refunded so that my surgery on Tuesday can go on as scheduled. I don't even want to think about how upset I'll be if that one gets canceled too!

Update

If you've been following my journey you know my PS canceled my surgery for not quitting smoking. Of course I was livid .. still upset but I'm moving forward. As soon as I got in the car I called PS#2 Dr. Ritrosky and asked if he had a problem if I smoked and was told so long as it was a BA and not a lift, tummy tuck or lipo they didn't have a problem. I researched this a lot and although there are a few PS that will not perform a BA surgery on smokers most will due to the small incisions and short period of anesthesia. Obviously I'm not advocating smoking; it's a horrible disgusting habit and yes I rationalize that my habit keeps me out of jail.
I had my pre-op with Dr. R and staff yesterday. I was so happy they were able to get me in the same day and schedule my surgery for Tuesday. Dr. F. office finally called me this morning to let me know that they refunded 100% of the money I paid and my new PCC was able to get my blood work results from LabCorp faxed over. All I need now is for CareCredit to reflect the $5200 credit so Dr. R's office can be paid. Everything is looking really good so far and I'm actually starting to get excited ... something I wasn't until today. Strange huh?
I'm completely amazed at how quickly Dr. F's office is taking care of everything. I can't even count the number of phone calls that went back forth today. My PCC (Maggie) is superwoman! I liked her from the very beginning from my very 1st meeting with her. So sweet. I can't believe she actually called LabCorp waited on hold forever only to be told that they couldn't find me in their system! Turns out there was a typo; they entered my birthdate as 01/01 instead of 10/01!!!!. Thank goodness I had time to stop by the lab to find out what was going on! So glad they were able to get my results faxed over. It saved me a trip from having to drive all the way back to Fort Myers just to sign a medical release form in order to get a copy from Dr. F. My surgery nurse also called me today to go over my pre-op and what to expect prior to, during and after surgery. It's amazing how each office is so different.
Although I'm upset that Dr. F would not perform the surgery; I do respect her decision. It's her business and I understand that she didn't want to risk complications on her record and she has every right to protect her reputation any way she sees fit. I commend her staff as I still think the PCC's there are amazing women. Kimberly was very polite (despite my ranting), wished me well and did everything I asked in order to get my refund made ASAP. I would still recommend Dr. Farahmand as I think she would have done amazing work; just if you smoke; you either need to quit or choose another PS.
Although Dr. R will do the surgery despite the fact that I smoke; I am still trying to cut back. I went from a pack a day to 2 a day for the days prior to my original scheduled surgery date. Obviously yesterday was a very high stress day and I probably smoked 3/4 a pack; I'm now back to trying to stay between 6-10 a day (Dr. R's suggestion). I know smoking is bad. We all know it. Not looking to give anyone a lecture; nor am I looking for one. We all do things we know we shouldn't. I don't drink, eat as healthy as possible and lead a very active lifestyle that keeps me fit. One day I will quit. Just from cutting back I noticed a difference in how I feel; quitting will be even better.

Differences between PS #3 and PS #2

I think I'm in a very unique situation where I've gone through consultations and pre-op with 2 different surgeons and thought you might be interested in the differences.

PS #3 the original surgeon I chose. (To see why you'll have to read from the beginning) Measured me and let me try on sizers during the 1st consultation. PS#2 (and #1) did not and does not have you try on sizers. PS #2 just has you show 2 wish pics. (Honestly I do not like this, so I'm very grateful that I already had this opportunity. I would not feel comfortable going into surgery without a clue as to how many cc's I'd be or had a good idea on how they would look. Maybe PS #2 is just that good and he can give you exactly what you're looking for solely based on pics; I'm by no means no expert).

PS #2 uses general anesthesia; PS #3 uses IV sedation (no intubation requited ... YAY!!!); however PS #3 uses a board certified anesthesiologist and should a need arise they can immediately intubate and use general anesthesia.

Both PS provides a surgical bra afterwards.

PS #3 was adamant about sleeping inclined and never laying flat. PS #2 suggested being inclined as much as possible but not to stress out over it.

PS #2 says 1 month of no working; no if's ands or buts. PS #3 says I can work (taking it easy) after 1 week and to let my body gauge how much I can handle.

Both PS says no strap, no drains YAY AND double YAY!!!!

PS #2 uses stitches that dissolve; while PS #3 will remove stiches in 7-10 days; both say I can shower 24 hours after surgery.

PS #2 said no vitamins or minerals prior to surgery; PS #3 encourages you to take multi-vitamins. (I don't typically take them; but started today)

PS #3 said to limit salt intake for the next few days prior to surgery (makes you retain fluid) and 2 weeks post op. PS #2 said nothing of salt intake.

PS #3 said do not shave underarms day of or before surgery. Kinda strange; but I suppose it makes a little bit of sense.

That's all I can remember off hand. I'm curious as to my massage instructions that I'll be getting. PS #2 wasn't going to let me massage or do any sort of stretching exercises for 3-4 weeks. I wasn't happy to hear that since I've read so many women say how much it helps them feel better.

We've all read how each PS has their own way of doing things. From surgical bras 24/7 for 3 weeks to no bra at all; some make you wear a strap and others don't etc. etc. I'm not saying one is right and the other is wrong. It's just based upon their experiences and what works for them ... very interesting to me.

Hopefully today is the day !

So excited but will be nervous until I'm actually being wheeled into OR. wish me luck

I finally have boobies!!!

Just a brief update. 1st and most importantly I want to thank everyone for their well wishes and tremendous support. It means so very much to me. I'm at my dad's house. My dad ended up taking me and picking me up and thought I should come here since I was so loopy and walking right after was an issue. It's now 8:00 and in feeling pretty good. Very tight and typical pressure; mostly just very tired. I'm due for more pain meds but not really in much pain but will take 1/2 pill just in case.
More later. He ended up putting in 37signals round smooth mod+. Loving them so far. No bandages or drains. Sooo happy about that!

Post-op Day 2

Quick Note. Feeling and looking great. So far I think the 375cc were a great choice. Not much pain at all. Slightly dizzy right after taking the pain medication. Been sleeping on and off the past few days. It's been nice to get some much needed rest. Will do a full update with pics soon!

2 days post op

Was sent home with just gauze on incision and bra. What do to think? I sure hope those are bra marks on the side and NOT the implant. Any gueses?

3 days post op/ incisions

It's now been 3 days. Yesterday was blah. Tummy has been grumbling but no bm yet. Tummy isn't hard but firm (wish it were ab muscle I was feeling). My dad is bringing me some MOM'S today so hopefully I'll "go" before it gets bad. Took off the gauze pads and was very pleased to see there was very little blood and no oozing. Had my 1st shower today. Felt pretty good; although now I'm light headed. Last night i was trying to put a pillow on top of me (I'm used to cuddling with a pillow) and dropped it ... who knew how heavy a pillow could be? My right boob feels like it got punched!
Yesterday I only took my pain medication (1/2 a pill) and was very pleased that the pain was very manageable. I'm wondering if being off them allowed for me to feel my tummy hurting or if it's just a coincidence. I was hoping to switch to Tylenol today but after the pillow beating me up I think I'll continue with 1/2 pill as needed. No appetite. When I do eat I feel very full on a small amount. It kind if felt like I had heat burn on both sides all day. I'm guessing it's signs on constipation?
Without the gauze to cushion the incision my brain is pressing against them and they're a bit more tender. I may have to rig some padding or try a difference bra.
Overall I'm very pleased with my recovery process. My new boonies look a bit strange, are high and tight but by no means hard like some women descibe. I think I'm going to have very nice results.

Ups and downs

The good news is ... I pooped! Not much but yay! I took 2 doses of M.O.M and it seemed to do the job.
Bad news is I'm not off the pain medication like I was hoping. I wonder of I were prescribed a muscle relaxer if it were to have made a difference. Honestly I didn't even try Tylenol; but did ice the morning boob. I'm not even sure how to explain the pain. My right boob feels much tighter. The band has been hurting but mostly it's almost like bad heartburn combined with something that feels like electrical currents ... mainly on the side. The incision aches every now and then. With 1/2 hydrocodone the pain is a 1; 2 when i get up ... without; it's a 5 or 6. No point in feeling any discomfort so i went ahead and took half a pill.

FML!!!

I just listened to a voice mail from a client who was not happy with my helpers work! This was my BIGGEST fear!I know this lady is psycho but how psycho is she? Now I'm really worried about the move out clean she did for my favorite client! And clients the rest of the week. I'm just beside myself right now! Really thinking i should go back to work tomorrow. Funny how i just said I was not going back for at least a week! FML

pics from day 5

Yesterday (day 5) was overall a good day. My daughter and SIL just bought a new house and the whole family went to see it. Spent about 1.5 hours there. I took 1/2 a pill when I woke up. Driving was okay. Pulling into a parking spot not as easy. We all went to lunch and by then my back really started hurting. For some reason my other daughter's truck battery died so I ended up staying to let then use my SUV to jump it which took a while :( During lunch my grand daughter ran up to me to give me a hug and ran into my left boobie. Scared me for a bit but luckily I blocked a lot of the impact with my hands. My youngest daughter kept literally peeking down my shirt ... right in the middle of the parking lot! She wants to go bigger than me ... I'm no! She's barely 5 ft tall and not even 90lbs! My oldest (unsupportive) daughter didn't say a word; which is fine. I'd rather her keep her mouth shut than say anything negative. My son and I went to Publix to get a few grocery items and I couldn't wait to get it done and over with. I couldn't wait to get home! By this time the pain medication had long wore off and I just wanted to lie down. I honestly thought I'd sleep the rest of the day! Buy nope! Typical me for some reason when I'm really tired I just can't sleep. Lol I should have taken a pill but I'm trying to get off them. All in all I felt somewhat human again just getting out of the house and feel like I accomplished something. I need that. It was about 5 hours. Not bad for my 1st day out. It did make me realize that going back to my 10-15 hour work day was out of the question.

Morning of day 6

Last night I managed to rig a feather pillow under my boobs as a means of trying to somewhat sleep on my sides and relieve some pain from my back. It worked pretty well without any discomfort but most of the time I was worried that I might damage them somehow or cause them to move out of the pocket. The PS did say inclined back sleeping was preferred; but to sleep anyway comfortable. It did help my back ... A LOT. I even put a pillow behind me to support my back and help me stay in position. I went to bed around midnight and was up at 5a.m. ... hungry (good sign).
This morning my son missed the bus. Uggg. He was lucky I got up at 9:30. I stayed up until 7:30 and thought I'd sleep well past that. So my morning started with a rush out the door getting him to school half an hour late. I went and filled my gas tank up for my post op appointment on Wednesday. That was a task. If you're famiar with BJ's Wholesale you know you're only allowed to face one direction when you pump gas and if you're stuck on the opposite side of your tank the hoses pull to reach. I'm not sure if it's because I just had surgery or they just replaced all their pumps; but pulling the hose and holding it while pumping 17 gallons was a chore. While driving home I thought I might stop at Kohl's and just walk around the store since I was out and about. While driving I noticed that I felt like my right boob felt like it was pulling down and it felt like it was smack dab of the middle of my sternum. That made me want to go home and check to make sure the girls were okay. My PS did not make marks on me other than under the crease where he would cut. Nothing down the middle; nothing outlining where my existing breast tissue is. Now I'm feeling like my boobs are not centered. Is it because I slept on my right side? Was it always like that and I didn't notice. Man I sound like I'm paranoid! My boobs also seem big ... maybe too big. Something I didn't want. I'm sure it'll be fine in clothes .. it'd better be!!! Funny how we go back and forth .. too small, just right, too big. My daughter also commented on my nipples. The were stretched from nursing 4 kids. When I'm naked they look normal .. maybe even not stretched. In a sports bra now it looks like ... remember when you first got boobs and it was all nipples/areolas at 1st? That's how they look. A bump on top of breasts. Please tell me that goes away!!!! I will never be able to go braless if that's the case. I'm already hyper sensitive about headlights showing; I don't want the areola area sticking out too!.

Post op Day 7

I starting writing this update ... had about 4 paragraphs going and then my tablet decided to do an update; despite I told it 3 times NO! Bleh!!!

Yesterday was my first day of no pain med. I didn't try Tylenol either; though if the pain starts again I will. Today I'm feeling very light headed for some reason. I forced myself to eat 1/2 a bagel hoping it would help and so I could take my antibiotics. I think I forgot to take those yesterday since I wasn't taking any pain pills. I hate taking pills so I'm horrible at remembering to take them. All in all it was a pretty good day. I started icing around dinner time because they started to ache. Seems like so many random feelings going on with the boobs. Aches, zingers, morning boob anytime I'm laying around too much. They're still looking big; but I think I see them settling a bit. I'm confused as some women say the boobies get bigger; and others say they get smaller after D&F. I think mine appear bigger since the swelling between my breast have gone down quite a bit. I'm also wondering if the boobies are too close together already? Maybe a sign of them being too big? Eh I'll deal with that when the time comes. Overall I'm very proud of my body. Proud of the fact that I'm almost 47 years old (eekk 2 weeks!), have and nursed 4 kids. For years gaining weight was a problem; once I hit 38 it really wasn't an issue anymore. Once I'm healed I am hoping to start some sort of program just to tighten and tone what I do have. Arm pit boob ... hope to get rid of that!
I've driven twice without too much of a problem. Will probably take my son to Math Night at school tonight (if I'm no longer feeling dizzy) and have my 1 week post op tomorrow at 1:00 p.m..
My biggest complaints I want to address is nipples are hyper sensitive and my bra band is killing me! I know many of you will find it strange that I'm saying this but I could care less if I have any sensation in my nipples. It was never a turn on for me. If they stay sensitive I'm afraid that no one will be allowed to play with them as I'll find it annoying as all hell if not painful. I've tried everything I can think of to ease the pain from my bra band. I have some brusing on my ribs right where the bra hits and it makes the pain pretty intense. I've tried switching to 4 different bras and nothing has helped. The small ones I bought for recovery are overall just too dang tight. The really squish my boobs together; something my PCC said not to do. I have champion zip of sports bra in size medium and large. I wore the large last night to bed. I've resorted to stuffing soft camis under the band from my sides to under my incisions; and it does help but obviously can't go in public looking ridiculous! If any of you know of any sports bras that are super comfy in the band .. PLEASE let me know. I'm hoping to find some that don't come up so high so my bra doesn't show at the top of a V-neck shirt. Am I asking too much lol? I very well may be! Hey but you never know unless you ask!!! Also if you can recommend petals to disguise the headlight and anything I can do to ease the sensitivity in the nipples. I love hearing from other ladies what they've tried and what's worked for them!

Day 7 too soon to clean my own house???

My kitchen is an absolute wreck!!!! Dirty pots and pans, dirty counters. I can't take it anymore!!! I know I'm in no shape to clean other peoples houses; but I've got to do something about my own house. I have 3 dogs; a Siberian Husky, a Pomeranian, and a Pom/Shih tzu mix. There was fur everywhere! My pom is blowing his coat and I'm dying to brush him out. Thankfully my son vacuumed most of the house on Sunday! I wish he did my bedroom too; but he said I was sleeping an didn't want to disturb me ... uh huh; can't blame a kid for trying! I have washed dishes; washing large pots and pans are a bit of a strain. I'm worried about reaching the entire counter tops. I'm told we should keep our elbows to our sides; and cleaning up to the backsplash would be a reach. I doubt I'll do it today since I'm still feeling dizzy. I'm about to attempt to make tomato soup and grilled cheese for lunch. Not sure why I'm craving that. I'm not much of a sandwich person lol. Mmmm Vietnamese Pho Soup sounds really yummy right now!!! Always makes me feel better ... dinner maybe??? lol

8 days post of ... looking forward to my 1 week appointment!

Last night I had to take 2 extra strength Tylenol. Really just because my ribs hurt so much from the band. Stupid bra!!!! I'm about to start getting ready for my appointment even though it's only 10:00 a.m. and my appointment isn't until 1:00 ... who knows how long it'll take me to get read and I REALLY need to shave lol! I have so many questions. I want to know how the surgery went. Did I wake up easily (smoker under iv sedation)? were my muscles tight? was there a problem since my boobs are fiberous? What size(s) did he try with temporary sizers? Did I go too big? What size would he have chosen if I had told him to choose bigger over smaller? I read that going to a D cup is not the greatest since women my size aren't natuarally D cups and now I'm worried that by going bigger than average (350cc is average and I'm smaller than average) that I put myself in a position to have more complications down the road such as thinning skin, breast tissue. That I'll end up needing a lift down the road. I know these aren't meant to last a lifetime; but I'm almost 47 years old so I was hoping to not do this again ... a girl can dream right??? Uggg hate that I over analyze everything!

Post op Day 9 1st post op appointment

Today I had my 1 week post op appointment. It went by pretty fast. More just to see how I'm doing and making sure the incisions are healing. I was somewhat disappointed that he didn't remove the tape and stitches; I thought that was the purpose of the appointment since it was a week instead of a few days. It doesn't bother me and I figure it's better to keep it on. He said surgery was uneventful. He tried 350cc, 375cc and 400cc. I'm not sure why he tried the 400 since I told him 375cc was my absolute max I wanted to get. He just said to make sure I got what I wanted. He said 400cc looked good and I could pull it off; but figured I'd rather be right in the middle. He was right because there are times I think 375cc is too big. He assured me once they drop and fluff that I'll be really happy. He cleared me to work but told me to take it easy. No windows but said I could vacuum. I'm not too sure about that .. last night I swiffered my batheroom and I could feel and see my muscles and implants moving! It was freaky and kind of gross! He assured me that once they settle that won't be an issue unless I'm really into hitting the gym. Nope .. not this girl! I do plan on toning up my flabby body but that's it. I have very little body fat and tend to get very muscular when I work out. I like toned with some definition; but much beyond that I start to look like a dude! He recommended using nursing pads for my nipple pain so I went to Target afterwards and bought some. I also bought 2 "comfy" bras (1 medium and 1 large). I'm hoping to use them under my yoga tops (still haven't figured out if the built in bra is supportive enough and silly me forget to ask); I also think they'll be good for sleeping in. Man I sure hope they live up to their name "comfy" these bands are still killing me!

I'm bummed that I had to turn down work. I started working for this contractor and he called me today asking me if I could clean on Friday. I was honest with him and told him that I did have help but was recovering from surgery. I know he's as OCD as I am. He just had surgery as well and he thought it would be best if I passed on this job; but assured me that he'd keep me in mind for others and he wouldn't hold this against me. Whew!!!!

Monday I HAVE TO go back to work. There's no wiggle room to move clients to different dates. I have a home watch (easy as pie; no labor whatsoever), 2 small condos (under 1000 sqft) and a 2500 sqft home to clean. 4 jobs in 1 day! And to top it off my son's baseball coach called and said that the first practice for fall ball is @ 5:30 on Monday! I'm going to be on a ridiculously tight schedule. I'm really nervous; this is not how I wanted my first day back to work to be like. Then on top of that a 1 1/2 -2 hour baseball practice. I'm going to be exhausted!!!! Luckily Tuesday next week there's just 1 really easy house to clean; it's probably that I have an appointment to have my stitches removed at 2:30 which makes it impossible for me to book another job. But that's me. I love working; love staying busy, love making money. Okay maybe not so much love working; after all I clean houses for a living! I do get a sense of satisfaction and knowing that I'm helping people. I'm just known to overdue it. When I hire people I warn them that the hours are inconsistent; but if there's a way to work 12-15 hour days I'm booking it. I travel up to 60 miles to clean many houses so it's better to book 2-3 jobs while I'm there instead of wasting gas and having to go back ... it saves me $30.00. I need to come up with a game plan to work as efficiently as possible, not hurt myself and yet get these jobs done on schedule. My helper is probably going to kill me!!! lol whatever I can't do she's going to have to do and do it quicker than she normally does. Eh it'll be good for her .. she's a bit slow and she needs to pick up the pace if she wants to make some serious money on her own this season. What I'm asking for is reasonable and has been done before; just with me at 100%.

8 day post op pics

Quicker to load pics by phone ... not going to bother showing surgical tape. Will post more incision pics once the stitches come out.

Day 9 Post op

One thing I forgot to mention about my post op appointment is that my PS does not recommend massage or displacement exercises. He says recent studies show that massaging does help with cap con and that's an old way of thinking. Which is why he also doesn't use a band. He says gravity will do it's job and it's better to let nature take it's course than to force them down. I asked him about displacement exercises to keep the pocket open and he says there's nothing to worry about; the pocket isn't going anywhere. When I mentioned that massaging seemed to help some women with pain he agreed but also said for some it increased the pain. He said I could massage if I wanted to; but I didn't have to. Not now and not 3 or 4 weeks from now or ever. The whole purpose for massaging was to prevent cap con; but now it's proven that it doesn't really help. They will drop and fluff naturally and massaging them won't make it happen any sooner. I'm going to trust him since he is a top rated surgeon with many awards; studying at the Mayo clinic and attends seminars several times a year. He also encouraged me to get back to my normal life as soon as possible after surgery. Most his patients are back to work in a few days. He just said because of my work to take it easy and listen to my body.

Other than waking up with a tummy ache (no idea why); today I feel pretty darn good! My ribs were killing me from wearing the surgery bra (more on that) so I'm wearing one of my new comfy bras today. I'm hoping it works; loving the purple color .. purple is my favorite!!! I'll add a pic after I'm done updating (so much easier to add pics from the phone). My left boob has a nursing pad on to cushion my burning nips. I think they work great! I think the pads will also serve as a "petal" as well. It's not completely smooth under the bra which is quite thin, but I think with a shirt on it'll do the trick and way cheaper than petals.
Morning boobs are still an issue as well as the zingers and overall aching; but very doable without Tylenol. At night they seem to hurt the most. I'm not sure why because I'm pretty much laying around all day.

The surgery bra. The band on it is quite wide and firm and was starting to ride up (boobies dropping?!?) and was making my incision site sore as well. I was taking a look at the straps to see if I could lower them but unfortunately they are as long as they get. The interesting thing I discovered was that the surgery bra is actually a nursing bra!!! You know the bras with the clasps to fold down to breastfeed??? I find that very interesting since yesterday while I was out bra shopping at Target I noticed a pretty good selection of nursing bras (some fairly cute). I had thought to myself ... hmmm nursing bras should provide tons of support; I wonder if these would be an option? I just found this to be very interesting that my PS would give me a nursing bra! I mean here I thought I was getting some special "surgical" bra! But it all makes sense! So all you gals who hung onto your nursing bras ... you are set! It's been 12 years since I had my last kid and I tossed mine out long ago; knowing 100% he would be my last.

The "comfy" bra is by Hanes. I bought 1 in size medium and 1 in size large. For some reason the large fits the best; despite the size labeling on the back. I find it very strange to be buying anything is a size large .. I'm a size 0 or 1; XS or Small. The straps don't pull and the very wide yet stretchy band sits right below my crease. So far so good.

Hanes comfy bra

I bought a large in purple and meduim in a slate grey. If these work out I'll look for a few in nude too. I paid $6.97 each. They were priced wrong and rung up at $8.97 but I made them honor the tag price. I was going to purchase a wireless bra that was a cross between a sports bra and normal bra for $15.97 but figured I'd get two comfy ones instead.
I'm still on the hunt for a perfect comfortable bras that clasps in front and is convertible. Those I will stock up on ... when and if I find them. I'm only a week post op and don't want to spend a fortune on bras until they settle but need bras now for work. It's still really hot here and I tend to sweat while working so I need at least 5 bras.

End of Day 9

I dusted my whole house just to see if I could. I also cleaned the living room TV; it was gross and the glass tables. I was able to do it all just fine; but I was out of breath!!!! Wow. That only happens when I'm busting my butt vacuuming a very large house. Makes me nervous for Monday with all my tight time constraints ;( Tomorrow I will tackly the kitchen. It's relatively clean since I had my son wipe down all the counters; but I'm sure he didn't move anything and it could use a good cleaning. This weekend I'll make sure my helper brings my vacuum back so I can see how that goes.
The comfy bra and nursing pads are working out great. Still a little sore at the sides and ribs through the day; but a great improvement. Nips feel waaay better with the pads.
My only real complaint is my boobs get really really tight at night. I iced the tonight and it didn't help at all. I just took 2 Tylenol and waiting for them to kick in. Anyone know why they hurt worse at night than in the morning?
My PS doesn't recommend massaging but I've been light rubbing them with my fingertips when they ache and it seems to help. No displacement excercises recommended but I do try to move them a bit; more so because I'm curious as to if they'll move at all .. and they do! Not much but at least the have SOME movement to them.
I'm still a tad bit worried that they are too big. We'll have to wait and see. Some women shrink and others get a bit bigger when they D&F. As before I had BA and before I had kids the side boobs are there. They're not in the way or anything; but definitely very noticeable.
All in all I think today was my best day. I woke up feeling great! I did have a tummy ache when I first woke up but that went away quickly. I've been horrible about taking my antibiotics; was suppose to be done with them yesterday but I still have 6 more pills left. If I keep going this rate; I'll have enough for 12 days instead of 7. I'm wondering if I should quit taking them since it's been 9 days and they were prescribed as a precaution versus for an actual infection. Maybe one of you nurses on here can offer advice?!
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Hey, did you get my response from yesterday? I recommended those nursing pads to you too ;). I'm actually surprised he cleared you for work, that's great! But make sure you follow his advice and take it easy!! Your new pics are looking great :)
Yes I got your message! That's why I bought them; both you and my PS recommended them ... and they work great!!!! Thank you so much for the advice!!!! I knew he'd clear me for work; though I don't think he knows how hard house cleaning really is. The other PS said to take a month off. Another RSer (Redglory) works a normal job during the week and does new construction cleaning on the weekends. She said she did this huge house at 3 weeks and she was in more pain the day after than day 1-3. I'm hoping to learn a lesson from her. She does the sweeping; but we never sweep; we only vacuum (love my Shark!) I will try to take it easy; but I HAVE to work on Monday; no choice. I could feasibly take the rest of the week off; but I guess I'll play it by ear and really pay attention to my body. If it hurts I will stop and try to find something else I can clean. If I can dust and clean kitchens I think I'll be useful; if I can vacuum too then it'll be perfect! I am very nervous; 1) it'll be a very long day, 2) I get tired just from leaving the house for a few hours. Thanks! I'm starting to get used to the size; love them in tops! Just need to get used to them naked! lol I always avoided looking at myself in the mirror unless I'm putting on make up; doing my hair and before I walk out the door. I rarely like what I see. Don't get me wrong; I am a confident person; it's more so I wish people would appreciate more of who I am than what I look like. It may be a funny thing for someone who just got a BA done; but the boobies are for me ;)
Typical man lol, wouldn't have any idea how much work it is to clean a house top to bottom. I have pretty high standards when it comes to cleanliness too so I can imagine your frustrations of your helper's work not being up to par. My husband probably gets annoyed of me telling him not to leave finger prints on the stainless steel... and making him squeegee the glass shower every time he uses it. I can't handle spatters on taps or mirrors, CANNOT stand a dirty sink (especially kitchen sink). There are lots of little things that bug me but I have tried to lighten up a little now that I have a toddler or else I would be making myself mental. I think vacuuming may be possible for you, but I would avoid mopping at all costs! Glad to hear you are getting used to the size :). You will get used to them naked, don't worry! It is a bit of an adjustment especially when there is still some swelling present. I agree with you.. It would be wonderful if people appreciated others more based on the person they are rather than the looks that they have, unfortunately it seems like the opposite is becoming more and more true.
Lol that's what I thought of my PS too. He comes from a long line of doctor's so I doubt he's ever cleaned a house before! There is no way I could have stainless steel in my house! The finger prints, water drip marks that end up rusting in most people's house since they don't dry them right away. I love the look; but too much maintenance! I'm super anal about faucets, mirrors and so glad there is not a man in my life right now. I do not miss poor aim, shaving cream mixed when hairs, and the disgusting toothpaste residue when someone can't take 20 seconds to rinse out the sink. It's a joke; but I often tell clients who have shower glass that they're getting a squeegee for X-mas. The water is really hard here and if you don't squeegee or at least clean your shower every week that those hard water stains will NEVER come out. After a certain period of time they become permanent! I've tried everything from CLR, Lime away, Kaboom, dawn (works amazing on soap scum and tub rings), barkeepers friend etc. I've even tried Muriatic Acid. Funny how CLR and LimeAway worked the worst! I also joke that bar soap is not allowed either! A clean kitchen and clean bathrooms are a must! After raising 4 kids; I've learned to live with a certain amount of clutter ... just not in public spaces. That's what they had bedrooms for! Vacuuming will depend on the house. If the floors are hard (tile/wood/laminate/) I typically will move furniture to vacuum under. My vacuum has an attachment that can reach under beds; but it requires practically lying down so you can see where you've vacuumed and where you haven't. Those houses my helper will have to vacuum. Carpets I shouldn't have a problem with. I only mop if I'm cleaning by myself. I lose it when I'm mopping after someone else has not done an exceptional job vacuuming. Drives me nuts to have to stop what I'm doing and pick up something. Beside; it's hard on my back; I'm no spring chicken anymore! I dusted my whole house today; just to see. I didn't do the ceiling fans since my helper has most of my tools; I'm sure they're a no. I cleaned the TV screen and the glass tables. The tables were kind of tough if I tried to reach too far it (muscles) felt very strange. I managed to do it in a decent amount of time; but I'll admit I was out of breath! I've never gotten out of breath dusting! wth??? I feel lucky to be blessed with a decent amount of looks and intelligence, but I really do not care for superficial people. If the first thing that comes out of a guys mouth is something regarding my appearance .. it doesn't matter if it's lewd or if it's "your gorgous" I sometimes take offense to it. I see it as they just want one thing; and it has nothing to do with getting to know me. Good thing I have no time for dating! One day ... I'll make time. Business first.
You couldn't be more accurate about the disgusting man habits that you mentioned. I don't know how they can be so slobby and not care, but I suppose its because they generally never have to clean it. You will have to let us know how you feel tomorrow after doing all that dusting! I hope you wake up feeling great. CLR is crap!! One time I got a little rust stain in my sink from a metal can, so I tried using CLR to get rid of it. It was literally useless! So then I tried good ol' Vim and it did the job nicely. I love the look of stainless too but agree with you about the maintenance, its a pain in the ass. I am trying to train my 2 year old not to touch it lol. I am so with you about the superficial people.. not my scene at all.
Glad to see your doing pretty good. I completely understand the work thing. I would have been better off closing the office instead! As far as the nipples, I used lingerie solutions breast petals. They were ok, not completely smooth and gave me little pimples. They did the job though. As for smoking, how are you doing? I am sad to say I'm still sneaking it in post op but scare myself to death every time I do it. I can't seem to totally stop and all I do is think about smoking. To hear from someone who is going through the same thing would probably help my obsessing.
Shutting the business down for 2-3 weeks was not an option. I closed for a week while we went on a family cruise 1 month before. I wish I would have wrote down the company that made good petals. My PCC suggested I think take the padding from my bikini top but I think you'll be able to see those too. Won't know until I try! After my 2nd choice PS said he had no problems with me smoking I kind of gave up trying to quit. It was stupid. I'd get nausea after smoking the 1st few days. Anyways he said try to stay below 10 and that's what I've done. It's really hard when I'm bored I out of my mind! Like you all I can think about is smoking ... especially when sh&* hits the fan with work stuff. Luckily I don't drink too lol. I've been trying to watch my salt intake (swelling) and do everything else I can to be healthy .. like not taking any pain meds. How are you feeling now that you've pooped? Tummy soften up aND get flatter? I felt myself after the 2nd BM the next morning.
That made me feel better about the smoking thing. I've done the exact same as you...around 6/day. My stomach is alot more flat. It was a combo of drinking a sh*t ton of waterrorism and prune juice. I feel a ton better also...I almost feel like myself again. Back at work today and it's much easier, the people aren't though. The a holes probably picked the worst day to come in....and there's a lot of them today. That's the only thing I can complain about. Other than that, all good! My 1st post op is Friday.
I'm so glad you're feeling so much better! I'm at my post op now. Sorry about the A holes. One thing i love about my business is i get to pick and choose who i work for. Some people are just that way .. miserable people who seem to want everyone to join them. Just found out I'm not getting my stitches out .. bummed.
You are looking fantastic!! Sorry to hear about your work troubles :(. Did your helper offer any explanation about they shitty job she did? Did you hear any feedback from your favorite? I know it must be so hard for you to just sit back and relax while you know things aren't being done properly at work but it is not worth it for you to risk your health in any way! I'm sure the clients will get over it, especially if they are loyal to you, and there's always the option of taking on new clients! I was glad to hear that unsupportive daughter didn't say anything negative to you. Don't worry about them looking to big right now I can pretty much guarantee they wont look that big in a couple weeks, they will probably be the exact size you were hoping for :). As for the nipples, mine looked horrible at first! They were swollen and puffy looking I hated it, I was also worried about whether they would stay that way or not and thankfully they went back to normal! Hope you continue to heal well :)
Thank you Anna! No; she didn't say anything despite the fact that I brought it up in a (I warned her that her 1st client in the morning had no problems complaining and gave her specific of what her expectations are). She totally avoided the topic. I know what you're saying about not wanting to risk my health. I hope to feel better tomorrow after my post op tomorrow. I'm keep telling myself "one more week". Yes I do believe my clients will get over it (except for the 1 who complained; specifically said no one is to come clean unless I'm there as well; thankfully she's once a month so I will be there next time). I'm pretty sure that having someone clean once or twice while I'm gone they'll understand. Problem is I need this girl to clean on her own. I need a total of 12 people by end of year .. at least that's my goal. I'm hoping to get tons of new clients this season! Yes I'm glad my oldest daughter didn't have much to say (other than she'll take my old VS bras). I'm trying not to worry that their too big. The just look bigger as the swelling between my chest goes down. I'm not looking to show them off to the world, but also don't want to have to work at hiding them either! Thank you for letting me know your nips are back to normal .. I needed to hear that! I also appreciate you being here for me =)
Oh in regards to my favorite clients .. they moved to CA so I'm on pins and needles hoping she did a good job. The homeowner should be stopping by any time now if he hasn't already. I'm praying he has nothing bad to say. He was a real jerk to the mom (it was a Mom and daughter who lived there). I'm really sad they moved away. Such nice ladies.
Lol! What nerve! Ms. Unsupportive can't give you a compliment or encourage you, but she can ask for your bras?! Did you say yes? I know exactly what you mean about not looking to show off but not wanting to make an effort to hide them, I felt the same way. I actually never show them really.. If I want to wear something a little "revealing", I will usually do something tight rather than something low cut that shows a lot of skin. Just a sexier look in my opinion. I think my mom was scared that getting implants would change me and I would start to dress like a bimbo but I don't dress any differently than I did before. I think part of the reason for this is because I always had naturally larger breasts before I was finished breastfeeding, so having boobs and cleavage isn't like a brand new experience for me. My boobs in the past were never quite as big as they are now, but I was usually between a 34C-D depending on my weight. Probably similar situation for you! Regarding the nipple petals.. I'm not sure if you read my post about my experience with them, but I tried the silicone ones thinking they would be great, and they looked terrible. Puffy and gross. So then I tried the disposable ones, and they didn't lay completely flat but they did look better than the silicone ones. The thing is, the adhesive stuff on them can be quite sticky, and if you were to put them on your nipples at the stage they're at now, it would hurt like a b*tch to take them off!! I waited til my sensitivity was almost gone to try them. What you could do is look for those nursing pads, you can even get nice cotton ones, and just put those in your bra. I actually did that for a couple days when the sensitivity was at it's worst. As for cleaning your house.. just do the minimum and if anything hurts or feels strained, stop!!
I did say yes to her on the bra thing since I don't think my youngest daughter could fill out my old bras. Of course my oldest is a princess and only wants VS or one's I bought at Macy's ... heaven forbid she wear a bra from Kohl's. (I love Kohl's I think the prices are awesome and quality is pretty darn good; especially when they send me a 30%off coupon!) I agree that it's sexier not to show off skin. I really don't have anything that shows off skin. My dad did make a point that all my shirts are tight. All my shorts are on the shorter side too. But I'm so skinny that if I were something loose fitting then I look like a hanger wearing clothes. My shorts look best when the hit the fattest part of my theighs. Shirts are fitted because otherwise I'd be flat as a board! Another reason I'm glad have side boobs now! I actually have some curves now!!! Yes before I had 4 kids I was a 30C; people thought they were fake back then! I could still fake it with my full A/small B. Honestly if it weren't for the fact that they just felt like an empty potato sack I would have been happy (except when it came time to wearing dresses that you can't wear a bra). It's crazy but even though my boobs are really tight; I'm loving the fact that they are firm! Especially at the top. Don't get me wrong; I want them to soften up and be squishy .. just not too squishy! I took your advice and bought some nursing pads and they are working GREAT!!!. Thank you!! My nipples thank you!!!!. While I was there I bought some "comfy" bras in hope to ease the rib pains and also bought some disposable petals for down the road. I'm not sure how often I'll be going braless but thought I should have them on hand. I'm wondering if I could just pop them on my nips without using the adhesive (assuming I'm wearing a fitted top like a cami) if they'll stay in place? Kinda like the nursing pads. I decided not to remove the paper for the adhesive (I'm cheap) so I can reuse them over and over. Lol Maybe I'm thinking that way since I don't shower every day now! I'm actually trying to figure a polite way to give some to my helper hehe. She knows I have this thing about not showing my nips; she on the other hand could care less. I think she wears a bra since they don't jiggle but you can always see her nips through her shirts. I've hinted numerous times how tacky I think it is and that I don't think it's appropriate in front of clients. I haven't said anything because most of the times clients aren't around; and when they are she doesn't really interact with them. I have some very "high end" clients that I worry will also think it's trashy looking as well. Any suggestions on how could again broach this subject with her? I already have a rule of no T&A showing. How do I tell her no nips showing? lol
Well that was kind of you to give her the bras! Hopefully she appreciates it. I guess those nipple petals would stay in place without the adhesive if your bra or top was tight enough, I never even thought of that. Hahah this made me laugh, about your helpers nips.. If I were you I would lie to her and say that you actually did have a complaint from a client, and just ask her nicely if she would mind being a little more discreet. Then offer her a pair of petals or just tell her where to buy them lol. Either she is completely oblivious or she is doing it intentionally to bug you if even after your comments she continues to do it!
I haven't given to her yet; I haven't seen her since last weekend and not sure when I will; but I don't have any use for them so why not. 1/2 her work wardrobe came from me. She was actually suppose to give me money for them since at the time I had boyfriend who had no problem buying me really nice and expensive suits. She figured I had no use for them so she just took them!!! I clean her house (yes I get paid) and had to take back a few things; including several pairs of shoes. It's just the way she is. There was a time that the 3 of us wore a size 0 and she would think nothing of going through our closets. I had to put a stop to it when she was in high school. She had a Myspace page and not only was she wearing my clothes but her friends were too! I made it a rule that if the tag was still on it; it was off limits. Her sister got to the point where she would literally label all of her hangers with what item belonged to it so she knew what was missing! LOL enough of that; I'm making it sound like she's a horrible person; she's not. She's highly intelligent and very career motivated; just needs work in the more personal issues. Nope my helper is not oblivious; she just doesn't see it the way we do. Or maybe she doesn't notice it the way I do. When I was in my 20's a friend wanted to go out after work and her house was close by so she suggested instead of me going home to change that I borrow an outfit. The only thing I could find that fit me was this 1 piece short/halter number. I didn't have a bra that converted and figured since it was black and we'd be in club that was dark no one would notice. Well a male friend of mine noticed and said "you're gonna poke someone's eyes out with those things". That was the last time I went braless. I was so self conscious since then. Of all places; I thought a night club would be the last place people would expect you to wear a bra! I do have a few summer dresses that have the padding in; but even those I'm really careful of nip slips. Anyways she thinks I'm being silly and that it's no big deal. I will have to say something to her before season starts. I certainly wouldn't want my husband checking out my cleaning ladies nips!
Your daughter sounds a lot like my sister. Like you said, definitely not a horrible person by any means, but she has this sense of entitlement and is also very career motivated and intelligent. She is almost done school to be an accountant and her grades are phenomenal. She's very outgoing and pretty too so I'm sure that wont hurt career wise! OMG I would have been livid if I saw my kid's friends wearing my clothes!! LOL your nipple/nightclub story is funny.. reminded me of something that happened a long time ago. I had a girlfriend over, she had naturally large boobs and I think she didn't like wearing thick bras because they made her boobs look too big, so her nips were showing pretty frequently. We were hanging out in the living room and my older brother walked in. He looks at her and says, "Amanda.. don't you know its rude to point?!" At first she didn't get it, and once she finally did her face turned pretty darn red..
I did not drive until one week post op. Even then it hurt. I find myself massaging it while driving. Hopefully no one saw. Hahaha! In the beginning, I also thought my boobs shift when if slept on my side, so I do "rearrange" them into their proper place. I was given the green light to massage at one week, and that helped a lot to soften it and help them drop, and also to make aches and pains go away. Regarding your boobs feeling like they are bigger, as long as there is no pain, or not becoming progressively bigger, it is probably just a perception issue. But, sorry to say about the nipples- I read somewhere here that it is probably a hallmark of BA- headlights. You can apply those petal nipple covers, or just wear formed sports bras/lightly padded bras. Oh the price we pay for beauty! :-)
lol I find myself massaging or grabbing them whenever they hurt or I get a twinge. Let them see ... we love our boobies!!! I can't wait for my green light to massage ... hopefully Wednesday! It is probably a perception issue; and they always look bigger when naked. Sometimes I feel like they are dropping a bit; other times not. I know they are; Initially I had 1-2 fingers between the top and my collarbone; now it's 3 1/2 fingers. I honestly don't look at them very much naked. Seeing them everyday; it's hard to tell if I'm making progress and I don't think I have a good "eye". I'm hoping feedback from the lovely ladies on RS will keep encouraging me. Say it isn't so??? One of the reasons for getting a BA was to not need padded bras anymore!!!! I'm going to have to start looking into which petals work the best. I want to wear sexy lacey bras!!!
Wow! That's the last thing you need right now. Hope everything works out for you. Sending positive thoughts your way.
Thank you happy wife! I really appreciate your support. I'm such a control freak ... not to mention that my business is my sole source of income. I can't afford to lose clients.It just sucks that as far as work goes i can't do much more than lie here or put myself and and twins at risk.
Sorry to hear about work! Maybe you can go back just to supervise. Remember you are still prone to hematoma. It is not worth it!
I know. I'm so stressed out now. I went out for a few hours today and was in pain and exhausted afterwards. That's why I posted that i wasn't going back until at least Thursday (after my 1 week post op). I really don't want to cause myself harm .. i know me; i can't stand around and do nothing. I'm always going behind touching up behind my cleaners. I can't afford another surgery if i screw myself up. What do I do? I'm so upset i haven't even talked to her yet. I did forward her the voice mail ... I'm waiting for an explanation ... SOMETHING. I'm afraid if i confront her i will totally lose my sh#$ and I know I'm not supposed to get my blood pressure up. I'm trying to calm down so it doesn't go through the roof!
I'm going to have to research what causes hematomas. If memory serves me correctly it's from over excertion?.
Hematomas are caused by bleeding into your tissues, or those big huge bruises you see. If you lift heavy objects (my PS says no more than 10 lbs for two weeks), you might bleed. It can cause capsular contractures.