I Recovered my Smile - Cancun Mexico

25 year old male smoker traveling to Cancun for...

25 year old male smoker traveling to Cancun for holidays , new years to be exact. Well as most people know Cancun can be a bit of a party place and there is a lot of places to see and be seen. Now this is where I first had the idea of getting my teeth done as It does bring your self steam up and at this moment I needed it badly, I saw tons of beautiful girls and tons of good looking guys (way better looking than I) or at least with a brighter smile who made me feel less about myself.

I had at first thought that when I got back home I would visit the dentist and have this taken care of for my next trip, and also work out to improve my looks and so on so I would be the guy with the beautiful girls around next time I went on vacation, never the less faith had something else to say about this as the morning after we went for breakfast and shopping at Market 28 in down town Cancun and saw a dental clinic, and yes you guessed it I went in curious about everything! I asked if he had proper equipment, I looked around to see if the place was dirty or it looked unfounded and nothing seemed to be wrong so I was surprised when he Said he would charge $1000 Pesos for a dental whitening session this is about $78 USD by the way and it would take no longer than 2 hours.

I decided there and then that my family could go shopping and I would stay back and have this done.

It was prob the best 2 hours I could have spent that vacation and the best 80 bucks also, I feel super clean afterwards but seemed to be feeling smug afterwards as my family would make comments about my smile being too white and joke around, but when people who had not known me met me for the first time I did catch their eyes going to my teeth and a small grin of acceptance with out further commenting about it.

This is a great confident booster and I would recommend it to anyone who is either traveling to Cancun or Mexico the Doctors name is Eduardo Galicia.

If you plan your trip with two hours to spare (and I image if you are like anything like me) that you may not like the activities your family or spouse has in mind for the trip tell them to go ahead and treat yourself to a self steem booster.

Hope this can be helpful to some one out there and can relate.

Thanks for reading this and share your stories as well you may help some one without even noticing it.

before and after pics

I took this photo in the restroom before going in and one after the light is not the best but you can see the diference right away, I cant post my whole face but when taking into contrast with my dark hair and eyes it does change a lot more
Eduardo Galicia

Thank you so much for reviewing your procedure and your doctor.  And your pictures are very dramatic :D.  Do you know what system of whitening they used?  And did you experience any discomfort either during or after?
Hey There TwoPlusOne, If i am not mistaken the method used is a preroxide paste with a UV light to speed up the process (I think, not sure of there is another reason for it) as for discomfort I did have a mouth piece that after a while makes you drool and that can be uncofortable but nothing extraordinare... and after I was advised not to drink coffee or smoke as the teeth have less emamel to fight stains but all in all it is worth it if you can behave yourself a little after to keep stains from coming back.
Thanks!  A lot of people on here talk about sensitive teeth or even shooting pains or burns on their gums.  I'm glad to hear that you managed without any of that!  Some of the whitening treatments have brand names that people recognize, like Zoom Whitening or Kor Deep Bleaching, so that was what I meant.  But it seems like if they used a name brand on you, they didn't tell you.

Thank you so much for getting back to me!
Sensitive teeth was also a warning from the doctor he said to avoid very cold drinks or direct contact with ice for a few days and over all when ever possible, I did keep away from it and did not suffer from any of the other ones, as for the brand name they may have mentioned it to me or they might have used generic When i was in Mexico I did see there a lot of farmacys that sell only the substance rather then the brand name. Guess that is a reason why it might be cheaper, and I peeked at your profile and you look great nice makeover! are you thinking of getting anything else done?
Thanks :).  And no, not really.  I'll probably eventually get the dog ears removed, but otherwise I'm quite happy with my results.  Only maintenance now.  :D.  Maybe when I get old!
Ok, you look great!, and I highly recommend traveling to Mexico get treatments Ive been reading a lot about the subjet and it looks like something I will consider in the future and with this expirience I have only good things to say about Mexican Doctors, Eduardo (My doctor) told me he is setting up a site for this kind of stuff.  if you ever consider getting the Dog ears removed look into it and visit cancun it has the most beautiful color water, its not a bad place to recover. Cheers
We don't allow links off-site in people's reviews and comments, but if your doctor sets up a profile with RealSelf, then a link to their website is included automatically. :)  I don't know if you're still in contact with your doctor, but he can claim his profile here.