60th Birthday Gift Amazing Facelift - Cancun, Mexico

I said if at age 60 I had jowels, saggy neck and...

I said if at age 60 I had jowels, saggy neck and mudflaps for eyelids I would get work done. Guess what. On March 14,2012 1 month before my 60th I had a facelift done. In Canada the cost would have been $25,00.00. I did research in depth and found an international clinic in Cancun Mexico that is highly recommended. I talked with ladies who had my procedure done and had high recommendations. So in 1 week I flew to cancun. My Doctor did a lot more. A brow lift, muscle released between the brows so the crease is not visible, upper lower eyelids, fat grafting under the eyes and in the nasal folds, lower face and neck lift. I am only 2.5 weeks and the results are amazing. In 6 months it will be better.

Arnica tablets and gel really work on the swelling and bruising. In mexico the Dr gave me Danzen too for swelling and bruising, You can only buy it there over the counter at walmar but make sure advised by the Dr
Today is postop day 2. I'm very swollen, no bruising yet. I can barely open my mouth wide enough to eat jaws hurt with chewing. Very minimal discomfort. Just the tightness from the swelling I am surprised how swollen I am. I'm keeping ice on as much as I can. I had face/neck lift, brow lift, lower eye bleph, and fat transfers from thighs to face.
WOW ~ & I you're here to tell us all. GREAT!! I did not bruise much. I had nearly the same but no fat transfer or lower eye procedure. The ice helped so much with swelling & those tiny pills, Arnika that Dr gave me & said to take are to assist with minimizing bruising. I was not told to continue to take them after surgery so did not but was later told that I should have done that. I wore a "chin strap" brace for weeks (unlesss I was away from home) Dr. said that would hold chin area in place so it could heal better.
Wishing you speedy healing.

Now it is 7 weeks after surgery. Each day the...

Now it is 7 weeks after surgery. Each day the swelling gets less and all the incisions are healed. There is no scarring visible around my ears so I can wear my hair up no problem. Still numbness in head and parts of the cheeks and neck but no pain and no real tightness. Its quite amazing going back 15years
Hello Marie
So glad to see you are on your way home. I did bring Derma blend makeup with me. I googled the best coverage and that was it. I still use it on some dark spots on my cheeks that are still healing. Please keep in contact and get those before and after phots shots up then you will see the huge change in the next 3 months. Remember again, it takes 3-12months for the final results...it can be a slower process but so worth it...
Hi April, you are wayyyyyy less beat up than myself or Helen , you are lucky my bruises are really bad and the neck is still pretty swollen, anyhow we leave tomorrow. I had Eric bring me to get the derma makeup, p.s. Is anyone is coming for facial surgery make sure you buy derma blend makeup before you get here, they were out in the pharmacy and nobody else carried it, bought some Bobby brown but it's not as good at covering the bruises. Heading home!
Hi Georgie I just sent you a long PM about Dr Velasco in Cancun. So glad to share and you will look amazing after. He does a lot of bariatric patients so knows the whole weight loss things also.

9 weeks update Wonderful results. No...

9 weeks update

Wonderful results. No complications at all. My greatest advice for anyone is be patient. The first few weeks can be very scary depending on bruising and healing. We all heal different. But some of the things I did and used greatly helped. If anyone wants more in depth discussion please Private Message me. I love to talk about it.

This has changed my life from looking in the mirror and thinking what happened it all fell down. Now I am young outside as on my very passionate inside young self. It is so worth it and so safe. Going to Cancun was a wonderful sunny warm vacation in a exceptional private hospital with all English speaking staff and Doctor. I did a lot of research before going and the price was beyond what I could afford in Canada and that is why I chose this. All around it was a fantastic journey and more to come as I heal more in the next 3-12 months.
Yes there are extreme cases and every person takes that chance. I took the chance.I knew all the risks. I have researched for the last 5 years.I knew what could happen

But I talked with a lot of patients who had the same procedure done in the last few months to patients who have had it done in the past years. Dr Velasco knows his stuff . Nothing is stretched or pulled but very natural. I believe he is a good surgeon by proof of all the results. Now over 3 months I have some numbness but feelings are coming back slowly which he explained all to me. It does take 6-12 months for the final results.
I am sorry that you had this happen.
To All considering surgery:
There are alot of factors to consider but the most important is, do you REALLY know all the possible risks and possible outcomes? I have not found one physician that sits down with you and informs you of the total truth about what you're about to experience. Can you afford to miss a possible 6 months of work (down time of "2 weeks" is totally untrue for most who have a face/neck and brow lift)? Are you willing to risk having an asymetrical face, chronic itching, droopy lower eyelids, loss of your cheek fat to the point that your face is skeletal or hollowed, lumpy appearing skin with fat transfer, chronic pulling due to scar tissue, not looking like yourself ( look at recent pictures of Jane Fonda and compare to 10 year old pics, she doesn't look anything like herself), receding hairline with no sideburns, possible rolls of tissue under the chin and/or lower lids, nerve or muscle damage to the point that your facial expressions and speech aren't normal? I could go on and on but won't. People aren't considering the real facts and continue to think "it won't happen to me" or it's just plastic surgery so it doesn't involve major organs but then don't feel that way when it does happen to them. If I had it all to do over again, Iike I would go for botox, fillers, skin treatments, but not surgery. I have spent 39K and feel l look worse than I ever did before. If you think it can't or won't happen to you, THINK AGAIN.
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, but could you tell me who your doctor was and where you had your surgery?

Almost 4 month update. Things are progressing...

Almost 4 month update. Things are progressing wonderful. I had lipo under my chin and it looked like I still had a bit of a turkey chin. But to my surprise now the swelling is down and so is the turkey chin. It just shows healing takes time. Still have numbness on the sides of my face but lots of tingling so its coming back. My scalp has numb spots where the staples incisions were. No soreness or tenderness just numb. I was told it can take many months for the sensations to come back.
Am I happy? Yes yes yes. Would I do it again . Yes yes yes
International Patient Facilitators are going to add more suites on the beach for recovery soon. Perhaps August . Sheri Burke CEO did an excellent job and everything went smoothly with no surprises. Highly recommended by many patients.
Bridget In OR. How much discomfort was there with the lipo. Do you have much loose skin left after. I'm just wondering what kind of results you can get. I would love to ave tummy tuck but I know I won't ever do that. I've heard it's very painful and down time is substantial.
Hi Pfk, I am really pleased with the results. There is really very little loose skin and I should be able to tighten that up with exercise soon. Very little pain just a little discomfort but nothing I couldn't handle with ibuprophen.
After a week I went out when it was cool with a scarf and sunglasses we walked around. Then day 12 we checked into a all inclusive and with sunglasses an some Dermablend coverup walked around and no one stared at me. You really want to stay cool or you will have major swelling. About every 3 days you see the doctor for removal of stitches then staples just before you go home.

4 months update Things have really settled quite...

4 months update
Things have really settled quite nicely. I still have a bit of numbness on the sides of my cheeks and in the right side of my scalp where the incision was. With the lipo under my chin I had some swelling which is gone and the skin has tightened up. My turkey neck is gone and eyelids are tight. I look in the mirror and am so happy. I would do this again in a heart beat.
Hi Nargas will send it to you. Thanks for the comments
Hi hun,
Is the flight cost included? How much do you think it would be if it was just face lift no botox and local anathesia? My mom is 74 and wants to have a lower facelift but she afraid to do general anesthesia. Please send me a private message with Dr or clinic info?
Thanks You look good post-op and it's a pretty good price with all that's included.

Fat grafting or not ! From my experience now I...

Fat grafting or not !
From my experience now I see one of the main things in an ageing face is loss of volume. If I just had the deep plane lift, yes all the muscle would be lifted, but I would still have the deep lines beside my mouth and my cheek bones would be more hollow. With the complete picture you need volume added. Now my nasal labial folds are gone and my cheeks are lifted and higher. Now over 4months everything is where it should be. No lumps or bumps . My face is smooth. I think a lot of this is due to the experienced surgeon. Dr Velasco does continuing research into his procedures and believe me I was nervous about having it done. But I did my research and it proved successful. I read a lot about fat transfers gone wrong.
back from my business trip,just 3 weeks since my surgery almost all my bruises are gone & my swelling has also gone down considerably to the point of looking very natural.I wore very little cover up make up, just my usual product & my co workers said if they hadn't known I had just had a FL they never would have guessed.
Everyone is amazed at the results & already 2 of my friends want to book there surgery.
I would most definitively recommend having this done. I got " hit on " twice on this trip!
Love it. I know I get a lot more looks. Kind of back to my old /bit younger self.
So glad things are healing up and I must say its all about patience. The good thing about Dr Velasco is he does it natural meaning people think something is different but you look like you. Fabulous.

You are so right, I would love to post before & after pictures so people checking out your blog will see your not the only one with great results, I think that would take the skepticism away. Is there anyway I can add to your blog, maybe if I email my pictures to you via your private email?

6 month Update This has changed my life. Turning...

6 month Update
This has changed my life. Turning 60 is a milestone. Many friends have passed and good health is my prime goal. Feeling good about ourselves is now or never. There is no tomorrow. As Eckhart Tolle says live in the moment. I now feel like the young inner self that I have. More refreshed, turkey neck gone and cheeks uplifted. The outcome has been total success.
My only word of advice is please wait for healing. All the lumps and bumps and swelling takes time to go down. Now 6 months later
I have some numbness on my face closer to my ears and the incision line in my head on the right side. But gradually week by week it comes back slowly. Like tingles and icheyness. The swelling under my chin took about 4 months to release.
It has been so worth it.

Since this is 60's personal story, I'm closing the thread to any new comments. If you'd like to continue conversations, you can start a forum post or start your own story here. 60, so happy you are pleased with your results and thanks again for sharing your story.

Looking Fab.. This is really an amazing gift.
One way to stop the drama is to stop responding negatively when others post their experiences or you can simple stop responding. That would be the best way as I do not feel that you have lead people to the decision that is best for them. You have instead lead countless people to go down there and they wind up having bad results. You should not have so much inside information on people as this is not ethical. Let your personal agenda rest, 60 and Loving it.
Dr Velasco Marin

My rating is 5 stars as all care was excellent, My facilitator Sheri Burke provided a professional service from beginning to end. From arriving at the condo, to surgery, to all doctor appointments, everything went so smoothly. I had a direct line to Sheri with any concerns during recovery.Dr Velasco speaks fluent English and now you have your own private English speaking nurse.The cost included 12 days in a condo with all medications, compression garment , doctor appointments and all transfers. Dr Velasco has methods that are very advanced. He did fat transfers from my eyelids to under the orbital face bone and my nasal folds. Amazing natural results.