Breast Augmentation and Revision - Canberra, AU

I have had two plastic surgery procedures (breast...

I have had two plastic surgery procedures (breast augmentation and revision due to unforeseen scaring and my bodies reaction to the weight of the implants that resulted in an unexpected stretching of my skin that neither I nor my doctor had or could have anticipated). I had my own expectations and initially some concerns regarding final outcomes. However my experience was positive and I am happy with the results. Dr Vlad listened and did not rush consultations and was able to provide realistic expectations and always provided support both pre and post procedures. I had researched Dr Vlad extensively, received second opinions and waited months before my first operation and had the most confidence in my doctors experience and capability to deliver the results I was wanting which he did. Immediate results were perfect post 1st op. Unfortunately as mentioned above my body did not "hold" the implant quite the way anyone expected and after 6 months the doctor and I agreed the result varied to what I had desired and what I had post operation, this was a very emotional time for me and the staff and Doctor were so understanding it was beyond amazing and my appreciation cannot be expressed with words. After a few consultations it was decided a revision surgery would be preformed and I am now 1 week post op and results are perfect! Both operations Dr Vlad new exactly what I wanted and delivered although it was unfortunate my body didn't react the way we had hoped I am confident my results will not vary again and so is my doctor now we have a better understanding of how my skin Holds. Plastic surgery is huge decision that should be taken seriously and the results can vary so much because we are all striving for perfection when there is no such thing. i think the important thing for people to realise is no matter what you will always find a slight imperfection in your surgery result or something you thought would look slightly different. The main thing is to find a doctor who you trust with out doubt and who will support you during your times of concern in most cases you could be assured your results are great in others less common like mine having a doctor like mine made all the difference. I would defiantly have to say I am sure I made a good decision to chose Dr Vlad to be my surgeon. the hospital and 5 star medi hotel he uses are also an added touch that make the whole thing so comfortable and worth it! Dr Vlad is amazing! I'd recommend him to anyone and everyone.

Photos before and after BA (1st surgery )

Photos before and after BA (1st surgery )

Pre op I was a full c cup. Hadn't had any kids I'd put on a lot of weight in the last 4 to 5 years. My doctor used a 3D scan to tell me the exact size on my breasts it was around 400cc the right was bigger then the left. So it's safe to say they were not small. In saying this tho I have a very broad chest I really wanted a look of fullness that I felt my natural breasts didn't have. We decided on 385cc silicone implants, high profile , above the muscle this was the result

Fake look

I think it's important to note I desired a very augmented "fake " large look not all women desire this look and it is the surgeons intention to create a natural looking breast usually. My doctor new what I wanted and delivered I wanted to go even bigger but he advised this would not be a good idea otherwise if I had my way I would have the massive cartoon breasts I'm glad we didn't go that route

Worried about scars after a lift???

Here's a photo of my scaring 1 week after my second revision surgery!!!!!!!!!!! Is it just me or do the scars usually look worse the sooner after surgery and get better over time ? Hopefully mine continue to get better not worse if so ill be more then happy ! I'm happy (and pleasantly surprised now)!

To elaborate on how the lift came about. After the BA which I've mentioned went perfectly my right breast which has always been the problem one started to "let go" of the implant my skin was stretching and not holding the implant firmly in place. Apparently this is quite uncommon and my left breast continued to hold a perky appearance. If both breasts looked like my left one I could have easily never had to ware a bra. Unfortunately the right breast stretched more and more every day... By the end it was so low my implant was sitting so far on my ribs I felt like I'd had 3 children I could feel the skin from my breast sitting on top of the skin on my ribs and it was a feeling I could never get used to it would drive me mad! Now the right is back up where I want it to be my upper pole fullness is spot on and u could not be happier my surgeon is amazing !

2 week mark

Here are a few photos from the 2 week mark :) still very happy .. Scars are healing well I hope the left is coming together ok. I've also noticed one is sitting a litter higher then the other but nothing too noticeable still better then being saggy !

Scar 2 weeks

2 weeks post

2 weeks

2 weeks post op

2 weeks post op

1 month post op

Up side - scars are so much better then I expected they would be pre op they do not concern me at all

Down side - breasts have dropped considerably in 2 weeks NOT GOOD afraid in 12 months time ill be back to square one - or is it square two seeing I've had two procedures . I was so happy with the initial out come any slight change really annoys me . I hope they don't get any lower
Australia Plastic Surgeon

I have had two plastic surgery procedures (breast augmentation and revision due to unforeseen scaring and my bodies reaction to the weight of the implants that resulted in an unexpected stretching of my skin that neither I nor my doctor had or could have anticipated). I had my own expectations and initially some concerns regarding final outcomes. However my experience was positive and I am happy with the results. Dr Vlad listened and did not rush consultations and was able to provide realistic expectations and always provided support both pre and post procedures. I had researched Dr Vlad extensively, received second opinions and waited months before my first operation and had the most confidence in my doctors experience and capability to deliver the results I was wanting which he did. Immediate results were perfect post 1st op. Unfortunately as mentioned above my body did not "hold" the implant quite the way anyone expected and after 6 months the doctor and I agreed the result varied to what I had desired and what I had post operation, this was a very emotional time for me and the staff and Doctor were so understanding it was beyond amazing and my appreciation cannot be expressed with words. After a few consults it was decided a revision surgery would be preformed and I am now 1 week post op and results are perfect! Booth operations Dr Vlad new exactly what I wanted and delivered although it was unfortunate my body didn't react the way we had hoped I am confident my results will not vary again and so is my doctor now we have a better understanding of how my skin Holds. Plastic surgery is huge decision that should be taken seriously and the results can vary so much because we are all striving for perfection when there is no such thing. i think the important think for people to realise is no matter what you will always find a slight imperfection in your surgery or something you thought would look slightly different. The main thing is to find a doctor who you trust with out doubt and how will support you during your times of concern in most cases you could be assured your results are great in others less common like mine having a doctor like mine made all the difference. I would defiantly have to say I am sure I made a good decision to chose Dr Vlad to be my surgeon. the hospital and 5 star medi hotel he uses are also an added touch that make the whole thing so comfortable and worth it! Dr Vlad is amazing! I'd recommend him to anyone and everyone.

I'm hoping for the best girl-- that they aren't stretching out again :0 That would be horrible- I'll keep my fingers crossed for you though that you have a fabulous recovery with NO over-stretching again!!! Now you have me worried about my PS choosing a 655 CC implant for me and I barely have any breast tissue to begin with- I hope he knows what he's doing so that I don't have this problem :(
655 ccs is huge in anyone's standard I'd think :) what goes up must come down so the heavier they all the more likely they are so sagg but also the bigger u go the tighter your skin will be pulled and hopefully yours stay nice and tight mine skin seems to give under pressure and I can't keep that tight look .... Good look Hun I'm sure your surgeon knows what he's doing they all do they have all studied year and year to do There job it's out bodies as human beings that are unpredictable . I'm starting to come to terms with that slowly :(
Gosh sorry just noticed how my spelling is terrible here ! but I'm sure you'll get what I'm saying :)
Amazing results both in terms of look and scarring. You have to be thrilled. I hope my revision lift produces similar results. Congrats!
You are having a great recovery and your scars look amazing at such an early date!! So happy for you! Thanks for sharing.

Congratulations! Those are some of the most perfect 1 week post op scars I have ever seen. They won't even be visible in a few months. I'm so happy your revision went well and that you have the results you desired. Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf!