Oh my - TT with Lipo, on June 8th...

Well I am glad I found this site, I have been...

Well I am glad I found this site, I have been feeling a little blue since I got home from the surgery. so I am 39 mom of 2, 5'2" 123lbs, had what I called my pouch, removed on june 8th 2010. Something I have always thought of and wanted to do for myself. I searched online for a few years, looking at before and after pics, of course reading into all that I could find, and even the TT gone bad. (which scared the crap out of me!)

I met with one Doc, and the secretery was scary, she was trying to sell the Doc like a used car, saying all good about the doc I was in to see, and bad about other docs, so I stayed away from that one. I found my surgen, about 2 months ago, and met with him twice before the TT. A very soft spoken Doc, that made me feel comfortable, all explaination was to my satisfaction. He explained everyone body shape is different, and each person heals in different ways. But he did say there would be pain invovled. 1 week before surgery we met and he showed me again what would be removed, and pulled down and the belly button placement, also the explaning the tighting of the stomache muscles, and the Lipo, a little on sides, and the top part of the skin being pulled down so that I wouldn't have a bump there. I was ready in my mind, ready as I would ever be. BUT..Monday the 7th of June rolled around (very fast) and I started to panic, I almost cancelled.

Next morning it was off to the Hospital my surgery was being done at 11:30 am. There 2 hours before for prep was the worst..omg the waiting. Doc came to see me in the waiting bed that they put you in, and he asked me How I was and if I was ready...marked me, and way I went.

OK holy Moly..I knew there would be pain, but I was really surprised on the pain I had, when I woke up. It wasn't half of what I thought it would be. (Maybe having a my uterus removed a few years before helped, cause of that pain) The pain was not as bad, I think it's because they don't remove an internal organ, with a TT. OK so day one, not bad, haha,,,

Day 2 BAD, that is when I had to get up to move around and pee. OUCH! Day 2 at night, no sleep, even with the pain killers doc gave me, no way to get up by myself...needed help getting up. Day 3 still not much sleep, and very dizzy, but wanted to be up, I was getting sore from lying down. Day 4, slept a little, and had a poop that hurt in the morning (think I have alittle hemeriod, I wonder if that is normal?) Day 5, walking around better, but my lower back cramps up alot, and of course I can't stand up straight. Slept a full 7 hours straight..wow last night...

Today is Day 6 and it's 8 am... I am walking better, when getting up this morning I felt a little pull in the stomache but nothing major. I am sitting infront of the computer and my back is not hurting, neither is my belly. But I feel a little Itchy, so I think that means I am healing. No pain meds yet today. I take mt shower every morning, like the Doc told me. Yesterday I actually looked down at my belly, and it is gone, I am swollen, but the pouch is gone. I still have drains in with the Jackson Pratt wound drain bags, and I find that they pull where they are comming out from above the pubic area. They come off on Wednesday..(YEAH) I am going to ask the Doc if there is anything I can put on the scars later on, for them to heal better. I am hopful that when this garter is off, my pants will fit better, when I had my pouch, I found that my pants would ride into my privates, cause of them being tight around my belly, but if I got bigger pants they would float everywhere else on me. And I hated wearinf my pants below my pouch, cause then it would sort of hang over. How long has it been for most of you to start wearing your regular jeans?

I am so glad I found this site, I was feeling alittle blue, for some strange reason I was feeling like I was the only one in the world going through this...crazy eh? I see my Doc on wednesday and I will keep all informed of what is happening. Thanks all, and any hints to help me heal better would be greatly appreciated.

Some Pics taken 6 days Post Op...right after...

Some Pics taken 6 days Post Op...right after drainage was taken out.. Worried about my Belly Button....seems deformed, do you think it will go back to normal, when swelling goes down? Geeez I hope so :(

I will put some new pics asap

I will put some new pics asap

DR Sirois

Soft Spoken, makes you feel at ease, full explanation, good bed side manner. Cuts seem to be even, Belly button placement excellent.

hello again, I have good advice for anyone who does not want to wait 4 weeks to fit in regular cloths - or hate the binder, cause i could not stand it for one more day. On day 15 post op, i started wearing my compression garment from my lipo which i did before my tt. It is WAY more comfortable than the binder and my jeans fit me - they are actually loose - i think it helps much more witht he swelling also. Hope everyone is healing well :-)
OHOH starting a little cold, was caughing last night, and that kind of hurts when you caugh.... I am tired today not much sleep, but 10 days since the big TT, and I am feeling wonderful. I am walking straighter then before.. I already feel like a million dollars, (even with the cold), was so worth it, and I would tell anyone wanting to do a TT for yourself, GO FOR IT!!

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing your story. I'm glad you were able to go through with it and that you're happier now. I think a little post-surgical blues are definitely normal. Lots of women seem to experience them.

I totally understand the feeling of it being someone else's stomach. It took me forever to get used to the way I looked post op, even though the results were amazing! It just didn't really feel like it belonged to me. I also had this weird fear that I would wake up one day and I'd have my old tummy back. lol! Strange huh? I am 2 months and 1 week post TT. I have some feeling in my stomach but not a whole lot. But I am more than willing to deal with it if it makes for a pretty tummy! :) My PS said it can take up to a year to get feeling back.
It is not strange at all, cause I am having the same feeling, expecially when I take off the garmet, I am get this feeling, like my old belly will just pop out.... I love my new look, actually I think I will look better then even before I had my kids..WHOOT!
I agree! My belly has never looked this good. I am so happy that you love your new tummy! Are you going to post before and after pics?
HI.. Hope you are doing well. I am wondering I tried to put pics into my profile but it seemss to let only one in... the one that is in my profile now is 6 days after TT.
OMG!!! 4 weeks before wearing jeans! I am 2 weeks post op and i have tried the last 2 days to fit in them - and i say to myself - maybe tomorrow - ughhh. Well i am glad i know what to expect now, good thing i went and bought 3 more pairs of stretch pants today. Good luck with the healing and keep us posted :-)
I haven't even tried on my jeans yet, but it is only 1 week 1 day for me, plus this garment that I am wearing, will probably be in the way anyways.. :( Doc wants me to wear this for 4 weeks, is that normal for all of you tummy tuckers too? But good news...this morning I seen Doc and he removed my drains,,YEAH,,, freedom...no more tubs in my way. He says healing is going well, and to keep up what I am doing. He actually showed me the pics he took the week before the TT.......ewwwwwwww made me feel like OMG was that my tummy????? YAK..all flabby and strech marks, and that pouch OMG. Especially after seeing the pics from the week before I am sooooo glad I had the TT. I am gonna be more confident for sure. Let me know how you are feeling, and of course how the healing is going. Cheers
CONGRATS!!! I couldnt wear any pants with an actual zipper (even my fat pants) until week 4, then slowly each week I got smaller and smaller. Today is week 8 and I am still numb in my stomach and it feels funny but no pain and I'm hitting the gym with ease! And my doctor told me to use Acquaphor. So i put that on my scar before I go to work every day (and at night) and just wear granny pannies over the scar.
Congrats on your TT as well. Acquaphor it is a prescription? OIL, silicone? Doc told me on week 3 I could start using a Oil of vit E, rubbing it 2 times a day would help, with the scare. I am so glad that everything went well for you and you are back at the gym. I can't wait to get there. Cheers
So happy for you! I just scheduled my TT today. My surgeon is two hrs away, do you think I will be up to riding home the same day or should I get a hotel room.
HOTEL ROOM!!! You wont want to be in a 2 hour car ride afterwards. I had a 20 minute ride from hospital to home and ever bump was aweful. GOOD LUCK!! TT is the best!
My PS was 2 hours away and I went home immediately after surgery. I slept the whole way home and didn't really have any pain. I didn't mind the car ride at all but everyone is different.
Congrats on your TT! I didn't start wearing jeans until around week 4. That's when my swelling started to subside and I finally felt comfortable wearing them. It is a strange sensation at first since my tummy was numb but you soon get used to it.
Congrats on yours also..!!! Jeans in 4 weeks..great.. I can just imagine how strange it must feel putting on jeans.. I find right now, I look at my tummy and it's not mine (lol) it's like numb when I touch it, and my pouch is gone, so it seems like I am looking and touching someone elses. Does that sound wierd? Your feeling starting to come back? How long has it been since you had it? Thank you for the info.. cheers