Numbness, Swelling and Crocked Smile - Canada

Im 29 and had Radiesse Injection done three days...

Im 29 and had Radiesse Injection done three days ago on my check bones and around the nasal frown lines. My smile is croocked on the left side because my checks feel a bit numb,swollen and irritated so I'm not able to move much. The injector injected 2 syringes which I think is a lot. I went to emergency room on yesterday b/c the injector said she never saw anything like this happen. The emergecy doctor said give it time until this monday to see if I notice a change. I'm scared and hope there isn't perminate damage. I look weird smiling....

To Sabrina40.....I feel your pain....I am going on 6 wks post injections from Radiesse. First, let me tell you that I too was devastated after getting the injections and seeing the initial results!! They did not tell me that I would swell up and look like a monster! This was my very first experience with injections and in hindsight .....should never have used Radiesse because you can't undo what has already been done! That being said....it took about 1 wk for all my swelling to finally go down. I have very sensitive skin and I bruised up pretty bad. I felt like my life was over as I once knew it.....it was horrible!!! You have to give this product time....you will swell and bruise much worse with it. But it does get better. I would give it at least 2 to 3 weeks before you make any decision to do anything. I'm afraid that if you decide to do something else too soon....you might regret it unless you start to see lumps and bumps starting to form....in that case....seek help. As soon as the gel carrier gets absorbed by your body which happens at about 2 to 3 months (they say)....you probably won't even notice you had anything done. You may even like the results at that point. My point is that IF you had a very experienced injector and IF they used the right amount and didn't over inject then you should have good results. IF, however, they aren't experienced with injecting Radiesse ......you may not be happy with the results....BUT, give it some more time before coming to that conclusion. This is a very tricky product and requires a VERY SKILLED INJECTOR to administer it for good results. I had to learn the hard way too.....I'm just thankful my injector knew what they were doing and the only thing I'm unhappy with at this point is the slight staining under my skin where it was injected....really hoping that will go away with time as well. Good luck and stay calm.....it will get better!
Ohhh DA50.... I forgot to ask you... What did you mean when you said you had " slight staining under you skin were it was injected"? ...oh and did you take Arnica montaña pills, before and after puting your Radiesse?
I had the Radiesse injected on the very top of my cheek bones (just under the eye area) to try and help with my tear trough area (under eye dark circles)....which is a very delicate area to treat. Many PS do not recommend or use Radiesse in this area because the skin is way too thin and is very sensitive. I believe my skin had an allergic response to the product which caused an inflammatory reaction leaving a reddish/brown (kind of a rusty color) down below my eyes (on top of my cheek bone area...where it was injected). It's not too noticeable when I cover it up with make up but if I don't then you can definitely see it. I'm hoping that when all the carrier gel is completely gone....it will go away too!! I pray anyway!!! Remember that everyone responds differently to these products so just because it happened to me doesn't mean it will happen to you (especially on the chin)....you just need to be informed of all the possibilities and then discuss with your doctor as to what would be best for you. And yes, I did take the Arnica pills and used the Arnica cream as well....this was just the way my skin reacted to Radiesse in that area....I would never recommend you ever have Radiesse injected for under eye issues.
Wow I really hope you Get better. Im pretty sure it Will go away. How much time has it passed? So when you say On top pf cheek bone área under the eye, you mean just below the eye (on the frontal plane of the face ór did he inject just below but at the side (you know...where the side part of the cheekbone begins...more laterally..). This is really imp info
It's only been 6 wks. And yes, on top of cheek bone under the eye....frontal plane of face.
Ohh ok. And did he also put right On the cheekbone (below the área we are talking about now jeje)? Did the stay ocurre there too?...Im asking bc mine was going to put it On the frontal plañe but On the cheekbone.
Hi, has it gotten better. I've wanted to have Radiesse On chin to look better and more mature. Im 27. And little On cheeks. But Im scared Because óf all the bad reviews? How did you have the courage to do it? Ive been postponing the visit to my PS.
Hi GerryMinho.....I had Radiesse injections 6 wks ago and can honestly tell you that if you have never had facial injections before.....DO NOT USE RADIESSE.....as there is nothing they can do if you do not like the results. My suggestion to you would be to use something that is reversible....meaning, they can inject you with something to dissolve the product if you don't like it! With Radiesse, you have to wait it out.....which can take, they say, anywhere between 9 months to 3 yrs depending on where it was injected. This is also a product that HAS TO BE INJECTED BY A VERY EXPERIENCED INJECTOR!!!! I wouldn't play around with this product.....in the wrong hands....it could leave you disfigured!!!! Not permanently....thank goodness!!! But for a very long time....until it gets absorbed by your body! Good luck!!! Just find the right doctor and you should be fine! Hope this helps you with your decision....
Thanks for writting!! Yes , my PS is really really skilled. And Ive never gotten any fillers jeje. But what Im scared of is of the scary reviews here. Imune problems and " Radiesse ruined my life" stuff like that . Its pretty scary. If I had it I world get it in the chin only . Is on the chin safe? there you wont get disfigured right? but then Im worried about the imune scary stuff and huge nodules on the neck for example I saw one review...scary stufff. On the chin what other filler can be used??
and with another filler if I get an allergy or imune reaction, it gets dissolved and the reacton goes away??
I hear you...after reading some of the posts on here I thought I had just made the biggest mistake of my life!!! All I did for the next 2 weeks was research this product and to be honest....everyone is different in how they respond to it. Like I said....my best advice would be to do as much research on Radiesse as possible and if you feel 100% confident with your PS....then tell them to use as little as possible for the first injection....you can always go back and get more......BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE OUT WHAT HAS ALREADY BEEN PUT IN. As long as you remember that.....you should be fine. If your PS is as good as you say then just talk to him and see if there is another filler he would recommend since you have never used fillers before....GOOD LUCK....sounds like your in good hands.
I really don't know....I'm assuming it would since they could dissolved it. Wish I could be more help....maybe others on here will respond with their experience when they see your question. Just RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH......like you're doing....and then make an informed decision based on what you've learned.....you'll be fine. :-))
Thanks! I'll continue researching jejej