Getting Rid of my Lion Wrinkle - Canada

(First of all, my first language is french please...

(First of all, my first language is french please forgive my mistakes)
I saw a Groupon promotion for a clinic next to where I work.
20 units of botox for 99$, very cheap.
I am only 28 years old but I want to prevent my wrinkles from appearing. I always do strange faces because I am very emotional and I know those lion wrinkles are coming slowly.
So I bought the deal and went to that place.
The doctor told me I needed 30 units for this and charged me an other $40 + taxes.
The injections took about 60 secondes, and the pain was nothing compared to typical fluid injections.
Came back home without any bruises and had a very small headhache.
There was no result at this time.
However, it is now been 6 days and I'm very satisfied ! It still look natural, but when i frown, it is less extreme even if I try to.
I thought I would post some pictures because I did search for more reviews of this type before I chose to do it.

Hi,
I will probably need new shots in 4 months, i'll update my post when I see the effects fade.
Botox only stops the muscles moves so I will come back exactly like before if I stop the treatment. If you are much older, the wrinkles might still be visibles even if the muscles don't move. If so, I recommend you Juvederm to fill the wrinkles after if they are still visibles.
If you decide to do it, have the botox injections then wait 7 days (The time it needs to work) before deciding if you need Juvederm or not. It depends of your skin and what you are looking for.
Hi Maggiem thought i could help with your questions. Once your personalized dosage is figured out (its different for everyone) treatment in the area your interested in should last approximately 3 months. After that the muscle activity will return to normal , it will not be worse. In fact if some of the dynamic lines are due to habitual movements, and you stop those movements for 3 months, you may find you have also stopped certain habitual facial movements. Some patients tell us they felt their botox lasted longer than 3 months and this would be the most likely explanation. But for most muscle movement will return.
Hi Tina,
I'm much older than you, but have the same problem area. Been thinking of botox for a while, but I'm wondering how often do you need to repeat the treatment/how long do the results last? Did they tell you if it would go back to the same issue if you don't keep up on treatments, or be worse than before the initial treatment? Hope you're still very happy with your results.

A little update : It's been 2 months now and I...

A little update :
It's been 2 months now and I can see the botox fading a little. I am an active person which could be the reason.
My face looks like the picture I took 3 days after the shots. It is still better than my original forehead.
I will wait until the effects are completly gone before considering getting more shots and keep my post updated.

Hey, it's been 2 months and you are right. The effects of botox are 50% less visible now... But It is still better than nothing. ;)

That is very interesting to hear, as I have definitely wondered about it. Yes, I am pretty active and workout regularly. Maybe this is the excuse I've been looking for so I can slack off at the gym and say I'm being frugal. ;)

At this point I've been treated three times for crows feet, twice for forehead and between my brows. We've played with the dosage a bit, and I think we almost have it dialed in. I'll probably go for my 4th treatment in the next few weeks, so we'll see if it starts to lasts longer.

I'll be very interested to hear continuing thoughts on this, so if you hear anything or see papers published please keep us posted!

I had new shots by a different doctor on December...

I had new shots by a different doctor on December 28th. (At Canadian Institute for Laser Sugery)
There's quite a difference.
He used less botox ( 20 units only) and the result is a lot stronger. My lion wrinkles completely dissapeared.
I'm even more satisfied now.

This time, I did not have a headache.

The 2 shots by a different Dr. were they expensive? Where I have my hair done she wanted $300.00 for each eye, she isn't even a Dr.??????????????? Is that possible that she can do Botox???
botox usually treat headaches.. I only have headache the night of injection...
I had a headache also for 2 days, after my botox..