I Feel I Have Lost the "Me" by Having Jaw Surgery and Look Worse - Canada

I had double jaw surgery and genioplasty 4 weeks...

I had double jaw surgery and genioplasty 4 weeks ago. I know i am still swollen, but I feel like I barely recognize myself and I wish I had more control in how things turned out. My chin seems to angle upwards now, my face seems very short and my nose is now more crooked. A few weeks ago I was starting to like the results, but now...I am not so sure. I do not feel pretty anymore. Instead I feel quite unattractive and no one has even commented on my new look - which leads me to believe that I look worse.

9 weeks post surgery

Well, it has been 9 weeks and I am feeling SO much better about my face. I know there's still a long recovery ahead, but I truly am feeling much more confident about what was done.
Thank you to everyone for your kind words...it's hard to put yourself out there!

Hope this link to my videos of my recovery works...

A few videos to show the transition

3 months later

Hi Everyone,
It has been three months (well, a lil more than that now) and I am truly settling into my face. I still have "off" days of being unsure, but mostly I am happy and I still have a long way to go before things are fully healed and ready to be judged. However, I have been getting a lot of compliments about looking younger and healthier since the surgery - so, hey, that's not so bad to hear :)
Now it is just waiting to get the braces off and working on the deviated septum next year and all will straight and looking awesome! Totally worth it at this point in the recovery :)
I'll add better photos soon! These are all selfies don't count, lol

5 months 19 days post-op

Things are coming along! Some clicking and discomfort on left side jaw joint arrived just today, but wondering if it is connected to some orthodontic work. Follow-up with surgeon on Oct 1st. Hoping everything is ok :) Chewing basically everything - donuts are kind of tricky for some reason, but I am eating salads and other crunchy foods, just nothing too intense :)

5 months

5 months

Some 3-5 months post op photos - I'll update with some 1 year ones soon

Just showing that one can have the operation AND get married a few months later. The swelling was still there but definitely not a concern
Ontario Health Insurance