Micro Laser Peel Causes Scarring and Hyperpigmentation - Canada

Six years ago I had a micro laser peel for minor...

Six years ago I had a micro laser peel for minor acne scarring. The doctor recommended peels but I only did one. It was very painful like a blowtorch in the face and it left a scar under my eye. When I went back for a follow up I pointed this out to him in which of course......take a big guess.....what do you think he did? Deny,deny,deny! As they all do.

The following year I developed major hyperpigmentation but of course I did not go back. I went to another facility and guess what he offered....well another laser. I told him I did not want to go that route and he said oh no it is safe. I ended up doing a few treatments of the Affirm and now my skin is wrecked. It took a few years but now I am paying for it. I am only 36 and my oil glands are not working and the skin appears dead and wrinkly on my face. Where the goggles were on is starting to sink and my face hurts like I have a wild fire spreading.

These doctors do not give a crap about us as long as we are paying for their beach houses and fancy cars. What is worse are the companies that are developing these devices. My skin is so thin and I am scared to go outdoors even with protection on. I need a full faced helmut.

What am I to do? I cannot imagine how much worse it will get......I have tons of broken blood vessels throughout my face and of course they suggest IPL or Vbeam......screw off I say! That will be the end of my already non existant skin! Women need to go to the media about the damage they have received with these weapons of mass destruction! Don't be a sucker when the doc says he can help!

British Columbia Facial Plastic Surgeon

I would not recommend my doctor since he denied the laser left me an additional scar. Plus he never told me I could develop hyperpigmentation.....which I did!

I am sorry for ur face I have scars and I suffer from them thank u for ur wisdom godbless
Sorry to hear this. Reviews like yours make me think twice before doing this. I'm always afraid that I'll have a moment of insanity in the future where I think I'll be one of the lucky ones and go ahead and do it. But my skin is sensitive anyway. I hope you'll get justice in the future. If all the people who were injured got media attention as a group, it might shame those and expose the practitioners who are doing this. As long as people stay quiet, they'll continue to get away with it. Having said that, if it was me, it would take alot of courage to be open as there would possibly be some kind of backlash. That's to be expected where people will pass the buck. But something has got to happen. This can't go on.
Unfotunately, I've had IPL, Affirm, and Thermage. I did research them beforehand, but did not find anything negative for some reason. Well... I'm paying the price now! These lasers have caused scarring, deep lines and grooves in my face, discoloration, 'bumpy' skin, etc, etc. I'm 45 but I look closer to 60. These hot lasers burn your skin worse than laying out in the sun and you will eventually look that way. My advice to anyone considering these laser procedures.. is DON'T DO IT! Stick to natural lotions, lots of water, healthy diet and exercise, a happy/positive mental and emotionial disposition. You'll be better for it.
Ive had IPL and ultherapy, and it did wonders for my face. Clealry, the results one receives will depend to a Large extent on the experience and qualifications of the doctor. Always go to a plastic surgeon instead of a beauty salon, especially in the USA, where it seems you guys have much more lax accreditation requirements from your beauty salon providers.