Be Careful of Side Effects! - Canada

I used a product called Careprost. Its got the...

I used a product called Careprost. Its got the same active ingredient as Latisse, which is bimatoprost. I used it for about 3 weeks or so. I didnt notice too much redness on the skin around my eyes, I had some itchyness which I can tolerate..but a few days ago I did notice a teeny brown little dot in the iris part of my amazing coloured light green eyes. That was it for me. I stopped using it, immediately. I did notice a small improvement in the length in that short time, and I am sure I would have LOVED the difference after a few months, like they recommend but the iris change was enough for me. Its permanent, and I didnt want to risk more of my iris changing. I recalled only once getting a tiny amount into my eye, from applying too much. That scared me, if it did that from once, imagine if I used it for a long length of time? For myself, having long lush eyelashes is great, but at what cost? My lovely green eyes, which are distinct and nice? To get blotchy green and brown eyes? No, thanks. So, I would say, if you have brown eyes, great.. go for it. If you have hazel, blue or green eyes stay away from it. Dont risk it. Its NOT worth it. Well thats my two cents..lol

Welcome to the RealSelf Latisse community and thanks for sharing your story. My eyes are brown but I agree, if I had blue or green eyes I probably wouldn't use Latisse because of the risk of changing my eye colour. It would scare me too much.

Out of curiosity, did you notice any change in your lashes during the three weeks you used Latisse?

I still have that brown dot in my all green iris....

I still have that brown dot in my all green iris. I think about it constantly and wonder if it will go away, sadly I have read it will not.

Well thats the price of vanity. No, its not worth it.

What I experienced with Careprost was scary! I applied it exactly as I applied Latisse, same thickness of brush, same time of the day, after my shower, with no makeup on my lids etc…With Careprost my nose incessantly ran, my eyes fells as if thumbs were pressing on them, it also felt as though someone shot water into them and irritated but then changed to feeling like I had gotten sunscreen in my eyes and BURNED. I'm not fond of the high price for Latisse and I am aware of how medications are marketed, HOWEVER, Careprost hurt my eyes and from the reactions I had to it, NO ONE should use it. Also, if you experience that with Latisse, quit using it as well. I only have a preference for a SAFE medication and am warning others of MY experience with Careprost. I still have the vial and others are welcome to try it if they don't believe me. I use clean technique so the vial is not contaminated - I don't even allow the cap to come in contact with the tip, I immediately place the cap on it and keep it at the suggested room temperature and away from light. Careprost needs to be evaluated and would suggest that you take it to a lab and have it checked in COMPARISON to Latisse.
And of course I'm not serious that someone use my OPEN vial but trying to make a statement that I know that the Careprost I used hurt me badly. I know I read about others claiming it works on them and can't speak for them. Nor is this an endorsement for Latisse, as I wrote above, if Latisse hurt my eyes like Careprost does, I would not use either of them.
If anyone wants to have Careprost checked out for composition or bacterial contamination, you can take it to your local Agricultural Extension Office. They will test things like this for free!

doctors havent tried it, and if so, Im sure not many.