Finally a Normal Face - Canada

I had Bio-alcamid injections in my cheeks to fix...

I had Bio-alcamid injections in my cheeks to fix the facial atrophy that was caused from Lipodystrophy. It totally changed my life for the better. How nice to look normal instead of having the sunken cheeks and skeletal looks. I am very happy with the results. I only wish they would approve it in the U.S. I went to Canada to get the injections. To know that it is permanent and is not going to go away or get reabsorbed is a plus too!

All I will say is he was a leading researcher in Bio-Alcamid and is located in Toronto, Canada. Great human being!

Hi, after reading thru all experiences, I am very concerned and scared. I had Bio-alcamid injected in the naso-labial area about 3 months ago. So far so good, I am happy with the results but are terrified with what can happen years from now. Is there anyone out there that has have a good experience after many years with Bio-alcamid?

I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling scared. I am glad you are not experiencing any difficulties from it right now, and are being proactive about researching your options in case anything should happen in the future.

Here is a Q&A that might be helpful info for you. It sounds like it can be surgically removed if necessary.

Can Bio-Alcamid Be Removed?

I had quite a bit of BioAlcamid injected into my cheeks, temples and along my jaw line back in 2006. I have had no complications and the filler has stayed in place. I think the key at least for me, is that if someone is going to have this filler injected, that they absolutely research the physician or dermatologist who will be doing the work. In the wrong unskilled hands this filler may cause some serious issues.
Many studies done as early as the 90's are showing that over time, no matter how satisfied people are for the moment, will develop problems. More recently studies indicate that migration is going to happen. It is not a safe product, from the research that I have done (extensive) and have a look yourself about the journals from Europe. In The Netherlands, this product/device has been permanently banned. Health Canada has rescinded the approval of the device, so it is no longer available for use. Many countries are following suit. I would be alarmed if someone were to choose to use it today.

Hi Louisville,

Welcome to the community and thanks for the review. Sounds like you had a very positive experience, that is great to hear. Do you have pictures? Please keep us updated.

Thanks,