Smartlipo Upper Arms - Campbell, CA

I am 28 years old 4'11 and weigh an average of 102...

I am 28 years old 4'11 and weigh an average of 102. I am petite but have never been happy with my arms as they have never matched the rest of my body! I always felt like they were bulky and made me look buff! ( a look I do not want )

I decided to go through with the smartlipo. The procedure for me was extremely uncomfortable. My feet were tense the entire time and had lots of anxiety. I must admit broke into tears more then once because of how uncomfortable it all felt and just all in all being scared. The doctor was wonderful and so were my nurses that actually held my hand while I squeezed the entire time :(

They did remove almost 800cc from my arms so that's a good amount for my size! I am really excited for them to be healed!

Once it was finally over my meds were in full force and my boyfriend took care of me from there. I had some drainage that night while changing my dressings but not to much as I drained allot at the doctors office before leaving! By morning my incisions were already closed. Sore..... yes. In pain...yes. My garment they gave me was far to big so I purchased a running shirt so it would be more fitted. I cut the neck out to a more flattering scoop rather then the ski looking mock neck so I didn't feel so stupid in public! When I went in for my post op check up they told me the running shirt alone still was not tight enough. Because of my size I had a hard time finding something mall enough so I ended up sewing the arms smaller so it would fit tighter and now wear ace bandages around my arms then the running shirt over.....it works perfect and best of all it is not so uncomfortable!

The first two days I was very tired and just laid around my house. Third day post op till now which is day 8 I am more active but still not 100% I hate changing because every time clothing runs over my arms it hurts. I am having a hard time sleeping because no matter what position i'm in pressure is on my arms which is uncomfortable. I feel as if I baby them and want to keep them close. I still have a hard time reaching all the way up so doing my hair is a choir and applying deodorant hurts. I have not taken any meds other then a few over the counter, but I have had to take a sleeping pill at night as this is when i'm most uncomfortable.

I am still swollen and feel random stings throughout my arms and elbows. I know in time this will go away but for right now I just want the soreness to go away! I am thankful I have not really bruised. I had one small bruise on my elbow and a hint of yellowing but that's it! I have been religiously taking ARNICA to help with swelling and bruising...I believe it has helped me.

I will update on day 10....hopefully I will have some better progress.

I will also update with a photo

It is now 12 days post smartlipo. My pain has...

It is now 12 days post smartlipo. My pain has remained pretty much the same
:( I actually finally broke down and had the office call in pain meds to help me. It has been really hurting me to stretch my arms out and they feel so tight. I also am now noticing knots under my skin. It is so painful to rub them but I am trying to to help with the bumps. I have been so very uncomfortable.
I find myself whimpering most of the day, and god forbid they get touched! I am surprised I am still feeling like this ( I was hoping it would be better 12 days out )

I am not in the mood to take any update photos right now as that will require me to remove my shirt which is just to painful right now.
Looking forward to a better tomorrow.

I am now 14 days post op. My arms are still in...

I am now 14 days post op. My arms are still in pain and im a bit depressed now as I went shopping with my daughter and for the first time saw my arms from the back in the mirror! It looks like my arms have cellulite :( They dont feel any better and they look worse then anyother day. bummed

Lumpy and bumpy and not so happy. I know I keep...

lumpy and bumpy and not so happy. I know I keep complaining so sorry in advance but I really want to heal.

I have decided after hours and hours of on-line reading I am going to try my best to speed up this process!
Starting tomorrow I will be juicing, I am hoping this will help my body with all the nutrients, and clean out my system.
I will also be massaging as much as possible to relieve the bumps. I was swimming three days a week before the smartlipo, and now that I am more then two weeks post op I can start back again. Maybe the circulation will be helpful also! We will see

I am now almost 3 weeks post smartlipo. I have...

I am now almost 3 weeks post smartlipo. I have felt better this week. I no longer need sleeping meds and go pretty much most the day with minimal discomfort. It still hurts to reach high and it still is very sensitive to touch but it does not hurt unless im doing these things.

I measured my arms just now and have lost an inch so far...so far so good. I can tell I am still swollen so im confident this will get a bit better. My fiance told me today he can really tell, so that made me happy.

I dont really feel any bumps anymore but my arms have an over all harder feeling...like there tense.

I will post update photos at 4 weeks!

How was you skin Near your armpit? I had my arms done 1 week ago the skin near my armpit look Horrible, please help!!
Would love an update! Also, would you say you were satisfied with your doctor and the facility you were treated in? (Staff, comforts, etc.) Did you feel you had enough time with the doctor before making your decision, during the procedure and after (follow up visits)?
I think your arms look great, I have the same problem as you only I'm a little older used to lift weights, didn't like the bulkiness and now I have some sag. ugg! Been wanting to do this for years. Could you please e-mail me the the name of your physician at tinydancer_630@yahoo.com so I could get a consult. Thanks so much
Buffnomore, I have a question for you. I thought you said you had 800CC's removed, is that including the saline solution? I recently had mine done and I'm quite bigger than you are (although that doesn't always matter with lipo) and he only removed 250CC in each arm (not including saline) and said that was a HUGE amount from the arms? Please clarify for me if you will. Thanks!
I am 61 years old, weigh 124 and have loose skin on my arms as a result of age and weight lose when I was younger. I was assured by my doctor I was a good candidate, but things he said during and after surgery have me believing that he was not being honest. It's been three months and my arms are flabbier than before, and I have fatty lumps near my elbows that were not there before. Smartlipo triplex may be effective for younger people in different areas of their body, but I believe this procedure has done me harm by making my situation worse. The discomfort was nothing compared to my disappointment over this waste of time and money.
oh catperson I am so sorry to hear this. How long ago was your smartlipo? I am mainly concerned with the fact that I did this for me, but also I am getting married in 35 days. My doctor promised me I would be in beautiful shape for my wedding! I asked so many many times to make sure they knew when I was getting married, and they said " yes oh yes you will be fine! " Well my dress is strapless and my wedding is in Hawaii...we will see what happens. I am doing all I can to help my healing process, and will remain hopefull!!!
I did lipo April 2012 on abs, arms, inner thighs..abs are great but my arms are dimpled, i have a fatty lump at my elbow and my thighs are not smaller...satisfied with abs only...i completed all massage sessions!!!! @buffnomore girll if i had ur arms before surgery i would be so happy..but u only did one part of ur body so ur BF can do your massages and after u use 3 -5 lb weights while watching tele etc.
What are the weights for...to help tone, or just to get me moving around? April of 2012!!!!1 Have you gone back to your doctor about the issues?
The weights are used even if u are feeling lazy to do vigorous exercise. u can sit and be lazy and still use ur weights..u r only exercising ur hands..and u do the best exercise..swimming..lots of hand movement..but don't try too hard its early and they advise up 3 months before vigorous exercise.as Lovin13Me said "ur b4 is my after" girl ur b4 size is what i wish for...lol. but read the reviews here and especially what the Drs say and google arm straps i got one dont remember where i bought it but make sure it goes from shoulder to below elbow..i think that was one of the issue why i have the bump at my elbow the garment i got when i did the surgery did not go below the elbow it stopped above the elbow which cause the blood and fat i think to gather there. so get a tight elbow sleeve from the net.CONGRATS ON UR WEDDING!!!!
Hi there. I am 3 weeks post op for arms, underarm, and back. I am 30, 5'2 and about 115, so similar size. I went to see my dr today for the same issue. As my swelling us going down i am noticing this cellulitiness. I stopped wearing my garment today because i think it could be causing some of the irregularities. And honestly, it seems better already. Anyways, he said everything looked normal and the way the underside of my arms look is part of the healing process. So I am hopeful. Have you gotten a lymphatic massage yet? I got my first last Saturday and am starting a series once every week or two. At home I am massaging everyday with my hands and also an electric massager. It seems like a lot of people have this bumpiness as part of the healing process.
Oh dlrbayarea, thank you for your message! It makes me feel more hopeful to hear another story like me. I have not had a lymphatic massage...is this painful? I am having a hard time rubbing my own arms because of how tender they are. Are you still uncomfortable with the pain?
Hi Buffnomore, Glad that my message helped a bit. No need to be alarmist at 2-3 weeks out for sure. My PS said that my body would be healing for even up to a year. What we did was very traumatizing, so your body needs to regenerate and heal. Makes sense. I mean, obviously he can't say for sure, and as you have probably seen on the forums, a lot of people have had problems with healing. Plus, even though my PS was great, I don't totally trust any PS 100%. At the same time, I knew the risks of this procedure, and if my results aren't perfect or if I have any latent bumps or scaring, that was the chance I took. But, I am definitely reserving my being upset until more months go by. Are you wearing a compression garment or wraps still? I removed mine yesterday as I think they were contributing to my unevenness--and I feel no different swelling or pain-wise. As for the pain. Yes, I am still uncomfortable and in pain, which is totally normal. In fact, I had a breakdown at my 2 week point and called the office complaining about it. Every day since it has actually gotten better and better. I am sorest in the evening and feel OK after I get up and take a hot shower. Seriously, hot showers seem to really help. I also get more sore at the end of my work day since I am on the computer all of the time. My job is super hectic, as I work at a start-up, and is sometimes a 12-14 hour day including my commute. So my pain is affected by how rigorous my day ends up being. Also, if it is hot, I swell. I'm not a doctor, but what you are experiencing I think is normal, as long as you aren't in deep pain all of the time. Mine certainly waxes and wanes. I stopped taking my pain pills and sleeping pills about 5 nights ago. I was worried about being dependent on the sleeping pills. Sleeping hasn't been easy not taking them, but I am taking some melatonin which seems to help. Hence, why I am up writing you back at 5:30am or whatever. As for the lymphatic massage, this is a must I hear. I had my first appointment last weekend at my 2.5 week mark and it was awesome. I mean, it hurt, but a good hurt. She massaged me for about 1.5 hours. I was in a bit of pain afterwards but it subsided throughout the day and I think helped loads afterwards. Are you willing to travel to SF? I think you are Campbell. The woman's name is Michelle and her practice is EOS Massage. She has weekend and weekday times. She is pricey though, but she does all of my doctors patients and other SF plastic surgeons patients. She is kind of "bay area woo woo", if you know what I mean and has this life coaching thing going, but her hands are amazing. I am actually going to someone else in Oakland for my consistent massages that I have used before for other non-plastic surgeries and is a miracle worker, but that is a bit far for you. I am planning on doing them about 1-2 weeks apart. As for massaging at home, also a must. You gotta just get past the pain and get in there! I actually find that it hurts more when someone brushes up lightly against me than when I actually get in there and start rubbing. Maybe take some pain pills at first if you are having trouble. Or some Ibuprofen. Try to massage the lumpy areas at least once a day. I try to do it for about 30 minutes or more. I also bought a handheld electric massager which helps if you are having trouble touching the bumps--like if they freak you out. Anyways, sorry for the long review, but I hope it helps a bit. I thjnk our cases are the same since we are similar age and size. Obviously our PS was different, but I think if we are experiencing the same thing we are probably OK ;).
@dirbayarea i dont think stop wearing ur garment too early is a good idea..when i did mine there was lady who complained of tightness n did just that..she told me recently that she is planning to do the surgery again cause the fats are lumped at one place. the garment is to keep ur skin and whatever fat is there together...why do we put pressure on our hand if it gets cut...to stop he bleeding or why do we wear girdle(that was the example the Dr used)so i think wearing the garment for 3-4 months is the best think..my waist was 38 and is now 32.Even after my garment got big i bought a smaller one. So if you want good results u have to keep the garment on
The pain will go away and even after 2 months you will still see discoloration..even last night after using the weights and doing zumba i felt slight discomfort on my arms..my lymphatic massage came with my surgery (i did not pay separate) but since its only ur arms u got done u can do it urself ..u could get an electric massager if you do not wish to pay for massage but use arnica oil while doing the massage..(sold in most pharmacy). If ur massage was paid for in ur surgery ur Dr would have called u in
I just got my arms done 3 weeks ago and am starting to see some lumps underneath. Are you seeing the same thing? You said you noticed "knots" and "pulls".
Hi dlrbayarea! yes I had noticed two bumps or knots. One in each arm. I just did another check and one of them has gone away...im guessing because I have been trying to rub it out and my nurse advised me to dring much much more water to flush!!! The pulling in my right arm it quite tight, but massaging seems to be helping with this also. As a pain level update...it remains the same. I look forward to the evening when I can take my pain meds to help as I cant really take them in the day!
I cannot find a doctor under that name. What is the name of the practice?
I went to http://skinandweight.com the Cambell office has a few doctors in it
Thank you! Well, I went to see a doc in Mtn View this week and I think I am chickening out. Mostly because he suggested an abdomnioplasty due to loose skin (he said there wasn't a lot of fat) but I've given birth twice and perhaps that has contributed to the loose skin? I wasn't thinking I would need major surgery. I don't have a huge belly and I can hide it under almost everything I wear...except a bathing suit. And since I don't wear a bathing suit often, I think I am ok with the way I am, at least for now. Still considering it but not as much as before the appointment.
Hi buffnomore. I have the same concern as you do. Been researching the smart lipo but have had conflicting reviews with the campbell office. Overall, how many inches did you loose from your arms and are they even?
Thank you for the response buffnomore! :) I will look into that doctor as well. I agree with Lovin13Me, I think your 'before' arms rock! But can't wait to see the new you!
you guys are very sweet but to me I just hated them!!! Im updating a quick photo now 12 days post op.
ok I just added a few pics 12 days post smartlipo!!! As you can see my elbow is swollen and there is some tension showing through on my left arm but so far I can reall see a difference now that I can look at the pics :) As soon as this pain goes away I know I will be one happy camper!
Thanks for updated photos!
Thanks for updated photos!