Smartlipo Upper Arms - Campbell, CA

I am 28 years old 4'11 and weigh an average of 102...

I am 28 years old 4'11 and weigh an average of 102. I am petite but have never been happy with my arms as they have never matched the rest of my body! I always felt like they were bulky and made me look buff! ( a look I do not want )

I decided to go through with the smartlipo. The procedure for me was extremely uncomfortable. My feet were tense the entire time and had lots of anxiety. I must admit broke into tears more then once because of how uncomfortable it all felt and just all in all being scared. The doctor was wonderful and so were my nurses that actually held my hand while I squeezed the entire time :(

They did remove almost 800cc from my arms so that's a good amount for my size! I am really excited for them to be healed!

Once it was finally over my meds were in full force and my boyfriend took care of me from there. I had some drainage that night while changing my dressings but not to much as I drained allot at the doctors office before leaving! By morning my incisions were already closed. Sore..... yes. In pain...yes. My garment they gave me was far to big so I purchased a running shirt so it would be more fitted. I cut the neck out to a more flattering scoop rather then the ski looking mock neck so I didn't feel so stupid in public! When I went in for my post op check up they told me the running shirt alone still was not tight enough. Because of my size I had a hard time finding something mall enough so I ended up sewing the arms smaller so it would fit tighter and now wear ace bandages around my arms then the running shirt over.....it works perfect and best of all it is not so uncomfortable!

The first two days I was very tired and just laid around my house. Third day post op till now which is day 8 I am more active but still not 100% I hate changing because every time clothing runs over my arms it hurts. I am having a hard time sleeping because no matter what position i'm in pressure is on my arms which is uncomfortable. I feel as if I baby them and want to keep them close. I still have a hard time reaching all the way up so doing my hair is a choir and applying deodorant hurts. I have not taken any meds other then a few over the counter, but I have had to take a sleeping pill at night as this is when i'm most uncomfortable.

I am still swollen and feel random stings throughout my arms and elbows. I know in time this will go away but for right now I just want the soreness to go away! I am thankful I have not really bruised. I had one small bruise on my elbow and a hint of yellowing but that's it! I have been religiously taking ARNICA to help with swelling and bruising...I believe it has helped me.

I will update on day 10....hopefully I will have some better progress.

I will also update with a photo

It is now 12 days post smartlipo. My pain has...

It is now 12 days post smartlipo. My pain has remained pretty much the same
:( I actually finally broke down and had the office call in pain meds to help me. It has been really hurting me to stretch my arms out and they feel so tight. I also am now noticing knots under my skin. It is so painful to rub them but I am trying to to help with the bumps. I have been so very uncomfortable.
I find myself whimpering most of the day, and god forbid they get touched! I am surprised I am still feeling like this ( I was hoping it would be better 12 days out )

I am not in the mood to take any update photos right now as that will require me to remove my shirt which is just to painful right now.
Looking forward to a better tomorrow.
I just got my arms done 3 weeks ago and am starting to see some lumps underneath. Are you seeing the same thing? You said you noticed "knots" and "pulls".
Hi dlrbayarea! yes I had noticed two bumps or knots. One in each arm. I just did another check and one of them has gone away...im guessing because I have been trying to rub it out and my nurse advised me to dring much much more water to flush!!! The pulling in my right arm it quite tight, but massaging seems to be helping with this also. As a pain level update...it remains the same. I look forward to the evening when I can take my pain meds to help as I cant really take them in the day!
I cannot find a doctor under that name. What is the name of the practice?

I am now 14 days post op. My arms are still in...

I am now 14 days post op. My arms are still in pain and im a bit depressed now as I went shopping with my daughter and for the first time saw my arms from the back in the mirror! It looks like my arms have cellulite :( They dont feel any better and they look worse then anyother day. bummed
I am 61 years old, weigh 124 and have loose skin on my arms as a result of age and weight lose when I was younger. I was assured by my doctor I was a good candidate, but things he said during and after surgery have me believing that he was not being honest. It's been three months and my arms are flabbier than before, and I have fatty lumps near my elbows that were not there before. Smartlipo triplex may be effective for younger people in different areas of their body, but I believe this procedure has done me harm by making my situation worse. The discomfort was nothing compared to my disappointment over this waste of time and money.
oh catperson I am so sorry to hear this. How long ago was your smartlipo? I am mainly concerned with the fact that I did this for me, but also I am getting married in 35 days. My doctor promised me I would be in beautiful shape for my wedding! I asked so many many times to make sure they knew when I was getting married, and they said " yes oh yes you will be fine! " Well my dress is strapless and my wedding is in Hawaii...we will see what happens. I am doing all I can to help my healing process, and will remain hopefull!!!
I did lipo April 2012 on abs, arms, inner thighs..abs are great but my arms are dimpled, i have a fatty lump at my elbow and my thighs are not smaller...satisfied with abs only...i completed all massage sessions!!!! @buffnomore girll if i had ur arms before surgery i would be so happy..but u only did one part of ur body so ur BF can do your massages and after u use 3 -5 lb weights while watching tele etc.

Lumpy and bumpy and not so happy. I know I keep...

lumpy and bumpy and not so happy. I know I keep complaining so sorry in advance but I really want to heal.

I have decided after hours and hours of on-line reading I am going to try my best to speed up this process!
Starting tomorrow I will be juicing, I am hoping this will help my body with all the nutrients, and clean out my system.
I will also be massaging as much as possible to relieve the bumps. I was swimming three days a week before the smartlipo, and now that I am more then two weeks post op I can start back again. Maybe the circulation will be helpful also! We will see
Buffnomore, I have a question for you. I thought you said you had 800CC's removed, is that including the saline solution? I recently had mine done and I'm quite bigger than you are (although that doesn't always matter with lipo) and he only removed 250CC in each arm (not including saline) and said that was a HUGE amount from the arms? Please clarify for me if you will. Thanks!

I am now almost 3 weeks post smartlipo. I have...

I am now almost 3 weeks post smartlipo. I have felt better this week. I no longer need sleeping meds and go pretty much most the day with minimal discomfort. It still hurts to reach high and it still is very sensitive to touch but it does not hurt unless im doing these things.

I measured my arms just now and have lost an inch so far...so far so good. I can tell I am still swollen so im confident this will get a bit better. My fiance told me today he can really tell, so that made me happy.

I dont really feel any bumps anymore but my arms have an over all harder feeling...like there tense.

I will post update photos at 4 weeks!
Sometimes the doctor just needs to say no. Your arms were beautiful. I wish I could have talked to you before surgery... on the other hand, once we've made up our minds we aren't easily swayed are we? I hope you are happily married now and had a beautiful wedding. Why are women so hard on themselves? Yes, me included :)
How was you skin Near your armpit? I had my arms done 1 week ago the skin near my armpit look Horrible, please help!!
Would love an update! Also, would you say you were satisfied with your doctor and the facility you were treated in? (Staff, comforts, etc.) Did you feel you had enough time with the doctor before making your decision, during the procedure and after (follow up visits)?