Scared! - California

I'm a 40 year old mother of 2! I have a 4 year...

I'm a 40 year old mother of 2! I have a 4 year old and a 18 month old and I'm scheduled or a TT and a Breast Reduction on the 24th! 9 days away and I'm really considering not going through with the TT part! I'm getting very scared of everything! Will I live? Can u really go under anesthesia for 6 hours? Will it even be worth it? How long until I can pick up my baby? when does the huge scare look better? I have heard people have trouble breathing after? Jeez... I'm panicking!! Any advice?

I stumbled on this :)

I did my tummy tuck first march 21st:) I'm waiting on the reduction but hopefully in the next 10 years:) I'm a 36G
They are heavy but have kindof been a part of me , maybe the next 5 years:) then lol

Best of luck with the healing:) the breast reduction actually oddly enough scares me more then my tummy tuck :) sooo glad that silly jelly Is gone:) but now the girls look even bigger, well I mean I can't hide them as well =D
Hi there! You look amazing!!! It was great to read your story because as u know I put off the TT. I still have a 1 year old that wouldn't understand why I couldn't hold him and I was scared of hoe long recovery would take. I love this site and hearing stories like yours cause it makes me less nervous.

Soooo.... Now about the boobies! :). It was hard for me to do them too because they were so apart of who I am. I actually enjoy them big... But not AS big and floppy as they had become (gotta love what kids do to your body)! They were a big double or triple D which still (like yours) looked great in clothes. My PS was great... She knew I didn't want to totally change but needed help!! They are now a perky (I kid u not) full C... Maybe small D. I haven't worn a bra since!!! My shoulders don't hurt! I can't wait to play tennis!! Lol! Best decision ever!
Wow!!! Thanks yes I was scared of them getting too small but they are a lot of trouble them naughty girls. Tried learning golf HA!!!! Not so much with these things in the way:) jogging double or sometimes triple sports to hold them down! thank you a full C sounds perfect and no bra?!!!!!! OMG I'm excited now:). Thanks!!
Oh and the indents in shoulders :( I'll have to start reading the reduction forum to prep I'm excited maybe next year:)
Keep me posted ... maybe I'll do your surgery next year! :)
Thanks so much!!

Relax and don't over think this.

You are doing this in order to feel and look better and  you deserve it!  You do need to be mentally prepared for both procedures so make sure you are in the right frame of mind.  If you are feeling that strongly about wanting to do them separately please take a step back and write down all the pros and cons.

These procedures are done every day with success.  If you have a good doctor, have done your research, and are mentally ready you will be fine.

Just breath...

I had both procedures done myself but at separate times.   It was not until after my big weight loss that I needed the tummy tuck.
Thanks for responding! I'm usually a very calm person but this has me freaked out! :) I feel very confident in my decision to get the reduction! I have wanted a breast reduction for the last 20 years, but I have only been thinking about a TT for the last 4 months. I only work out once a week and not sure I've put enough effort into trying to do this on my own first. My PS said that I had minor diastis (sp?) and is going to look further into it on Friday. It's good to know that you had them done separately, do you regret it?
BTW... I just looked at your pictures and WOW... you look fantastic!!! :)

It is very natural to freak out over these procedures.  It's surgery and takes time to recover.   I had wanted the breast reduction for many years and regret that I waited so long.   I love my results and feel wonderful.  I had said for months after the surgery that it was the best thing I ever did for myself.

Well then came the tummy...that is actually my most favorite thing yet.  Words can't even describe how happy I am with my new body.  Most days I still can;t believe it is me I see in the mirror.  It gives you a total confidence boost about your body.

No regrets at all.  I would do both all over again for these results.

Thank you so much!!   I will be looking at your pictures soon and telling you the same thing :)

Hugs!
Hi! So I decided to just go with the breast reduction first. I had it done on Thursday and they are beautiful!! :). I've also experienced very little pain! I love the size they are right now... Do u know how much of this is swelling? Will I remain this size or do u think I'll get smaller?

Hello - Nice!!   You are going to really feel so much better.  When the swelling goes down they may get a little smaller but not drastically.  If you maintain your current weight they should stay pretty close.  I lost a ton of weight after my reduction so that is why mine went down so drastically.  Not that I am complaining though...I love them!

What you will notice as they heal is that they settle and take on this really nice and natural tear drop shape.  They will get even prettier as you go.

Congratulations!
I have never had any PS done before, but some of my sisters and my mom have. They all have boob jobs, and my mom has gone through facelift tummy tuck and boob job before. you're going to be just fine..how did you just now decided to just do the BA without Tummy tuck when your surgery is next thursday? didnt you already pay? did you discuss that with your PS? I would just get them done at the same time so you dont have to pay the anesthegiologist fee again and have to go through surgery again!
I don't pay until my pre-op which is Friday. I called my PS today (who is wonderful) and she said to relax and we would discuss everything (again..haha) and make final decisions on Friday. When is your surgery?
Yes i paid at my pre-op too. My surgery is on monday morning! yikes!! i have so much to do before! cleaning, getting my son ready to stay at home moms for the next few days, buying what i need to buy...eeek!
Monday! How exciting!!! I'm sure it will go great... I will be waiting to hear!
TAKE A DEEP BREATH!!! =) you're going to be FINE. think positive. i try not to think about the actual surgery but for the reasons WHY i am doing this for MYSELF and how GREAT i am going to FEEL afterwards. Ask your PS every question you have! make sure to write everything down, do lots of research. Make SURE you have someone to be the primary care giver of your kids for at least 2 weeks...i have my mom taking my son for a 2 days and 2 nights but they will come visit for dinner every night, and he will go to the sitters like normal and when my husband comes home my friend is also going to come over to help him out with the baby and the cleaning and cooking...
Thanks for responding!!! Have you ever had any PS done before? My surgery is next Thursday and I just told my husband today that I think Im just going to get my breasts done first and then go back next year for the TT. Freaking myself out too much.
Exactly what she said! I have the same anxieties but it gets better. My friend described it as something similar to having a baby. It's scary, but once you make the decision, there's no turning back so just be ready! :). This website is perfect for all of us to help each other out.
Oops. This is way old haha!