Mother of 2 - My Tummy Tuck Experience

I am the mother of two, a seven year old and a 3...

I am the mother of two, a seven year old and a 3 year old. I had my TT 5 days ago and I'm feeling great. The recovery has not been as painful as I imagined. I was up and walking outside the very next day which was encouraged by my PS. I definitely advise taking the pain medication every 4-6 hours as prescribed for pain management. I haven't needed any pain medication for the last 2 days. I got my drain removed yesterday and was able to see my stomach for the first time. I LOVE IT!!!! Soooooo worth it. It looks great already and I'm only 5 days post op with swelling. Anyone who is thinking about getting a TT, I say go for it!! Do your research, find a board certified PS that you feel comfortable with and do it. It's definitely worth the money and the minor pain.

Great posting Best of luck Dr. B MIAMI
Thanks for posting, that is the only thing I am concerned with, pain and not being mobile. I am looking forward to my surgery in August and will definately take lots of before and after pictures.
I had a tummy tuck and breast lift and went on a family beach vacation two weeks later. Obviously, I took it easy and didn't even think about wearing a bathing suit or being active. Since my extended family members were there, I didn't have to do much of anything. I think it depends on where you are going, what you are planning to do, how much help you will have, and whether or not you end up with unexpected complications that need medical attention. Good luck with your decision!
My vacation sounds similar to yours. Extended family, low key, maybe sitting by a pool (minus the bathing suit). I fully expect to be uncomfortable and maybe bordering on miserable but I am going into this with eyes wide open. So I booked the surgery - July 28th and will take the chance. I am in pretty good physical shape, I run, take vitamins, etc., so hopefully this will also help with recovery (fingers crossed).
Wonderful! I think you'll be glad you went ahead and did it instead of waiting. I was in great shape, too, and that no doubt makes for a much easier recovery. I was a little uncomfortable at times while on my vacation, but was so happy with my new tummy that it didn't matter. Plus, my family was very supportive and it made for a great "week 3" during my recovery period. Good luck with your TT and vacation!
I am a mom of 2 sets of twins (9 & 6) plus had a hysterectomy - stomach is a train wreck! I have wanted a TT for YEARS, plus also considering a breast lift. I met with a Dr I am very comfortable with, there is an opening for July 28th. If I do not take that day I will have to wait until the Fall and then chance it (my own crazy schedule). The problem is, we have a vacation planned for a little over 2 weeks after the surgery date. I know I will have to take it easy on vacation but is that enough time?
Just my opinion of course but having major surgery two weeks before vacation is not a good idea. There certainly can be complications and it will take you awhile to heal. Fall is not that far away-if you are willing the risk of having to cancel the vacation then I would say go for it-I don't think it would be a good idea though.

Great news! Thanks for sharing here at RealSelf. Would you mind sharing the name of your surgeon who did such a great job?

That's fantastic! I'm 2 days post surgery and went to the store today...I actually feel better when I'm moving, although the trip to the store was enough for today! Hoping to get the drains out tomorrow..I only had 1 bad episode last night when I was drinking some water and it went down the wrong way...ouch!!! the coughing spell was not fun, but other than that, not feeling too bad at all!
i'm glad you're doing well, i had the same experience as you. It sure is nice when you go in thinking it's going to hurt and you're going to b down for a few weeks and it's totally the oppositive. I was doing laundry and dishes on my 4th day...lol I hope your recovery continues to go this way, enjoy your new tummy, hope to c your pics : )