Baby Steps! 7 Weeks Post Op VTH - California
- updated 2 years ago
55 Years old and have been fat for as long as I...
- 20 Jul 2011
55 Years old and have been fat for as long as I can remember. Highest weight was 259. For the last 3 years I've maintained 175-180 and am 5'8". So yes..I could stand to lose more. The majority of my weight is hips down. I have no leg shape they are tree trunks. 10 years ago I went from ps to ps searching for someone willing to do something to them and I was told they could do nothing. 5 years ago I flew to Texas and a doctor did lipo. Was happy at first cuz he basically debulked them to some extent which left me with swag drapes for inner thighs.
About 6 months ago I started searching again. Swimming over a mile every morning 7 days a week and no amount of exercise was going to make them better. Then I found Dr Agha - lots of before and after photos. Now I am 7 weeks post op a verticle thigh lift. Legs are still sore and I had some incision openings in the groin area but I've since learned that it happens frequently. Dr Agha also did some fat transfer to the buttocks (which I made clear to him that I had no interest in a big booty - been trying to have a small one my whole life) it was in preparation for the butt lift he will be doing 9/1 with a sprial thigh lift and tt. Until then I have a HUGE ASS!
Before surgery I wore a size 10. We are going on a Cruise Aug 11 and I have no clothes that I can fit in to. Oh well.. all a part of the journey. My butt will flatten out when he does the lift. After that I'll have my arms done and that's it.
It's been wonderful reading all the posts and gaining the encouragement and strength from all of you.
Keep 'em coming cuz it keeps me going!
I'll try and get some pic's posted soon.
Hey all you anticipating a thigh lift or verticle...
- 25 Jul 2011
1. Toilet seat Riser w/handles.
2. Absolutely! Do NOT - Do NOT use stairs.
3. Order a freshette at www.freshette.com
4. For a verticle thigh lift - have on hand 5X7" sterile pads and 4X4 gauze pads for dressing changes.
5. Tape - I prefer the cloth tape - alcohol to remove the goo left behind.
6. Steri-strips in case anything looks like it might pop open unless you don't mind endless weeks of packing with gauze 2X's a day like I have had to do:( Hate it!
7. I think a hospital bed or lift chair would be great if you can afford it. I've only found 1 rental place in Los Angeles for the lift chair. I 've read that most people who have a tt/tl prefer the chair lift.
Hope this helps!
Went to see my Dr yesterday. Healing well now. Had...
- 27 Jul 2011
Wow!!! Red banner day for me! Both groin incisions...
- 4 Aug 2011
I put on 6 pounds over the last 3 months and trying to get it off. Really want to lose another 15-20 before the LBL in Jan - which I know I will do!
Arms are next for 9/1 - hey atleast I'll be able to keep up the walking during recovery!
Big Day tomorrow..Having my arms done! Talked the...
- 1 Sep 2011
Back home yesterday! Arm surgery went really...
- 6 Sep 2011