Baby Steps! 7 Weeks Post Op VTH - California

55 Years old and have been fat for as long as I...

55 Years old and have been fat for as long as I can remember. Highest weight was 259. For the last 3 years I've maintained 175-180 and am 5'8". So yes..I could stand to lose more. The majority of my weight is hips down. I have no leg shape they are tree trunks. 10 years ago I went from ps to ps searching for someone willing to do something to them and I was told they could do nothing. 5 years ago I flew to Texas and a doctor did lipo. Was happy at first cuz he basically debulked them to some extent which left me with swag drapes for inner thighs.

About 6 months ago I started searching again. Swimming over a mile every morning 7 days a week and no amount of exercise was going to make them better. Then I found Dr Agha - lots of before and after photos. Now I am 7 weeks post op a verticle thigh lift. Legs are still sore and I had some incision openings in the groin area but I've since learned that it happens frequently. Dr Agha also did some fat transfer to the buttocks (which I made clear to him that I had no interest in a big booty - been trying to have a small one my whole life) it was in preparation for the butt lift he will be doing 9/1 with a sprial thigh lift and tt. Until then I have a HUGE ASS!

Before surgery I wore a size 10. We are going on a Cruise Aug 11 and I have no clothes that I can fit in to. Oh well.. all a part of the journey. My butt will flatten out when he does the lift. After that I'll have my arms done and that's it.

It's been wonderful reading all the posts and gaining the encouragement and strength from all of you.

Keep 'em coming cuz it keeps me going!

I'll try and get some pic's posted soon.

Hey all you anticipating a thigh lift or verticle...

Hey all you anticipating a thigh lift or verticle thigh lift. Here is the list as promised.

1. Toilet seat Riser w/handles.
2. Absolutely! Do NOT - Do NOT use stairs.
3. Order a freshette at www.freshette.com
4. For a verticle thigh lift - have on hand 5X7" sterile pads and 4X4 gauze pads for dressing changes.
5. Tape - I prefer the cloth tape - alcohol to remove the goo left behind.
6. Steri-strips in case anything looks like it might pop open unless you don't mind endless weeks of packing with gauze 2X's a day like I have had to do:( Hate it!
7. I think a hospital bed or lift chair would be great if you can afford it. I've only found 1 rental place in Los Angeles for the lift chair. I 've read that most people who have a tt/tl prefer the chair lift.

Hope this helps!

Went to see my Dr yesterday. Healing well now. Had...

Went to see my Dr yesterday. Healing well now. Had a long discussion about my LBL on Sept 1. I have changed my mind and will have my arms done then and hold off for the big one in January for several reasons. I want to lose another 15 lbs prior to the LBL. My VTL was only 8 weeks ago and I am still healing and want to really feel strong when I have the LBL. Also, every year my husband and I go to Cabo in Nov for 10 days and I DON'T want to potentially jeopardize our time together there by an incision potentially opening. Not being able to swim etc etc. My arms aren't real bad and no doubt I'll be healed. Guess I am rambling. Sorry All!!

Wow!!! Red banner day for me! Both groin incisions...

Wow!!! Red banner day for me! Both groin incisions are finally closed and heald. 9 weeks post op today. I still have two openings mid thigh on my right leg. There were two small scabs that my Dr pulled off a couple of weeks ago and wanted me to pack them..Now 1 is about an inch long and 1/4" deep the other is about 1/2"X 1/4 " deep. After all I've gone through it seems like a piece of cake now. Been getting up at 4am to walk 2 miles before I start working at 5. Bummed I can't swim though.
I put on 6 pounds over the last 3 months and trying to get it off. Really want to lose another 15-20 before the LBL in Jan - which I know I will do!
Arms are next for 9/1 - hey atleast I'll be able to keep up the walking during recovery!

Big Day tomorrow..Having my arms done! Talked the...

Big Day tomorrow..Having my arms done! Talked the husband into going hunting for the weekend with his buddies. A sister/friend will be with me. Love her to death! She even took two days off work to be with me. We've been friends since elementary school. My husband absolutely stresses and then it stresses me. Besides he is very anal about pain meds. I can take 1 or 2 tables every 4 hours. If I take 1 and it does not do the trick he insists I wait until the 4 hour mark to take one or two more. Just don't want to deal with it. I want drugs and I want to sleep:) after surgery. Just hope I don't deal with anything opening under my arms. I've seen enough bandages and gauze over the last 3 months. Send prayers!

Back home yesterday! Arm surgery went really...

Back home yesterday! Arm surgery went really great!!! Little sore but much better than anticipated. Dr didn't even put in drains cuz my arms weren't all that extensive. I look like a weight lifter the way I carry my arms but I am doing fantastic. I've had absolutely no swelling in my lower arms and hands. Doing so well that I got up at 4:00 am and walked two miles before starting work. LOVE the ARMS!!! Hope all you gals are doing well!
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

I really want to have this surgery but have to wait. Had gastric bypass surgery March 2005. Insurance won't pay for plastic surgery and financially we can't afford it. Just wish I could enjoy my weight loss and not have to wear jeans and long pants all year round. Wish there was a reputable licensed plastic surgery that would do this as a tax write off. I hate feeling ugly and embarrassed about my legs!!!!! :-(
Please can we see some pics, I am going to get the thigh lift in a few weeks and would really like to see your pics, thanks so much for the list of "goodies" that we should stack up on, definately helpful..
Yes .. pics please.. My surgery is in a few weeks and I am having the incision down the leg... any other suggestions as far as supplies???
Please I need to know if you had any problems bending over after your spiral thigh lift LBL?
Aww just came across your review, how are doing? i had a TT last dec. now looking to get my "thunder tights" done, and some lipo on my upper and lower back, just curious to know if you have any before and after pics, thanks
Wow ladies, been great hearing all your experiences with all your surgeries. I am going to have lipo and lifts on my arms and thighs. Thighs are lateral, medial and posterior lift. I will be spending 7 days in hospital. Soooooooooooo....how long until it is not so hard to get around and how will i go with arms and legs done at same time moving around? Also, what is the best thing to wear in hospital and anything else to take in that would help me in anyway?
looks like I am planning the same surgeries that you had plus a face lift...all due to age and 100 lb weight loss...Dr Agha is one of the doctors I have been talking too about this all. Looks like I will be having the breast lift, face lift and arms done the end of Sept. and then next March the thighs, which for me are the worst...I also said no to the fat transfer of the but. Would die if I were to go from a 10 to a 14 in pants. Hoping to go down to a 8 with the thigh lift. I too am tall 5'91/2" and long waisted so I do not need a stomach tuck, oh how I wish it was all over..... Should have had this done a few years ago but thought I was too old, glad to know at 58 it still can happen.
Did you have a spiral thigh lift with Dr. Agha or just regular thigh lift and if so did you have any problems bending forward? I need to know. Thank you
please feel free to contact me I have had a spiral lift a tummy tuck, lipo with and outer thigh lift by dr. Agha. And know of several others with real lift stories that could help you with your decision. I think I could help you alot.
We're you able to bend forward after your spiral thigh lift? I need to know. Thank you.
Congrats on your success. Would love to see pics or hear of an update! I'm thinking of going to Dr. Agha for lower body lift. Kind of scared but sick of life as a fat woman and have lost weight and want to finally fix the lower body crap.
Actually, I go to 24 hr fitness. It's less than 10 min from my house. Works out well. Gotta lose 20 before 1/17 so no time to relax:)
Wow you are an early riser! I am assuming you have your own pool and going to find one at that hour of the day LOL I don't even think the chickens work that hard! LOL
My lbl does include a tt, although my stomache is not by any means the worst part of my body. I hear you on the self sabatoge...you might be riding the train but I'am the conductor!!! I start working between 5 and 530 AM. When I am swimming I get up at 3:30...I do go to bed with the chickens:)
Oh I hear you I quit smoking in April after my consult for the TT surgery - it's tough not to trade food for the craving to do something with your hands. So does your LBL include a TT or have you already had one or don't need one~! I think my issue is self sabatoge because I'm dissappointed in my results but it's time to get off the pity train
;0) I did this the last time I got close to my goal but I refuse to not be aware this time. Man you get up early is that a choice? Wow - I know you can do it!
Thank You! Have to admit that I have no choice but to get on it! Quit smoking in May - had my vtl 6/1 sat on my butt with 4 openings for the next 2 months. Have put on 12 lbs that I have to get off yesterday:) I want 20 off by January 17 when I have my lbl. I am doing 2.4 miles at 4 am then 1.2 in the evening. My metabolism is near nothing so if I want to lose I have to adhere to a strict diet and exercise my butt off. Just can't wait to start swimming again. Love it and miss it.
Your my hero! Walking 2 miles and working not 4 days after surgery! Got my butt moving.
Yay!!! No drains!! Glad it went well and you are happy!!!! Can't wait to chat with you on what all you experienced!
LMull it so good to hear that your surgery went well and that you love the results! You sound like your raring to go already! Make sure you take some time to heal!
I just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you I have called a few times and left you a couple of message's just to let you know I care~
Well it was GREAT to talk to you! Wow we had a lot to catch up on that's for sure~ I am SO excited for you for tomorrow your going to look amazing~ xoxoxoxo I will keep you in my prayers.
Thanks so much Cher! I was up at 4 am this morning cleaning my closet! Sounds silly but I still had two suit cases packed that I wanted to take care of before my arms are bandaged...Like anyone would see them other than the husband.
LMull, right on with husband out hunting and bringing your good friend to help - LOL. Drugs are good and I'd imagine you won't be able to dress yourself or hold things for awhile? When you see your new arms, will you be able to smile any broader - LOL. Can't wait to here how it goes and sending you prayers, hugs, and all from Washington!
LMull, take care tomorrow! Will be thinking of you and wishing you all the best. Hope it isn't too long before you will be able to type and internet and such and be back to normal. Good luck - I'm real happy for you!!!!!!
Good luck on you surgery tomorrow! You have endured more than you needed to with the legs so the arms will be a breeze! We'll all be thinking and praying for you and I sure can understand your dissappointment in you PS office. It's tough to get the questions answered right before surgery. Once again good luck you'll do awesome!