Smart Lipo, Upper/lower Abs and Flanks - California, CA

I am 5'2" and I weigh 138 pounds. I had a baby...

I am 5'2" and I weigh 138 pounds. I had a baby last year and although I have lost all the baby weight, my abdomen is still big. I researched about the smartlipo and the reason I wanted to do it is because it claims that your skin can be tighten. I am afraid of doing it because I have read that it can be painful and I am afraid of the pain. I have my procedure on October 25. Hopefully, I am going to be happy because I feel that I am expending a lot of money in this procedure.

Here are the pictures before the procedure.

Here are the pictures before the procedure.

I still waiting for the results. I took this...

I still waiting for the results. I took this picutes 11 days after the procedure.. I haven't had any problem at all. No pain during the procedure and easy recovery. The hardest part is wearing the garment.

It has been a month since I had my procedure. I...

It has been a month since I had my procedure. I have lost 9 pounds since the procedure. I am not sure if the smartlipo help me to achieve the weight loss because I have been exercising a lot and eating healthier. I lost most of the fat in my abdomen and it really looks flat. I could be very happy with the results but I don’t like that I have a lot uneven areas which will make very difficult to wear a tight shirt or dress.
At least for me, that was the idea to wear something tight and sexy. I have been researching and I have found out that there is nothing you can do about the uneven areas that the more treatments you have the worst they can get so I am not even sure if I need to speak with my dr. about it. When I saw my dr. last time, the uneven areas were not noticeable because my abdomen was very swollen but every day they are getting worst. I won’t lie to you because I have already some before the procedure (you can see in my before pictures) but I was hoping that they will be smooth with the laser since the procedure claimed that it tights your skin. I feel that I expecting more about it. Now, my abdomen looks as if I have a lot of cellulitis. I have using my garment 24/7 and I am planning to keep using it at least for 6 month. I won’t wear it whenever I have an event or party because it’s hard to hide under your clothes.
If you are not very big and you have a little more money, I will recommend doing a mini tummy tuck. It might be more expensive but I guess you will have more chances to get a better results.

Hey edel...how did the touch up go...any difference? are u happier since the touch up...let me know....talk soon!!
EDEL...DID U DO THE TOUCH UP?? IF SO...HOW DID IT GO FOR YOU...I GO END OF AUGUST FOR MINE!!
hey i did the touch up already!! i have to tell you, not to discourage you, but for me didn't work.. i still have the uneven areas, like cheweb said i am going to work with other alternative like vela-shape to see if is going to get it better...i hope it works for you, but i really recommend you that dont expect much of a change!!! cause it wont!!! and like your DR. said it can definitely get worst..my didnt get worst but, i dont see that much of a change either,,so i hope everything goes well with you!
I saw some improvement with touch up and Venus Freeze but I was hoping that the touch up would fix 100%. touch up won't fix much if its scar tissue or bumps. If the doc left on too much fat them yeah it will help.
Hey girl, I saw your question on MuffinLess's page. Its weird that your doctor is saying she will do the touch up on Monday but doesn't say you would get good results from it. is she saying you should wait? There are several massage techniques and procedure you can do with your stomach to work on the lumps like lymphatic massages and there is another one that I can't think of the name but you can look into. Ask her about those resources and options before you do another procedure and find out when would be a good time for you to get the touch up. Wearing the garment IS very annoying but it does help with your results so wear it as long as you can stand it.
I so agree Cheweb...she should be able to give u an idea of results to come...if she cant tell u positive results will be had...I would wait...like I said my doc is a plastic surgeon and wanted a year before touch up for best results...ask more questions and don't jump into it if ur not getting the answers u want...just a friendly piece of advice from someone who is in the same boat as you!! Keep us posted on what u decide....Sharon
If your doc doesn't feel you'd get a good result I would wait or seek elsewhere.
Heyyyy Spyce...how are u?? Hope all is well hun....looking MARVELOUS!!! Sharon
Thanks Sharon!! I'm doing great. Healing nicely. Looking forward to wearing shorts to show off my new legs!!
Hi Spyce, The problem is if I look for somebody else, I have to pay and I don;t want to do that. I rather go to Mexico (I am from there) and do a tummy tuck. I will have to pay the same as an smartlipo in USA. I feel that it is unfair. The things is that she feel that I had uneven areas due to my pregnacy before the procedure and there is any procedure that get rid of those. I paid for velashape and it didn't help me either. Anyways, I will see what happens.
She said that I don't have fat what I have is lose skin. She saw that I have some fat just under my brest above my belly so she will do that and will try do do laser to make look better around my belly. She said that people with uneven areas the more procedure, the worst the get but at this point is to have a flatter stomach. I am sitting right now and I have a pair on jeans on and you can see that I have my stomach outside my jeans. I did velashape before the procedure and it didn't help me. I felt that I just lose my money.
Girl, you sound just like me. I had the same issue...money with someone else. I'm not saying don't use her but have her advise you on when would be a good time and what you can do with the lumps to improve your results
Hahahaha.....YOU go GIRL!!!!
How are u feeling hun?? Any better?? Just checking in....Sharon
Hi Sharon, I am doing OK. It is getting hard to keep my weight stable. I went to the dr. and told me to lose 10 pounds which will be very difficult. She said that if I lose them, I will be the way I wanted. I don't understand why I need to lose that amount of weight. I am confused because if I had had that weight before, I had needed the procedure.
sorry to intervene but I too can't keep weight stable. i had the procedure on my thighs and weight immediately went to abdomen .I put on about 5 -7 lbs that I couldn't take off then I got a revision. They took fat from abdomen to put in the peaks and valleys of the thighs. Now, my weight is 13 lbs over the norm and it won't budge. Do you think the procedure had something to do with this? Or has your lifestyle change? I feel my is the same. Just wondering your thoughts.
Hey Edel, they do recommend diet and exercise to maintain the new you, bit for her to tell you to loose weight? Hell no! My Dr recommended I do ab workout to strengthen muscles but she never said anything about loosing weight. Are you same weight as when you went under?
Yes, I am the same weight as when I had the procedure. She also told me to do some abs but for me to lose 10 pounds is almost imposible because I wasn't overweight in the first place. I was 136 and I am 5"2.
Natters, Just read your review. I am so sorry for what you went through. I had a bad experience with a Doc who was not experienced on small frames with very little fat. I think that was your case too. Your doc may have gotten too close to your skin and damaged connective tissue. I hope you are able to get your body back to where you are comfortable. But yes!!! My fat moved to my thighs after abs were done!!! Weight redistributes to the remaining fat areas. Now I'm getting my thighs done. Pray for me!! My doc assured me he'd leave some fat so I don't have saggy skin. He did a foud job revising my abs but still pray for me. Btw, I'm 42, good skin, muscle tone etc so I do think its the surgery that made weight move to my thighs. I'm not old and exercise and eat right.
Edel I lost 5 lbs before I went under and as of today 17 weeks after surgery, I lost another 3 due to my very carefully way of eating clean and 3 x at gym. I do however have what I want to believe is "loose skin" on my lower abs... It just hangs ... I m very petite And had 3 pregnancies that stretched me way too much. However at last visit with Dr I told her about excess skin and she said I didn't need tt just ab workout.... Will see... That's what I want to think, extra skin and not fat left behind. Are you seeing her again? When?
Where do have 10 pounds to lose??
Okay. I will pray for you. I am glad you have good skin tone and exercise and eat right. Take Care. My best to you.
I also have some lose skin. I go to the gym 5x a week. I will see her in April and she said that we will see if I there is anything we can do but I need to lose 10 pounds. I will try to do my best to lose another pounds but it will be very difficult to do it since I am not overweight.
No I am almost 8 pounds lighter. That's is the thing I don't understand about this. I wasn't big at the begginning so I was expecting to look better but I remember that I went to a wedding 4 months before the procedure and I weight 10 pounds more as the day of the procedure. In the wedding, I looked the same way I am looking right not after the procedure and 8 pounds lighter. There is not a lot difference.
I don't know what is going on. I just can tell you that I excersice 5 times a week. I don't eat carbs most of the time but with one day that I eat them, I gain all the pounds I have lost. The problem is that I was expecting to look flatter but not, if I am in 128 pounds I look better but what the idea to have the procedure, was to look better without having to lose a lot of weight. It was supposed to get rid of the problem areas.