Abdomen with Full Waist and Inner Thigh - Need Advice

I am a mother of 2, 5 yrs and 3 yrs old. I have a...

I am a mother of 2, 5 yrs and 3 yrs old. I have a lil belly. I have an appt scheduled on 5/19/10. I have seen many reviews, pros and cons. I am really worried now and dont know if I should proceed or to cancel :(

Like many others, I felt like I was pressure into paying upfront for the surgery. The patient consultant was friendly, yes but not professional. She didnt even weigh or measure me. All she did was asked me to lift up my shirt and drop my pants. She took a glimpse at it and quoted me of $11,400. I was shocked because I am 5'1 and about 138lbs but mostly muscle. I am only really having problems with my abdomen and maybe the waist too but thought I can get a better discount if i did the thighs too. I told her that I read many reviews and dont remember it being this $$$$...OMG! Then she was like, okay $8000 and thats the best I can do. I was like no, i cant do that neither. Then she said okay, $7000 and its the lowest I can go. Oh man, did i feel like I was buying a car. BLEH

Anyways, my concern is... do i really want to proceed or seek another clinic that will have an actual doctor or something to do the initial exam? is 7000 decent, given the areas I m having the surgery for? your advice is greatly appreciated...thx in advance =D

Pros - 1) they have board certified...

Pros - 1) they have board certified surgeons

2) they specializes in this area; whereas, other centers may include laser hair removal and breast augmentation.

3) The staffs are very friendly

I will post updates when I get the surgery

Updated on May 27, 2010:

I had my surgery last week (5/19/10). The surgery itself was not bad.

Pros: Dr and assistant was very professional; minor pain; provides super absorbent pads to minimize leak in car and bed; pleasant setting; friendly staffs; provides a compression garment; and Board certified surgeons.

Cons: The recovery process (very...very uncomfortable). My lower ab is swollen and discolored :( As for result, I havent notice any changes in the stomach but the flanks are definitely gone. The inner thigh is the same but I was already told that the thigh will take a lil longer for result. I didnt take any pain meds post-op so that may have contributed to the discomfort in the recovery process.

Sonobello Sacramento