Monkey Face After Upper Lip Lift..

2 weeks ago I had the upper lip lift (procedure...

2 weeks ago I had the upper lip lift (procedure done with the incision under my nose); I had this done for the primary purpose of exposing more of the vermillion of my upper lip.

The lip lift is okay, but I am now thick and fleshy in the area between my upper lip and nose, because the doctor also injected filler for the lines I had above my lip. While I used to have feminine features, I now have what I can only describe as a monkey look. My nostrils are also MUCH more visible.

If I could turn back time, I likely would have had the upper lip lift done without having filler put into the small lines above my upper lip. With the lip being pulled up, that filler is now almost completely filling the area between my nose and upper lip, and the thick 'monkey' look has changed the integrity of my face. I used to have small, delicate features. Scared to death that my nostrils won't go back to normal, either.

MY QUESTIONS: For the heave upper lip issue,Can...

MY QUESTIONS: For the heave upper lip issue,Can I/should I consider having that filler dissolved? AND, will my nostrils/nose go back to normal? (A reminder that the procedure was done 2 weeks ago). Thanks so much for any feedback. -- Updated on Jan 20, 2010: After the upper lip lift I had 3 weeks ago, my nostrils have hard scar tissue inside where the stitches were. This is causing a loss of pliability and are making my nostrils wider and more visible. Does this repair itself over time? I also feel I have too muck thickness in the flesh between my upper lip and nose, resembling what I can only describe as a monkey (possibly a bit harsh). I'm hopeful that this is due to the filler and will repair itself as the filler dissolves.

My doctor is typically conservative, and to give him the benefit of the doubt with my current issue I am seeing him again to follow up.

Temporary fillers can be resolved with an antidote shot. I completely understand what you are describing as I had temporary fillers placed into my upper lip one time that actually moved into the space in between my upper lip and nose. I had the doctor inject an antidote and it went away within a few hours after the antidote. With your lip lift did he cut skin only and not the muscle? I do not believe you would have had a good result with fillers injected into your upper lip due to how thin your lips were. My lips were similar to yours before my upper lip lift. I just had an upper lip lift where the doctor cut the muscle as well. I also had a corner lip lift which turned my corners upward and lower V-Y. This may help if you get the corners done. My surgeon is in California. Good luck to you.
Looking at your pictures again. I think an antidote shot would get rid of the problem with thickness in between your lips and nose. With skin only lip lifts it can pull down the nostrils. It s still really soon after your procedure and I am sure swelling etc is going on. I read it can take up to 3 months before everything settles down after lip lift.
http://www.realself.com/review/torrance-lip-lift-happy-results?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=GlobalNLBest&utm_campaign=GlobalNLBest%202014-06-28 This person above wrote about her nostrils being large and it was temporary as after the swelling went down they looked fine. Again I recommend the antidote and wait 3 months for swelling to go down before doing another procedure. I would discuss with a doctor.
You had zero top lip before the surgery, a lip lift wasn't the proper procedure. now your mouth look VERY weird. Should have just gotten fat transfer or restylane injections
This looks like that not because she has zero lip before ... it looks like that because her doctor cut wrong shape of skin... doctor should remove more skin in central cupid bow and lift some more corners sides of lip ... I asked my doctor to show me his "picture" under my nose before he cut anything ... JustWannaLookRefreshed: it is still to correct with a good surgeon x
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

hope you are doing well! it is such a bummer when things don't turn out as we had hoped. Thank goodness the filler will dissolve over time. Maybe you could post another pic once the filler is gone and we can see the final result with just the lip lift.
from the before picture it look like justwannalookrefreshed didn't need a liplift in the first place I'm wondering if that's why they look forced up and the nose looks pulled down. Fillers probably would have been a better choice just to make the lips look fuller?
Agreed!

Does anyone know of any plastic surgeons in Pittsburgh, PA that do lip lifts?

Finally, I have found a great surgeron in Paris, who is doing lip upper lift: Dr Le Louarn (actually,this syrgery is NOT popular in France) He says, that the problem which JUSTWANNALOOK describes may occur after lip upper lift, but it revolves positively in a short healing time.
Refreshed, Joey, and Hollilulu,

hope you are all doing better and find your results more pleasing. I am still debating this surgery.
Hello, Joey!
Just want to ask, how your nose and your lip upper look now?
Hope, your concern is over and you look ok now?
I am very interested in to lip lift
I am very interested in this procedure but it seems that there are few drs who are experienced.
Any suggestions?

Hi gailgirl--

There are a few board-certified surgeons in Pensacola who do the lip lift. Here's a list: Pensacola Lip Lift doctors

If you're able to travel down to Miami, you get a few more options: Miami Lip lift doctors

Many of the doctors on that list are active on RealSelf, so feel free to contact them through their profile pages and see if they can help you.

Good luck!

The swelling has subsided but still the sides of the upper lip are down and the middle is up with creates a bit of a wierd look. I dont recommend this procedure in all honesty.
Sharon, I went to the advertisement you provided and did not see "lip lift" in the listing. Do you have a better source? Preferably a few persons who have had this done as a reference and their before and after photos?
I had the procedure done also and i am male believe it or not. I know it's not something men get doen but i was really concious of he droopy look i had. I was happy to get it done and i think i did not research enough. I did get the bullhorn lip lift done a week and 2 days ago now. I did get quite a bit of swelling and can sympathise with you in the sense that my nostrils look wider and nose actually looks thicker. I know its early days but i am due back at work in 4 days and really worried about how i will look as i do not want anyone to notice. I was also told by the nurse who took the stitches out that i should limit my talking for another couple of weeks. why is that? and how am i supposed to do that when work involves alot of talking. I had no idea it was going to be like this and was only told to take a week off work. Is the nurse being over zealous? I also read here that the nostrils can be fixed easily, how so?
the nostrils can be fixed easily.
how are the nostrils fixed easily?
Could you please post an update on how you are doing? I had the lip lift just a couple of days ago and am semi-panicked about uneven nostril swelling, and also about that thickness between my nose and lip. I know it's very soon to be looking in a mirror, but I am wondering if you're happier now and if your concerns about your nostrils has resolved itself. (Also - was there any unevenness to your swelling? ) Thanks.
Hi, and yes it's much better. The swelling and thickness have gone down, but my nostrils never did return quite to normal (they're pulled down a bit, but not enough that anyone else notices, but since I look at myself every day, I notice it). Sorry for the delay in my reply, but since you write back in May, how have things gone for you?
How are you doing now that it is a year plus since your surgery? Are you happier with results?
Hi I had a lip lift a month ago and I have extremely hard swelling at the suture line. My area is also very bulky and it pushes my lip out like a duck. My nostrils also look wide and more visible. I look way worse than you at a later date, I hope it resolves. How are you doing?
Who was your doctor? Thanks!